Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,225 members, 7,853,187 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:17 PM

FG Moves To Securitise NLNG Dividends For $7bn Cash - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Securitise NLNG Dividends For $7bn Cash (10949 Views)

FG Moves To End DSTV's Monopoly, Says Multichoice Is Cheating Nigerians / Unauthorized Withdrawal Of NLNG Dividends: NNPC Insists On Full Disclosure / Ekiti Election: 'FG Moves N18bn Cash Through Akure Airport' - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: FG Moves To Securitise NLNG Dividends For $7bn Cash by BreconHills(m): 5:40am On Dec 01, 2023
Gilgil:
Why would I want to bury my country.

It's not everyone that says the stark truth that hates their country, rather those who see it but don't want to accept it perhaps to continue the deceit.

Listen, see the picture in simple terms. What is Nigeria's competitive advantage to prevent it from being done?

Is it highly capable educated and skilled populace? Naaa, the ones you have all japaed and the ones japaing now are the mod-rsnge.

Is it a highly sophisticated finance sector that drive the region, like Lonfon, Singaporr, New York? Naaa

Is it a Healthcare and Technology City State like Dubai, Saudi are massively building?

Is it an Energy hub? Naaa, By 2030, Fossil fuels though relevant will not significantly drive Nigeria far enough as Europe, Asia and LATAM develop renewables with fossil fuels in the mix, thereby dropping the pricing for it.

Is it advanced infrastructure? We still can't transmit more than 3,500MW for over 200M people. No connected rail track and waterways. Ships bringing in huge imports leave empty making Nigeria 5x more expensive to ship to than Benin Republic.

We can go on and on wirh our burgeoning debt, insecurity, disunity, mismanagement ,poverty, thuggery, etc.

Just ait down and honestly ask yourself from 2011 to date how the various KPIs for standard of living are performing in a graph. Check the UN benchmarks for standard of living.

Is

What does Nigeria have to offer that the world doesn't have? Gas?

Thank you. You've obviously thought this through. I think though that you have answered it yourself. What does Nigeria have?

It's people.

Their drive, their enthusiasm, intelligence and never say die attitutude. All these things were birthed in thr furnace.

Yes they have japa'd but the economy, any economy in Africa was unlikely to have satisfied them. But Japa does not mean they are lost to their families and nation. India used wholesale Japa to turn itself into a global tech giant. Today Indian CEO's are represented strongly in the fortune 100. Domestic tech is meeting the needs of a large population because large populations demand change at scale.

Nigeria was until recent on the path of Russia - a country for oligarchs by oligarchs. Now it is on the path of India. Home remittances have outstripped commodity and fossil sales. Its culture and music is celebrated all over the world. The best space defence in Africa ( yes I said it) and the preferred start up destination in Africa by deal size.

Like India, Nigeria will be a place of contradictions. The slums of Lagos and New Dehli will stand side by side with advances in technology and global CEO's. Rapacious religious practices will walk side by side with cutting edge philosophy and thought.

And so this is the thing. We will all see the country we wish to see. That's what contradictions do.

Look at the heads of the MDG and the senior SA's around the President. Look at the average age of the ministers and you will see that the age of the oligarch has gone.

Contradictions yes. Two different things can exist in the same space.

I have never been as confident as I am now. Not because of a personality eg the president but rather because of the flow of our history. It has changed. For those who can see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crack Among PDP Senators Over Plan To Alter Minority Leadership Posts / Kano Governorship Election Tribunal Judgement: Security Beefed Up In The State / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.