Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? (9581 Views)

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Premiumbuy(m): 2:48am On Oct 26, 2023
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

PS: I am not talking about online skills.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by chatinent: 3:41am On Oct 26, 2023
It's not totally bad either. The apprenticeship space is more like a men world. Besides, how many wey people dey learn these days? Shey na the one you go finish oga go put charge on you so e no go settle you? Or the one dem dey off the person beforehand?

7 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by swiz123(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
So hook up doesn't count? Some of these girls and really skilled with their hands and mouth.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

PS: I am not talking about online skills.
Tailor matter ? I get full Gist about them, but u no go fit collect am today, Be here 9am tomoz.. I will be the 1st person u see here

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Sermwell(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
What happened to hucup? grin

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Lalami3232(m): 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lol
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by AnotherAlien: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
There are female bricklayers, carpenters, painters, shoe makers, tilers etc too. After all, what a man can do, a woman can do better.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Ashraffi22: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Romanoff(f): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Are caterers, bakers and shoe makers a joke to you?

I know three women on IG that make shoes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by nony43(m): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Make up too. Politicians failed most of them and 9ja failed them as a whole. It saturated. You those old men between 65- 90 years old na you are them spoilt this country if not once you finish Uni work suppose de wait for you. And some mumu youths are still licking their ass. Useless generation.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Resetinc: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
for Handwork? Yes
for other body’s work? Unlimited

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Realguyman1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not really. What about invent planning or I.T(or let me say computer operator)?
I know of lot of ladies that owns a computer shop then in school, and they were making alot of money from it. Na learn wey them go learn computer, make them fit open computer shop.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by theophorus(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mechanics abi na Motor technicians
Refrigerator/AC Technicians
Iron bender/Welders
Bricklayers
Painters/Artist
Auxiliary Nurse
Etc...

All of dem dey there, everything depends on individual.

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by GboyegaD(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
There are lady electricians, paunters, plumbers, mechanic etc. They are not much however, they are very good at what they do.

13 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by franchasofficia: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
lies.

what about catering?

baking?

nail craft (manicure and pedicure)

massage therapy

makeup artistery?

digital skills like programming, photo/video editing, desktop publishing

Photography

Interior decoration which women do far better than men cos their flare for colors/design

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Romanoff(f): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
AnotherAlien:
There are female bricklayers, carpenters, tilers etc too. What a man can do, a woman can do better.

I'd actually love to learn tiling. Na where to learn be the challenge.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Hezzyluv: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
No...

I know couple of ladies who are into electronics field

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Jahzrockballer(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
It's a man's world, take it or leave it
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by safarilove(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
ok
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by epainos: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Both male and female have the same brain capacity; therefore, any handiwork a man can do, a female can also do. It then goes down to personal preference and going after where one has the competitive edge.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Biodun556(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
There are women cobblers

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by tspun(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Makeup
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Fiscus105(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
For other works, is either are physically stressful or brainstorming, and u know, woman do dodge such works ,even in academic. Women do run away from maths, physics, and engineering courses.

Though, make up artist and interior decorations are choice of women too.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Puss360(f): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Since its progressive to them I see no big deal
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Adeshinau98: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
that gender doesn't like to work and a whole lot of them have entitlement mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by AnotherAlien: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Romanoff:

I'd actually love to learn tiling. Na where to learn be the challenge.

I'm sure there are folks advertising their tiling business here on nairaland. Just search for tiling / tiler and you will find some handles that can point you in the direction of how they started their tiling careers. Dem folks make good money too if they're good at what they do.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by dejavubobo1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
Sermwell:
What happened to hucup? grin
Ugly trend in my hood.
Harness other area in sport, entertainment etc. But No! Them go full hairdresser house like bee

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Timagex(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2023
I am a photographer and I have amazing female friends who are also photographers.

I used to have a female intern sef...

IF EXCELLENT PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES IS A PRIORITY TO YOU, HIT ME UP!!

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by tiswell(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
that's the way it should be,as it would limit the arrogance and rubbing of shoulders

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by qtx(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Females can learn painting, phone repairs, laptop repairs, fine art, etc. Its a function of what your passion is as a female. Nothing stops you from learning whatever you wish to learn. If women hold guns and go to war, then what is it that is too hard for them? Or is it just because they do not have a di.ck?
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Nahunger(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lol
Watin 1gb ram wan process b4 🥶

I.e
Iyaebe
Jeon
Sheistoopretty my Arrse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? / Sacked Oil Workers Protest Unpaid Severance Packages In Rivers / Poll: Should You Tell Your Boss That You Are Looking For A New Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.