Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 (49791 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / He Is 35 And Still Single / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jeon(f): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
They want 90 % supports from a woman's life but will never try to invest 10 % into her life and still wants her to be submissive to his trash.

Jewessgratitud3:

Thanks dear. They are always looking for somebody to put up with their mess As if we too are not human beings with full right to life and our choices.

Please ignore those saying nonsense to you. They won't be there to share the sorrows in one's marriage.

10 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ahnie: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
You really need to peddle down a lil bit and stop this mindset.marriage is not an achievement really,but there's a balance it gives in a woman's life
Jeon:
You make me laugh very hard ..
Are they aware of this? if they're important or necessary then why do they do Shitz around the world and in the lives of people they called significant?.

Marriage is the most important achievement in African women's life, that is why 90 % sacrifice themselves by suicide,or accepting being murdered.
Like I said before,we all have our different choices in life.
If the op wishes to stay single it's her choice then I want to believe she has her reasons and as such shouldn't be coerced.

5 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Hubeznigeria(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
Are you not the same person who claimed to be married in another of your post?
Apologies. I discovered the text was not originally yours. Apologies once again.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jeon(f): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
What fuvkin mindset? And if it's why are Grey divorce everywhere, relationships and marriages pools so dirty? or am l blind and don't have eyes to see how it is going?.

What balance does it gives a woman?..
Look I don't want to talk about this OK, it's good for D is not going to be like dat for N, no matter the trying and efforts put by N.

ahnie:
You really need to peddle down a lil bit and stop this mindset.marriage is not an achievement really,but there's a balance it gives in a woman's life
Like I said before,we all have our different choices in life.

She stated her reasons.

If the op wishes to stay single it's her choice then I want to believe she has her reasons and as sure should be coerced.

10 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ahnie: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
Para dey your body this nyt Sha o.
Jeon:
What fuvkin mindset? And if it's why are Grey divorce everywhere, relationships and marriages pools so dirty? or am l blind and don't have eyes to see how it is going?.

What balance does it gives a woman?..
Look I don't want to talk about this OK, it's good for D is not going to be like dat for N, no matter the trying and efforts put by N.

She stated her reasons.

Anyways take care

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jeon(f): 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2023
ahnie:
Para dey your body this nyt Sha o. Anyways take care
sweet dreams

8 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ahnie: 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
You're welcomed jeo
Jeon:

sweet dreams
And you too.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kajaard: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2023
undecided

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
Mama and papa will give birth to a beautiful girl and hoping that one day they will see their grandchildren but alas pride, ego and feminism will show face and start pushing you into the wrong direction.
Your write up is filled with ego, pride, impatience and oversabi which is very tantamount among old single ladies.
There is a lady I know who is still single till now. She refused to marry the guy that has been disturbing her for marriage thinking that the guy is a boy boy because of the way he dresses not knowing that he is the CEO of his wine stores and has a lexus jeep. As the babe no gree my guy married another beautiful lady and aunty shakara ended up being the man's child classteacher.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
HardMirror:
she is an idiot. i am a family man and I just rolled my eyes reading that concluding trash.
She just need something to console herself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 8:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Farfalla:

You're strong for your sharing your story Jewess, knowing very well the society you come from. I see a few people are worried that you'll be trolled. I hope you know how depressed trolls are, so they shouldn't worry you one bit.
You cheerleaders are the ones misleading these people. Person enter 42 and never still marry yet you couldn't chastise her that what was she looking when she was in her 20s. Yet you said trolls are depressed where did you get your facts from that trolls are depressed?

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

You're stupid. 2014 I was 40? Or you didn't read the part I said I was out of job? To show you don't have common sense at your age, you're calling me a thief. Did I steal from you?

You people think you can trash talk me? I ready for una. Jobless goat. Before you finished secondary school ( if you ever attended any) I have been working in insurance and finance companies and taking care of myself.

For your life you don buy shares? Do you know what it means to own shares with GTB and Nestle foods in the early 2000s at my age then? Where you dey by then?

If not for the bear market that affected the Nigerian stock exchange, wetin for make me dey ask him for money and even though, even though, is he not supposed to show me care?

ABEG GET OUT!
Aunty you sef be calming down naaa. Haba. Your blood too dey hot. Shuoooo.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Jewessgratitud3: 9:02pm On Oct 28, 2023
akpumping7720:

You cheerleaders are the ones misleading these people. Person enter 42 and never still marry yet you couldn't chastise her that what was she looking when she was in her 20s. Yet you said trolls are depressed where did you get your facts from that trolls are depressed?

Please shut up if have nothing reasonable to say.
So because you believe you'll run mad if you dont marry before a certain age everyone should share in your belief?

Look at people with dirty past crawling out to dish advice to someone better than them.

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
franchasofficia:
Whenever a guy or a girl feels he or she is too special and better than others to commit to anybody, they always end up miserably single for long if not forever.

Only fools find love.

People who sometimes allow themselves to be deceived end up having meaningful life than those who always overthink life and always on guard against being cheated or used by others.

I was brought up just like you, very strict family, them no born you well to keep a male friend to talk of a female friend while growing up. My only friends were my siblings and few cousins.

I lived a miserable life growing up and even missed amazing people I would have become friends and acquaintance with while I was thinking I was too good and far better than anybody else.

Until I unlearned some of the wrong things I was inculcated into while growing up as a child, I lived a very miserable life; found it hard to talk to girls, avoided girls, always too shy around girls and even guys. My only companion was my book, house chores and my siblings. But when I unlearned and started being open and allowing myself to mingle and sometimes be deceived by others, I began to grow in all ramifications of life and I became more street smart and to the glory of God I ended up a great man with great wife, amazing kids, awesome friends, quality life and more than what I asked from God.

The only thing giving me stress in life now is the useless Nigerian government that always keep me angry at most Nigerians and my new academic study (a cross I carried oh in the name of growing my academic qualifications for bragging rights angry ).

So op, you made a lot of mistakes, you had lots of things you should have done differently.

Your quick in breaking up is a curse you need to pray over and break out of if not lipsrsealed
Wish I can like this one million times.

We need to learn and unlearn.

Only fools find love

People who sometimes allow themselves to be deceived end up having meaningful life than those who always overthink life and always on guard against being cheated or used by others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ScamKiller(m): 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
Exponential! Insidiously exponential analysis.

casualobserver:

Exactly. This is just a self consolation epistle. The reality is that at 42, even if she wants to marry (which deep down she does). She will struggle to find a man.

Women should not deceive themselves. No 42yr old woman has “suitors”. A man going after a 42 yr old woman is not looking for marriage. At that age the men chasing you are either already married or want to marry a younger women or are divorced. At 42, it is a woman who does the “suiting”. At 42 the only option to find a man is to settle for what you turned down in your youth except this time you are the 2nd wife or side chick whereas you were the main chick in your youth.

It is unfortunate that by the time many women realize the realities of dating and matching, it is too late for them. Women do not find husbands like we like to say, men find wives and the age window for a woman to be “found” is limited.

Life lessons for women. A woman is like fresh fish in the market and a man is like the buyer. There is a limited period when the fish remains fresh and can command competition amongst buyers and the best price in the market. If the seller doesn’t strike a deal with a buyer within that period, by evening you will end up discounting the fish and still no buyers or forced to eat your fish yourself, give it out for free or throw them away. So when the fruit is still Fresh, if the price is reasonable you take it because tomorrow there will be new fresh fish and nobody wants your fish anymore. The difference between a woman and a man is that 1). The quality of your fish goes down by the minute 2) you have a limited period to strike a deal with a good buyer, whereas for a man if he goes to market and his money cannot buy good fish today, he can go home work harder and raise the money to buy good fish tomorrow.

The market seller (Women) should remember when their fish is fresh that they are not the only ones in the market with fish, so when you have fresh fish and have competition for your fish, you must strike a deal or else there may never get an opportunity to tell the fish, certainly if you don’t sell while it is fresh, if you manage to sell it will never be at the price you were offered when fresh and which you rejected. So coming after the market has closed with epistle nobody asked you for about how you like the taste of your fish is as they say story for the gods, everybody knows you are eating your fish because there are no buyers.

The problem with many mature women who are still marriable is that they are still pricing their fish at the same price as fresh fish. After 35 you can’t have the same expectations (price) as you had when you were 25. You didn’t get that price when it was fresh how do you expect to get the same price when it isn’t fresh and there is new stock of fresh fish in the market?

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by ademuyiwa20(f): 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
To get a man that doesn't cheat is extremely difficult or should I say impossible.They exist tho, but hardly will u get to see 5 of them if 100,000men are selected.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Please shut up if have nothing reasonable to say.
So because you believe you'll run mad if you dont marry before a certain age everyone should share in your belief?

Look at people with dirty past crawling out to dish advice to someone better than them.
Keep up with the insult. I'm not the first person you've insulted here and I'm very sure I won't be the last. You are doing yourself and not me.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Lanty01(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
WOMEN ACTUALLY BELIEVE THE LIES THEY TELL THEMSELVES

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
though I really don’t have nothing against u but my problem with u is that u present marriage as bad in majority of your post

If u ain’t posting about your cousins troubled marriage today u are busy talking down on marriage on another thread

Stop talking down on marriage madam
Person wey dey ment. She's looking for circumstances to console her condition.

3 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by 1Sharon(f): 9:41pm On Oct 28, 2023
akpumping7720:
Mama and papa will give birth to a beautiful girl and hoping that one day they will see their grandchildren but alas pride, ego and feminism will show face and start pushing you into the wrong direction.
Your write up is filled with ego, pride, impatience and oversabi which is very tantamount among old single ladies.
There is a lady I know who is still single till now. She refused to marry the guy that has been disturbing her for marriage thinking that the guy is a boy boy because of the way he dresses not knowing that he is the CEO of his wine stores and has a lexus jeep. As the babe no gree my guy married another beautiful lady and aunty shakara ended up being the man's child classteacher.

If a woman dresses like a LovePeddler but is a good person, would you take her seriously? undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2023
1Sharon:

If a woman dresses like a LovePeddler but is a good person, would you take her seriously? undecided
Please don't get me wrong, the man doesn't dress like a lout he loves dressing casually.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by 1Sharon(f): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
akpumping7720:

Please don't get me wrong, the man doesn't dress like a lout he loves dressing casually.

Exactly. Dress how you want to be addressed.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Exactly. Dress how you want to be addressed.
Dey play. So everybody must always be dressing like Omo Baba olowo. Go check out the owner of Twins Faja stores. Some people just love to be simple
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Luu40: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
Your story was very touching. I read through all the details - judging by your account of events, men have dribbled you too much. And I'm sorry for all that happened to you.

I understand many men of the place you find yourself aren't faithful to their partners, and also shun polygamy as Muslims do. Still, I urge you not to falter and don't get tired. Find it in your heart to accommodate someone and love them, and get married. Whether you can still have a baby or not, marriage is what is most important.

Even if the person isn't as financially stable as you are, as long as you love him, kindly give him a chance and even marry him. Sometimes we have to love some people not because of their pockets, but because we need to spend our life with them. Please.

I'm a Muslim man from Kebbi State, 30 in a few days to come. I don't want to exceed 30 years before getting married. I'm also about to get engaged to a lady whose family ia richer than mine.

Kindly give yourself another chance, and don't lose hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by 1Sharon(f): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
akpumping7720:

Dey play. So everybody must always be dressing like Omo Baba olowo. Go check out the owner of Twins Faja stores. Some people just love to be simple

Keep the same energy when you see women dressed anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Godwin4444: 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
akpumping7720:

Person wey dey ment. She's looking for circumstances to console her condition.
u wicked ooo
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Ajibade123(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
If it doesn't bother you, you won't be writing plenty episodes like this tbh

2 Likes

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
1Sharon:

Keep the same energy when you see women dressed anyhow.
Babe you just dey confuse yourself. Women dressed anyhow bawo? I said person no dey dress like lout just simple dressing is that not different from when the opposite sex dresses like a prostitute. Don't we have women who loves simple dressing also and don't do heavy make-up?

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by akpumping7720(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
u wicked ooo
Baba no be so jare. I'm not a perfect person ooo but I hate when people use their hand they do themselves and people will still be redirecting them but their folly will continue to redirect them. Person dey mid 20 never know wetin she wan take her life do and she open her kokoro eye down till she enter 40 plus no be JuJu be that?
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by cuffee: 10:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Offpoint1:

I'm not interested about the world "moving forward or backwards' neither am I interested 'America or Africa" mentality.

I'm interested in nature and the truth, your very existence today right now typing this is because, someone hard natural sex and give birth to a human child.

The most grievous sins against nature is killing and refusing to reproduce.
what is nature doing about gays
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by YesDaddy1: 10:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
Ensa777:
It is only when you are in marriage that you notice it's much more work than being single.

I dey like live my life on my terms but marriage has and is still bending me. angry My partner dey hear am too.
Sometimes when I watch those dancing on Saturdays to officially enter it,I just dey SMH.

If not for home training ,I just want to have 2 kids and travel the world without someone always asking me"What of the kids?" Each time I pack for a conference or training or telling me "we need to try for a girl."cool
I want to spend time conducting researches.
I want to make money and be a great aunt!
To read again the way I used to.The way I used to be in solitude and immerse myself in books.Chai!
Nigerian men are stressful grin,they will find a way to gaslight you even when they are seeing pepper in their own grin

Jewessgratitude,I hope you live your happiness,whether married or not.
Nice epistle!
After all said and done, will you like to trade places with her....or this is another typical female 'go gurl' cheering/egging on?

Just axkin!
cool
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by cuffee: 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
siofra:
I don't know why but your story is hilarious
no way. I'm gonna make sure i fùck you and get you pregnant. You bear a son and he will take after me

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

My Son Attempting To Put On A Small Generator / Things You Should Never Say To Your Partner During A Fight / Can You Relate With This ? Share Your Experience ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.