Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) (845 Views)

Lets Design A Website Like Quickteller.com Prototype With WYSIWYG (tutorial) / Text Editors Vs Wysiwyg / WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) by cmon(m): 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2007
Hi y'll

Can anyone give me a tip on how to create a 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) type of form, similar to the one used to post topics on Nairaland.

I actually want to create a forum and anytime I use the normal form, The database does not reproduce the message exactly how it was typed (eg for line breaks to occur, you have to type <br> before the next line and not many web visitors understand this)

Well in summary, how can I create a form like Nairaland's topic posting form?

Urls where I can read them up or scripts I can study will be very helpful. Thanks
Re: WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) by Phiry(m): 2:31am On Sep 14, 2007
What I know about forums is that you get the software, else I think you will do more of html studying.

http://www.OnlineIncomePointer.com
Re: WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) by tundewoods(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2007
You actually do not need any customized WYSIWYG Forms before you can start a forum,however you can download this WYSIWYG dreamweaver extension that can assist in converting normal textarea fields in forms into WYSIWYG forms.

KTML WYSIWYG extension
Re: WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) by alexboy76: 12:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Coding has always seemed something difficult and WYSIWYG software can be a good alternative for non-techies like me. This unbiased review was pretty useful for me http://www.websitebuilderbox.com/best-wysiwyg-website-builder/ . Creating a website with WYSIWYG turned out to be not that challenging as I initially thought.
Re: WYSIWYG Forms (how Are They Created) by Bolaji21(m): 1:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
cmon:
Hi y'll

Can anyone give me a tip on how to create a 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) type of form, similar to the one used to post topics on Nairaland.

I actually want to create a forum and anytime I use the normal form, The database does not reproduce the message exactly how it was typed (eg for line breaks to occur, you have to type <br> before the next line and not many web visitors understand this)

Well in summary, how can I create a form like Nairaland's topic posting form?

Urls where I can read them up or scripts I can study will be very helpful. Thanks
You don't need to reinvent the wheel. If you're using a CMS to build your forum, wysiwyg editor is usually inbuilt.
But if you're coding the forum yourself, you can use ready made jquery plug ins. Just Google search for free wysiwyg editor. A very good example is tinyMCE

(1) (Reply)

Finally, A Decent African Portal / How Do I Add An Icon To My Page Title / Review Experience Nigeris Project's Temporary Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.