Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 (49822 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / He Is 35 And Still Single / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by abbeyd2(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
I have somebody of your age she's 56 now, she make her money but use it to train her nieces and cousins. She narrated the story of her life to me. It ended this way "IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HAND OF TIME" she would have amended her way. Because there's time for everything. Very soon no man will look on your side except shop and go.

8 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by xavuv: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
At 42! Well,its not too late
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by xavuv: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2023
abbeyd2:
I have somebody of your age she's 56 now, She narrated the story of her life to me.

It ended this way "IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HAND OF TIME" she would have amended her way.

Because there's time for everything. Very soon no man will look on your side except shop and go.

Yes. OP failed to realize that indeed there is time for everything.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Silentgroper(m): 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
Westman001:

Why do you ask?

You're not the op, I suppose...

😕😕😕
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by boldsleek: 5:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
Na waa a.

you guys should let the singles be nah.

so much anger on this thread untop say woman say she no Wan marry.

wetin dey worry humanbeings sef?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by djon78(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
Offpoint1:

I'm not interested about the world "moving forward or backwards' neither am I interested 'America or Africa" mentality.

I'm interested in nature and the truth, your very existence today right now typing this is because, someone hard natural sex and give birth to a human child.

The most grievous sins against nature is killing and refusing to reproduce.

Oga people are adopting children and giving them the best of Life

There are millions of homeless children that are not being taken care of some born by mother's that threw them away

Then someone adopts a child that could have become like these homeless children but rather gives the child a good Life, good education and he or she becomes very useful to the society

And you are talking this way

To be candid
Your reasoning is very suspect
It doesn't add up and it's extremely very backward
Not productive at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by okoroemeka(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
mariahAngel:
Your courage is commendable.

If you could go back in time, knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently?
I don't see courage here,this is an interesting story of a woman that want to justify her actions when she was still young and fresh,the problem obviously started from a very strict upbringing that thought her that men and their dick are taboo that must be avioded at all cost,those men that was discarded must be thanking baba God now for the bullet they dodged,she is still 42 and the best thing she can do now is to get pregnant assuming she is not still a virgin and at least have one child to call his own or it maybe a very miserable and resentful old age for this courageous madam.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ahnie: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jeon men are very vital in our lives,let's stop decieving ourselves I understand her choices,but at some point she's going to be lonely and needs someone to look after her in her twilight.
Marriage is a fulfillment in a woman's life
Jeon:
I admire you very much!.

You did a great thing, Men are not too be worried about. Just live you life.
But since she's comfortable the way she is...it's her choice,and all we can do at this stage is to wish her well.

6 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Puss360(f): 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
kazyhm:

How does this answer any of the questions ?

Those without life experience shouldn't have an opinion...........especially someone with shabby and myopic sentiments.

It seems you can't differentiated values from quantity.........
Ok
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Puss360(f): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
Katcall:
are you single
Does it matter? Does my opinion depends on my martial Status?
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by GodHimself: 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
Quite a nice write up. And you were admirably open.

Of course anything I write here might be wrong since it’s based on perceptions from what you’ve written here.

That being said, it’s good to be picky, so long as the things you’re picky about are core things.

Like kindness, concern about your progress, peaceful, mature way of resolving conflict, correcting with love… these things are of the utmost value.

That first guy could have been the one. you killed the relationship because of hearsay.

The guy that left you with a Hardon and came back deflated shows me that you don’t really know much about men.

You were the one that made him hard, and he deflated when he went out to talk to the other lady. But you misunderstood that.

In short, Don’t make long term decisions based on short term emotions. Try to understand men. Men are simple and uncomplicated at their core. It will not take a lot time to get the basics and a true picture of reality.

I hope you don’t take this this wrong way.

In all, God will bring a good man that will make you happy and proud your way, but I’m almost certain he will likely not appear in the form you expect.

Wishing you clarity and the best of men.

Jewessgratitud3:
Hopefully someone leans from my story. I don't regret any of my decisions so far. I'm happy that in all, I wasn't consumed, used to a point of no return in fact if you see me, you'll hardly believe I'm 42. apart from say I get small protruding stomach ( which almost everyone has) and it's only when I eat. Otherwise its normal. So it's caused by food and I overeat.

I also don't regret not having children outside wedlock cos it would have reduced my chances of getting attention from men even at my age. Yes.. I still get attention like serious advances from single men. This is not to make a boast. In this year alone, I've had two suitors. Very responsible guy and another man but the thing with me is that I'm too picky. if I don't like you first, e go hard. So those two were not my spec and I won't trap myself in a loveless marriage just because of age or "time is going " , if it's not what I want, I won't do it. Call me anything you like, your opinion. I don't kia! tongue

Modified

I don't know why you're pained. That was me just being witty to lighten up the tense mood of my story but your dumb olodo self cant recognize a witty saying when you see one hence holding unto it and reacting like a beheaded chicken.

Empty skull

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by OGgreatness: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

LoL... Abeg feel free to tell your story. It can help others to be strong. It can go a long way to help.

Me I don't care. If you like use am yab me after telling you, na your toro. So long as e no remove Kobo for my account.
please sister where are you from. dnt be offend. I will like be ur friend. Like how did you build that courage.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by int0x80(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2023
Woow this is interesting, you are just few years away from menopause 😳😳
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by 77up(m): 6:07pm On Oct 28, 2023
Katcall:
You are a liar. I will want to marry and have kids. but saying kids take care of their parents in their old age is a big fat lie. What about those wayward kids and prostitutes that forgot they have a parent
Kneel down, close your eyes and pray to God not to give you such.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
greypencils:
If you are Ok being single in your 60s, all good. If not, you had better bend and quickly too. I know a bunch of single women in their 60s. They all had your kinda attitude, picky & unable to trust men. They are all in their 60s now, lonely and regretful. I don't presume they are lonely & regretful. I know because they tell me. Two out of those are family members.

I always advice to adopt a child before its too late if against pre-marital sex or get a sperm from a bank injected.

A child at home will help create a distraction.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
GodHimself:
Quite a nice write up. And you were admirably open.

Of course anything I write here might be wrong since it’s based on perceptions from what you’ve written here.

That being said, it’s good to be picky, so long as the things you’re picky about are core things.
**Smiling** ok thanks I've heard you.
God bless.
Like kindness, concern about your progress, peaceful, mature way of resolving conflict, correcting with love… these things are of the utmost value.

That first guy could have been the one. you killed the relationship because of hearsay.

The guy that left you with a Hardon and came back deflated shows me that you don’t really know much about men.

You were the one that made him hard, and he deflated when he went out to talk to the other lady. But you misunderstood that.

In short, Don’t make long term decisions based on short term emotions. Try to understand men. Men are simple and uncomplicated at their core. It will not take a lot time to get the basics and a true picture of reality.

I hope you don’t take this this wrong way.

In all, God will bring a good man that will make you happy and proud your way, but I’m almost certain he will likely not appear in the form you expect.

Wishing you clarity and the best of men.

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 6:40pm On Oct 28, 2023
Skyview01:

I have an immediate younger sister who died last year, she was around your age and desperate to marry. I will post her story when I have the time on a different page.

A lot of married people are living through hell. A lot of single people are in hell of a existence as well.

You can be single and very happy and fulfilled and same in marriage. We have to do away with these societal expectations that everybody must be married.

I have a Christian lady who married as a virgin and presently, I have advised her to run away from the marriage with the three kids and she listened to my advice. The husband, a big worker in the church is an occultist and tried to use her and the kids for rituals.

She miscarried four times and each time the husband will take away the dead babies to unknown locations for burial. He even tried to use their firstborn for ritual and told the wife he was sending the 8yr old abroad. She had countless veneral diseases, the husband went to the company where she was working and lied against the lady and she lost her =N=6million/pa job.

She had to run into hiding and start from square zero after abuses. If I tell you real life examples about marriages of others I have been involved in, you will be scared to marry.

Be yourself and do what makes you happy, go back to school if you can, travel once every year within Nigeria and other African countries. create a hobby and possibly adopt a child if you can.

Wau! This is serious o. So terrible. Thank God she escaped it.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Truvelisback(m): 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Hopefully someone leans from my story. I don't regret any of my decisions so far. I'm happy that in all, I wasn't consumed, used to a point of no return in fact if you see me, you'll hardly believe I'm 42. apart from say I get small protruding stomach ( which almost everyone has) and it's only when I eat. Otherwise its normal. So it's caused by food and I overeat.

I also don't regret not having children outside wedlock cos it would have reduced my chances of getting attention from men even at my age. Yes.. I still get attention like serious advances from single men. This is not to make a boast. In this year alone, I've had two suitors. Very responsible guy and another man but the thing with me is that I'm too picky. if I don't like you first, e go hard. So those two were not my spec and I won't trap myself in a loveless marriage just because of age or "time is going " , if it's not what I want, I won't do it. Call me anything you like, your opinion. I don't kia! tongue

Modified

I don't know why you're pained. That was me just being witty to lighten up the tense mood of my story but your dumb olodo self cant recognize a witty saying when you see one hence holding unto it and reacting like a beheaded chicken.

Empty skull
No one has the right to judge you. Life is not fair. Somethings are beyound our control. We are only humans.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 28, 2023
Two things are involved.

1.You are still open and hoping to find a man to marry?

2. You have given up on marriage and decide to go the single route?

1.You are still open and hoping to find a man to marry?

With number one, Its going to be a little bit difficult as men in your circle will be looking for younger girls. Most of the young suitors you are having will only be desperate to get into your pants or get your money(If you have a good job), as a lady, no matter how young you look, most men single men will prefer to marry younger women. That is reality for you in the world we live in today.

If number one is still on the table, you have to work with what you can control, in life, I call these controllable variables. You cannot will a rich man to marry you but you can position yourself into a situation where it is more likely for a rich man to find you attractive.

You can change your fashion, where you live and your environment, change your church, get more education to get a job in a better company where you are likely to come in contact with very successful men, travel a lot to learn and e.t.c

After the above, there is still the problem of your age, I tend to relate with women better because I grew in a religious-no-sex-before -marriage family and have five sisters. Your dating pool will be limited to the bellow in no particular order:

a. Young gold diggers-If you have money
b. Randy young guys who want to chop and clean mouth.
c. Widowers who are older
d. Single fathers who are orders
e. Being a second wife
f. Older married men who want a side chick.

All the above will still want to date before relationships and they will most likely demand sex in the relationship.

2. Have you given up on marriage and decide to go the single route?

I will then advice to either adopt a child or go for an artificial insemination route to have a child for companionship in old age. Do not ever adopt the child of a family member if you decide to go this route, you will only end up helping them train their children, go to an adoption agency far away and get a wonderful baby that looks like you and 10 years down the lane, you will look back and thank me. I know this route is not popular in Nigeria but it does not matter, you have to do what makes you happy.

happiness in life is not predicated on whether you are married or single, you can be happy or miserable whether single or married and you alone have the power to make yourself happy. I counsel a lot of couples and young people about marriage and single life and this is what i tell them.

4 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 6:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jeon:
I admire you very much!.

You did a great thing, Men are not too be worried about. Just live you life.

Thanks dear. They are always looking for somebody to put up with their mess As if we too are not human beings with full right to life and our choices.

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Acidosis:
It's okay to be single at 42. However, the reasons you have given do not justify your relationship status.

Some of the reasons you've given:

1. You don't love a guy enough.

2. He is "stingy"? You met a "stinkingly rich" young pastor in this same Nigeria? (probably an exaggeration unless you're referring to Apostle Selman or Pastor "What God cannot do does not exist" ). Going to ask a man you have only met for a short time money to fund your aso ebi is not how to find husband. Man probably distanced himself but I may be wrong. This is someone you said you don't love according to you, but he's expected to fund your lifestyle. Isn't? Also, your relationship with him was ongoing while you were still dating the broke guy, isn't? Did you just admit to double dating or did I read wrong?

3. You had an impression your guy was cheating. An impression not even fact. In response, you started coming home with other guys. Really? Lol. You met another guy again, slept over at his place and broke up the next day because of shower cap? And also because a lady came visiting and they talked for 30 minutes? Really?

Overall, you have to admit that you have your own flaws. Do some self diagnosis, please. You don't have to marry if you truly don't want to. But truth must be said. You haven't really done much to prove that you want marriage based on the little info you have here. The perfection you are looking for, you need to have and earn it.

Totally on point. Very intelligent take.

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2023
Offpoint1:

A woman who has not given birth before menopause is useless to NATURE and have zero contributions to the sustainability of human race.

This sound cruel, but that's the truth... And it's applicable to men without offsprings too.

your opinion and has nothing to do with the truth!
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Karlifate: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2023
Monaboo:

Isolated you say?
I laugh grin
You are wrong dear

There are tons of ladies in their 50's and even in their 60's who are still getting married on a daily basis in Nigeria.

Becos you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

LMAO! 😂

Consolation talk.

Tell your daughters to marry @ 50 and/or 60. 😂

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Offpoint1: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
djon78:

There are millions of homeless children that are not being taken care of some born by mother's that threw them away

Then someone adopts a child that could have become like these homeless children but rather gives the child a good Life, good education and he or she becomes very useful to the society

To be candid
Not productive at all
I never expect you to see reasoning and reality.
I'm not here arguing with you about "Good life or bad life" or any mundane thing you're talking.

If you placed 50,000 thousands women on Mars and give them "Good life" and everything they could ever need, without a man for reprocreation... In 100 years time, it'll be a lifeless planet, with zero form of human life.

Human race sustainability has nothing to do with "Good life"
The earth has created everything all living things needs to survive with "FOR FREE" that's why all animals have been in existence for donkeys years without "Good life"
You don't pay the soil to grow your crops, you don't pay the earth to produce water, which are the ingredients/source of life.

Your humanly problems were created by humans themselves and not nature.

Digest this message
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2023
Truvelisback:
No one has the right to judge you. Life is not fair. Somethings are beyound our control. We are only humans.

Absolutely.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Goodman247: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
You dt hold anybody any explanation
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Offpoint1: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
Skyview01:

your opinion and has nothing to do with the truth!
Let's run experiment for reality check.

Placed 5 women on another earth planet without men, let's leave the planet and return in 100 or 200 years time.

Repeat the same thing, but this time 5 women and 1 man....

Let's return to the both planets in 200 years, let's see which one has human life in it.

Truth is FACT and not OPINIONS, either you accept it or live in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by CarlosTheJackal: 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
Okwu nkasi obi.

Aunty is on menopause testing

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
djon78:

To be candid
Not productive at all

Adoption is the way to go. We have to change the cave mentality of our people. We are backward as a people because of these mentalities.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Emma1Oj(m): 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
MaverickA3:
I stopped reading the moment I discovered the op is a woman.
Y nau? You were supposed to contribute. Pls do the needful.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kemadealadire(f): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
Chikarata2020:
From ur write up, I can say u are a very egoistic person. Most men that are stable bachelor's, who want to marry don't just date a single lady b4 they marry. They choose from a pool of options available. U don't just crash out of a relationship bcs ur man is double dating, rather u fight to win him for your self. Time Wait's for no man sad
😂😂 Nonsense advice, sorry to say. You fight to win him then you fight to keep the marriage.

@OP, live your life, you aren't living anyone else's life, Nigerians and unsolicited advice when their lives can't even be worthy case studies, smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jeon(f): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
You make me laugh very hard ..
Are they aware of this? if they're important or necessary then why do they do Shitz around the world and in the lives of people they called significant?.

ahnie:
Jeon men are very vital in our lives, let's stop decieving ourselves I understand her choices,but at some point she's going to be lonely and needs someone to look after her in her twilight.
Marriage is a fulfillment in a. African woman's life
But since she's comfortable the way she is...it's her choice,and all we can do at this stage is to wish her well.

Marriage is the most important achievement in African women's life, that is why 90 % sacrifice themselves by suicide,or accepting being murdered.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Our Nairaland Baby's Is Still Transforming In The Positive And Is One Today / Elon Musk's Transgender Daughter Is Changing Her Name To DITCH Musk / White Woman Grinding Pepper With Native Grinding Stone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.