Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars (29316 Views)

CBN Vows To Arrest Any Nigerian Buying Dollars With Naira / CASH and INFLOW, What Do these mean when Buying Dollars? / Why Is Buying Dollars From Aboki So Expensive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Calitoscassius(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

I didn't talk about Dangote refinery alone, I wander why you guys are focusing on Dangote refinery alone.

Well, when Dangote refinery start working, we won't need to buy from foreign suppliers again.
Well.. what else were you talking about? We should be talking about corruption! why are the government? A whole government waiting for Dangote refinery? This means the whole nearly 300 million citizens are hopping and waiting on one man's (Dangote) project before the country will start working or for the naira to regain. That is the corruption i am talking about. 300 million people and Naigerian economy are depending on Dangote. And as the commentor above asserted rightly Dangote will sell for how much and in the currency ($$$) he wants, co's he will have the monoply and Dangote is not building a refinery to better Naigerians and Naigeria's economy, he will be exporting most of the oil to foreign and neighbouring countries instead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by NOwazobia: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
grin grin brother let's start more of export than import so our economy would start springing up,all what you're saying doesn't relate
It relates, you are too dumb to understand.

You even created a post you can barely defend.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Ikaeniyan0: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Well.. what else were you talking about? We should be talking about corruption.
This thread is not about corruption chief
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by monex(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The Nigerian economy is not destroyed. The Nigerian economy is still better than Ghana economy.

Ghana has a higher GDP per capita (both nominal and purchasing power parity) than Nigeria
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by LegacyB: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2023
kripen:

BDCs you think are not enjoying it but the corrupt politicians are enjoying it

Pls let’s have this conversation in 3 months max.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Ikaeniyan0: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2023
monex:

Ghana has a higher GDP per capita (both nominal and purchasing power parity) than Nigeria
The Nigerian economy is better than Ghana economy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Johnrake69: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
leave all this your unnecessary Shalaye

Dangote dollars will stay in Nigeria.

Lol… Dangote’s accountant well done.

You guys have definitely not learnt anything yet. Continue with your imagination. Lol. Some of us already figured out this things I’m one of the least surprised. And I’m very well prepared to face anything when Nigerian economy bring come.

You guys can continue dreaming. Wish y’all luck.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Calitoscassius(m): 10:41am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
This thread is not about corruption chief
Okay, grin grin this is the problem i am talking about. It's like people who say they don't talk politics but they d be the first to complain about why there are no electricity in their area.

Everything in Naigeria is about corruption! from Dangote refinery to the value of naira, to the prices of commodities, as i ve aready said, Naigerians aren running away from disscussing corruption, because they are all corrupt. grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Ikaeniyan0: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2023
Johnrake69:

You guys have definitely not learnt anything yet. Continue with your imagination. Lol. Some of us already figured out this things I’m one of the least surprised. And I’m very well prepared to face anything when Nigerian economy bring come.

I don't even see why something that has to do with just common sense need all this long back and forth.

Dangote is a Nigerian, is refinery is in Nigeria, when people buy his goods, he get paid and his money stay in Nigeria... Almost everybody knows this fact, why you dey argue upside down is what I do not understand undecided

When people in Nigeria and outside Nigeria buy refined crude from Dangote refinery... The dollars stays in Nigeria. Nah common sense matter be this.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Calitoscassius(m): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2023
Johnrake69:

That man or woman is one of those people who are in denial of what is happening in Naigeria, he is waiting for Dangote to better his life and the life of his families grin Dangote is not building refinery for naigerians or to better naigeria, Dangote is building refinery to export his oil to foreign countries.

And why does the life of 300 million people and naigeria's economy depends on one man Dangote?.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by 7upnigeria: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
Yeah dollar at 1200 but why do they keep buying it, aren't you scared Naira might start gaining,our highest imported item is petroleum products and the fg promised a refinery in December, what happens when we stop importing fuel and start refining won't the Naira start gaining? What's the essence of saving in dollars?or you think dollars would keep gaining for the next 4 years lol

It's like you're a learner. Nigeria may collapse if we dont import. And that's because many items we use are imported. Price of products in the real mark is stabilised by continuous inflow of NEW PRODUCTS. The moment sellers observe lack of inflow of new products, they Jack of prices and may even hoard the available products with the aim of selling at even higher prices. Importers need dollars to keep their businesses going even if it means selling at higher prices. There are other forces that affect demand and supply but let's stop here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by chinex11(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
Yeah dollar at 1200 but why do they keep buying it, aren't you scared Naira might start gaining,our highest imported item is petroleum products and the fg promised a refinery in December, what happens when we stop importing fuel and start refining won't the Naira start gaining? What's the essence of saving in dollars?or you think dollars would keep gaining for the next 4 years lol
how many times has the Nigerian government promised you and fulfilled it? A wise man once said it is stupid to do something repeatedly and expect a different result. Believe the Nigerian government at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by InvertedHammer: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
/

When in doubt, bet against anything Nigeria.

It is the path of least resistance.

/

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Lifestone(m): 10:50am On Oct 25, 2023
SalamRushdie:
No magic will make the Naira gain as it is now except we earn upto 300 billion dollars and that's not going to happen..the Naira will cross 2000 before the end of Tinubus first tenure
The $300billion is based on what statistics or what's your source. Or is it barber shop gossip?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2023
Bovis:

Dumb post, naira has not gained since FG removed subsidy because petroleum companies still require dollars to import diesel and petrochemicals into the country. Do you you think they are getting the dollars from the sky?

Return your certificate to your vice chancellor. Are you consuming the same amount of fuel since subsidy removal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by MrPRevailer(m): 10:55am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:

Because Tinubu is a WEF agent whose agenda is to destroy Capitalism, global economies to justify the enaction of a global One world system.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Calitoscassius(m): 10:58am On Oct 25, 2023
kripen:

BDCs you think are not enjoying it but the corrupt politicians are enjoying it
They are enjoying it. It is not affecting them, the corrupt politicians are happy the way things are.

Like i told one commenter that corruption is the main problem, and he said, the topic is not about corruption. grin grin everything in Naigeria is about corruption! I said, corruption is the problem of naigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by ShootThemAll(m): 11:07am On Oct 25, 2023
SalamRushdie:
No magic will make the Naira gain as it is now except we earn upto 300 billion dollars and that's not going to happen..the Naira will cross 2000 before the end of Tinubus first tenure

It's crossing 2k before January 2024

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Kaycee9242(m): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
bro understand the post, look at our highest import, what happens when we stop importing petroleum products? Our problem is too much imports and petroleum up there has the highest percentage

Have you not heard that Dangote will import 80 percent of the crude he will be refining?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by adonuj(f): 11:10am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
look at the billions of dollars we spent importing refined petroleum last year 🙆

When the Dangote and PH refinery start working, it will really relieve pressure on the naira.

I really pray the refinery will work

Prayer does not make refineries work. Prayer Warrior !!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by BrodaBenad: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
look at the billions of dollars we spent importing refined petroleum last year 🙆

When the Dangote and PH refinery start working, it will really relieve pressure on the naira.

You think dangote will allow you to buy his petroleum products with Naira?
If na you sef you go gree? grin

Someone that sells cement more costly to Nigerians?

He's just looking for cheap labour to make money grin

Imagine him bringing small money he'll just convert it and pay off his cost of production cheaply

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Ikaeniyan0: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2023
BrodaBenad:

You think dangote will allow you to buy his petroleum products with Naira?
If na you sef you go gree? grin

Someone that sells cement more costly to Nigerians?

He's just looking for cheap labour to make money grin

Imagine him bringing small money he'll just convert it and pay off his cost of production cheaply

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by BrodaBenad: 11:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
na you dey keep him money ABI grin

You think those guys keep raw cash?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Kaycee9242(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Yourprick:
how would it gain when you still import?

Are you aware that fuel importation has reduced drastically since the removal of subsidy? How come is dollar still gaining over naira?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Ikaeniyan0: 11:15am On Oct 25, 2023
BrodaBenad:
na you dey keep him money ABI grin
Nah common sense matter bro. Dangote is a Nigerian, his companies HQ is located in Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by Kaycee9242(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2023
Acidosis:

Import what quantity? Report shows that fuel consumption fell by over 30% since the removal of subsidy? Does that explain why Naira keeps falling??

You just said my mind, that guy no go school abeg
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by TenQ: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

It will not sir.

Dangote will not buy Crude Oil in Naira from the explorers: he would pay in Dollars and the circle continues
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by BrodaBenad: 11:18am On Oct 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Nah common sense matter bro. Dangote is a Nigerian, his companies HQ is located in Nigeria.
If you say so then.

Dangote has bad reputation in terms of being fair with Nigerians tho . He was even selling his products costlier to Nigerians.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by johnchat80: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Dollar is not gonna fall soon. It might get to N2000 to a dollar before it starts normalizing. The vehicles bought for the House of Reps and the senate was bought with dollars not Innosson vehicles that is made in Nigeria. If the federal government is still buying foreign made goods how do you think the ordinary man will do? Lets continue to deceive ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by bjtinz: 11:42am On Oct 25, 2023
Simple fact: if yourre among those hoarding dollars, but still complaining about the free fall of naira, then your nothing but a hypocritical idiot.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by caracas: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Before his first tenure you said? You must be a comedian. Oga with the pace the dollar keeps rising before December dollar will get to 3000 naira….
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Buying Dollars by SalamRushdie: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2023
caracas:

Before his first tenure you said? You must be a comedian. Oga with the pace the dollar keeps rising before December dollar will get to 3000 naira….

I meant to say 5000 naira

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nairalander Explains Phonenumber Update Using ATMs For All Firstbank Customers / Ownership Of Oil Palm Giant, Presco Returns To Nigeria After 33-Years / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.