Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria (27322 Views)

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / 20+ Cheapest Android Phones in Nigeria Under 30k, 40k, 50k, 60k and 70k Naira / Top 5 Cheapest Small Phones In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
BigYash:
And I say it again.. Your father is the biggest failure ever,for birthing a son like you.. #100 condom would have saved your father this disgrace,you’re always bringing to him.. Stupid son of a failed father.. cheesy
Lolzzz... a failure of a human always blame others ... my father taught me to take responsibility... your parents failed you not the country... to make am for you go hard...
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by BigYash: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz... a failure of a human always blame others ... my father taught me to take responsibility... your patents failed you not the country... to make am for you go hard...
Stop playing kid. So you think say you don make am ba? cheesy Where my last born go stand,you no fit smell am.. Them no born your papa well.. Deuly nairaland dey make mouth,with your borrowed data.. Come real life,make you see things for yourself..
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by phemmyfour: 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ororocelemi:
The rate at which mobile phones prices increases in Naija these days is alarming, every minute the price of a phone increases by #1 naira at least.

I remember when Infinix Note 30pro came out in May, it was around #175k but now it is around #300k, Itel S23+ came out in September at #148k and today it is around #189k by December it will surely be #200k if not more.

Any mobile or electronical gadget you think is expensive now, just wait to see the price in the next coming month.

God will see us through in the next 4yrs
Your country isn't ready to start producing. It is what it is
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
BigYash:
Stop playing kid. So you think say you don make am ba? cheesy Where my last born go stand,you no fit smell am.. Them no born your papa well.. Deuly nairaland dey make mouth,with your borrowed data.. Come real life,make you see things for yourself..
Where you dey make I come see your life if truly e better
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Bluntemperor: 6:06pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Yes. These phones are produced in countries where poor people can afford a basic iPhone through a one-month hustle.
In Nigeria, you will need to sacrifice your one year salary for the same phone.

-No,not true- that 'they are produced where Poor People are'!
-In Germany- Mercedes Benz are equally used as taxis,same in other Countries,where those items are produced!
•The main reason why the Phones are of high and heavy Prices are:
1-We don't produce anything like these Phones nor its accessories in Nigeria.
2-The Phones have dry - cells and dry elements and
3-we don't even have Power for 24/7 to - designs, practicalised the theories we have read,not even by ways of Local Contents!
4-Since we imports almost all the Phones into our Country,then everyone ( both Importers- are enjoying FOREX,while the Consumers)/ too are enjoying the Services,albert unknowly- since we love luxury things!
So,when the Dollars rises,Phones Prices also rises!
Solutions:
5• For Nigeria to move,we must insists to provide basic amenities like 24/7- Lights ( both day and night)!
6-Those boys repairing those Phones can also begin to Produce them- if our Govt can Support with a Start- Up Firms on Phone- Productions Locally- but govt must be ready to bear the initial Cost .i e low Cost, even at a loss for first few years!
•Can the present DISCOS give such services - NO! Because they have Corrupt Officials - whose mentality is skewed! The people in NEPA/ Discos even believe they are helping us/ Nigerians to provide lights.
e.g I was in one of their Offices to complain a yr ago and the Officer said ' Sir, don't disturb us,as you can see,we too uses Generators to power our own Offices' Such organisations can't give Lights to Nigeria because they have Mental Attitudes that MUST be totally changed,as they will see their services as endemic to the Nation! They need to go and New People should manage Power Sector in Nigeria,with expanded Investors!

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
Bluntemperor:

No,not true- that 'they are produced where Poor People are'!
-In Germany- Mercedes Benz are equally used as taxis,same in other Countries,where those items are produced!
•The main reason why the Phones are of high and heavy Prices are:
1. We don't produce anything like this Phones nor its accessories in Nigeria.
2.The Phones have dry - cells and elements and we don't even have Power for 24/7 to - designs, practicalised the theories we have read,not even by ways of Local Contents!
3.Since we imports almost all the Phones into our Country,then everyone ( both Importers- are enjoying FOREX,while the Consumers)/ too are enjoying the Services,albert unknowly- since we love luxury things!
• For Nigeria to move,we must insists to provide basic amenities like 24/7- Lights ( both day and night)!
-Those boys repairing those Phones can also begin to Produce them- if our Govt can Support with a Start- Up Firms on Phone- Productions Locally- but govt must be ready to bear the initial Cost .i e low Cost, even at a loss for first few years!
-Can the present DISCOS give such services - NO! Because they have Corrupt Officials - whose mentality is skewed! The people in NEPA/ Discos even believe they are helping us/ Nigerians to provide lights.
e.g I was in one of their Offices to complain a yr ago and the Officer said ' Sir, don't disturb us,as you can see,we too uses Generators to power our own Offices' Such organisations can't give Lights to Nigeria because they have Mental Attitudes that MUST be totally changed,as they will see their services as endemic to the Nation!

Insightful but I don't completely agree with your position on the matter.

The solution to our problem is beyond funding local phone guys to go into manufacturing. Like every other similar attempt, it will fail from inception. We have to first address the cultural problem of lusting over foreign-made products. To fix this, the government needs to stop preaching and start acting. A NASS or presidency that loves Toyota and Benz more than life can't get any result by merely funding Innoson. Like say we no get sense.

Nigeria is probably one of the few countries where an Itel and Tecno ambassador will be using iPhone and Samsung. These people think that the buyers are f00.ls or they probably do not understand the psychology of marketing.

A company like Tecno abi Transssion has identified and positioned its brand as a pro-Nigerian and a pan-African brand to a meaningful extent.. The question we should be asking is why the Nigerian government has failed to mandate or help this company and the likes of iTel, Nexus, etc. set up huge manufacturing plants in Nigeria.

All they (politicians) want to do is collect monthly IGR from Carlcare centres to loot and buy more iPhones for their girlfriends.

Tecno has invested so much in the country to remain an importer of Chinese chips.

The average Nigerian will always follow the lead of the elites (e.g. the politicians). Politicians and their children started japa; they are the same reasons some Nigerians abandoned public schools. Whenever politicians set a trend (including corruption), the masses follow. They're also behind terrorism and banditry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
quite true I got a phone for 125k early October, yesterday its now 150k ,same shop same seller..
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Truvelisback(m): 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Phones are not expensive. Nigerians are just poor.
Na which phone u dey use? No lie, make thunder no strike u.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Iamzik: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
Roboto11:

Sharap.

Our leaders are just like the followers.

They aren't all clueless but most are.

If the citizens don't find a way to produce products for local consumption or export, there's only so much the leaders can do, especially overnight.

Why people think there's a magic wand somewhere is baffling.

If shameless leaders you voted can not improve the economy do they have the decency to just maintain what was handed over to them?? Dollar was 216, fuel was 87 naira in 2015. What has this demonic APC achieved in 9 years apart from propaganda and gaslighting citizens
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Roboto11: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Iamzik:

If shameless leaders you voted can not improve the economy do they have the decency to just maintain what was handed over to them?? Dollar was 216, fuel was 87 naira in 2015. What has this demonic APC achieved in 9 years apart from propaganda and gaslighting citizens

Yeah, while you continue to demand for imported goods.

Get sense.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Iamzik: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
Roboto11:

Yeah, while you continue to demand for imported goods.

Get sense.

We will continue to import phones because there is no phone manufacturing company in Nigeria and the visionless president was so much in a hurry to float the naira.

Let's keep clapping for APC until the little remaining foreign reserve is wiped off.

Venezuela started just like this and the citizens kept clapping until their currency became tissue paper
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Bluntemperor: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Insightful but I don't completely agree with your position on the matter.
The solution to our problem is beyond funding local phone guys to go into manufacturing. Like every other similar attempt, it will fail from inception. We have to first address the cultural problem of lusting over foreign-made products. To fix this, the government needs to stop preaching and start acting. A NASS or presidency that loves Toyota and Benz more than life can't get any result by merely funding Innoson. Like say we no get sense.
Nigeria is probably one of the few countries where an Itel and Tecno ambassador will be using iPhone and Samsung. These people think that the buyers are f00.ls or they probably do not understand the psychology of marketing.
A company like Tecno abi Transssion has identified and positioned its brand as a pro-Nigerian and a pan-African brand to a meaningful extent.. The question we should be asking is why the Nigerian government has failed to mandate or help this company and the likes of iTel, Nexus, etc. set up huge manufacturing plants in Nigeria.
All they (politicians) want to do is collect monthly IGR from Carlcare centres to loot and buy more iPhones for their girlfriends.
Tecno has invested so much in the country to remain an importer of Chinese chips.
The average Nigerian will always follow the lead of the elites (e.g. the politicians). Politicians and their children started japa; they are the same reasons some Nigerians abandoned public schools. Whenever politicians set a trend (including corruption), the masses follow. They're also behind terrorism and banditry.

Thank you bro,for you made some brilliant inputs!
The two major recommendations I'm making is for -
i-Govt to fix basic Amenities in Nigeria!
• do you know that if we have Constant lights/ 365- Days ( both day and night),do you know we would have solved 60% of Nigeria Problems because many things rotates around availablity of Power/ Lights! e g in Japan,12-yrs Old- assembled those Laptops into their cartons for Exports.Does that surprised you?
ii• Do you also agree that ,in initial Production of some technogies/ Products,govt Must provide a take - Up - Funds,to allow many Companies to grow, including Tax Exemptions!

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Roboto11: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Iamzik:

We will continue to import phones because there is no phone manufacturing company in Nigeria and the visionless president was so much in a hurry to float the naira.

Let's keep clapping for APC until the little remaining foreign reserve is wiped off.

Venezuela started just like this and the citizens kept clapping until their currency became tissue paper

Who should open the phone manufacturing company if not you?

Someone else should do it abi?
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Akano5(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:
Where is your fact oponu
If you're requesting for fact, that means you're deceiving yourself.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Thank you bro,for you made some brilliant inputs!
The two major recommendations I'm making is for -
i-Govt to fix basic Amenities in Nigeria!
• do you know that if we have Constant lights/ 365- Days ( both day and night),do you know we would have solved 60% of Nigeria Problems because many things rotates around availablity of Power/ Lights! e g in Japan,12-yrs Old- assembled those Laptops into their cartons for Exports.Does that surprised you?
ii• Do you also agree that ,in initial Production of some technogies/ Products,govt Must provide a take - Up - Funds,to allow many Companies to grow, including Tax Exemptions!

Yes, I completely agree with your views. For us to produce, we definitely need some basic amenities like road network, constant electricity, funding and grants, and tax exemptions.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by finallybusy: 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
Cut your coat according to…
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2023
Akano5:

If you're requesting for fact, that means you're deceiving yourself.
Okay
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Protafix: 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Johnchrix:
I think its better to buy fairly used & London used, its a bit cheaper. Phones are so expensive now.

iPhone 11 is now selling at 280k+
As of 4 months ago, you could still see a uk used for 210k,

1 Like

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by jimcaddy(m): 11:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
We all know the reason why. But then again some of us are greedy because some bought it at the old price, now that the exchange rate has gone up, they decided to jack the prices up so that they can make abnormal profit. Nigerians and our scamming brains
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by dezgadgetcity(m): 12:27am On Oct 28, 2023
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Posotome: 3:48am On Oct 28, 2023
Second hand phone 25k
MTN mifi router 10k

All the websites are smiling at me!

Shebi na you wan use iphone by force!

I dey inside my room!

You go explain tire!
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by emmaodet: 7:36am On Oct 28, 2023
Acidosis:

True. Do you now agree that Nigerians are poor?

Check the share of iPhone users by country. Nigeria isn't even in top 50 as they don't count fairly used and stolen hacked iPhones from computer village.. Majority can't afford a brand new iPhone 13 or 14.

Statistics don't lie.

North Korea?
I thought nothing in and out of that country and the citizens are massively shackled down with poverty by their dictatorial president.
So this country has a higher purchasing power than Nigeria despite the heavy sanctions on them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by selfdefence: 7:39am On Oct 28, 2023
Not just phones o, everything don add money, but good a thing brand like TECNO are still doing their best to give us devices at affordable rates.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2023
Odinayo57:
IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional Certificate @4k only interested send me a text on wats app numba @signature

Note: i will do the subscription first before you pay me for trust issues

Skills you'll gain
Information security analyst
IT security analyst
Junior cybersecurity analyst
Security analyst
Lol, for anyone who's interested in this course and others like it on Coursera, mention me. I'll get you on board for FREE.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2023
emmaodet:

North Korea?
I thought nothing in and out of that country and the citizens are massively shackled down with poverty by their dictatorial president.
So this country has a higher purchasing power than Nigeria despite the heavy sanctions on them?

That's the power of the media, bro. The media can make a devil look like God. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by emmaodet: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2023
Acidosis:

That's the power of the media, bro. The media can make a devil look like God. cheesy

Chaii

3 Likes

Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by chipet67(m): 11:30am On Oct 28, 2023
Acidosis:

Yup. Fo.olish Acidosis.
You're correct
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by XploraBen(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2023
micxwell:
Lol, for anyone who's interested in this course and others like it on Coursera, mention me. I'll get you on board for FREE.
I'll like to start the junior cybersecurity analyst course, though in a month or two from now.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2023
It's due to the international football games going on between the Naira and the Is dollars. The dollars is doing very great and the naira is very poor in all areas of the field of play.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
XploraBen:

I'll like to start the junior cybersecurity analyst course, though in a month or two from now.
Nice. Now log on to Coursera.org, create an account and we'll take it from there.

N.B: Also note that you'll need a valid ID card to get access to the "verified certificate" after you've completed the course. Drivers license, International Passport is best.
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by Westchester(m): 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2023
Roboto11:

Sharap hypocrite.

I know your type.

You would complain about the judiciary for instance, but complain when Buhari attempted to cleanse the system.

You would complain about enabling environment as if you don't have a role to play in it.

As you are, I'm sure you are a heavy bribe giver.

Just stfu already you imbecilic idiot, you disgrace yourself the more whenever you type something here
Re: High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria by XploraBen(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
micxwell:
Nice. Now log on to Coursera.org, create an account and we'll take it from there.

N.B: Also note that you'll need a valid ID card to get access to the "verified certificate" after you've completed the course. Drivers license, International Passport is best.
I already have an account on Coursera.

Yeah, I know about the valid ID thing for certificate collection.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C5 Discussion Thread / Download Free BBM Stickers / Tecno Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Goes Live In Dubai, Official specs discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.