Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here (321 Views)

Is God And Jesus Dwelling On The Same Body? / Athiest, Stop Dwelling On One Side Of The Mountain / Is God Truly Dwelling In Your Heart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 1:55am On Oct 28, 2023
Still talking on:

[Daniel 2:46 FBV] — Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell down before Daniel and woshipped him, and ordered offerings of grain and incense to be made to him.

Daniel was still used to receiving worship from them. Infact, Daniel was called "Belteshazzar" which was a Babylonian name that meant Daniel was a god or something like that. Paul and Barnabas declined being called "Zeus" (Mercury) or Hermes (Jupiter) [Acts 14:11‭-‬18]. Did Daniel declined being called "Belteshazzar?"

If you want me to show from another man of God who restrained an authority or people from worshiping him as God, for great divinity displayed by the man of God, then here was Peter restraining Cornelius from worshiping him. As it is written,

[Acts 10:25-26] — "And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man."

It is part of the spirit of antichrist for a man of God to be receiving worship, titles or offerings, that implies he's no more a man but a god or divine (2 Thessalonians 2:4). No matter how much "Man of God" you are, remain a son of man for you are still mortal; and even if you are children of God, still maintain being children of man even as Peter told Cornelius he's just a man.

[Ezekiel 28:9 ICB] — While they are killing you, you will not be able to say anymore, “I am a god.” You will be only a man, not a god, when your murderers kill you.

[Psalms 82:6-7] — "I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

Daniel was a man of excellent spirit and character: He refused to defile himself with the king's food and the wine the king drank, but he did not refuse the king's worship, oblation sacrifice and name after a Babylonian god. Though this was not a big deal in their days before the advent of Christ Jesus, especially considering that God even made Moses a god to Pharaoh and Aaron his prophet. In our days, no man of God should accept it.

Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Westerhoffe(m): 5:06am On Oct 28, 2023
Be wasting your precious time on a man that is currently shining in the glory of GOD, you hear?
Don't work out your own salvation.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Janosky: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2023
Nobody ever Worshipped Daniel.

Please don't allow that mistranslation you quoted to DECEIVE YOU.

This is the correct rendition of Daniel 2:46
English Standard Version
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face and paid homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him.

Berean Standard Bible
At this, King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, paid homage to Daniel, and ordered that an offering of incense be presented to him"
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Dtruthspeaker: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
Daniels undoing?

One who God called perfect?

Many are mad and browsing.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Be wasting your precious time on a man that is currently shining in the glory of GOD, you hear?
Don't work out your own salvation.

I'm not wasting time on Daniel in glory, but to teach you and others to not receive worship or glory from men but for the Lord God.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
Janosky:
Nobody ever Worshipped Daniel.

Please don't allow that mistranslation you quoted to DECEIVE YOU.

This is the correct rendition of Daniel 2:46
English Standard Version
"Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face and paid homage to Daniel, and commanded that an offering and incense be offered up to him.

Berean Standard Bible
At this, King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, paid homage to Daniel, and ordered that an offering of incense be presented to him"

The same was used for Cornelius in the attempt of worshiping Peter, and for those who were in the attempt of worshiping Paul and Barnabas.

Many still do not know the line between Honoring someone and worshiping the person.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
Damiels undoing?

One who God called perfect?

Many are mad and browsing.

Daniel was perfect in his generation, but imperfect in our generation. Some of the excellence he had then would not have suffice in this era. I'm showing you these to know how much serious these times are after the Lord Jesus Christ brought true realities.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Janosky: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2023
PCHC:

The same was used for Cornelius in the attempt of worshiping Peter, and for those who were in the attempt of worshiping Paul and Barnabas.

Many still do not know the line between Honoring someone and worshiping the person.

Is the instruction of Matthew 4:10 in your Bible?

This message was also repeated to John by an angel in the book of Revelation.

The correct rendition is pay homage (see the screenshot evidence).

Abeg you,Worship no man.

1 Like

Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Westerhoffe(m): 5:02am On Oct 29, 2023
PCHC:

I'm not wasting time on Daniel in glory, but to teach you and others to not receive worship or glory from men but for the Lord God.

I have a post on that already years ago.
I also titled it, "Do Not Let Men Worship You."

But yours calling it "Daniel's Undoing" is quite out of proportion, it's incorrect.
People bow before kings in those days as a sign of respect.

King Nebuchadnezzar did not do that to Daniel, but to the "Excellent Spirits of the "Holy GOD" in him.
He no longer see Daniel as an ordinary human. He has his own experiences with the Supreme GOD of Daniel and he was humbled.

King Nebuchadnezzar never knew the GOD of Heaven until after the visions came true. And was there any record of him bowing to Daneil again after then?
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 6:48am On Oct 29, 2023
Janosky:

Is the instruction of Matthew 4:10 in your Bible?

This message was also repeated to John by an angel in the book of Revelation.

The correct rendition is pay homage (see the screenshot evidence).

Abeg you,Worship no man.

I don't know how you judged the bible translations that used "worship" as mistranslation of the act, and then those that used homage or honor as the true translation.

He did not just fall on his knees, but on his face to Daniel; and he commanded ritual or sacrifice of Incense to be made to Daniel as oblation of sweet smelling favor. If this is not an act of worship, please teach me what an act of worshiping a god entails that is not here. Besides, incense signifies divinity; and the king usually called Daniel, Belteshazzar.

If the king was paying homage to Daniel, then as soon as the king saw Daniel he should have bowed down to Daniel. Why was he about to kill all the wise men including Daniel, and waited until Daniel did what was supernatural before he remembered to pay homage. It's like the Disciples were the Lord Jesus Christ in the ship that was about to sink, and they woke the Lord Jesus who went on to calm the storm by supernatural way; and suddenly they remembered to pay homage to Jesus (not worship Jesus according to your understanding).

That picture portrait you showed indicates the children paid homage to their parents or elders; and that's as soon as they see the elders first as greetings. Not when they are already interacting with the elders and sitting for a while, and then the elders did something supernatural or miraculous that made the children to bow on their face, not just on their knees, in reaction to a supernatural powers or miracle they have never seen or heard; ascribing glory to the elders and you call that homage.

Homage or honor is like greeting, which usually comes first as soon as a man offering it meets or sees the man he's honoring or greeting. Worship implies the worshiper saw or sensed divinity or supernatural powers or uncommon grace, it involves giving or submitting oneself to the one being worshipped.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 7:22am On Oct 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I have a post on that already years ago.
I also titled it, "Do Not Let Men Worship You."

But yours calling it "Daniel's Undoing" is quite out of proportion, it's incorrect.
People bow before kings in those days as a sign of respect.

King Nebuchadnezzar did not do that to Daniel, but to the "Excellent Spirits of the "Holy GOD" in him.
He no longer see Daniel as an ordinary human. He has his own experiences with the Supreme GOD of Daniel and he was humbled.

King Nebuchadnezzar never knew the GOD of Heaven until after the visions came true. And was there any record of him bowing to Daneil again after then?

You could have written that topic before without fully understanding the scopes, ramifications and applications, of them. Daniel's undoing is real, and thus correct. It's your judgment of it that's incorrect.

Bowing down as a sign of respect is not the issue, but bowing down as a sign of worship is. There was nothing Daniel had for such a king to respect him that way, but there was something Daniel did for such a king to worship him in that way. Do you know the difference between Respect and Divinity?

If the king worshiping Daniel was only bowing to the excellent spirit inside Daniel, then Cornelius worshiping Peter was bowing to the Holy Spirit inside Peter or the people of Lystra worshiping Paul and Barnabas were bowing down to the Holy Spirit inside Paul and Barnabas. Then you should have written a post, "Do not worship man" because those worshiping men are bowing or connecting to the spirits or anointing inside those men.

That's the point, not seeing Daniel as ordinary man is the foundation of the idolizing of Daniel resulting in worshiping Daniel. No matter how much a man of God walks in power of God, he must remain as ordinary man or earthen vessel before men so that the excellency will be attributed to God and not to the man.

The point of "Daniel's undoing" then was that with all such supernatural revelation, he could not convert that king from worshiping other gods though the king confessed of a truth your God is the God of gods. After this encounter with Daniel, the king still made an image of gold and commanded all men to worship (pay homage) to the image of gold at the sound of music notes. It was failure of Daniel that resulted in the king increasing in idolatry: for how could Daniel have the boldness of Preaching the king should not worship any other gods except the God of heaven when Daniel himself received and benefitted from the king's worshiping him or bowing to the excellent Spirits inside Daniel, without Daniel restraining him as Peter or Paul did?

So God had to turn Nebuchadnezzar into a beast for seven years before he finally came to worship God. Kindly read my next post titled, "Is this true conversion or mere accolades?"
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Westerhoffe(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2023
PCHC:

You could have written that topic before without fully understanding the scopes, ramifications and applications, of them. Daniel's undoing is real, and thus correct. It's your judgment of it that's incorrect.

Bowing down as a sign of respect is not the issue, but bowing down as a sign of worship is. There was nothing Daniel had for such a king to respect him that way, but there was something Daniel did for such a king to worship him in that way. Do you know the difference between Respect and Divinity?

If the king worshiping Daniel was only bowing to the excellent spirit inside Daniel, then Cornelius worshiping Peter was bowing to the Holy Spirit inside Peter or the people of Lystra worshiping Paul and Barnabas were bowing down to the Holy Spirit inside Paul and Barnabas. Then you should have written a post, "Do not worship man" because those worshiping men are bowing or connecting to the spirits or anointing inside those men.

That's the point, not seeing Daniel as ordinary man is the foundation of the idolizing of Daniel resulting in worshiping Daniel. No matter how much a man of God walks in power of God, he must remain as ordinary man or earthen vessel before men so that the excellency will be attributed to God and not to the man.

The point of "Daniel's undoing" then was that with all such supernatural revelation, he could not convert that king from worshiping other gods though the king confessed of a truth your God is the God of gods. After this encounter with Daniel, the king still made an image of gold and commanded all men to worship (pay homage) to the image of gold at the sound of music notes. It was failure of Daniel that resulted in the king increasing in idolatry: for how could Daniel have the boldness of Preaching the king should not worship any other gods except the God of heaven when Daniel himself received and benefitted from the king's worshiping him or bowing to the excellent Spirits inside Daniel, without Daniel restraining him as Peter or Paul did?

So God had to turn Nebuchadnezzar into a beast for seven years before he finally came to worship God. Kindly read my next post titled, "Is this true conversion or mere accolades?"

It's quite amusing you still insist on this.
OK…
Daniel saw, conversed spoke and talked to several Angels of GOD several times,
was there any record anywhere where he was rebuked or reprimanded by the Angels of GOD for what you call his undoing?

Or do you need the dictionary to know the meaning of "Undoing"?

undoing
uk /ʌnˈduː.ɪŋ/ us /ʌnˈduː.ɪŋ/
Etymology 1
From Middle English undoinge, undoynge, ondoynge; equivalent to undo +‎ -ing.

Noun
undoing (plural undoings)

The act of loosening or unfastening
Ruin; defeat, (also) that which causes defeat or ruin.

Mr, leave Daniel alone, a man who is currently in the rest of GOD and use these spaces to propagate the Gospel of Salvation.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:

It's quite amusing you still insist on this.
OK…
Daniel saw, conversed spoke and talked to several Angels of GOD several times,
was there any record anywhere where he was rebuked or reprimanded by the Angels of GOD for what you call his undoing?

Or do you need the dictionary to know the meaning of "Undoing"?

undoing
uk /ʌnˈduː.ɪŋ/ us /ʌnˈduː.ɪŋ/
Etymology 1
From Middle English undoinge, undoynge, ondoynge; equivalent to undo +‎ -ing.

Noun
undoing (plural undoings)

The act of loosening or unfastening
Ruin; defeat, (also) that which causes defeat or ruin.

Mr, leave Daniel alone, a man who is currently in the rest of GOD and use these spaces to propagate the Gospel of Salvation.

Bros, the word "Undoing" also means things you should have done but failed to do, or simply "Negligence." Daniel's undoing was not restraining the king and the rituals from worshiping him, and redirecting them to worship only God, and thereby convert Babylon by converting the king instead of just gaining glory and promotion from them. If you think I should close my eyes to this undoing of Daniel and simply pretend it never happened or not important to us because Daniel is resting with the Lord God in heaven then you don't understand my ministry. Both past and present shall come to light of judgment: for God judges both the living and the dead.

I'm not sent to preach the gospel of Salvation, but to preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God. It's part of preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God that I upheld only God be worshipped and no man of God should be worshipped or called "Father in the Lord."
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Westerhoffe(m): 5:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
PCHC:

Bros, the word "Undoing" also means things you should have done but failed to do, or simply "Negligence." Daniel's undoing was not restraining the king and the rituals from worshiping him, and redirecting them to worship only God, and thereby convert Babylon by converting the king instead of just gaining glory and promotion from them. If you think I should close my eyes to this undoing of Daniel and simply pretend it never happened or not important to us because Daniel is resting with the Lord God in heaven then you don't understand my ministry. Both past and present shall come to light of judgment: for God judges both the living and the dead.

I'm not sent to preach the gospel of Salvation, but to preach the gospel of the Kingdom of God. It's part of preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God that I upheld only God be worshipped and no man of God should be worshipped or called "Father in the Lord."

You're still getting it twisted here…
Leave Daniel alone Mr… preach JESUS CHRIST the Risen.

But on the Gospel of Salvation and the Gospel of the Kingdom of GOD, do you really understand what you're saying at all?
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:

You're still getting it twisted here…
Leave Daniel alone Mr… preach JESUS CHRIST the Risen.

But on the Gospel of Salvation and the Gospel of the Kingdom of GOD, do you really understand what you're saying at all?

[Proverbs 29:9] — "If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest."
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Westerhoffe(m): 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
PCHC:

[Proverbs 29:9] — "If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest."

Thanks for that, wise man.

“Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.”
— Proverbs 9:9 (KJV)

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”
— Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)

“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
— Proverbs 3:5 (KJV)
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Janosky: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
PCHC:

I don't know how you judged the bible translations that used "worship" as mistranslation of the act, and then those that used homage or honor as the true translation.

He did not just fall on his knees, but on his face to Daniel; and he commanded ritual or sacrifice of Incense to be made to Daniel as oblation of sweet smelling favor. If this is not an act of worship, please teach me what an act of worshiping a god entails that is not here. Besides, incense signifies divinity; and the king usually called Daniel, Belteshazzar.

If the king was paying homage to Daniel, then as soon as the king saw Daniel he should have bowed down to Daniel. Why was he about to kill all the wise men including Daniel, and waited until Daniel did what was supernatural before he remembered to pay homage. It's like the Disciples were the Lord Jesus Christ in the ship that was about to sink, and they woke the Lord Jesus who went on to calm the storm by supernatural way; and suddenly they remembered to pay homage to Jesus (not worship Jesus according to your understanding).

That picture portrait you showed indicates the children paid homage to their parents or elders; and that's as soon as they see the elders first as greetings. Not when they are already interacting with the elders and sitting for a while, and then the elders did something supernatural or miraculous that made the children to bow on their face, not just on their knees, in reaction to a supernatural powers or miracle they have never seen or heard; ascribing glory to the elders and you call that homage.

Homage or honor is like greeting, which usually comes first as soon as a man offering it meets or sees the man he's honoring or greeting. Worship implies the worshiper saw or sensed divinity or supernatural powers or uncommon grace, it involves giving or submitting oneself to the one being worshipped.

Have you read Daniel 2:46-49?
Textus Receptus bible translations are filled with errors.

Is Daniel your own God?

Read the screenshots and form your own opinion.

It doesn't change the Bible truth:
Nobody Worshipped Daniel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Dtruthspeaker: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
PCHC:

Did Daniel ask anyone to worship him?

You are wrong for using Daniel to make this thread because Daniel did not solicit anyone's worship. Clearly, it was God Who raised him up to be honoured even by a King himself just as Saul and David and Solomon were so honoured and praised.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Did Daniel ask anyone to worship him?

You are wrong for using Daniel to make this thread because Daniel did not solicit anyone's worship. Clearly, it was God Who raised him up to be honoured even by a King himself just as Saul and David and Solomon were so honoured and praised.

Neither did Paul and Barnabas solicit anyone to worship them, nor did Peter solicit Cornelius to worship him; yet these men of God restrained or forbade those trying to worship them from do so, and they redirected worship to God. This Daniel failed to do.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by elated177: 11:00am On Nov 01, 2023
PCHC is never going to admit that he is in error. You are in error, PCHC, and shouldn't even have opened this kind of thread. Everyone, even Janosky, has tried to make you see your error and you have refused to do so.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by elated177: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2023
Daniel 2:27 Daniel replied, “No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, 28 but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come. Your dream and the visions that passed through your mind as you were lying in bed are these:

Did you see the italicized portion?
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by Dtruthspeaker: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2023
PCHC:

Neither did Paul and Barnabas solicit anyone to worship them, nor did Peter solicit Cornelius to worship him; yet these men of God restrained or forbade those trying to worship them from do so, and they redirected worship to God. This Daniel failed to do.

The topic is not Paul and Barbabas or Peter, so off point.

And the point is Daniel did not do any wrong nor did God Who Saw everything, Say that He did. Therefore it is most wrong and defamatory of him for you 2000plus years later to judge him saying that he did when even God, The Judge, Who Judged him, did not find anything wrong.

You are blaspheming (defaming) and Falsely Accusing Daniel, so you are the one sinning and doing an evil to him which every one here is telling you.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by PCHC(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You are blaspheming (defaming) and Falsely Accusing Daniel, so you are the one sinning and doing an evil to him which every one here is telling you.

Apologies for making people see it as if I am defaming Daniel. My intent remained to expose the content in "Daniel 2:46," and to other related scriptures to interpret scriptures. I only brought up Paul and Barnabas and Peter and the Angel in Revelation 19, because they too were about to be worshipped by men who saw their divine revelation or divinity of God displayed through them. And compared to how they each restrained the worshipers from worshiping them, Daniel was odd among them for not restraining his worshippers from worshiping him.

Moreover, somethings that may not have been exposed over 2000 years before as wrong could be exposed in the last days wherein knowledge increases.
Re: Still Dwelling On Daniel's Undoing Here by correctguy101(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2023
PCHC:

Still talking on:

[Daniel 2:46 FBV] — Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell down before Daniel and woshipped him, and ordered offerings of grain and incense to be made to him.

Daniel was still used to receiving worship from them. Infact, Daniel was called "Belteshazzar" which was a Babylonian name that meant Daniel was a god or something like that. Paul and Barnabas declined being called "Zeus" (Mercury) or Hermes (Jupiter) [Acts 14:11‭-‬18]. Did Daniel declined being called "Belteshazzar?"

If you want me to show from another man of God who restrained an authority or people from worshiping him as God, for great divinity displayed by the man of God, then here was Peter restraining Cornelius from worshiping him. As it is written,

[Acts 10:25-26] — "And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man."

It is part of the spirit of antichrist for a man of God to be receiving worship, titles or offerings, that implies he's no more a man but a god or divine (2 Thessalonians 2:4). No matter how much "Man of God" you are, remain a son of man for you are still mortal; and even if you are children of God, still maintain being children of man even as Peter told Cornelius he's just a man.

[Ezekiel 28:9 ICB] — While they are killing you, you will not be able to say anymore, “I am a god.” You will be only a man, not a god, when your murderers kill you.

[Psalms 82:6-7] — "I have said, You are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But you shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes."

Daniel was a man of excellent spirit and character: He refused to defile himself with the king's food and the wine the king drank, but he did not refuse the king's worship, oblation sacrifice and name after a Babylonian god. Though this was not a big deal in their days before the advent of Christ Jesus, especially considering that God even made Moses a god to Pharaoh and Aaron his prophet. In our days, no man of God should accept it.

I don't know much, but I'm confident that whatever food the rich and mighty rulers eat will not defile anybody, if I hear? ..angry

If you don't agree, mention foods that you believe rulers partake in that'll defile a poor and starved nobody... shocked

The whole issues in all these scriptures are suspicious abeg. Not to even mention the meaning of the name: Belteshazzar.

I read in one JW publication that the Jews do not see Daniel as their prophet. No time to spend on really knowing but, wtf?undecided

(1) (Reply)

SECRETS OF WITCHCRAFT EXPOSED / If Devil Was As Powerful As Religion Paints Hi. / God Will Never Share His Glory With Any One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.