Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Ten (10) Qualities Of A Righteous Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten (10) Qualities Of A Righteous Man (197 Views)

How Do We Identify A Righteous Person? / A True Jesus' Disciple Is Better Than A Righteous Christian / Is There Anything Like "A Righteous Lie"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten (10) Qualities Of A Righteous Man by topshore(f): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2023
Scripture Text: Psalm 1: 1-6

We can learn a few things from the our Scripture text today on the qualities of a righteous man, and also of the wicked.

Psalm 1 talks about two kinds of people: the righteous man and the wicked. The first, who is talked about in lines 1–3, is a good man. He is someone who does what is right, and follows moral or divine law. The second type is a wicked man, who is someone who doesn't follow the divine law.

We can learn ten (10) things about the good man from verses1–3.

1. He is happy. It means to be happy or comfortable in this passage, where the word "blessed" is used.

2. He does not walk in the counsel of the wicked. In other words, he is picky about who he mingles with or asks for help.

3. He does not stand in the path of sinners. He watches out for where he hangs out. This guy most likely won't be at the strip club or the gambling.

4. He doesn't sit with scoffers. What does a scoffer do? Someone who shows disdain, ridicule, or disrespect. It sounds like someone none of us would want to have at our dinner table, but some of us not only do have them there, we are them! This man doesn't hang out with these kinds of people.

5. The law of the Lord makes him happy. What makes you happy? Your partner, your kids, your job, your pets, or your chocolate? That doesn't say that this man liked any of those things. He loves reading God's word.

6. He thinks about God's rule all day and all night. It means to think about something for a long time, like a cow chewing its cud. It keeps coming back to mind, day and night. Not sure about you, but I feel good when I think about God's word once a day.

7. He's like a tree that is firmly placed by water streams. We can tell that this man is stable and cared for from this one phrase. There is always a stream of water nearby for him to swim in, rest by, and drink from. I think this water could be like the Holy Spirit. I also love that the word "firmly" is used to describe how this tree is put in place. It's not likely that this tree will fall over in the next storm.

8. He bears fruit in its season. God can use this man. He lets God use him in any way He wants to bring fruit into his life. When the time is right, you can pick this fruit. Because he put his faith and joy in God's law, this fruit came to him.

9. His fruit and leaves will not wither. That doesn't mean this man won't get old. This means that he will always be useful to God's kingdom as long as he loves God's law. He will have bad days, but they will only last a short time. In the end, they will bring him closer to God.

10. He prospers. When we talk about getting rich, it's clever to be smart. Being prosperous doesn't always mean making money. This man might do well as a friend, at work, in his marriage, or in other parts of his family life. He may also find that his relationship with the Savior is the only thing that makes him happy.

Life can be hard sometimes nevertheless this man knows very well that loving God and His rule is what will make him happy. This joy not only makes him happy, but it also ties him deeply to the Lord Jesus Christ, the source of life.

However, by strength shall no man prevail. We need the help of the Holy Spirit to be righteous, else we fail trying out our own way. To get help from the Holy Spirit, we need to be a friend of God. And anyone who wants to befriend God must love His Son, Jesus Christ. It's only when you accept Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Saviour and surrender your all to Him can you show your genuine love to God. You need to be born again! Repent today and receive the portion of the righteous man.

God bless you.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus precious name I pray, amen!

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Also read https://stylingrannymama.com/faithblog/tag/Characteristics+of+the+righteous+man
Re: Ten (10) Qualities Of A Righteous Man by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2023
topshore:
Scripture Text: Psalm 1: 1-6 We can learn a few things from the our Scripture text today on the qualities of a righteous man, and also of the wicked.
Psalm 1 talks about two kinds of people: the righteous man and the wicked. The first, who is talked about in lines 1–3, is a good man. He is someone who does what is right, and follows moral or divine law. The second type is a wicked man, who is someone who doesn't follow the divine law.
We can learn ten (10) things about the good man from verses1–3.

1. He is happy. It means to be happy or comfortable in this passage, where the word "blessed" is used.
2. He does not walk in the counsel of the wicked. In other words, he is picky about who he mingles with or asks for help.
3. He does not stand in the path of sinners. He watches out for where he hangs out. This guy most likely won't be at the strip club or the gambling.
Jesus Christ failed #3 ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You come up each week with least that condemns even the one you call your God and you think you are on a better path than He? undecided

(1) (Reply)

What Skin Colour Was Job The Hebrew? / The Law Of Process [ What You Need For Your Growth ] Apostle Joshua Selman. / What Happens When Your Heart Stops Beating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.