Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? (6075 Views)

Which Of The Nairalander(s) Will You Like To Meet In Person? / Obasanjo: Say What You Like About Me, I’ll Support Buhari / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by naijalodge(m): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
like Baba fella, suffering and smilling, grin grin
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
engr j:

OK THREE GBOSA 4 NIGERIA?

GBOSA!GBOSA!GBOSA.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Rastamann: 7:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
I enjoy drinking by beer and pepersoup freely without any harassment
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by makajibbz(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rastamann:

I enjoy drinking by beer and pepersoup freely without any harassment
grin grin grin
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by boyt1: 8:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
Nigeria is not for lazy folks. "work hard, play hard"
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by AmakaG29(f): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
music, food, and people
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by nasoeb: 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
I love naija because its naija and the only place where i call home, where am free to walk without first checking my wallet to see if i have my visa duplicate and non can compare to me home. The people, the freedom, the music, the food, happiness you can even feel it in the air. No matter how life maybe be twisted, you always have more reason to be happy. More so I love naija because Nigerians are very very friendly people.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
I love naija because they lie even when you caught them cheating.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by gascoign1(m): 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
I like our police,so understanding and cooperating as long as u sample d fibre
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Sike(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
CorruptioN
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
There's not much to like about Nigeria.

My opinion, others may feel differently.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by babaowo: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
i love naija because of lagos island,lagos life,eni toba de eko ti o ba gbon? = ogbon ti laja!
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by realchange: 11:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
The people are relatively innocent and basically good and law abiding. hardship and bad government makes naija look really bad. overall, the most friendly people on earth by far.
i miss that a lot. and I miss suya of course! cool
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by udezue(m): 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hhhmmm
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by muyoto: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
the food
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by pkv(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
i luv the absence of natural disasters, except 4 d political disasters i am proudly naija
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2011
Being a yoruba and nothing else.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Africanson: 12:16am On Oct 26, 2011
Nigeria is one of the best country in the world. The only problem we have is government.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 26, 2011
fresh food.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Oct 26, 2011
@Poster, if people gathered about, and told you all they loved of Nigeria, would that make Nigeria's problems right? I mean I don't understand why people wake up to create silly threads such as this one. Na fruit of joblessness abi wetin? Your mates dey outside dey protest for CHANGE, you dey here dey look for ways to PACIFY yourself even further. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by arsenefc: 4:09am On Oct 26, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Poster, if people gathered about, and told you all they loved of Nigeria, would that make Nigeria's problems right? I mean I don't understand why people wake up to create silly threads such as this one. Na fruit of joblessness abi wetin? [size=18pt]Your mates dey outside dey protest for CHANGE, you dey here dey look for ways to PACIFY yourself even further[/size]. sad sad sad sad sad sad
'

Your mates dey outside dey protest for Zuccoti park, in DC etc, you dey here dey criticize. oniranu oshi
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by LloydAchi(m): 6:52am On Oct 26, 2011
What can I say?>>>>Nigeria is my only HOME. No matter how much I travel, once I get to Nigeria, I feel at home. Its just the bad government and corruption that p1sses me up.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 26, 2011
Gala

Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 7:28am On Oct 26, 2011
who cares if you like anything or not?

Even though most people cant read and answer correct questions. Its not about what you miss - its about what you like.

There is this proverb in Yoruba - it says - The oyingbo market doesnt care if anyone come to shop or not.

In a nation of 150m people and more, wetin concern Nigeria with wether you like anything about her or not?

Poster? Can you imagine this your question being asked from citizens of any other country in this world? No. Na only Nigerians like you fiti ask such questions.

While others are in the same Nigeria earning a good living- all you want to know is what people on NL like about Nigeria. You must think Nigeria cares.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Airtimex(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2011
i miss the gurlz
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by papadenzel(m): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2011
if u can survive in 9ja, den u can survive hell fire, Hell fire cant be much worse dan what obtains here in Nigeria, Very sure of dat, not sure if we can have worse roads in hell, not sure if there'll b no lite in hell, not sure if there will be police and uniformed men brutality in hell, not sure if there will b dis scale of corruption in hell, loads more o,
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by FRANKMANUE(m): 8:04am On Oct 26, 2011
Yes! it is only in Nigeria that you can:
     drive without drivers license;
     win election without registering for the election;
     own a car without vehicle documents;
     Rob with some police officers helping you;
     work in one office & collect salary in 4 offices;
     reduce your age with full support from authority;
     secure a contract without executing it;
     throw a party for succeeding through illegal activities;
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:23am On Oct 26, 2011
I love the simplistic lifestyle.

The ability to make mad money and enjoy it.

Our food

Our traditions/culture/customs/attires.

I love the diversity.

I hate the corruption and religous intolerance.
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by kayalla(f): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2011
forget the politicians,

the ploice,

Lasman

life is good in Naija my Country!
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Havilah93(m): 8:52am On Oct 26, 2011
[size=8pt][/size]Food! tongue grin
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by Abiboy09: 9:12am On Oct 26, 2011
Revealed!, Exclusive Interview with Toyin Kolawole (CEO, Truebranches.com)
http://incometranslation..com/p/interviews.html
Re: Is There Anything You Like About Nigeria? by wellheads(m): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2011
Most things about this great country called NIGERIA is blessed and wonderful. Just to mention a few;

1. A country where you hardly experience natural disasters (earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes etc)
2. A country blessed with abundant natural resources (petroleum, gold, limestone, iron ore etc)
3. Abundant land mass suitable for different purposes ( agric, tourism, shipping, hunting etc)
4. Very industrious and hard working people (Really, nigerians are very hard working)
5. A country where you can legitimately make good money from different avenues and sectors of the economy (emphasis on the word LEGITIMATE)
6. Wonderful and receptive people who welcomes visitors and are usually happy with themselves and the visitors (exception of a few people like the Jos community)
7. A country of choices in many regards: food, weather, language, dressing, culture etc

The list is endless.

I however acknowledge the fact that we have some bad eggs amongst us (especially our leaders) who are defaming the good people of Nigeria and creating uncomplementary situations for Nigerians (bad roads, power outage, corruption, political and cultural killings etc). It is these people that we should HATE and not the great country.

Personally, I would score Nigeria 70%. It is now up to you to decide if we are 70% GOOD or 30% BAD . For me, we are 70% GOOD.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Role Of Nigerian Youths In National Development / NASS Workers Strike Threatens 2019 Budget Presentation / The Real Picture Of Pdp Presidential Rally In Ekiti Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.