Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

You Can't Lose Your Salvation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can't Lose Your Salvation (5616 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Maynman:
Anything that was given can be taken back.

No God don't take back his gift it in the Bible too.

Romans 11:29

29 God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:55pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

True!
no
. Read your Bible.

That why Satan gift has not been taken

God don't go back taking gift it forever yours as long as the earth remains.

29 God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2023

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
no
. Read your Bible.

That why Satan gift has not been taken

God don't go back taking gift it forever yours as long as the earth remains.

Has not been taken does not mean cannot be taken. E.g. he gave to Saul kingship and He took it from him and gave it to David. Same for this world which He is coming to take back from man.

Whatsoever is given can always be taken back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

If I were to follow you
I'll say that even Judah Iscariot who was chosen will still benefit and have salvation right?

Hebrews 10
26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,
27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition.
28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three.
29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

The children of Israel Moses told will enter the promised land, only 2 among the people who left Egypt stepped into the Promised Land

Jesus said that the one who endures to the end (end of their life or of this wicked world) will be saved. What if someone does not endure?

Jesus also gave illustrations about a slave who was given work by his Master but seeing his master delay, he became slack and he was punished

What about the story of the foolish virgins? They were friends but at the end, we're denied.

Hebrew 3
1That is why it is necessary for us to pay more than the usual attention to the things we have heard, so that we never drift away.
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved to be sure, and every transgression and disobedient act received a punishment in harmony with justice,
3 how will we escape if we have neglected so great a salvation? For it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him...

Philippians 2:12
Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Once Saved, Always Saved is not a Bible teaching
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Has not been taken does not mean cannot be taken. E.g. he gave to Saul kingship and He took it from him and gave it to David. Same for this world which He is coming to take back from man.

Whatsoever is given can always be taken back.

Apt
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
Now just because you know this principle don't take advantage of it and begin to do any how because God said he only flogs his children so imagine his flogging when he sees you want to abuse the grace you found out.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:
■ The gift of eternal life is for God's friends
■ The wicked wil face eternal annihilation
Where in Scripture did Jesus Christ say that only those who are God's friends can enter into the Kingdom of God -- acquire eternal life -- in John 3 vs 1 - 21 ? undecided

2. So Jesus Christ lied when He instead said the goats in the Kingdom of God will be condemned to eternal damnation where there will be weeping and gnashing and worms that never die -eternal. I get it. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If I were to follow you
I'll say that even Judah Iscariot who was chosen will still benefit and have salvation right?

Hebrews 10
26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,
27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition.
28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three.
29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

The children of Israel Moses told will enter the promised land, only 2 among the people who left Egypt stepped into the Promised Land

Jesus said that the one who endures to the end (end of their life or of this wicked world) will be saved. What if someone does not endure?

Jesus also gave illustrations about a slave who was given work by his Master but seeing his master delay, he became slack and he was punished

What about the story of the foolish virgins? They were friends but at the end, we're denied.

Hebrew 3
1That is why it is necessary for us to pay more than the usual attention to the things we have heard, so that we never drift away.
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved to be sure, and every transgression and disobedient act received a punishment in harmony with justice,
3 how will we escape if we have neglected so great a salvation? For it began to be spoken through our Lord and was verified for us by those who heard him...

Philippians 2:12
Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Once Saved, Always Saved is not a Bible teaching

I will respond to you soon let me tidy up some thing before I explain it since you are not even reading the scripture I put up.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Maynman: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

No God don't take back his gift it in the Bible too.

So what happened to Adam and Eve?
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

According to Revelation 20:14
The lake of fire means or represent what?

It looks like what we call a prison (a world of great sorrow, pain, suffering, torment and anguish)
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

I will respond to you soon let me tidy up some thing before I explain it since you are not even reading the scripture I put up.

Oga
Salvation is not automatic
It is God who saves
If you don't remain faithful, you lose it
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where in Scripture did Jesus Christ say that only those who are God's friends can enter into the Kingdom of God -- acquire eternal life -- in John 3 vs 1 - 21 ? undecided

2. So Jesus Christ lied when He instead said the goats in the Kingdom of God will be condemned to eternal damnation where there will be weeping and gnashing and worms that never die -eternal. I get it. undecided

Jesus did not specifically say friends of God.
As sinners, we are alienated from God knowledge of God helps us to begin a road of friendship which will lead to salvation
All those exercising faith in Christ and God are friends of God

2. Goats ke?
Worms ke?
I guess you were taught figures of speech in high school

Jesus cannot literally condemn goats and commend sheep. Both represent two distinct groups of people.
Jesus also said all nations will stand before him in judgement. It does not mean that everyone goes to him to be judged.
Neither does it imply that his left hand side means condemnation.
All are symbolic or parables with their special meaning
Worms ko? Snakes nii grin

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Salvation is not automatic
It is God who saves
If you don't remain faithful, you lose it

Well it shows you don't want me to explain since you don't want to learn the Bible truth

And you can not even

Explain this verse

Besides we are not talking about salvation been automatic.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It looks like what we call a prison (a world of great sorrow, pain, suffering, torment and anguish)

According to REVELATION 20:14 (Not according to your idea) , the lake of fire means or represents what?

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
Maynman:

So what happened to Adam and Eve?

Adam and eve
There's no place in the Bible that says they were saved. But there is no place in the Bible that indicates the couple was lost...

But from Bible we know they
where given immunity
Adam and eve where the first people God killed an innocent lamb for

And Bible later showed that that lamp was Jesus

The lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

So you can imagine where they are now.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Well it shows you don't want me to explain since you don't want to learn the Bible truth

And you can not even

Explain this verse

The calling by God to selected few to become anointed corulers and priests (spiritual Israel or the New Jerusalem) with Jesus was predestined by God. He can never regret that arrangement just as he would not regret calling the Nation of Israel as his own but those that rebel or forsake the covenant lost their salvation. The same thing applies today

That was why Jesus warned the congregations through the books of Revelation, promising to vomit them out if they did not repent cos they were lukewarm

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Maynman: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Adam and eve
There's no place in the Bible that says they were saved.
What will they be saved from in the first place?

They were created because of the garden and they were later cursed and cast out, what does that mean?
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Psalms 51:5 in Other Translations
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 5 For I was born a sinner— yes, from the moment my mother conceived me....

Did David not do something sinfull after he was born?

Have you seen any where, where God has accused a baby or even an adult person who has done nothing "why hast thou done this sin?

Go and see if you can find anyone who God found guilty of sin who did not do anything.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The calling by God to selected few to become anointed corulers and priests (spiritual Israel or the New Jerusalem) with Jesus was predestined by God. He can never regret that arrangement just as he would not regret calling the Nation of Israel as his own but those that rebel or forsake the covenant lost their salvation. The same thing applies today

That was why Jesus warned the congregations through the books of Revelation, promising to vomit them out if they did not repent cos they were lukewarm

Please let take it slow

State your point and then let me counter them that how to communicate

Now which places in the Bible makes you think you can lose your salvation state them let me counter them don't rush when you state them

Am waiting.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

Please let take it slow

State your point and then let me counter them that how to communicate

Now which places in the Bible makes you think you can lose your salvation state them let me counter them don't rush when you state them

Am waiting.
I listed all already
All the verses I quoted

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Dtruthspeaker: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

According to REVELATION 20:14 (Not according to your idea) , the lake of fire means or represents what?

I have answered you what I see it looks like and represents.

Clearly, it's a place that contains convicts hence why I said prison.

If there is something in there you want me to see, then you have to point it out.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Jesus did not specifically say friends of God. As sinners, we are alienated from God knowledge of God helps us to begin a road of friendship which will lead to salvation
All those exercising faith in Christ and God are friends of God
2. Goats ke? Worms ke? I guess you were taught figures of speech in high school. Jesus cannot literally condemn goats and commend sheep. Both represent two distinct groups of people.
3. Jesus also said all nations will stand before him in judgement. It does not mean that everyone goes to him to be judged. Neither does it imply that his left hand side means condemnation.
■ All are symbolic or parables with their special meaning
Worms ko? Snakes nii grin
1. Jesus Christ never said only the Righteous(God's friends) can become born-again yet you assert in His stead that only the Righteous (friends of God) can be born-again? It seems you feel it is OK to add your own ideas that said by Jesus Christ of the Law in His own Kingdom then. undecided

2. So where Jesus Christ used the term goats to qualify those who do not meet up with God's standard of Righteousness in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, you think it all shouldn't matter at all? undecided

3. I don't understand what you are driving at at all. When Jesus Christ said all nations will stand before Him in judgment He meant that His followers -- goats and sheep--- from every tribe, every tongue and every nation on this earth --- from the flock that is the Lost sheep of Israel --- will be gathered before Him on the day of judgment to receive judgement. That much is alluded to in the first parts of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where it states that the sheep and goats will will gathered from all over. undecided

4. Figures of speech, parables, etc.,there is meaning to them all and those meanings are found right there in Scripture, and not in the crevices of your mind. undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2023
Maynman:

What will they be saved from in the first place?

They were created because of the garden and they were later cursed and cast out, what does that mean?

God did not curse them read it very well God cursed other things close to them.. Now they were driven out so that they will not eat the tree of life and become like Satan who has forever sin without solution

Go read it well pushing them out was another way to save them so they don't remain sinners and live forever.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 1:51pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I listed all already
All the verses I quoted

Please compile it and show me because you scattered everything.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:
God did not curse them read it very well God cursed other things close to them.. Now they were driven out so that they will not eat the tree of life and become like Satan who has forever sin without solution
Go read it well pushing them out was another way to save them so they don't remain sinners and live forever.
So God lied in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24? undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Maynman: 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kingsnairaland:

God did not curse them read it very well God cursed other things close to them..

what did the "other things" do for the God to curse them?
Greatly multiply pain is what?

Were they meant to die before genesis 3:19?

I'd appreciate if you can quote verses of where you want me to read very well.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ never said only the Righteous(God's friends) can become born-again yet you assert in His stead that only the Righteous (friends of God) can be born-again? It seems you feel it is OK to add your own ideas that said by Jesus Christ of the Law in His own Kingdom then. undecided

2. So where Jesus Christ used the term goats to qualify those who do not meet up with God's standard of Righteousness in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, you think it all shouldn't matter at all? undecided

3. I don't understand what you are driving at at all. When Jesus Christ said all nations will stand before Him in judgment He meant that His followers -- goats and sheep--- from every tribe, every tongue and every nation on this earth --- from the flock that is the Lost sheep of Israel --- will be gathered before Him on the day of judgment to receive judgement. That much is alluded to in the first parts of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 where it states that the sheep and goats will will gathered from all over. undecided

4. Figures of speech, parables, etc.,there is meaning to them all and those meanings are found right there in Scripture, and not in the crevices of your mind. undecided

1. I did not say that.

2. What is the lesson of the parable of the sheep and goats?

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So God lied in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 24? undecided
. The reason you don't write Bible is because you don't read it properly

To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

20 Adam[a] named his wife Eve,[b] because she would become the mother of all the living.

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[c] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Cursed is the ground because of you;

This is not curse to a man

God gave adam and eve punishment not curse

Rather God curse the ground and other things near them.
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Aemmyjah(m): 2:01pm On Oct 25, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

I have answered you what I see it looks like and represents.

Clearly, it's a place that contains convicts hence why I said prison.

If there is something in there you want me to see, then you have to point it out.

King James Version
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

According to the verse
What is the lake of fire?

Notice the two 'prisoners' (according to your explanation) kept there

1 Like

Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Aemmyjah:
1. I did not say that.

2. What is the lesson of the parable of the sheep and goats?
What parable of sheep and goats? undecided
Re: You Can't Lose Your Salvation by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Maynman:

what did the "other things" do for the God to curse them?

Were they meant to die before genesis 3:19?

I'd appreciate if you can quote verses of where you want me to read very well.

Is punishment not curse

Your son steal food you punish him

Curse means it will destroy him from no return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / 3 Best Ways To Celebrate And Have Fun This Christmas / Nature Is Fast Exposing The Men Of Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.