Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. (3122 Views)

The Current Three Best Governors In Nigeria Based On Developmental Projects / Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Umahi, Ayade, 8 Others Emerge 10 Best Governors In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Ttalk: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

This comment just shows that you live in one place.

Sorry man.

Very lame defense.

I school in Lagos served in Anambra and have worked in Rivers and now Abuja. Reason well if you want to engage me

4 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Very lame defense.

I school in Lagos served in Anambra and have worked in Rivers and now Abuja. Reason well if you want to engage me

BRT is now a project to you?
As if you don't know other states have BRT.

Or like we don't know Lagos state have molue buses.

If BRT is the only project of fashola as you said then he had nothing to offer.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by StreetFight: 8:08am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:
Tinubu
Fashola
Sanwo Olu

No other human or spirit can beat these ones

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Hideaki: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2023
The best governor's are Sam Mbakwe, Jim Nwobodo and Akanu ibiam.

No governor comes close to what they have achieved
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 8:15am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

I agree with 90% of schools for amaechi. They even called some schools amaechi schools because of what he did, those schools were high class renovations I wonder what must have happened to those schools, I've not been to Rivers for a long time
Wike could not maintain them ameachi ran the schools like private school were the school fees for each student was paid by government to the school direct, the school use the money to run and maintain the school then returned the profit to the state

Similar to what obi did
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 8:16am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Legacy

Tinubu - IGR
Fashola - BRT
Sanwo Olu - Mono rail

Tinubu brought the tax system that revolutionized Lagos IGR

Fashola executed the BRT project and Housing estate

SanwoOlu - Commissioned the first Monorail in West Africa.

If you can bring any legacy or project that beats any of these, then we will talk.

Abeg don't mention, the building of roads, schools, and payment of salaries because all governors do that. Show a signature project that has no rival in Nigeria if you want to engage me

Those pictures below are what is called legacy sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by SoNature(m): 8:46am On Oct 24, 2023
How well a governor will perform largely depend on how much they have.

No governor in the history of Nigeria has controlled more money than Tunde Fashola.

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

So many governors did not have local government elections because.....

The local government doesn't carry out any development and waits to share that money every month.

Have you gone to your local government to see people hang out there every end of the month? Apart from that they do not come to work until another ending.

They don't do anything.
wow, how low people can go just to defend rubbish.
If a governor cannot codinate his local govt chairmen what business does he have being a governor in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by dandollaz: 9:08am On Oct 24, 2023
spy24:
Donald Duke
Godswill Akpabio
Fashola
Do they travel.only stay in lagos and conclude.why not say transformed a state.Akpabio/Fashola is definitely No 1. Then chime Zulum and umahi
Did fantastically well too.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

I'm not holding brief for anyone but BRT is a massive project, and I have traveled over 20 states in Nigeria and I have never seen any state with a BRT dedicated lanes, I have never seen except Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Jomonix: 9:29am On Oct 24, 2023
Obi
Obi
Obi
Obi
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2023
You fools keep fooling your Igbo father this rubbish your attached how many Nigerian governor was rated and what website did you create it from or ipob created it from foe your to continue foolish your fathers.

Fools will publish fact unverifiable stats and start lying to your fathers claiming the nonsense is fact.

mrvitalis:

Please name the area fashola was better than Ameachi
Akpabio
Obi
Sullivan
Umaih
Donald Duke
Sule lamido

Fashola is no where near obi in terms of governance at all

Someone of you just wake up and start typing what you have little data to back up

4 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Itsrm(m): 9:45am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Very correct.

Sullivan chime will compete with fashola anyday. I would have added Wike but I think Wike had nothing to do apart from building flyovers, he didn't bring development to his state.

What I meant about Wike is, he had so much money and was spending it on flyovers because he couldn't come up with an idea for his state, either because amaechi had done all the work or he just couldn't come up with ideas

You are drunk
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2023
What road did Peter Obi do compare to Fashola if you are using road as your yardstick. You comment just expose you as being excessively foolish or an outright senseless tribalistic bigot.

No matter how you dice it, Peter Obi will not make top 10 governors in Nigeria except among igbos. No other Nigerian will list Peter Obi as a performing governor be it from his failure to build a single school all those foolish talk of giving computer that we can not see na for your pocket.

It is on record Obi increased school tuition by 300%, failure to pay teach n doctors over a year, Obi couldn't not even do as much road as Ngige did in 3 years after his 8 years.

I can go on n on about Peter Pandora failure but of what use is talking about the colossal failure you are washing his image as if we were not born when he was a governor.

mrvitalis:

The numbers you don't build 10 school out of 500 and show it

Ameachi and obi touched 90% of schools in their state

90% of health care institutions in their state

That's how I rate them I don't rate fashola because even with the roads he did 60% of Lagos roads were bad

Most street's haven't be tared ever doing major roads dont cut it for me

3 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2023
This your mentality shows how pathetic you are in reasoning. Visit abroad to see facilities built in anticipation people will use them in decades to come.

Only in Nigeria will fools be grandstanding as knowledgeable humans.

malcom1X:

Dude I don't count umahi.

Umahi wasted money. Umahi had only one job .
Build roads, that's the only job he had. When you know your people are mostly farmers.

All those infrastructure has no meaning if no one is using them. You need to go to Ebonyi to check things out. No one uses those infrastructure and their stupid lightin

Building an airport that no plane has landed is waste of money.
Sooner or later taxes will be coming in.

All he would have concentrated on was roads.

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Cyrus176(m): 10:01am On Oct 24, 2023
We need facts, not mere listing area of concentration.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2023
When you don't have anything tangible to rate a failed governor with you start talking of FDI. All over the globe the world know Africa need development projects n infrastructure more than any continent in the universe.

This is where you are grandstanding the failure Peter Obi failed woefully to be talking about FDI. Same FDI you can not point a verifiable source to backup.

mrvitalis:

Umiah would be what then? Ameachi is a joke to you? Obi performance on HDI means nothing to you? U don't know about sule lamido Performance in Jigawa? Lamo

5 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2023
EcoNews:
When you don't have anything tangible to rate a failed governor with you start talking of FDI. All over the globe the world know Africa need development projects n infrastructure more than any continent in the universe.

This is where you are grandstanding the failure Peter Obi failed woefully to be talking about FDI. Same FDI you can not point a verifiable source to backup.

Oga HDI is different from FDI

HDI is Human Development Index... That's the only way to know How governace has impacted the people

FDI is Foreign Direct Investment ... Self explanatory

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2023
EcoNews:
What road did Peter Obi do compare to Fashola if you are using road as your yardstick. You comment just expose you as being excessively foolish or an outright senseless tribalistic bigot.

No matter how you dice it, Peter Obi will not make top 10 governors in Nigeria except among igbos. No other Nigerian will list Peter Obi as a performing governor be it from his failure to build a single school all those foolish talk of giving computer that we can not see na for your pocket.

It is on record Obi increased school tuition by 300%, failure to pay teach n doctors over a year, Obi couldn't not even do as much road as Ngige did in 3 years after his 8 years.

I can go on n on about Peter Pandora failure but of what use is talking about the colossal failure you are washing his image as if we were not born when he was a governor.

Never mentioned Peter obi in terms of infrastructure even though he did well

I only mentioned him in HDI and the graph I dropped showed he outperformed Tinubu n fashola combined
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2023
Did you get the graph from Ipob or you think I am as foolish as the next obidient that gulp down every foolishness you throw around without questioning.

mrvitalis:

Never mentioned Peter obi in terms of infrastructure even though he did well

I only mentioned him in HDI and the graph I dropped showed he outperformed Tinubu n fashola combined

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by mrvitalis(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2023
EcoNews:
Did you get the graph from Ipob or you think I am as foolish as the next obidient that gulp down every foolishness you throw around without questioning.

Bring your own data na sir let's compare sir
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2023
So we are now celebrating doctors strike because Obi watched doctor go n strike for good full year.

If you care to know under Tinubu 8 years doctors never took a day to go on strike just so you know.

mrvitalis:

Lamo mention the state that health workers didn't go on strike then I dare you

I was I rivers state then they went... Lagos State sacked their own doctors ... Lmaooo read u won't hear don't come here to disgrace yourself

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by EcoNews: 10:22am On Oct 24, 2023
Mr Man mechonu, where did you get the ipob statics you are parading to asswipe the failure Pandora criminal Peter Obi.

Where ? What institution, website or body compiled the rating abi Ipob is now officially churning out data for you to fool yourselves.

mrvitalis:

Bring your own data na sir let's compare sir

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by obailala(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I reaction to a thread prior, created by mokwechineme
I was laughing all through while reading the unprofessional image laundry he was doing for Peter obi and Alex Otti, I don't know how it makes sense to rate a man that has not even find his footings as a governor in the person of Alex Otti as one of the best givernors since 1999.
If I were to make a list on the worse givernor's in Nigeria history Peter obi will definitely be on the list, who can Imangine a governor that refused to conduct local govt elections for eight years, a governor that was comfortable with doctors going on strike for over eight months under his watch not making the "worse" list. On my best three givernors since 1999, here we go.

1. Number one on the list is none other than Fashola.
Infrastructure Development: Fashola's administration focused on improving infrastructure in Lagos. This included road construction, rehabilitation, and expansion, as well as the construction of modern bridges like the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge etc.
Education Reform: He initiated reforms in the education sector, with improvements in school facilities and the distribution of free textbooks to students. This contributed to better educational outcomes in Lagos State.
Health Care: Fashola's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare more accessible to the people of Lagos State.Security: Under his leadership, there were improvements in the security situation in Lagos, making the state safer for residents and businesses.
Housing: The Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) was initiated, aimed at providing affordable housing to residents.
Environmental Initiatives: Fashola worked on environmental sustainability, introducing measures to mitigate flooding and improve waste management.
Tax Collection and Revenue Generation: His administration was also known for improving tax collection and revenue generation, which helped fund many of these projects.

2. Number two on the list is Adam's oshiomhole.
Infrastructure Development: Oshiomhole's administration invested in road construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance, improving the state's road network and transportation infrastructure.
Educational Reforms: He implemented various reforms in the education sector, including the construction of new schools and improved facilities, which contributed to better education for Edo State residents.
Health Care: Oshiomhole's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, providing better access to healthcare services for the people of Edo State.
Urban Renewal: The administration embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying major cities like Benin City and enhancing their aesthetics.
Job Creation: Oshiomhole's government worked to create employment opportunities for the youth through initiatives like the Edo Jobs scheme.
Pension Reform: His administration also made significant progress in pension reform, ensuring that pensioners received their entitlements promptly.
Security: Efforts were made to improve security in the state, making it safer for residents and businesses
.Judicial and Legal Reforms:
Oshiomhole's government worked on judicial and legal reforms to enhance the effectiveness of the legal system in Edo State.

3. Number three on my list is, how can we forget sulivan chimes golden touch in enugu state.
Since 1999 the only south east governors that can be compared to chime is umahi and obiano.
Infrastructure Development: Chime focused on improving the state's infrastructure, including road construction and rehabilitation, which enhanced transportation and connectivity within the state.
Education: He invested in the education sector, improving school facilities and supporting educational programs to enhance the quality of education in the state.
Healthcare: Chime worked to upgrade and expand healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare services more accessible to the people of Enugu State.
Security: He made efforts to enhance the security situation in the state, which contributed to a safer environment for residents and businesses.
Urban Renewal: The administration also embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying and modernizing the state's capital, Enugu, with the "Coal City Beautification Project."
Agriculture: Chime's government supported agricultural development programs, promoting food security and economic empowerment for farmers.

These are my top three givernors
A man is given N1m, another is given N100k; it would be desperately flawed to compare the performance of both men side-by-side. If performance of governors must be compared, governors of Lagos state should be placed in a separate category and compared only against one another. Similarly, governors of Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom should be placed in their own category and compared only against each other.

Given the finances at their disposal, past and present governors of Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom have always been the worst; Delta state and perhaps Bayelsa especially have been cursed with the worst cretins since 1999.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 10:38am On Oct 24, 2023
Itsrm:

You are drunk

If I ask you now to name one project that woke did, you won't be able to.

I'm talking about you not anyone else. The truth is I can name projects that amaechi did, how come no one can name the project Wike did?

Apart from flyovers.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by malcom1X: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2023
EcoNews:
So we are now celebrating doctors strike because Obi watched doctor go n strike for good full year.

If you care to know under Tinubu 8 years doctors never took a day to go on strike just so you know.

Yes true because he sacked all of them. And called it downsizing. Using PPP. For public hospitals

And employed new doctors that he didn't pay.

He had more protest by health officials than Obi

And you can Google it. There were strikes too
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Itsrm(m): 10:56am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

If I ask you now to name one project that woke did, you won't be able to.

I'm talking about you not anyone else. The truth is I can name projects that amaechi did, how come no one can name the project Wike did?

Apart from flyovers.

That's why I said you're drunk

Cancer and rehabilitation centre
Law school
New campus of Rivers State University in Ahoada
Rehabilitation of BMH
Pleasure Park

And many more too numerous to mention.

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Ttalk: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

I don't have patience for your stupidity. ElRufai equally has Araba during his days as FCT minister but where are they today. The continuity and distinction in government policy and project execution is what defines them.

Show me any transport system in Nigeria that is as efficient as BRT?

That's legacy, that's what distinguishes accomplished administrator from others.

If we want to go further, Amaechi in Education, and Kwakwaso in roads and bridges.

These are things you will continue to remember for many years to come and not just routine project that all the governors can do

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by LordBillionz: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2023
malcom1X:

Very correct.

Sullivan chime will compete with fashola anyday. I would have added Wike but I think Wike had nothing to do apart from building flyovers, he didn't bring development to his state.

What I meant about Wike is, he had so much money and was spending it on flyovers because he couldn't come up with an idea for his state, either because amaechi had done all the work or he just couldn't come up with ideas

Sullivan Chime was an all rounder governor. He's the best governor that Enugu has had as he touched every sector of the economy and society. He's the face of modern Enugu.
Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by 7lives: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2023
Ttalk:

Legacy

Tinubu - IGR
Fashola - BRT
Sanwo Olu - Mono rail

Tinubu brought the tax system that revolutionized Lagos IGR

Fashola executed the BRT project and Housing estate

SanwoOlu - Commissioned the first Monorail in West Africa.

If you can bring any legacy or project that beats any of these, then we will talk.

Abeg don't mention, the building of roads, schools, and payment of salaries because all governors do that. Show a signature project that has no rival in Nigeria if you want to engage me

These ones are supersonics na, were talking normal people you're listing sharks.

1 Like

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:54am On Oct 24, 2023
Fashola fears no general,
He is always the best man for the job.
his indeed number one leader.
He is not after titles despite being a SAN
Fashola does not flaunt his wealth among paparazzi or social media frenzy
He is not tribalistic
He is not a religion bigot,
He tolerates other religion and keep his religion personal to himself,which how GOD WANTS US TO BE.
FASHOLA IS A REAL HUMAN BEING NIGERIANS ARE PRIVILEDGED TO HAVE AS A LEADER
He didn't go for senate
His not in Tinubu govt
He is not after self ambition,but always to serve the nation
He is a true Patriot.Salute grin

2 Likes

Re: Three Best Governors In Nigeria Since 1999. by Ingocof(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I reaction to a thread prior, created by mokwechineme
I was laughing all through while reading the unprofessional image laundry he was doing for Peter obi and Alex Otti, I don't know how it makes sense to rate a man that has not even find his footings as a governor in the person of Alex Otti as one of the best givernors since 1999.
If I were to make a list on the worse givernor's in Nigeria history Peter obi will definitely be on the list, who can Imangine a governor that refused to conduct local govt elections for eight years, a governor that was comfortable with doctors going on strike for over eight months under his watch not making the "worse" list. On my best three givernors since 1999, here we go.

1. Number one on the list is none other than Fashola.
Infrastructure Development: Fashola's administration focused on improving infrastructure in Lagos. This included road construction, rehabilitation, and expansion, as well as the construction of modern bridges like the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge etc.
Education Reform: He initiated reforms in the education sector, with improvements in school facilities and the distribution of free textbooks to students. This contributed to better educational outcomes in Lagos State.
Health Care: Fashola's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare more accessible to the people of Lagos State.Security: Under his leadership, there were improvements in the security situation in Lagos, making the state safer for residents and businesses.
Housing: The Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) was initiated, aimed at providing affordable housing to residents.
Environmental Initiatives: Fashola worked on environmental sustainability, introducing measures to mitigate flooding and improve waste management.
Tax Collection and Revenue Generation: His administration was also known for improving tax collection and revenue generation, which helped fund many of these projects.

2. Number two on the list is Adam's oshiomhole.
Infrastructure Development: Oshiomhole's administration invested in road construction, rehabilitation, and maintenance, improving the state's road network and transportation infrastructure.
Educational Reforms: He implemented various reforms in the education sector, including the construction of new schools and improved facilities, which contributed to better education for Edo State residents.
Health Care: Oshiomhole's government upgraded and expanded healthcare facilities, providing better access to healthcare services for the people of Edo State.
Urban Renewal: The administration embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying major cities like Benin City and enhancing their aesthetics.
Job Creation: Oshiomhole's government worked to create employment opportunities for the youth through initiatives like the Edo Jobs scheme.
Pension Reform: His administration also made significant progress in pension reform, ensuring that pensioners received their entitlements promptly.
Security: Efforts were made to improve security in the state, making it safer for residents and businesses
.Judicial and Legal Reforms:
Oshiomhole's government worked on judicial and legal reforms to enhance the effectiveness of the legal system in Edo State.

3. Number three on my list is, how can we forget sulivan chimes golden touch in enugu state.
Since 1999 the only south east governors that can be compared to chime is umahi and obiano.
Infrastructure Development: Chime focused on improving the state's infrastructure, including road construction and rehabilitation, which enhanced transportation and connectivity within the state.
Education: He invested in the education sector, improving school facilities and supporting educational programs to enhance the quality of education in the state.
Healthcare: Chime worked to upgrade and expand healthcare facilities, making quality healthcare services more accessible to the people of Enugu State.
Security: He made efforts to enhance the security situation in the state, which contributed to a safer environment for residents and businesses.
Urban Renewal: The administration also embarked on urban renewal projects, beautifying and modernizing the state's capital, Enugu, with the "Coal City Beautification Project."
Agriculture: Chime's government supported agricultural development programs, promoting food security and economic empowerment for farmers.

These are my top three givernors

You need to as a matter of fact quickly take your malaria drugs or consult your doctor. Apart from Fashola the other two has nothing that qualified them to be on the list of the ten best governors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria:leaders Stole More Than $ 380 Billions, What About European Leaders? / Why Did Buhari Cried During 2011 Election? / Christiane Amonpour To Interview Buhari On CNN Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.