Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? (9682 Views)

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? / The Problems With Learning A Handwork. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by qtx(m): 1:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fiscus105:

Phone and laptop repairing, how many males are really know it? They do half job and push it for u to come back in next two months to give them back for repair.

For fine art (not painting) I biliv u must have natural talent just like music , football or acting before you can Excel in the profession, be it male or female.
Most times, its a matter of interest and determination. You can learn anything and be good at it if you believe. Not all football players were born talented. So it is with any other area of skilled occupation. First, believe you can, have interest, be determined, and never give up. Practice makes perfect, they say. Who is an expert? Its someone who does the same thing over and over again, over 10,000 times. Go and try this and come back, then we will have further discussion on the topic.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by MadeMan01(m): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Women have allowed feminism to receive them that men have encroached on fields women should dominate.
example
Chef
Hair dresser
Fashion Designer
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by AnotherAlien: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
olaniyilukman:
You are deviating from my question, u said how many female bricklayers have you seen
Some women work in building sites bro and they do hard labor like the men working there because they need a job and need to support their spouses and families. So yes, I have seen some before.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by CutSoap(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
No, it is not true that women are limited to only tailoring and hairdressing as handwork. Women can pursue a wide range of handwork and vocational careers just like men. There are many skilled professions and trades, such as carpentry, plumbing, electrician work, masonry, and more, that are not limited by gender. Gender should not be a barrier to choosing any career or profession, and it's essential to break down stereotypes and promote equal opportunities for all individuals regardless of their gender.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Ten06(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
People who are Criticizing Isreal for fighting Hamas when Hamas has vow to wipe Isreal from the surface of the earth are hypocrites.
After all, it is Hamas that strike first this time around.

Moreover, Russia is calling for cessation of hostility between Isreal and Hamas. Someone should help me to ask Russia what they are doing in Ukraine territory.
Pot calling kettle black.

Na wetin concern me for now be that
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by meobizy(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes. My female friend who works as a fitter in oil rigs told me so.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by inforesource: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

PS: I am not talking about online skills.
It's more of mindset limitation than actual limitation.

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by ffo(m): 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Hi landers, there's this thing about female handwork that I have been thinking about, while growing up male child is open to different handwork which we all know, unlike the female ones that either learn tailoring or hairdresser/makeup, I would have added catering but they don't count that as handwork because it is something they easily learn from home, so there was a day I was having a conversation with my female colleague and she said she wants to learn makeup and then I asked her why, her reply was if she did learn makeup which other handwork can she learn apart from Hairdresser and Tailor, which brings the question apart from Hairdresser and Tailor which other handwork can a lady learn?

If you ever traveled out of Nigeria, you will then appreciate these so called "handwork" that Nigerians look than on.

As an example, in USA, you braiding cost as much as $300, that is without any materials, just workmanship.

As a tailor, just mending of cloth, its cost as much as $20/per.

Cutting of hair is from $50 upwards.

If you want to japa, learn "handwork" even if people are laughing at you, it will help you.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by deavicky(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:

Nigeria or Africa ladies, infact let say Nigeria ladies about 95% percent of them don't know their strength so they limit themselves to just pety ladies and some don't want to do any stronge work
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Exceed15: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
They are mostly found in those two handiwork even the tailoring have been taken over by men.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Goldbw122(m): 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
When they are married, I don't think they will be able to get back to business they will become full house wife. Rarely they do go back to business. Yeah. So that is why they don't usually take the job like a hardwork.. because the man is there the cashcow..
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Akharmony: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes Sir.. like fashion designing is just the after higher institution next handiwork ..
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by GABRIEL6036: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Make them sha get one handwork instead of liability on man's neck...
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by gebest: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Yes yes yes
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Enemyofpeace: 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
Mechanic

Driving

Generator repairer

Plumbing

Wristwatch repairer

and

Agbepo(shiiiiit carrier)
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by phemmyfour: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:

So many, mechanics, catering, painting, shoe making, bag making, jewelries/bead making, tie n dye etc
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Nehyooh(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
That makeup of a thing is bullshits seriously.
I see make-up artist as criminals, how can you paint someone else face with all sort of colours just for few minutes/hours usages and collect huge amount of money, that's criminality. And to the girl that allow her face to be painted, in your mind you don fine be that o.....Just dey play grin
If you fine you fine, no be by make-up cool
Simple and light powder is just ok for me!
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by MikeMicheal(m): 7:26pm On Oct 27, 2023
Romanoff:

Thank you.
I love your skin, i know good food plays a role, but which cream do you use plsss?
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by achorladey: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Those two areas are massively dominated by females considering graduates equally go to that line setting up different fashion and clothing hub everywhere
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by dnawah(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2023
Premiumbuy:

no !!! Them limit themselves.i don see a lady okada,keke driver and a mechanic (Benz)
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Romanoff(f): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
MikeMicheal:
I love your skin, i know good food plays a role, but which cream do you use plsss?

Media 5.5 vitamin c cream and I use a lot of sunscreen.
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by MikeMicheal(m): 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
Romanoff:

Media 5.5 vitamin c cream and I use a lot of sunscreen.
Alright Sis. Thanks
Re: Is It True That Ladies Are Limited To Tailor And Hairdresser As Handwork? by Dshocker(m): 9:54am On Oct 28, 2023
Romanoff:
Are caterers, bakers and shoe makers a joke to you?

I know three women on IG that make shoes.

I thought you've gone off nairaland, because i rarely see your comments.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petroleum Engineering Course In Germany -free Tuition / How Does Microbiology Graduate Become A Nurse Or Medical Doctor? / Nigerian Navy Officers Salary Structure 2017 - How Much A Navy Officer Earns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.