Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP (23500 Views)

The Judgement Is A Complete Waste Of Time - Otti Reacts To Purported Sack / Sack Judgement Is Just To Stop Dave Umahi's Presidential Ambition (Opinion) / Osun Governorship Election Tribunal Judgement Is On Friday, 22nd March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Arafat2022: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
October 26, 2023

Press Statement

Presidential Appeal: Supreme Court Judgment is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP

…Says Apex Court Has Failed Nigerians

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) is appalled by the judgment of the Supreme Court in the petition filed by the PDP and Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar against the declaration of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Bola Ahmed Tinubu as winners of the February 25, 2023 Presidential election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The PDP and indeed majority of Nigerians are alarmed, disappointed and gravely concerned with the reasoning of the Supreme Court which the PDP believes is against the express provisions of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended), the Electoral Act, 2022, the Guideline and Regulation issued by INEC under which the election was conducted.

The PDP asserts that it is indeed a sad commentary for our democracy that the Supreme Court failed to uphold the provisions of the law. Instead, it trashed the expectation of majority of Nigerians who looked up to it as a Temple of Impartiality to deliver substantial justice in the matter having regards to the laws and facts of the case.

Nigerians earnestly expected the Supreme Court to uphold and defend the clear provisions of the 1999 Constitution in terms of qualification and minimum requirement for a winner to be declared in a Presidential election in Nigeria especially with regards to the required statutory 25% of votes in the FCT as well as issues of violation of electoral Rules and Guidelines, brazen manipulations and alterations of election results by the APC.

Nigerians are still at a loss as to how the Supreme Court condoned the serious issues of forgery, falsehood and perjury on the altar of technicalities.

The general gloom, melancholy and sense of despondency across the country upon the delivery of the judgment is an ominous sign of eerie situation which portend grave consequences because of the disappointment embedded in the judgment.

This judgment by the Supreme Court has evidently shaken the confidence of Nigerians in the judiciary, especially the Supreme Court as the last hope of the common man.

The PDP remains undeterred and charges Nigerians not to be discouraged or allow the judgment to detract from their collective quest for the entrenchment of a credible electoral system that can guarantee a government that truly derive its legitimacy from the people.

Signed:

Hon. Debo Ologunagba
National Publicity Secretary

26 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by longetivity(m): 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2023
They should further appeal at the international criminal court cheesy

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by OkCornel(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by NOC1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lol, this people are clowns.
Atiku pursued this case with much bitterness if I am Tinubu I will deal with him mercilessly

169 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Minime10(f): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2023
Get Atiku arrested asap😎

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by yarimo(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2023
grin grin grin

116 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by seunmsg(m): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2023
This is an irresponsible statement from PDP. The statement reeks of pain, bad blood, lack of spirit of sportsmanship and absolutely undemocratic. PDP really needs to purge itself of the unnecessary hatred, bitterness, venom and desperation with which it pursued the 2023 presidential election and the court cases. The election has been won and lost already. The right thing to do is to congratulate the President and wish him well as he leads the country till 2027.

182 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Raskimonojendor: 2:57pm On Oct 26, 2023
I am sure they would still be having a world press conference again despite being warned by the court. They haven't learnt their lessons that emotional blackmail doesn't work.

Ps: Racoon and Taylor82 must be shedding hot uncontrollable tears wherever they are right now. If you know where they are, tell them it's okay to come out of hiding. No victor and No vanquished.

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by 99thEnemy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
grin grin grin
I am waiting to see the new dance steps Reno Omokri promised to dish out to entertain us with when the verdict comes in favour of Tinubu. grin

Shout-out to: @TizzyAbel
#PIRU
cool

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by spiSeyi: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
PDP has been buried cremated by the supreme court grin , LP has been returned to where they belong (the mushroom party class). Congrats to PBAT & the APC, good governance is the only way to sustain power in a democracy cool

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Olachase(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
now that His Excellences Bola Hamed Tinubu has been declare President of Federal Republic of Nigeria

Atiku and Obi should go and prepare for next coming Election even tho their victory is not sure

na mumu day take him two leg check Welther River dip grin grin grin

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by StOla: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
Make dem appeal to FIFA.

Their game is fair play.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by gameova(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
cry
Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Lovenorth: 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
It's unfortunate that we are wasting our had earned tax in running a kangaroo courts

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Dannyset(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2023
grin

One IPOB lawyer even said they are taking the case to HAGUE.

They are always empty upstairs 😂😂😂😂

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by zoedew: 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
SHORTLY, FOLKS WHO PUT THIS UP WILL LOSE THE ABILITY TO DISCERN BETWEEN TRUTH AND FALSITY!

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by DMerciful(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
Many Nigerians are unaware that Tinubu is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by wunmi590(m): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2023

I've said it before, you can't win a sitting government, the judgment has already been declea5ed long time ago...

If PDP are the one in power, we know how they are going to behave, so let all concerned parties wait till another election year...

Using this medium to congratulate PBAT

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by ribbit: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
They should go to fifa

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by BadEnglish(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lol Atiku bye bye , see u in Dubai

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by iwaeda: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Arafat2022:
October 26, 2023

Press Statement

Blame PDP for all their errors, life was easier then; with my 200k jobs then, I could buy a good car without stress; travel to Europe, USA and so on. Laid a good foundation for myself with the help of God, but under APC ,businesses are shutting down with lack of vision and renewed hopelessness. grin grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by nairalanda1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Show is over. 2027 is around the corner. Get ready.

The opposition loses when it is divided. That is one lesson it took Buhuhari 3 elections to learn. Even 2011 election, the man gutted the opposition, and formed his own party, and there we are. Same for Peter Obi...gutted PDP, and asa result, APC won.

Yes, APC won because PDP was divided. If you want to abuse me, fine. You would be sounding like the CPC supporters who abused all and sundry in 2011 when their man lost again. Person wey wreck the ANPP to become president, yes, e go work.

Personally, I no like PDP or APC, or LP. But APC needed to be voted out, and PDP was the only viable party left that could do it. And Obi, like Buhari in 2011, wrecked that chance.

Anyway, the problem is, Nigerians do not learn from their mistakes. Apparently Obi is so perfect, he cannot lose. Same thing Buhari suppoprters were saying years ago

Anyway, we need a united oppositon in 2026. Not thisone where X is on one side, Y is on the other.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by kmaster007: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
They are friends if you don't no
NOC1:
Atiku pursued this case with much bitterness if I am Tinubu I will deal with him mercilessly
Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by benardtotti(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
NOC1:

Of course Atiku is doomed I have stated it here on nairaland before , once the Supreme Court delivers judgement BAT will turn his attention to Atiku , he can't escape it and dubai won't save him, you think Tinubu went to UAE for fun ? The coming days will be very very interesting! Sit down and watch .

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by Ijaya123: 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
Nothing disappointing here.

Anyone with a functioning brain knew all along that Atiku has no case. He was just chasing shadow with the encouragement of the headless mob, who have been confirmed to have substituted their brain with sawdust.

Atiku, just try and enjoy your politics retirement in peace, and that’s if you so desire.

Thank your star Tinubu isn’t like Obasanjo, who would have crushed you totally politically and financially as a sitting president.

I also advise you to demand for part refund from your lawyers. They did a terrible job for you. The worst petitions I’ve witnessed in years.

quote author=wunmi590 post=126628032]

I've said it before, you can't win a sitting government, the judgment has already been declea5ed long time ago...

If PDP are the one in power, we know how they are going to behave, so let all concerned parties wait till another election year...

Using this medium to congratulate PBAT
[/quote]

But Buhari won GEJ who was a sitting president

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by AroOkigbo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2023
This is Nigeria
Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by lanre316: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Arafat2022:
October 26, 2023

Press Statement

Atiku, go back to Dubai and wait till 2027 to show face again and waste money again.

Obi, take heart. It's not easy to labour in vain. Try again in 4 or 8 years time.

Kwankwaso, you better leave that useless party if you are serious with your political career.

Tinubu, thunder go fire you if don't deliver good governance to Nigerians and alleviate their suffering.

16 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by femagj(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Disappointing to you and your people who hate the truth

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by opera1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
At this point, over to God.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgement Is Disappointing, Concerning - PDP by xihari: 3:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Brb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkpoint Policemen Watched As Herdsmen Attacked Us – Oyo Farmer / 1500 APC Members In Katsina Defect To PDP (Photos) / We Can't Cancel Rivers And Akwa Ibom Results - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.