Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders (1905 Views)

CBN Increases Cash Withdrawal Limit To ₦500,000 Weekly / Earn 500 USDT For Free And Withdraw Instantly To Your Wallet(proof Available) / Francis Atuche: Court Freezes ₦19.1 Billion Belonging To Ex-bank PHB MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Brendaniel: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You're the one that's not making sense.

Like I said before, facilitating crypto related transaction with Nigeria bank account has been banned since 2021 by the CBN.

If they can't produce the buyers, their money is gone.

Well, I know IPOBdients like you, una no like to dey face reality.

Please produce proof of your claim....
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Ikaeniyan0: 7:22am On Oct 26, 2023
Brendaniel:

Please produce proof of your claim....
It's even since 2017 the CBN prohibits the transaction of every crypto related transactions in Nigerian banks

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/440826-updated-cbn-orders-nigerian-banks-to-close-cryptocurrency-accounts.html?tztc=1

Like I said earlier, their money is gone if they can't produce the buyer.
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Brendaniel: 7:29am On Oct 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
It's even since 2017 the CBN prohibits the transaction of every crypto related transactions in Nigerian banks

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/440826-updated-cbn-orders-nigerian-banks-to-close-cryptocurrency-accounts.html?tztc=1

Like I said earlier, their money is gone if they can't produce the buyer.

https://cryptoassetbuyer.com/cbn-lifts-restrictions-on-crypto-accounts/

https://www.thecable.ng/timeline-from-ban-to-taxation-fgs-journey-to-cryptocurrency-acceptance

https://www.nairaland.com/7719047/fg-lifts-ban-cryptocurrency-introduces

The CBN clarifies its position on the ban and states that individuals are not prohibited from buying and trading crypto

Oga get yourself updated, like I said earlier don't talk about what you know little or nothing about.....
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Elliotwaveforec: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2023
80% of crypto traders are fraudsters/yahooboys and they are economic saboteurs involved in currency arbitrage.

Lazy set of people!! All their accounts and money should be frozen.

These fraudsters are the number one reason for the existence and thriving of the FX parallel market.
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by CrusaderX: 8:08am On Oct 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
They are not suppose to use their bank account to facilitate crypto-related transactions. Such transactions has been banned in Nigeria since 2021.

If you also partake in this kind of transactions, your account will be flag and you will get in trouble.

They will forfeit their money if they can't produce the buyer.
Okay o lol
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by CrusaderX: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:
80% of crypto traders are fraudsters/yahooboys and they are economic saboteurs involved in currency arbitrage.

These fraudsters are the number one reason for the existence and thriving of the FX parallel market.
It's funny this comment is coming from you, a known forex trader who trade with prop firms that use crypto as mainly deposit and withdrawl. SO YOU ARE A SCAMMER AND ECONOMIC SABOTEUR TOO.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by online4business: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
This is the problem with some of you, instead of you to focus on the topic at hand, you're saying rubbish.

I won't be shock if you're one of the people who has been calling the president a drug dealer because his account was used for this kind of transactions in Chicago.

Oga leave thieftinubu own his own is he's a drug baron even the blind know about it.

Leave Chicago come ikorodu.

Ikorodu drug burst two months ago was never reported by NDLEA till date nothing about it... Tinubu visited ikorodu the day the burst was made.

Everything went under the carpet on a kum kum.

It's The largest siezure the NDLEA has made since NDLEA was created... Do you need a soothsayer to tell you say baalablu hand dey inside?

crypto is banned in Nigeria if you play you'd better play it safe.

Stolen 1# Trace to your account bank go close your account if court give them permission.

Don't use a Nigerian bank to trade cypocurrency it's illegal.

Before you reply me know I'll be so far gone you can't even find me if you use segun Anrinezes eyes
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by online4business: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2023
Elliotwaveforec:

Na crypto traders buy SUV for 160m abi.

Abi na dem dey do round tripping and hoard dollar.

Las las renewed sege dey come
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by NairaGPT: 9:26am On Oct 26, 2023
DesChyko:
What I am more interested in is how they managed to track the purchases to 500 USDT accounts.

I know that crypto purchases are not like transferring funds from a bank app.
top comment
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Woodshot: 9:52am On Oct 26, 2023
NairaGPT:
top comment

How far Na .... Survey dey like this ?
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Kobicove(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2023
So it's actually true that a bank lost such a huge amount to hackers, I thought it was just a story when I first heard the rumour undecided
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Purvan(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2023
Never put your money in a nigerian bank

It's either offshore or nothing
Re: Nigerian Bank Reportedly Freezes Accounts Belonging To 500 USDT Traders by Smartjeezy01(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2023
Access bank is a very useless bank. Bank with them and cry like a new born baby.

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦2000 Discount Registration- Is PULSEPROFIT Legit Or Scam? / I Have Payoneer Funds To Sell - Good Exchange Rate / What You Need To Know About Youwin First Stage Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.