Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

How To Be Respectful Of Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How To Be Respectful Of Islam (4331 Views)

Umar Ibn Al-khattab: His Contributions In The Battles Of Islam / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / 9 Reasons Why Muslims Should Be Proud Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Respectful Of Islam by drrionelli(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2007
As we enter Ramadan, I have a question:

I'm a non-Muslim, but I'm certainly respectful of those who hold the faith. What is the most respectful way to extend good wishes to those who celebrate Ramadan?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by cgift(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2007
Greet thm shallom!!! grin
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by chilla(f): 12:25pm On Sep 15, 2007
@Drrionelli,

U can pay them a visit and wish them well in their month of worship.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by babs787(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2007
Insert Quote
As we enter Ramadan, I have a question:

I'm a non-Muslim, but I'm certainly respectful of those who hold the faith. What is the most respectful way to extend good wishes to those who celebrate Ramadan?

Thank you in advance for your help!

May God be with you for this wonderful thread.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by babs787(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2007

Insert Quote
Greet thm shallom!!!

You are right brother, Shallom = Salam = Peace abi no be so? grin grin
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by talk2ahmed(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2007
Visits would do
Calling them aftar Iftar(time of quenching the thirst from fast)
You could get snacks, soft drinks,or fruit jiuces for them
You can present a Soul/Faith Refreshing book to them (e.g books by Harun Yahya, Bilal Philips et al)
Send text Messages on Fridays to wish them Jumuah Mubarak
Urge them to share and be generous during the month
If they are 'middle-goers' advice them to improve on their faith
Greet them Salaam not Shalom; never think muslims see it as same, they may connote the same thing but they are not same. smiley
, Best regards to u too, for wanting to improve your relationship for Muslims , u are appreciated too. cool
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2007
@poster sad sad sad sad so u admire falsehood
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2007
shocked shocked shocked @ poster have u forgotten what the soul ppl call muslim do to you all in the name of their religion, to destroy newyork sept 11, even u are not safe in this thread they can send a virus to u, cuz of holy war (jihad) i was a muslim before now i see so no taste in muslim
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by osisi5: 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2007
jayon:

shocked shocked shocked @ poster have u forgotten what the soul people call muslim do to you all in the name of their religion, to destroy newyork sept 11, even u are not safe in this thread they can send a virus to u, because of holy war (jihad) i was a muslim before now i see so no taste in muslim

Please tell me more.
Why did you leave the religion of "piss" grin
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by babs787(m): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2007
Please tell me more.
Why did you leave the religion of "piss"

Let me hold my breath and look till my attention is needed.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by drrionelli(m): 7:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
@babs787 & talk2ahmed:
Thank you for your well-wishing!  It's very much appreciated.

@jayon:
I appreciate and thank you for your input as well.  As I sense your discomfiture with Islamic sensibility, please let me clarify my reasoning for creating this post.

It is not that I, personally, "admire," or harbor any feelings (positive or negative) with regard to a particular faith, or that I, personally, even[i] hold [/i] any given beliefs.  Rather, it is that I respect that there are those who do adhere to faiths to which I may, or may not, adhere and with which I may, or may not, even agree, regardless of my values, views and considerations.  This is a particularly important time for Muslims and for it to be marginalized by non-Muslims is not in keeping with the spirit of embracing diversity that I hold to be important.

As to the issue of New York (and Washington DC and rural Pennsylvania) on 9/11, is it valid to blame such atrocities on the entirety of Islam?  To be sure, the individuals responsible for that were misguided and fanatical, but to blame the faith, itself, for such actions does disservice to its many followers who are, themselves, respectful of the sensibilities of others.

In short, jayon, my hope is to extend my hand in friendship to all those willing to accept it, regardless of affiliation.  Sure, there are extreme Muslims, much as there are extreme Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus--representatives of all faiths.  There are even extremists who exhibit no faith.  But the majority of those are, I feel, good people.  Of course, I'm more than willing to admit that I might be wrong.  Your perspective is different than my own, as you have much more familiarity with your faith then and your faith now.  

We are all more alike than we are different, and I feel that, in all fairness, I must afford the benefit of the doubt in regard to my fellow citizens of the world.  And, for those unwilling to reciprocate, well, I can only suggest that such is their loss and not my own.   cheesy
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by babs787(m): 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2007
@mama osisi

Hey, please do you know the whereabout of Pataki, my dear friend, I have not been seeing him. Hope he is ok? I dont know why I like him so much, maybe because he is a gunner fan

Say me well to him.

Cheers.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2007
babs787:

@mama osisi

Hey, please do you know the whereabout of Pataki, my dear friend, I have not been seeing him. Hope he is ok? I don't know why I like him so much, maybe because he is a gunner fan

Say me well to him.

Cheers.

Babatunde! grin grin grin grin grin

You fit remember me so. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice of you to remember me. I dont even know where to start from these days. I closely watch the religion thread, but I hardly post therein again. I have been banned so much that it looks childish to me when I see the nonsense thing written on my computer screen. I mostly post in the UK travel immigration thread. Na there I dey most times now.

I think I will post for a short time here, before I zoom off again. My thesis no dey allow me breathe. I dey sleep na thesis i dey think of, I dey eat na thesis I dey think of, but the whole I enjoyed the flow of conversations in the time past.

I miss a lot of peeps here as well. I start to mention names, na ban again I go get. angry grin grin

I will be back soon to deal with some of that nonsense talk of yours about Islam, hope you dey fast correct correct, cos you are going to have to break it when I resume with you soonest. Mukina no dey fast oh lipsrsealed cool cool grin

Peace out and Enjoy.

But remember real enjoyment is in Christ JESUS! I am a living testimony to that fact!.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mukina2: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2007
mrpataki:

.Mukina no dey fast oh lipsrsealed cool cool grin

na you and me dey my house? tongue tongue

leave me alone o . this is ramadan i dont fight cheesy
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2007
mukina2:

na you and me dey my house? tongue tongue

leave me alone o . this is ramadan i don't fight cheesy

grin grin grin
Oh good ol'days!

When will you stop lying? Even in your [b]Ram[/b]adan, you wallow with lies? Walahi, Mohammed must not catch you oh! I like you jare, you no dey suffer yourself with hunger grin grin grin

Small time again, na warning message go dey show for my screen that I am interfering in the muslim thread. I wonder when there was ever a rule that I must not post in any topic here on this forum undecided
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mukina2: 9:09pm On Sep 18, 2007
Pataki leave me be haba!

I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy

i said it three times already

during Ramadan we keep it holy . .no fights, no arguments cheesy just smiles and looking the other way cheesy
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2007
You Mukinatu are really looking the other way round!Others dey do hunger wedding, you are busy in love with food.

Enuff said.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mukina2: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2007
Pataki last time ichecked i was farrrrrrrrrr from Netherlands tongue

ur siggy says do not lead me into temptations i can go there myself cheesy

please free me o cheesy

I am fasting . cheesy tongue
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by Nobody: 3:04am On Sep 19, 2007
mukina2:

I am fasting . cheesy tongue

mukina2:

I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy

Self righteous rituals wont take you anywhere. People who understand the spiritual meaning of a fast dont go around carrying placards and announcing their fast. Reminds me of something Jesus Christ said about the "fasting" pharisees. grin

Enjoy your night of binge eating also known as "fasting".
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by osisi5: 3:06am On Sep 19, 2007
I hope she has cheese cake.
It can surely break a good fast grin
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 6:58am On Sep 19, 2007
+osisi:

It can surely break a good fast grin
What is a good fast?

A good fast is one in which when all others are fasting, you come and forum and shout ''I am fasting'', yet you daily load your stomach with bountiful abundance of food. grin grin

Even in the ''fasting'' deception still dey abound. tongue
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by feelgood(m): 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2007
Glad to see you back davidylan; here's hoping Seun will let you alone. I just couldnt connect to pth. Dont know if +osisi is same as babyosisi.
I sure miss ur incisive (albeit sometimes caustic) viewpoints - quite enlightening.
Babs747, why do you keep invisible these days? Not Seun I'm sure.
Mukina2 - do hope I can chk on you when I go to Gambia one of these days.
Cheers all
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by osisi5: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2007
mukina2:

Pataki leave me be haba!

I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy
I am fasting cheesy

i said it three times already

during Ramadan we keep it holy . .no fights, no arguments cheesy just smiles and looking the other way cheesy

ROFL.
muki we've heard it now!.
o ya fast on
and stop chasing pataki.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by osisi5: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2007
feelgood:

Glad to see you back davidylan; here's hoping Seun will let you alone. I just couldnt connect to pth. Dont know if +osisi is same as babyosisi.
I sure miss your incisive (albeit sometimes caustic) viewpoints - quite enlightening.
Mukina2 - [b]do hope I can chk on you when I go to Gambia one of these days.[/b]Cheers all

where have you been.
It's me o,the "baby" is gone.

be very careful on visiting Mukina
she may have sharp arrow shooters for uncles grin

I have been praying for muki
she must marry a Christian man in Jesus name
She can fast all she wants.
she's already been marked for conversion.
It's just a matter of time.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2007
+osisi:

ROFL.
muki we've heard it now!.
o ya fast on
and stop chasing pataki.

God Bless you abundantly babyosisi.

I shouted myself hoarse over Mukina2. She will not hear. Maybe out of two or three witness, the truth will be drummed into her ears.

How you doing? Been a long while now.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by salinco(m): 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2007
It is quite unfortunate that many of us behave rationally and so negligent with our speeches. Truly I’m just a new person to this page, and I felt highly disappointed that most of the respondent are not seeing reason; that will must all tolerate each other, and try to fight the indecency within our society and the world at large.
Let us try to be our brother keeper, be good to everybody, and show respect to everyone and be a `Godly' person; and then the World shall be at peace. Islam means peace. So don’t talk about religion, talk about your individual problem, about the corruption, stealing, fornicating, abuse of human right, about the attitude of our leader; let talks about our bad road; nepotism, favourism that is affecting you and I in getting the best from the government. Or even, How Faith can move a montain, `for to have faith is to have wing” and most importantly life after death.
May Allah continue to forgive us our sins. I believed strongly that God is enough to fight for Himself anyway. For every good friend of Islam or the believer of God, greeting to Muslim is SALAM ALAIKUN (Peace be unto you) or congratulate him/ her on witnessing another Ramadan by saying RAMADAN MUBARAK or RAMADAN KAREEM.

MAY GOD BLESS ALL
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by osisi5: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
mrpataki:

God Bless you abundantly babyosisi.

I shouted myself hoarse over Mukina2. She will not hear. Maybe out of two or three witness, the truth will be drummed into her ears.

How you doing? Been a long while now.

My dear brother,I've been good.
I was wondering if you had succumbed and run off with mukina grin

long time indeed.
I've missed our old threads.
we had a good time with babs and bellotti.
Bellotti must be marrying his second wife by now and incubating her ,he's been MIA.
Bless you.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by feelgood(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2007
Lol babyosisi
good to know you are the one - sure missed the old threads. Boring these days.
Thanks for reminding me abt muki's arrow shooting folks - but I bet she'll stand up for me.
Do have a great weekend & worry less on bynum pls. Cheers
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by drrionelli(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2007
Just wondering:

When I began this thread, I titled it simply "Respectful of Islam." I have noticed, however, that the title appears sporadically as "How To Be Respectful Of Isalm."
How might that have changed? I, myself, have not modified it.
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by babs787(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2007
@Pataki

I will be back soon to deal with some of that nonsense talk of yours about Islam, hope you dey fast correct correct, because you are going to have to break it when I resume with you soonest. Mukina no dey fast oh

Peace out and Enjoy.

But remember real enjoyment is in Christ JESUS! I am a living testimony to that fact!.

My very good friend (organogram man) cheesy

I will be expecting you to come and deal with me jare grin. Me break my fast, for where, no shaking with regards to my fasting.

You name will be among those that will be going for this year's Hajj.

Yes o, real enjoyment is in Isah (pbuh) as an obedient servant of Allah who never refused worshipping his creator. He (Jesus) a dependent soul asks favour from an independent soul (God) which was granted.

So no shaking in Jesus jare, we are for him, abi no be so??

@davidylan

Self righteous rituals wont take you anywhere. People who understand the spiritual meaning of a fast don't go around carrying placards and announcing their fast. Reminds me of something Jesus Christ said about the "fasting" pharisees.

Enjoy your night of binge eating also known as "fasting".

You don change your id again? grin

Yes, those who understand the spiritual meaning of a fast dont go about announcing their fasts but there are instances where you will have to made it known in order to safeguard your fast.

With regards to what my Jesus said, we also have same in our religion in which you shouldnt let others know that you are fasting by carrying placards but there are instances which may force you to tell someone that you are fasting.

@feelgood

Insert Quote
I sure miss your incisive (albeit sometimes caustic) viewpoints - quite enlightening.
Mukina2 - do hope I can chk on you when I go to Gambia one of these days.
Cheers all

No shaking, I have been very busy and do not have enough time to be arguing or debating over what cannot be changed. We have been arguing over almost same issues day in day out that has not been yielding result, so I decided to be appearing once in a if I see anything pertaining to my faith and I am trying as much as I could to refrain from roundabout argument, God knows best.

I have been very busy with what I know how to do best (pls dont ask me o) that has been very profitable these days rather than wasting my time replying what needs no response.

By the way, where is your name sake? I too like the g no be small. Hope you sabi your name sake.

You have been the two goodies in the house, my respectable gooooooooooodgggggggggguyyyyyyy (goodguy), the name fits him no be small.

@mama osisi & pataki

My dear brother,I've been good.
I was wondering if you had succumbed and run off with mukina

long time indeed.
I've missed our old threads.
we had a good time with babs and bellotti.
Bellotti must be marrying his second wife by now and incubating her ,he's been MIA.
Bless you.

My belle dey sweet me small cheesy cheesy

Why do you like building castles in the air? Have you forgotten that you can only go for her if you are truly ready to accept her faith and you must also bribe me to do that. Besides, I keep telling you that nothing for you as long as babs is still around.

Feelgood, na you sabi, if you like, visit am for anywhere, it will not change anything unless you are ready to be praying as she does.

Hey, come to think of it, how will babyosis avoid this looming war between pataki and feelgood, fighting the battle that has been lost to babs cheesy. Abi feelgood no sabi say pataki still dey beg for his name to be written in her book and he (feelgood) wan add im own join am. If pataki catch for trespassing, me I no dey o.

Regards cheesy
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2007
One thing I am glad to say here is that even in the midst of different religion, we can still have the time to laugh it all off. Looking at the times back, I remember Syrup, Havila, Shahan, m4malik, 4get_me, gwaine, tellyB, stimulus, silent1, bari_kade, batu, TayoD, welborn. . . . . great guys! Sorry If I no remember your name oh. embarassed
Re: How To Be Respectful Of Islam by mrpataki(m): 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2007
babs787:

@Pataki
My very good friend (organogram man) cheesy

I will be expecting you to come and deal with me jare grin. Me break my fast, for where, no shaking with regards to my fasting.

You name will be among those that will be going for this year's Hajj.

Yes o, real enjoyment is in Isah (pbuh) as an obedient servant of Allah who never refused worshipping his creator. He (Jesus) a dependent soul asks favour from an independent soul (God) which was granted.

So no shaking in Jesus jare, we are for him, abi no be so??

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Me for Hajj grin grin
Think of another thing jare. You know I will blow the place up. wink wink

babs787:

@mama osisi & pataki
My belle dey sweet me small cheesy cheesy

Why do you like building castles in the air? Have you forgotten that you can only go for her if you are truly ready to accept her faith and you must also bribe me to do that. Besides, I keep telling you that nothing for you as long as babs is still around.

Feelgood, na you sabi, if you like, visit am for anywhere, it will not change anything unless you are ready to be praying as she does.

Hey, come to think of it, how will babyosis avoid this looming war between pataki and feelgood, fighting the battle that has been lost to babs cheesy. Abi feelgood no sabi say pataki still dey beg for his name to be written in her book and he (feelgood) wan add im own join am. If pataki catch for trespassing, me I no dey o.

Regards

Wetin concern pataki for this matter now. Who am I fighting over woman shocked shocked? Wetin man no know, na him dem wan rope person in oh. Small time I go dey hear pataki leave me alone tongue. Reminds me of Indian movies. grin grin

Anyways back to reality now.
Babs given the fact that this month is the holy month, do no evil, smell no evil, talk no evil, shit no evil, spit no evil, dress no evil, so what evil do you engage in the remaining months of the year?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Has Seen The Prophet ? / Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? / Using Tasbeehyu For Azkar Counting Is Bidiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.