Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 (49969 Views)

My 43yrs Old Uncle Is Rich But Still Single / He Is 35 And Still Single / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Delightsome2023: 5:50pm On Mar 18
Kobojunkie:
So because she no wan old for her papa house, she suppose go jump into marriage with some dingbat and maybe end up booted in the chest to death like Osinachi abi? undecided

2. Menopause is knocking so she should then go have children she has no means to feed and maybe end up needing to sell them to get by.

What is wrong with your head for Pete's sake? Leave her alone make she sort her self and situation out as best fits her case. Go see all the many widows and women abandoned in marriage by their many husbands and tell you how the same old age better for them, and their children wey dem no fit care for. undecided
you're saying this because you probably have a giant diLd0 you shove up your pussy and ass to satisfy you whenever you get h0rny. That's why marriage is the last thing on your mind. But the pains, frustration and bitterness is clearly written over there as you can't deny the truth that you're going to die lonely and childless.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Mar 18
Delightsome2023:
■ you're saying this because you probably have a giant diLd0 you shove up your pussy and ass to satisfy you whenever you get h0rny. That's why marriage is the last thing on your mind. But the pains, frustration and bitterness is clearly written over there as you can't deny the truth that you're going to die lonely and childless.
Use your brain from time to time abeg! Does the having of a Love Machine abi wetin you dey mean to change the condition of the widowed women with so many children they cannot feed? Does the having of a Love Machine make better the condition of the woman abandoned in marriage, many of them forced to raise their kids in the end right in their own father's house? Whoever do una this thing no mean una better abeg! Na Love Machine go feed them and their many children? Na Love Machine go help them raise their kids to realize their place in life as humans who have rights like everyone else and not abandoned elements in society? undecided

When some of those same women end up killing themselves ou of depression, I bet people like you will be there to "Oooh and Arrgh!" over how miserable and lonely their state turned out, forgetting say na una equally tell them say na only people wey no marry dey end up lonely and seemingly childless. Na una, always speaking out of both sides of una mouth. lipsrsealed

Marriage should be the last thing on the mind of anyone who knows he/she is not ready for the responsibilities and the work required to make it work if it falls through. Marriage should not be engaged in by those who aren't even able to take care of themselves first. Marriage should be only for those who are mentally and physically able to handle the stresses and responsibilities it brings. That is common sense! Start engaging your medulla Oblongata so e go fit pay dividends. lipsrsealed
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:04am On Mar 20
Chikarata2020:
From ur write up, I can say u are a very egoistic person. Most men that are stable bachelor's, who want to marry don't just date a single lady b4 they marry. They choose from a pool of options available. U don't just crash out of a relationship bcs ur man is double dating, rather u fight to win him for your self. Time Wait's for no man sad
will the man also fight to win her to himself considering there are 101 suitors for a woman but only one will have it at the end?
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:09am On Mar 20
CandyOps:
Do what makes you happy. This is one of the side effects of religion and a wrong database installed.

Your dad and religion feed you wrong data which you installed in your psyche all through your upbringing.

This led to a fictitious expectation from men.
The African Traditional culture in Nigeria teaches women that a man can take more than 1 wife Nd love them both equally.

Just be happy. Also remember that when everyone is old the only person wholly remain by your side is your own family.

Naija is not like Yankee where government takes care of the old.

Having your own family company is overrated while young but what happens when you're old?

What happens when you're old during Xmas holidays and Sallah and all your current family has gone to stay with their kids? Or grand ones?

Staying with them is an option but also extra burden except you guys have a well-to-do family circle and can afford the space and they are married within the same location you stay.

So it's easier to visit without travelling. Just plan it well. Olisa gi dube gi 🙏
premarital sex is a NO NO even as a guy not to talk of ladies. Many ladies had become single mothers as a result of premarital sex because the guy responsible isn't financial bouyant yet for marriage, while some denied it. A sensible lady will close her leg till marriage. Only guys that truly want her will go for her till the end
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:29am On Mar 20
CandyOps:

Your head dey game. I blame the picture that was painted in her head from childhood by both her dad and religion. Besides religion relates sex to sin outside marriage.

Which is wrong
it is not wrong. Premarital sex is not only a sin but wrong. If you know the numbers of women that has become a single mother as a result of premarital sex then you'd realized the consequences. How many average Nigerian men and women understand and know how to play safe sex today? And for the fact that women will be at the recieving end, it is the best decision to take as a woman by saying NO to premarital sex

1 Like

Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:37am On Mar 20
Offpoint1:

A woman who has not given birth before menopause is useless to NATURE and have zero contributions to the sustainability of human race.

This sound cruel, but that's the truth... And it's applicable to men without offsprings too.
The greatest men that we still worship them till this very moment do not have children nor married. Infact they are known by their value. So sad one woman will end up with you and have children who reason like you. Chai!!
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Mar 20
Villa12:
■ it is not wrong. Premarital sex is not only a sin but wrong. If you know the numbers of women that has become a single mother as a result of premarital sex then you'd realized the consequences. How many average Nigerian men and women understand and know how to play safe sex today?
■ And for the fact that women will be at the recieving end, it is the best decision to take as a woman by saying NO to premarital sex
What you described clearly indicate that what is wrong isn't premarital sex but ignorance on the part of those women of the birhcontrol methods that could easily help them sure against those pregnancies while engaging in premarital sex like their men folk. If many of these people are educated from childhood on safe sex practices, you wouldn't be here confusing on issue with the other. undecided

2. She is only at at receving end if she refuses to practice safesex and/or is ignorant of birth control methods available, some even for free, to even her. undecided
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:51am On Mar 20
jaksmillioniar:
I think like u wen I was young wen not married. U have a baby brain.wen I born I knew dat dat was my biggest achivement in life d best thing dat happen to me.wen u marry u will understand children are gift
having children isn't the biggest gift in life. Nigeria has children littered all over the streets begging to feed, sleeping under the bridge, sleeping outside with no roof over their heads, millions of out of school children, malnourished children et al. Thé best gift of life are not found in such sad situation. The greatest people on earth today are not remembered because they have a child. You can make your research. I am not saying having children isn't good expecially if you have the resources to take care of them but having a child is never and can never be the greatest gift of life.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:54am On Mar 20
worksmart:
It is arguably our purpose on this earth. Your children are a rout to immortality in this world.
LoL

You really need to unlearn, learn and relearn.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 3:04am On Mar 20
captaininiobong:
I think one thing the church is failing to do is grooming young minds towards marriage. They are always after sin and fornication but forget to groom the young minds who are coming up to build them for better mindset and marriage. If you had one, I am sure you would have planned your life better. Marriage is actually good. Don't tell me you spent the years a celebrate or something.
so you expect her to be sleeping with men all in the name of i want to marry ba?
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 3:09am On Mar 20
Offpoint1:

You were not put on earth to adopt, your primary reason of being here is to birth... There's no sustainability of the human race with adoption.
truly your Monika was right.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Offpoint1: 6:10am On Mar 20
Villa12:
The greatest men that we still worship them till this very moment do not have children nor married. Infact they are known by their value. So sad one woman will end up with you and have children who reason like you. Chai!!
I understand your pain, truth has always hurt and it'll always hurt. Remember truth is fact, it doesn't change and can be proven.

I'm a realist, our duty is to CONSTANTLY feed you guys the truth.

Your great you mentioned were BIRTH, they didn't fall from the sky. Read to understand.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 6:33am On Mar 20
Offpoint1:

I understand your pain, truth has always hurt and it'll always hurt. Remember truth is fact, it doesn't change and can be proven.

I'm a realist, our duty is to CONSTANTLY feed you guys the truth.

Your great you mentioned were BIRTH, they didn't fall from the sky. Read to understand.
who know your father in the scheme of things in just Nigeria alone? At the mention of your father name how many door will open? Your father gave birth to you right? What impact does that has just only in Nigeria or at the LG level? Those great men/women that we still worship till date and doesn't have children didn't ask their parents to give birth to them reason why they chose not to have children. Life is a choice. It's their parents choice to give birth to them. It's also their choice to or not to give birth. Also remember you don't have a say or choice to choose if you will be birth, the country, place and family you will be birth to, you only growup and met yourself there. It's obviously beyond their power but they have the power to make if they want to give birth or not. I understand you're only ignorance and probably had been fed with false believe by your parents..
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Offpoint1: 6:47am On Mar 20
Villa12:
who know your father in the scheme of things in just Nigeria alone? At the mention of your father name how many door will open? Your father gave birth to you right? What impact does that has just only in Nigeria or at the LG level? Those great men/women that we still worship till date and doesn't have children didn't ask their parents to give birth to them reason why they chose not to have children. Life is a choice. It's their parents choice to give birth to them. It's also their choice to or not to give birth. Also remember you don't have a say or choice to choose if you will be birth, the country, place and family you will be birth to, you only growup and met yourself there. It's obviously beyond their power but they have the power to make if they want to give birth or not. I understand you're only ignorance and probably had been fed with false believe by your parents..
When fact is presented to an ignorance mind, he/she can't deal with it. The next line of action is INSULT as a weak form of defense.

Do not derail from my very first comment, which was about sustainability of the human race. I'm not or was not talking about human achievements... Read and understand.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20
Offpoint1:

When fact is presented to an ignorance mind, he/she can't deal with it. The next line of action is INSULT as a weak form of defense.

Do not derail from my very first comment, which was about sustainability of the human race. I'm not or was not talking about human achievements... Read and understand.
please point at where i insulted you? The great men/women that we worship till date didn't have children and their names exist till eternity. At the mention of their names by their family members doors will open. Then i asked you what impact or which door will you or your father's name open because they gave birth to you and you also gave birth to someone. Please where is the insult? I understand the truth hurts but please point at any insult on my comments to you?

If don't know if you're a Christian, Muslim or athiest, but if you read your Bible or quoran, you'd understand that being celibate without getting married nor having kids was also recommended by God. You can marry if you want and also you can chose to remain chase and not get married. Also, the primary purpose of marriage isn't for child bearing but companionship.

Moreover, what will you talk about those that got married but didn't have children? What about those that have children but lost them all to accident, sickness, unforeseen circumstances et al ?

You had been fed and being brainwashed by your forebears. I understand
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Offpoint1: 3:17pm On Mar 20
Villa12:
please point at where i insulted you? The great men/women that we worship till date didn't have children and their names exist till eternity. At the mention of their names by their family members doors will open. Then i asked you what impact or which door will you or your father's name open because they gave birth to you and you also gave birth to someone. Please where is the insult? I understand the truth hurts but please point at any insult on my comments to you?

If don't know if you're a Christian, Muslim or athiest, but if you read your Bible or quoran, you'd understand that being celibate without getting married nor having kids was also recommended by God. You can marry if you want and also you can chose to remain chase and not get married. Also, the primary purpose of marriage isn't for child bearing but companionship.

Moreover, what will you talk about those that got married but didn't have children? What about those that have children but lost them all to accident, sickness, unforeseen circumstances et al ?

You had been fed and being brainwashed by your forebears. I understand
The goal post you're shifting does no good.

The point was about human sustainability, the first item on the list Is FOOD/WATER, SEX follow by BIRTH. Take these out and human existence ends.

Talking about religion, the first command God biblically ever given man was to POPULATE the earth.
Re: Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42 by Villa12(m): 3:48pm On Mar 20
Offpoint1:

The goal post you're shifting does no good.

The point was about human sustainability, the first item on the list Is FOOD/WATER, SEX follow by BIRTH. Take these out and human existence ends.

Talking about religion, the first command God biblically ever given man was to POPULATE the earth.
Paul, Jesus Christ and some other great and anointed name mentioned in Bible didn't got married nor have kids. Do Christ existence end? Are we not calling his name in prayers? Do paul existence end? Are we not reading his life history and impact he made till date? So also other great men/women i was talking about without marriage and kids and their names still ring bells till date.

The earlier you know that you're in no way better than those who do not have kids the better for you. There are so many unhappy marriages with children, likewise there are many happy single persons that chose to practice celibacy. It's a choice. What makes you happy and fulfilled as a man may differ from mine.

I do not even bear my father's name as surname. I'm bearing his grandfathers name. No child bear his father's name and his father is long dead, no child bear his own name. We all bear his grandfathers name. So what's the fuss about being inexistent? There are many people name we could remember today not because they have children but because of their impact on earth. Humanity will never forget them till eternity, from generation to generation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / Three Kids Abandoned As Husband, Wife Were Sent To Prisons In Lagos (pic) / Muslim Dad Tries Killing Daughter Who Got Pregnant For Christian Boy In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.