Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? (9679 Views)

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Jewessgratitud3: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not true.
Catering is there. That was what I did after fashion designing didn't work out.

Production of toiletries and laundry products for industrial and household uses. Including skin and haircare production.
I do all these too

Then you have
Makeup is there too
Hats and bead making

I'm planning to go into shoe making. Only ladies footwear.
so many things a lady can do.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by DatIgalaDude: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Which Kain yeye question be this? undecided
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ceejayluv(m): 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Sadly, yes. Limited by their own minds. Nothing stops a girl from learning phone And gadgets repair. Soft skills, coding, Etc. It's the mindset and herd mentality.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Romanoff(f): 12:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
AnotherAlien:

I'm sure there are folks advertising their tiling business here on nairaland. Just search for tiling / tiler and you will find some handles that can point you in the direction of how they started their tiling careers. Dem folks make good money too if they're good at what they do.

Thank you.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Fiscus105(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
qtx:
Females can learn painting, phone repairs, laptop repairs, fine art, etc. Its a function of what your passion is as a female. Nothing stops you from learning whatever you wish to learn. If women hold guns and go to war, then what is it that is too hard for them? Or is it just because they do not have a di.ck?

Phone and laptop repairing, how many males are really know it? They do half job and push it for u to come back in next two months to give them back for repair.

For fine art (not painting) I biliv u must have natural talent just like music , football or acting before you can Excel in the profession, be it male or female.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

PS: I am not talking about online skills.
What kind of a sexist misogynistic thinking that you and the lady have in 2023? This is why I don't blame people that don't want to have anything to do with gender, it's not just dumb and limiting but also stupid to think that your sex determines the kind of job you can do,super dumb especially today

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Zooposki(f): 12:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Adeshinau98:
that gender doesn't like to work and a whole lot of them have entitlement mentality.

Men are the ones that don’t like to work. Stop the projection.

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
theophorus:
Mechanics abi na Motor technicians
Refrigerator/AC Technicians
Iron bender/Welders
Bricklayers
Painters/Artist
Auxiliary Nurse
Etc...

All of dem dey there, everything depends on individual.

It's just stupid to think that you should put yourself in a box because of your sex especially in 2023,what century is the girl living in?
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
lies.

what about catering?

baking?

nail craft (manicure and pedicure)

massage therapy

makeup artistery?

digital skills like programming, photo/video editing, desktop publishing

Photography

Interior decoration which women do far better than men cos their flare for colors/design
Anyone can do these and any job regardless of gender,I think it's just downright dumb to limit yourself to certain fields because of your gender,what century is the girl living in? She's just taking women back in time
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by drimzsmoke(m): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

PS: I am not talking about online skills.

In this world of gender equality, she can learn "mechanic", vulcanizer, shoemaker, carpenter, just name it. It's 21st century after all!!!

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by olaniyilukman(m): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
AnotherAlien:
There are female bricklayers, carpenters, painters, shoe makers, tilers etc too. What a man can do, a woman can do better.
How many female bricklayers have you seen

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Flamemignon1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2023
Jahzrockballer:
It's a man's world, take it or leave it
But women run it,take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ppogba: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2023
DatIgalaDude:
Which Kain yeye question be this? undecided

Afternoon don come.

Na afternoon dem dey ask yeye questions for Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by AnotherAlien: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
olaniyilukman:
How many female bricklayers have you seen
Are you saying out of 200 million Nigerians, there isn't a single female bricklayer? So it's only men that must do all the hard work?
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ppogba: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2023
swiz123:
So hook up doesn't count? Some of these girls and really skilled with their hands and mouth.

You don spoil finish.
I will call pastor Righteousness for you.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2023
Easier to learn and in a chilling environment compared to mechanic, electrician, or welder.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Angelfrost(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
The only thing limiting every lady is their mentality and hunger for success.

Same with guys...!

There can be no excuse for failure in life.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Larrydollarz(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
swiz123:
So hook up doesn't count? Some of these girls and really skilled with their hands and mouth.
Bad guy grin
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by phkka1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
Consider Cosmetology as one of them.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by olaniyilukman(m): 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2023
AnotherAlien:

Are you saying out of 200 million Nigerians, there isn't a single female bricklayer? So it's only men that must do all the hard work?
You are deviating from my question, u said how many female bricklayers have you seen
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Skillsnigeria: 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by StemCellTherapi(m): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2023
All those that learnt Tailoring and travelled abroad, where are they?

Are they still using the skill?
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Ade1177: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2023
AnotherAlien:
There are female bricklayers, carpenters, painters, shoe makers, tilers etc too. What a man can do, a woman can do better.

Can a woman do transfer to a guy in need of urgent 2k?

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Paracetamol01: 1:22pm On Oct 27, 2023
I have seen woman do auto mechanic, vulcanizing, and GMP work
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by KarinaSlim(f): 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ade1177:

Can a woman do transfer to a guy in need of urgent 2k?

What is 2K? Is it money for biscuit?

So a lady has not transfered 50K to u for u to enjoy yourself?

Wow....

Start praying to meet the right women dear.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Ade1177: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Adeshinau98:
that gender doesn't like to work and a whole lot of them have entitlement mentality.

God didn't create female to work tho

It's modern society that made woman work
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by DatIgalaDude: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
ppogba:

Afternoon don come.

Na afternoon dem dey ask yeye questions for Nairaland.

You are very correct!

Next thing now, somebody go come ask us how to use cold water make eba.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Ade1177: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
KarinaSlim:

What is 2K? Is it money for biscuit?

So a lady has not transfered 50K to u for u to enjoy yourself?

Wow....

Start praying to meet the right women dear.

Transferred 50k to enjoy himself

Abi borrow him

To ask later

Transferred To enjoy himself

A guy you are not dating

Madam just shift

Men transfer money to girls they are not dating steady
All in the hopes of being on her good radar

Women can never
Except a man She is dating or married to
Not a male friend
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by hardon1(m): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
No, not true.
Go to eastern Nigeria and see ladies driving Keke, truck, repairing vehicle, making shoes and bag, doing house cleaning, fumigation work,

Come to warri and see women carrying concrete, doing security work, extensive farming.

Women can do as much as men sometimes. It's just that majority just don't want to stress themselves

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by KarinaSlim(f): 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ade1177:

Transferred 50k to enjoy himself

Abi borrow him

To ask later

Transferred To enjoy himself

A guy you are not dating

Madam just shift

Men transfer money to girls they are not dating steady
All in the hopes of being on her good radar

Women can never
Except a man She is dating or married to
Not a male friend

Like I said...

Start praying to meet the right women.

I'm out.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ppogba: 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
DatIgalaDude:

You are very correct!

Next thing now, somebody go come ask us how to use cold water make eba.

Abeg, no kill me with laff oo.

Which one be make eba with cold water?

Well, we have seen worse before.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Has Been Your Biggest Career Mistake? / How Does Microbiology Graduate Become A Nurse Or Medical Doctor? / Petroleum Engineering Course In Germany -free Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.