Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 (7522 Views)

Marketers Disagree With Taiwo Oyedele On Refineries Sale / ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele / Senate Probes NNPC Over $396 Million Refineries’ Maintenance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by ogododo: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2023
The Senate frowned at what they perceive to be sabotage of the Federal Government’s effort to resuscitate the nation's refineries, in spite of N11.35 trillion spent on maintenance of the moribund refineries.

The Senate on Tuesday resolved to mandate its Committee on Downstream Petroleum to investigate all contracts awarded for the rehabilitation of all the state-owned refineries between 2010 and 2023.

The lawmakers also plan to ascertain progress on the ongoing works in all refineries in order to forestall waste and corruption and interrogate the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian Upstream Petroleum Regulatory Commission (NUPRC), Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) on the best approach to commercializing and/or ensuring profitability of the state-owned Refineries; and Invite the NNPCL, NUPRC and LNG to explain the nation’s preparation for Green Energy Sources in line with the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.

Channels Television reports that the Senate frowned at what they perceive to be sabotage of the Federal Government’s effort to resuscitate the nation’s refineries, in spite of N11.35 trillion spent on maintenance of the moribund refineries.

The Senate has also raised the urgent need for security agencies to probe the circumstances leading to the Otukpo bank robbery attack on Friday, October 20 which claimed the lives of nearly of 8 persons including 4 police personnel. It also called for an unravelling of reasons behind the lack of intelligence and alertness on the part of the police on the day of the attack.

For the motion moved by Senator Abba Moro (PDP, Benue South) the Senate also observed a minute silence in honour of the dead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/10/24/senate-to-probe-money-spent-on-refineries-maintenance-since-2010/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Tntsi: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
I look at my beloved nation and i see a nation that is heading to the grave if drastic actions are not taken.

It is less than 6 months since chief tinubu criminally took over affairs.
In less than 6months, the "builder of lagos" has destroyed Nigeria beyond recognition.

Chief tinubu has successfully
Destroyed Nigeria globally as Nigeria is now officially ruled by a criminal/ forger gang.
Destroyed Nigeria financially
Destroyed Nigeria economically
Destroyed Nigeria morally.
Destroyed Nigeria constitutionally
Destroyed Nigeria religiously
Destroyed Nigeria judically.
Destroyed Nigeria governmentally
Destroyed Nigeria institutionally.
Destroyed Nigerians reputationally...

Yesterday I saw INEC asking the supreme court judge to reject the csu deposition and i was like how did we get to this? Do we understand the repercussions of these desecrations?
An institution that is a supposed umpire in an election boldly meddling with tinubu.
Every aspect of our nation is dead.

I said it months ago, that nothing good will come out from this desecration of our nation.

I say it again , Nothing good will come out with the evil rooted in the land. Even if tinubu appoints angels to work with him, Nothing good will come out.
Nigeria is at the point of destruction. The desecration, rootness, criminality and evil legalized in power must be taken away. If not , forget about Nigeria.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by LeoDeKing: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2023
grin

8 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Acekidc4(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good!! Accountability is a must.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by LLSAINT(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2023
Idle Red chambers
Why not focus on what we have left first?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by ogododo: 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nlfpmod. Wetin go comot for de probe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by 377: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2023
All these probe up and down what will come out of it. Absolutely nothing.

13 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Christistruth00: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2023
They should not probe it

They should recover it back

And use the Money to build a Concrete Road

From Port Harcourt to Lagos

9 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by marlow1962(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2023
Wash

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Searchingvictor: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jokers
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by obaidan: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
these ones are looking for thieves that will offer them bribe to keep quiet

4 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by nairalee(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
are blacks truly cursed?
I've been thinking about this for MONTHS!!!

we all know they will spend money on this "probe" and NOTHING will come out of it.

10 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Enddy50ty(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Okay
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by saasala(m): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
We are finished in this country!!!

N11.35 trillion spent on reviving the refineries since 2010 yet nothing to show for it.

Who released the money? To who? What did they do with it?

If the refineries have been working since lets say 2015, Naira should be around 200/$.

We keep spending billions of dollars each year importing refined oil thereby killing our currency and our economy and we are looking?

And even this probing is all talks and nothing will happen. Mad people

Africa is cursed!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by dapsoneh: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
Stop playing, nothing will come out of it

5 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by englishmart(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
Their probing is simply perfunctory.
It's easier to find a dance club in hell than for the probe to yield anything substantially fruitful.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by BigDawsNet: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
Have you read the book... "so pe oti lo"

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by theophorus(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
@Tntsi, I wish you whatever you wish thus Nation, Nigeria.

I hope this Senator understand the meaning of "Probe". Cos we all know that you people won't do anything meaningful.

We all know that our refineries is being destroyed by those who are paid to work there and they are feeding fat and destroying it and our great nation.

But one thing we know for sure is that just like the "Happie boys" everybody go collect their own.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Dikaveli(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
Please I need a fairly used or direct belguim shuttle bus for town service business

Suzuki or hiject

Very neat

Please in case you have anybody dealing on it and at an affordable price let me know
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Nimejohn928: 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2023
Alright ride on

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by obaidan: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Christistruth00:

They should not probe it

They should recover it back

And use the Money to build a Concrete Road

From Port Harcourt to Lagos

yinmu....they are looking for NNPC to bribe them or give them juicy contracts
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Are they done with the COVID 19 probe and how much did they recover?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by jojothaiv(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jadiks:
Probe is now a normal word in Nigeria
And I'm surprised with way the word is been thrown around, many of the folks calling for probe need to sit down and beam the same probing lens on their selves and see if they don't deserve to top the probing list themselves.

Anyway, this is Nigeria, I've learnt not to work my hope up
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by anytexy: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2023
Mtcheeeew!! Akiko n'egwu. Next, please
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Djele: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2023
What about the 150 million for SUVs. Criminals
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by seunjungle1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nairaland clock is not correct.
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Dshocker(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
What is the need to probe, when at the end, nobody will be prosecuted.

Instead more money will be spent on the investigation.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by Nwaokunkpara: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nothing will come out of this
Re: Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 by abhosts(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2023
LOL. Nigerians now have zero trust in their leaders.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

unique,functional,perfect building Design,Construction & approval In Nigeria / Three Wealthiest Men Ever To Come Out Of Europe, America And Africa / APC Presidential Aspirant, Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim Speaks To Arise TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.