Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? (7033 Views)

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? / Today Is Christ The King Sunday / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by alexchiny: 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
A friend of mine works in a company that is having a face off with them right now over their inability to pay for services rendered. The Church in question is in Benin City and owes for months now.I learnt its their stock in trade and they usually hide under all sorts of pretenses hoping that the debt will die off. Its always the Pastor in charge has travelled to the USA or they are having Special Program and no one is around to sign!!. For 8 months and counting. The company is dragging them to court, i heard, under 419 charges. Is it ok, for people to hide under Religious cloaks and defraud others, with the belief that once they are called "Man of God" or "Pastor" they will be treated with reverence and everyone will turn blind eye to their nonsense tricks. I am bringing this up cos i saw the correspondences between the church and the company. They are pure fraud!!
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by slimghost(m): 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
@OP
I have heard stories like yours about the church too, but it seems its not all their branches. Let them take the matter to Pastor Chris, maybe he is not part of the fraud.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by PastorKun(m): 7:39am On Oct 25, 2011
@slimghost
On the contrary pastor chris is the chief fraudster in christ embassy. It is he that imbibe the culture of fraud amongst his members and that it why everywhere you go it's one scandal concerning fraud after the other all in their bid to make money for pastor chris.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by mabell: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2011
slimghost:

@OP
I have heard stories like yours about the church too, but it seems its not all their branches. Let them take the matter to Pastor Chris, maybe he is not part of the fraud.

You have spoken correctly here slim ghost

Pastor Kun:

@slimghost
On the contrary pastor chris is the chief fraudster in christ embassy. It is he that imbibe the culture of fraud amongst his members and that it why everywhere you go it's one scandal concerning fraud after the other all in their bid to make money for pastor chris.

When judas betrayed Jesus, was it Jesus that taught and encouraged him to do so KUNLE OSHOBI!
Salvation is personal and by the way you always get strange and incorrect information
But it's all good for LIKE BEGAT LIKE
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by emmanuel4j: 8:41am On Oct 25, 2011
alexchiny:

A friend of mine works in a company that is having a face off with them right now over their inability to pay for services rendered. The Church in question is in Benin City and owes for months now.I learnt its their stock in trade and they usually hide under all sorts of pretenses hoping that the debt will die off. Its always the Pastor in charge has travelled to the USA or they are having Special Program and no one is around to sign!!. For 8 months and counting. The company is dragging them to court, i heard, under 419 charges. Is it ok, for people to hide under Religious cloaks and defraud others, with the belief that once they are called "Man of God" or "Pastor" they will be treated with reverence and everyone will turn blind eye to their nonsense tricks. I am bringing this up cos i saw the correspondences between the church and the company. They are pure fraud!!

i dont have to argue with you if what you are saying is true or false. Even if what you are saying is true, I want to ask you if you truly believe in what Jesus came to do in the world. If you a christain, the responsibility to support the Church of Jesus Christ rest on us and not to tear it dwn. You may have seemingly good reasons for posting that.But would you be a voice that promotes evil rather than good.You have your own personal issues because you have not weighed the effect your message would have on believers and much more on non believers. The bible admonishes in Phil 4:8 'For the rest brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honourable and seemly,whatever is just, whatever is pure,whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome ansd gracious,IF THERE IS ANY VIRTUE AND EXCELLENCE, IF THERE IS ANYTHING WORTHY OF PRAISE,THINK ON AND WEIGH AND TAKE ACCOUNT OF THESE THINGS(FIX YOUR MINDS ON THEM). My brother, i wonder how many nice things Christembassy has done for the society you have publicized.You should protect the church of Jesus Christ
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by slimghost(m): 8:55am On Oct 25, 2011
@Emmanuel4j
Brother, you are not making any sense at all. He should protect the church and die of hunger, abi? If they are owing the company truly, then let them pay. PERIOD!. Stop feeding us all these poo
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by emmanuel4j: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2011
I am not saying if any Church happens to owe it should not pay up, am only saying that its a poor choice to publicize things like this that may not even been fully true.Weve not heard the whole story from the side of the Church,and that may not even be necessary. The point is lets fill the world with goodnews and help the church of Jesus christ prosper in his vision. I want to ask you this question assuming that the story is true, if truly you love the vision of christ prospering in the earth, Dont you think its best we think of how to raise money to support the church for the sake of the gospel of christ, we all believe?
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by emmanuel4j: 9:11am On Oct 25, 2011
slimghost:

@Emmanuel4j
Brother, you are not making any sense at all. He should protect the church and die of hunger, abi? If they are owing the company truly, then let them pay. PERIOD!. Stop feeding us all these poo

I am not saying if any Church happens to owe it should not pay up, I am only saying that its a poor choice to publicize things like this that may not even been fully true.Weve not heard the whole story from the side of the Church,and that may not even be necessary. The point is lets fill the world with goodnews and help the church of Jesus christ prosper in his vision. I want to ask you this question assuming that the story is true, if truly you love the vision of christ prospering in the earth, Dont you think its best we think of how to raise money to support the church for the sake of the gospel of christ, we all believe?
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by slimghost(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2011
WTF? raise money to support the church? he should watch the church feed fat on his sweat while he dies of hunger, abi? SMH
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 25, 2011
What matters to all these idol worshippers is not Christ but Christ embassy.

They are so addicted to the worship of MOG that if they saw Jesus today they will walk right past him.

This is religion folks.

Look for Jesus, your messiah and saviour.

Stop elevating these MOG to god-like status.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by slimghost(m): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2011
@Frosbel
Well said bro. its really pathetic!
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Azibalua(f): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@slimghost
Nonsense village headmaster
Don't speak about what you do not know
Pastor chris teaches honesty,and love virtually in every service
He has never been proven to be associated with any crime whatsoever.

frosbel:

What matters to all these idol worshippers is not Christ but Christ embassy.
They are so addicted to the worship of MOG that if they saw Jesus today they will walk right past him.
This is religion folks.
Look for Jesus, your messiah and saviour.
Stop elevating these MOG to god-like status.

The reason why we exist is stricly for christ
How can you know jesus when you are too blind to even see him in the person next to you
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Azibalua(f): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2011
slimghost:

WTF? raise money to support the church? he should watch the church feed fat on his sweat while he dies of hunger, abi? SMH

You are vexed why? Is the truth bitter?
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Joagbaje(m): 11:51am On Oct 25, 2011
Azibalua:

Nonsense village headmaster

Is he a headmaster now or lecturer?

Don't speak about what you do not know
Pastor chris teaches honesty,and love virtually in every service
He has never been proven to be associated with any crime whatsoever.
John 7:12
12 And there was much murmuring among the people concerning him: for some said, He is a good man: others said, Nay; but he deceiveth the people.

Jesus was called freaud . Thesame satanic attack is always on.Anybody can say any nonsense. Has the gospel stopped?
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by mabell: 11:52am On Oct 25, 2011
Azibalua:

You are vexed why? Is the truth bitter?

The truth be  like chloroquine o!
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by inedi: 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
Why so much emphasis on Christ embassy and pastor Chris. This is an indication that Pastor Chris is true man of, no wonder the enemy is mas, and is instigating people about negatively about Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy. The only thing that amazes me about the whole thing is the people that have allowed themself to be instrument of negative report, my advice is that be a part of success and not failure . Pastor Chris and the church keep growing and making progress. And yet you that is not known, you have zero impact in your world, you still have the mouth to talk, which man or organisation of influence, or making impact talk the way you do. May God help us Christians.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by mabell: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
inedi:

Why so much emphasis on Christ embassy and pastor Chris. This is an indication that Pastor Chris is true man of, no wonder the enemy is mas, and is instigating people about negatively about Pastor Chris and Christ Embassy. The only thing that amazes me about the whole thing is the people that have allowed themself to be instrument of negative report, my advice is that be a part of success and not failure . Pastor Chris and the church keep growing and making progress. And yet you that is not known, you have zero impact in your world, you still have the mouth to talk, which man or organisation of influence, or making impact talk the way you do. May God help us Christians.

I say amen to that, AMEN MEN!!
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Ehimarelaw: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2011
@slimghost

You sound very very jealous pastor kun,even Jesus was called a fraudster by those who envied him.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by opus1: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@slimghost

Don't you think it is foolish to speak generally about people you obviously know absolutely nothing about? Christ Embassy and Pastor Chris have made more impact in the lives of people than you could ever make sitting down and talking trash e.g Reachout Nigeria. where souls were won for Christ and several humanitarian activities were carried out. what have you done for your immediate community lately? with all the negativity oozing out of you, I can guess, NOTHING!
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by newmi(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2011
alexchiny:

frosbel
Another pathetically frustrated idle-minded job m seeker is at it again
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by newmi(m): 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
alexchiny:

frosbel
Another pathetically frustrated idle-minded attention seeking individual is on the loose again
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Basito: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
After reading your thread on"is Christ Embassy fraudulent?", I realised that you are not having too much problem but the only problem you are having is some little things you don't know that have made your problem complex and I have decided to help you explain some basic things you ought to have known by now.
In the first place, Christ Embassy is a church and not a social club or political group.It is not even a business group and so there is no corellation between Christ Embassy and the fraud you talked about.Christ Embassy messages are on the net for everyone to see.
At this point, I want you to get an English dictionary as I explain certain terms you misused as a result of your limited understanding of things;The word fraudulent is an adjective, intended to deceive somebody,usually in order to make money illegally.The whole world knows that Christ Embassy is a legitimate body of Christ that stands on the truth and as such does not indulge in any form of illegality.
If what you said is true about the church in Benin, then you also have a problem here.From the phrase"inability to pay for services rendered".There is a clear difference between being fraudulent and the inability to pay for services rendered.
Inability to pay for services rendered could occur as a result of the church internal challenges, this does not mean that Christ Embassy or Pastor Chris is fraudulent .You Mr Good man that is not fraudulent ,in your whole life, have you not found yourself in a position that you experienced difficulty in paying for services rendered to you?.Did it happened because you are fraudulent ?.Drop your pride and ignorance and ask for forgiveness now that you have known.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2011
Christ Embassy Pastor Arrested Over N4.5 Fraud

7 October 2008
Lagos — Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a pastor with Christ Embassy Church in Oregun, Lagos State, Dr. (Miss) Fregene Orighomisan Omawumi, for alleged fraudulent foreign exchange deal as well as issuing a dud cheque.

According to the EFCC, the said pastor who started by allegedly obtaining N3million from another member of the church in a fraudulent foreign exchange trade deal in April this year. It said about N1million has been recovered from her.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200810070591.html

Tuesday, May 4, 2010
MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Five Employees Defraud Nigerian Christ Embassy Microfinance Bank of $400k
» Posted by Matthew Castner in Category: Africa at 12:30 am
The Nigerian Special Fraud Unit of the Nigerian Police Force recently detained five employees of the Christ Embassy microfinance bank for defrauding the organization of NGN 60 million (USD 400,000) [1]. The five employees funneled the money into two false accounts beginning some time in 2008 and ending in February 2009 when an independent auditor noted that the funds were missing [2]. At the time, the organization’s microfinance operations had not been licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

http://www.microcapital.org/microcapital-brief-five-employees-defraud-nigerian-christ-embassy-microfinance-bank-of-400k/

Christ Embassy Financier Arrested Over $96,000 Fraud

A former student of the Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Okoro Osagie Victor, alias Jerry Finger has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC for allegedly defrauding foreigners to the tune of $96, 607
through the internet.
The 23 -year old former Chemical Engineering student who dropped out of the university in 2004 due to what he called ‘family issues’, was picked up by operatives of the Commission in Benin city following a petition by a regional compliance officer with Money gram International, who suspected that the large number of foreign ladies, mostly Americans and Germans, who have been wiring money to the fraudster were victims of fraud. The suspicion was triggered by a communication with one of Victor’s victims who told money gram that she met the fraudster over the internet and that she has been sending him money because he claims that he wanted to set up a business.

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?Itemid=333&catid=103:more-news&id=769:christ-embassy-financier-arrested-over-96000-fraudas-waziri-tasks-youths&option=com_content&view=article

[size=14pt]Guys and Gals, it looks like we are talking about a pattern here[/size] undecided
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
[size=13pt]This what happens, when you preach ONLY about MONEY , WEALTH and FAME.[/size]

Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Tsammy: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
]@slim ghost
[quote][/quote]

Is it true you call your self some pastor, called KUN? your congregation, better still brethren, are malnutritioned- not enough word in them because you represent them, for it's even better you sit behind, and let some of your brethren bring you up in godliness. Just mention to me one of your sons/and or daughters, and your life will be improved by him or her, because you are still a babe in Christ, strong meat is not yet for you.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Joagbaje(m): 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
frosbel:

[size=13pt]This what happens, when you preach ONLY about MONEY , WEALTH and FAME.[/size

So is it money pastor chris preach about or Jesus .e en though nothing is wrong in teaching people about finances. We teach the message of life. Try watch the programme on your tv today and see that you're a false accuser. I don't know which devil gives you people such false information
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Tsammy: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
[color=#770077][quote author=Joagbaje
So is it money pastor chris preach about or Jesus .e en though nothing is wrong in teaching people about finances. We teach the message of life. Try watch the programme on your tv today and see that you're a false accuser. I don't know which devil gives you people such false information
[quote][/quote].

The devil can't watch programmes like this because, him and all his believers will tremble at the word and the power, they are only there in the scene to accuse those who are doing the right things, don't they see in all their acussation CHRIST EMBASSY keeps taking over the world, the FROSBEL's, KUN's and the rest will see and will marvel. THE DEVIL HAS GIVEN THEM THIS ASSIGNMENT, THEY WILL DEFINITELY FAIL, THEY CAN'T GO FAR, OTHERS HAVE TRIED AND FAILED THEY ARE SILENT, REPENT AND SEE THINGS POSITIVELY. Pastor Chris teaches Jesus, the life of God, so what is killing this boundle and gang of acussers. They are failures, all they need is REPENTANCE.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Azibalua(f): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@slimghost
Ah it seems someone don run!
grin grin grin
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Azibalua(f): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
Wait oh
Is slimghost another version of baba Kuns
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by Azibalua(f): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

Eeeem he may not have a t.v set
Let me rephrase
( try watch the programme on your neighbours t.v)
Thank you grin
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by mabell: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
Tsammy:

THE DEVIL HAS GIVEN THEM THIS ASSIGNMENT, THEY WILL DEFINITELY FAIL, THEY CAN'T GO FAR, OTHERS HAVE TRIED AND FAILED THEY ARE SILENT, REPENT AND SEE THINGS POSITIVELY.

As if they don't know
Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Re: Is Christ Embassy Fraudulent? by mabell: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
Azibalua:

Ah it seems someone don run!
grin grin grin

Run away bride grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Religious Fundamentalism To Intellectualism / Even The Lawful Captive Shall Be Delivered / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.