Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria (27319 Views)

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / 20+ Cheapest Android Phones in Nigeria Under 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k and 70k Naira / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Bros it's dollar na why are you acting like you don't know?
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by MitchellK: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ororocelemi:
The rate at which mobile phones prices increases in Naija these days is alarming, every minute the price of a phone increases by #1 naira at least.

I remember when Infinix Note 30pro came out in May, it was around #175k but now it is around #300k, Itel S23+ came out in September at #148k and today it is around #189k by December it will surely be #200k if not more.

Any mobile or electronical gadget you think is expensive now, just wait to see the price in the next coming month.

God will see us through in the next 4yrs

You aren't ready yet.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by spencekat(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Johnchrix:
I think its better to buy fairly used & London used, its a bit cheaper. [/b]Phones are so expensive now[b].
You are right. This dollar rise has been messing up Naira and other commodities prices in Nigeria.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by livenija: 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Phones are not expensive. Nigerians are just poor.
u are a fool
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Olam09(m): 1:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2023
psucc:
Easy buy? That's double wahala.

Anyway, na to buy from neighbouring countries and ship down here. That's way cheaper!
Custom n FedEx never deal with you ABi?

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by meum: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hmm
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
Aboks:
una never see anything, this is just the beginning

no ibo man will be president
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Who are we to blame?
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by ajebuter(f): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ordinary tecno wey poor man dey buy for 40k before don become 150k

Una mind no go touch ground oo

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Y
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Phones are not expensive. Nigerians are just poor.

True to some extent, but even then, phones are expensive.

My current phone cost me 33000 in 2019. Minimum wage was less than 20000 then.

Phones are high tech equipment with a lot of programmes, etc. All that adds up. Like for example, one of my former phones had a game that back in 1993 would have required a TV set, and a large boxlike controller with 2 large joysticks to play. The cost of minitaurising the tech needed to play the same game on a hand held device...yeah, it adds up.

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
BigYash:
That one no get sense.. Nigerians are poor when the government can't stabilize economy,right? That dude must be one of the idiots that brought in these clueless leaders.. They try to justify rubbish ,when sensible persons are discussing on this platform.. Very anyhow set of people..

you call someone poor, tell me what you do for a living?
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Homeboiy: 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
I have clean infinix note 4 and infinix note 5 for sale

40k and 45k respectively
Location Benin city
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Achoghim: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Our hope is being renewed, so don't think of renewing your phone or laptop this period.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Khyrvxjzy: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
BigYash:
That one no get sense.. Nigerians are poor when the government can't stabilize economy,right? That dude must be one of the idiots that brought in these clueless leaders.. They try to justify rubbish ,when sensible persons are discussing on this platform.. Very anyhow set of people..

just vote obi, all nigeria problem will end
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by alizma: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ororocelemi:
The rate at which mobile phones prices increases in Naija these days is alarming, every minute the price of a phone increases by #1 naira at least.

I remember when Infinix Note 30pro came out in May, it was around #175k but now it is around #300k, Itel S23+ came out in September at #148k and today it is around #189k by December it will surely be #200k if not more.

Any mobile or electronical gadget you think is expensive now, just wait to see the price in the next coming month.

You can get Note30 pro for 210k if you need it, let me know
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
livenija:
u are a fool

Says an e-rat.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:42pm On Oct 27, 2023
KarinaSlim:
People killing themselves for material things like expensive phones.

All these so called expensive brand of phone will be outdated tomorrow.

I remember when I was in the University, people were dying to get Blackberry phones.

Some sold their destiny's just to get such phones.

Now, where is Blackberry today?

Contentment is great gain.

If the exchange rate situation is not improving, people will be forced to go and buy that blackberry.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by truthfinder319: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Negative energy is your middle name, bro

Yoruba billionaires have verifiable sources of income. E.g. Mike Adenuga( Telecoms and Banking), Folorunso Alakija (Oil and Gas), Femi Otedola (Oil and Gas, Energy), Subomi Balogun (Banking), Tajudeen Fola Adeola (Banking), etc. Unlike some people who push drugs and sell fake products

wittywriter:
Nigeria happened to nigerians thanks to gullibly stupid electorates and incompetent corrupt political office holders.

Wittyness.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by BABAawoo47: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
samsung a54 480k cheesy

Common A series. Price of iphone b4

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2023
Roboto11:

Poor people cannot afford the latest phones whether in US or UK.

True. Do you now agree that Nigerians are poor?

Check the share of iPhone users by country. Nigeria isn't even in top 50 as they don't count fairly used and stolen hacked iPhones from computer village.. Majority can't afford a brand new iPhone 13 or 14.

Statistics don't lie.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by BigYash: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

I don't blame you. When your mates were in school learning the acts of comprehension and verbal reasoning, you were busy stealing meat and fish from your mama's pot. You're all grown now with absolutely nothing to show, not even commonsense.

Go back and read that statement like an educated individual, read it aloud 5 times, and give yourself a heavy knock on your coconut head.

Maybe the poverty in your lineage was provoked by a generational curse, but the poverty (poor people) in that post can certainly be attributed to the failure of the government.
Oga you don’t have to come tell us your problems here nau ,or start exhibiting your generational foolishness.If you’re under a curse,that’s your business.. Church rats are the richest on nairaland ... Mr rich man grin

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by BigYash: 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

just vote obi, all nigeria problem will end
Says who?

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Meerahbel: 1:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ororocelemi:

Buy touch light phone
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Kingbuhari(m): 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
See poverty. So 200k is too much to buy phone me can't use phone in region of 300k
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by BigYash: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

you call someone poor, tell me what you do for a living?
Do you have sense at all? The guy up said Nigerians are poor,reason why they can’t afford phones currently.. I tried to make him understand that it’s the government’s fault .. And that’s the truth,if you like go hug transformer..

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
wittywriter:
Nigeria happened to nigerians thanks to gullibly stupid electorates and incompetent corrupt political office holders.

Bigotry is not a good lifestyle...it's akin to living in a glass house and throwing stones.

Wittyness.
Where is your fact oponu
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ororocelemi:

Tinubu is just warming up.

Very soon, Shege Pro Max will be the only affordable phone in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
BigYash:
How can the citizens produce,when the enabling environment is not there? Government policies crumbling the hardwork of upcoming entrepreneurs on stead.. You are the one who needs to stfu,cux common sense seems to be very far from you..
You are a proven failure
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Roboto11: 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

True. Do you now agree that Nigerians are poor?

Check the share of iPhone users by country. Nigeria isn't even in top 50 as they don't count fairly used and stolen hacked iPhones from computer village.. Majority can't afford a brand new iPhone 13 or 14.

Statistics don't lie.

Do you even understand what you posted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Airtel, Etisalat ,MTN , GLO - The Best Network In Nigeria? / Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Tecno Camon C5 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.