Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off (1943 Views)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Professor Helped His Male Student Carry His Baby During Classes (photos) / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Sharatan(m): 11:50am On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

He uses his money on chains and other non essential things ,like even now he is planning to buy earpods with the next money they would send to him

What?!
If he does so. Just sideline him. You can’t be hungry and wearing fake chains to live fake life while your tummy is grumbling.
Tell him if he doesn’t start being wise you’re going to stop offering him free food. A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2023
Dracula123:
It's just food. Please don't deny a close friend food... friendship goes way beyond that
You can talk to him about priorities so he knows he's supposed to get food instead of other things next time

I understand hunger is painful but I can't keep up I don't want to go back to not eating a whole day
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by westlius(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2023
My dear dont send ur friend ooo
my younger bro complained of these when he was in skool till his eyes open
my bro buys his food in buck, this is friend will use the biggest pot to cook beans rice met for 12 people at once and they will eat it in 3 day, befor month will finish foot stuff otilo
my bro taught he was helping him till he went to his hostel and saw this guy dey buy cloth steady because he was seeing free food.
use ur head any guy who values cloth than food do t share urs with him

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by otipoju(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2023
I remember when I borrow two of my room mates 16 Derica of Rice for hostel. Their own stock had finished and they were stranded till month end. The agreement was to return my rice once they got money from home.

Month end come, they got money went to market restocked their own food stuff bountifully.

Wey my own 16 Derica na. They frowned and became angry that I was asking them to return it after all I still had food. They said I was a bad friend and wicked person.

I no follow dem shout. I just quietly said that they had two choices.

1 Return what they borrowed and every thing returns to normal.

2. Refuse to return and I will throw away ALL the foodstuff they bought once they left for classes so that we will both know we lost.

They grudgingly gave me back but I was deeply traumatized at the betrayal.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2023
PaganTerrorist:
Put sniper in his food and be far way from him as possible when it happens

Relax bro😂
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2023
westlius:
My dear dont send ur friend ooo
my younger bro complained of these when he was in skool till his eyes open
my bro buys his food in buck, this is friend will use the biggest pot to cook beans rice met for 12 people at once and they will eat it in 3 day, befor month will finish foot stuff otilo
my bro taught he was helping him till he went to his hostel and saw this guy dey buy cloth steady because he was seeing free food.
use ur head any guy who values cloth than food do t share urs with him

It's hard to leave him because he is practically my best bro in the school,it's really going to be difficult
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by rooftops: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:

It's hard to leave him because he is practically my best bro in the school,it's really going to be difficult
He is going to buy earpod next because he knows you will clear his next month feeding for him. These kind of people don't stop until you carry out something drastic.

If he was hungry because his parents don't send much, that is understandable but this, he is playing with your intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Jewessgratitud3: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
I don't get why some people complain when others start using their stuff meanwhile na you first go begin do joint cooking affairs, e reach your turn now body begin pepper you. Don't start what you cannot finish.

Since it's already like this, the best thing is to stop using his cylinder. You claim you contributed to buying gas , if him no give you cylinder, you go pour gas for air cook? In a way his cylinder is still serving you, so you owe him whether you like it or not. Leave him cylinder and only then can you tell him off.

You use person thing, e use your own, wahala come
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by mikool007(m): 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2023
Learn to pretend you don't have, sometimes it's better if you want to avoid any direct confrontation, at least if you come 4 times and na gist we gist, you no see food, you go change ur steppings
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by CedarHoldings: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kids sha cheesy
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by AwokenVawulence: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
rooftops:

He is going to buy earpod next because he knows you will clear his next month feeding for him. These kind of people don't stop until you carry out something drastic.

If he was hungry because his parents don't send much, that is understandable but this, he is playing with your intelligence.

His just bought the earpods worth 3700 today he doesn't have any cash again
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by eventainment(m): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2023
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by eventainment(m): 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
I'm sure we have all been in the position of thinking if a close friend is helping situation or bringing more problems. I'm currently in university and every is feeling the heat from the current economy, I recently entered university as I came I couldn't buy gas cylinder and other equipment that would enable me to cook as it's cheaper than eating out, so sometimes ( about 4 times) I use gas from this friend, note we bought the gas together.
Sometimes we go to the market to buy some foodstuffs I average contribute about 30% of the amount spent. About 10 days ago his family member gave him 10k he used it to buy perfume , chain and other stuff worth almost 8k I was angry but didn't show it ( why not use it to buy more foodstuffs ) . Sometimes when I go out to eat he comes and meet me there and due to the fact of I don't like eating when a friend around me hasn't eaten I buy him food or we share the one I bought .

Now on Friday I went home bye my gas and foodstuffs because it saves money and since I came back he has been eating with me daily,this has taking a great stress on the foodstuffs I brought back because what my parents gave me wasn't ment for two people and I am to use it till December.
So please how would do I go about this , I don't know how to tell him to stop coming because I used his gas when I didn't have and he is close friend.And also what scares me is that he currently doesn't have any provision due to the fact that he spent it on perfume and does stuff I listed before which probably means he is going to keep coming for a while

Note - I only used his gas and the foodstuff 4 times mainly because I contribute less( 30%) and know am not entitled as much as a higher percentage , and I only go to his room when only I haven't eaten due to maybe my parents not sending the cash on time not every f**cking day undecided

I feel if your friend narrates this story there will be a different justifiable angle.
You were eating at his place not frequently but sometimes. to a large extent your friend is a free person. If you stop him from eating your food now when you go broke who will you run to?
One thing I learnt in school is give to get. Now's is your turn to contribute the 70% you are seeing it differently. Just allow make this your current good stuff finish together then una don draw. When you want to get new one you can draw the line and he will understand. You can say your parents complained about it. And he will get the message and you guys will still be cool
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by Rickmann: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
AwokenVawulence:
I'm sure we have all been in the position of thinking if a close friend is helping situation or bringing more problems. I'm currently in university and every is feeling the heat from the current economy, I recently entered university as I came I couldn't buy gas cylinder and other equipment that would enable me to cook as it's cheaper than eating out, so sometimes ( about 4 times) I use gas from this friend, note we bought the gas together.
Sometimes we go to the market to buy some foodstuffs I average contribute about 30% of the amount spent. About 10 days ago his family member gave him 10k he used it to buy perfume , chain and other stuff worth almost 8k I was angry but didn't show it ( why not use it to buy more foodstuffs ) . Sometimes when I go out to eat he comes and meet me there and due to the fact of I don't like eating when a friend around me hasn't eaten I buy him food or we share the one I bought .

Now on Friday I went home bye my gas and foodstuffs because it saves money and since I came back he has been eating with me daily,this has taking a great stress on the foodstuffs I brought back because what my parents gave me wasn't ment for two people and I am to use it till December.
So please how would do I go about this , I don't know how to tell him to stop coming because I used his gas when I didn't have and he is close friend.And also what scares me is that he currently doesn't have any provision due to the fact that he spent it on perfume and does stuff I listed before which probably means he is going to keep coming for a while

Note - I only used his gas and the foodstuff 4 times mainly because I contribute less( 30%) and know am not entitled as much as a higher percentage , and I only go to his room when only I haven't eaten due to maybe my parents not sending the cash on time not every f**cking day undecided

You need to man up bro.
Manage ur resources alone.
You no lap anybody come school besides you are still a fresher and you don't need to be anyone's responsibility.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by CJStarz: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
He's a parasite. Lay him off.
Re: Should I Carry On With The Friend Or Cut Him Off by BigYash: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Zonefree:

Don't hoard food for your friend. Always share with him with the little you have. When there's no food, let him know there's no food.

There are more important things you should worry about as a man, not food.
Tell him o.. Op if you have give,if you don't let him know too.. This giving saved my life while in small.. Small garri when I give person when ask me,saved me few days after.. Just garri o..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHATS HAPPENING WITH SBRS FUNTUA ABU ZARIA ADMISSION LISTS 2010 / How Can I Get Unical Post Ume Question? / UNN 2012/2013 Admission Cut-off Marks For All Departments.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.