Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep (15577 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Pastor Sam Adeyemi: "Bishop Oyedepo's Protocol Did Not Allow Me See Him" / Sex All Night And Then Church On Sunday Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by phemmyfour: 10:30am On Oct 29, 2023
XtraFortunes:
I am a Christian but this makes no sense. A church just bought the land opposite my compound. Since then they just disturb with their speakers

In the daytime one can bear, but this all night disturbing is what I really dislike. You can do your all night without blasting your speakers to disturb people..

Churches and mosques should be forced to make buildings sound proof. Or hold service without speakers .

With all this disturbance Nigeria is still terribly corrupt. We have to make laws banning this torture. It is inconsiderate
We have laws that ain't implemented. The other day, it was a mosque blocking the highway

2 Likes

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Banbanna(m): 10:34am On Oct 29, 2023
The experience can really be troubling for some people. Even covering your ear with a pillow or something else might not be enough sometimes.
If it's possible you can report the church to the head of your street or area you live in to caution them to reduce the noise level.
That was the case with one of the neighbours who resided in an estate that my Elder brother currently presided over. The man complained to my bros about the matter and he talked it over with the church. They complied and reduced their noise level within that vicinity. Just give it a try, who knows!.
XtraFortunes:
I am a Christian but this makes no sense. A church just bought the land opposite my compound. Since then they just disturb with their speakers

In the daytime one can bear, but this all night disturbing is what I really dislike. You can do your all night without blasting your speakers to disturb people..

Churches and mosques should be forced to make buildings sound proof. Or hold service without speakers .

With all this disturbance Nigeria is still terribly corrupt. We have to make laws banning this torture. It is inconsiderate

3 Likes

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Nchenches: 10:35am On Oct 29, 2023
It's a lawless country.
The mosques are worse in keeping people awake. Evangelican Christian Churches compete with the mosques for which of the two can make the loudest noise.
Even if a law is made against noise from churches and mosques, Muslim clerics will refuse such a law by saying that noise blaring is their culture and way of life. They wouldn't give a damn about the feelings of non Muslims.

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Angelfrost(m): 10:38am On Oct 29, 2023
geoworldedu:

Says an angel with a 'frozen' intelligence. How does it sound to you that a supposed holy people who should be the ones to set the pace in leading people to do the right thing are the criminals themselves. It's like vindicating a pastor who steals and rapes because the law is weak and unenforced. Isn't it right for you to criticise such pastor for his deeds? Someone like you will justify Jesus or Mohammed if they come today to sleep with girls and impregnate them in multitude and harvest their organs for trafficking, as long as the arms of the laws didn't catch up with them. You're an example of isi ewu mama Ngozi.

Please, don't do that, sir.

I have been criticizing religion longer than you could read.

But, this is beyond religion... This is happening because the nation is lawless!

That's why I called out those whose job it should be to enforce the laws.

Religious houses are managed by human beings not spirits... An average Nigerian is lawless, being religious or atheist has nothing to do with that.

2 Likes

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Tetraozonaitera: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

That's not the same thing... Your analogy sucks.

Churches need to stop constituting public nuisance. Simple!

Restrict your sound to the four walls of your church auditorium.

Well, I blame the lack of law enforcement on such nonsense.

The analogy is accurate.
My church is soundproof and fully A/C. Hardly would you hear what goes on outside.

The mistake you JW make is you group churches together. This is what I told my JW best friend. He is an elder in your Kingdom hall.
All churches are not the same.
They don't have the same doctrines.

But you seem to ignore this fact.
Any one that is calling on the name of Jesus that is not a JW is believed by you to be the same.

Some churches are demonic. Many do rituals.
But not all are demonic.

Until you know this, you will continue the life of 21st century Pharisees.
Like that Pharisee in Jesus's proverb praying, "God I am not like that woman over there, a sinner. I fast, I ..."

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Banbanna(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2023
🤓🤠 That's some serious noise challenge. So dem dey use noise pepper, oppress each other? Man,
you shouldn't come to that conclusion. Report the matter to the Environmental Protection agency. Or better yet take it to the head of your street to reason with those churches.
PrinceGallant:
A church you say? We are in the midst of three churches, every night is.......... Sometimes, the three churches held their vigil in the same night, and they were competing for who made noise loudest. I am thinking of selling my house

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Angelfrost(m): 10:49am On Oct 29, 2023
Tetraozonaitera:

The analogy is accurate.

The mistake you JW make is you group churches together. This is what I told my JW best friend. He is an elder in your Kingdom hall.
All churches are not the same.
They don't have the same doctrines.

But you seem to ignore this fact.
Any one that is calling on the name of Jesus that is not a JW is believed by you to be the same.

Some churches are demonic. Many do rituals.
But not all are demonic.

Until you know this, you will continue the life of 21st century Pharisees.
Like that Pharisee in Jesus's proverb praying, "God I am not like that woman over there, a sinner. I fast, I ..."

See how you quickly concluded that I'm a member of JW... Lol.

Bro, I gave up religion over 15 years ago.

I don't care what religion anyone subscribes to, environmental laws should be complied with and enforced.

Whether Church, Mosque or Shrine, it doesn't matter... Every religion should abide by the laws of the land.

3 Likes

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Georgejeez: 10:53am On Oct 29, 2023
Just get some rotten eggs from a poultry , when they are ranting at Night , throw them into the Church premises ,, enter your house and sleep .

Problem solved
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Tetraozonaitera: 11:02am On Oct 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

See how you quickly concluded that I'm a member of JW... Lol.

Bro, I gave up religion over 15 years ago.

I don't care what religion anyone subscribes to, environmental laws should be complied with and enforced.

Whether Church, Mosque or Shrine, it doesn't matter... Every religion should abide by the laws of the land.

Did I say environmental noise polution is good?
No.
All I am telling the Jehovah witness guy was that the "Holier than thou" attitudes of their sect is annoying.
They are always quick to criticize other christians.

On why I assume you are JW. Because the person I quoted is JW and you are the one replying me that I am wrong. So, I am on point to think you are one of them.

On you giving up on religion. It's your own cup of Nescafe .
But one thing is sure, religion or not, everyone needs Jesus to be right with God.

Shalom
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by kelmicheal: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2023
Was the night vigil everyday as in from Monday to Sunday if not why complaining
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by meekparagon(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2023
Angelfrost:

Sacrifice what please?!! On what grounds?!! Is that what your nation's constitution says?!!

Abi you don't know there is something called "Environmental Laws" which prohibit noise pollution in any form?!!

Every church can restrict their service sounds to within their auditorium... It is not a crusade.

You still mentioned constitution, does it exist?
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by BigTableShaker(f): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Prepare Molotov cocktail and throw it on their roof

What?!

Fvck you?!
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:32am On Oct 29, 2023
LASEPA to da rescue.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Manofsteel2013(m): 11:36am On Oct 29, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Avoid renting houses in places where there are churches, schools and mosques.

Except of course you want your life to be frustrated

that's not the right advice you suppose to give.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by grandstar(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2023
XtraFortunes

If you're in Lagos, contact LASEPA. That's their duty.

If you need help, I can link you with a friend who worked there (I am not sure if he is still there)
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by juman(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
Dannyset:
Petition the Ministry of Environment

Hope this advice work.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by juman(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
It's only in lagos the government talk about noise pollution.
Other states are far behind.
Any sensible governor would control or limit noise pollution.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Benekkk: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
XtraFortunes:

Following Jesus by disturbing your neighbors peace? Totally unscriptural. What they do in the name of all night prayers is contrary to Bible teachings. When a church is praying it should not be for the public but to God alone!

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by juman(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
This topic moved me.
Why on earth we allow senseless noise pollution.
Why?

This is 2023 o.
I met a man some decades ago lamented bitterly how a church that recently rented a place disturbed them during most nights of the week by their noise. Nobody to run to to stop the insanity.

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by juman(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
You can take them to court as last resort.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by sleeknaija(m): 12:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
XtraFortunes:

Same dilemma I am going through right now, loud noise from the church beside my house especially in the midnight. I just dont understand if this churches don't know that their noise affects other people. For me I can't have a deep sleep where there is noise. angry angry sad

2 Likes

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Nomyth: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Report them to the landlord association in ur area.

They will call them to order.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Kaido: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2023
VinnyBaba:

If he Tries this, the Pastor will use him Preach the next Sunday. 😒😒

A Friend of mine faced sth similar.🙂

His Apartment was close to a Church.

Every Sunday, when the Church has close and everyone Gone,
the Choir Boys will be Playing Instruments and Banging their Drums, thereby Disturbing My Guy's Afternoon Sleep.😟😟

He complained to the Pastor but the Young Man used him to Preach the next Sunday.😌

That 'Enemies of the Word always Oppose Godly things'! 😯😯😄
This is very common with Nigerian pastors.

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by aestake: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
meekparagon:

Is the night vigil every day?

If no. Then you make no point.

Learn to sacrifice a night for God and stop loving sleep than God
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by finallybusy: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
Ear plugs.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by shurlah(m): 1:46pm On Oct 29, 2023
grin
pendusky:

God called you and you refused and run away grin, now they are bringing it to your door step... Sorry you need to accept that call
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Kemadealadire(f): 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
seborrhic:

Not just that.
With all the prayers and churches in almost all street,why has God deemed it fit to make us still an underdeveloped Nation while those that don't believe in praying to him advanced Nations?
All black African countries are the most church/mosque going,yet all the indices of underdevelopment and poverty of its people are highest.
Putting into practice what you hear is the main thing.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Sleekfingers: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
XtraFortunes:

You can report them to the appropriate authority. Make a video.
Or buy four big speakers and start blasting 2 live crew songs......na dem go come beg you

1 Like

Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Shakathezulu1: 2:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
Prepare Molotov cocktail and throw it on their roof
Aw Dem take dey prepare am. Teach me.
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by breezeng: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
Approach the church and discuss your concerns with then. They may be the type that have a listening ear. It is after this that you can consider the option of reporting them. Don't die in silence
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by CoronaVirusPro: 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
BigTableShaker:

What?!

Fvck you?!

You fvckin soul is back from fvckd-up hibernation.

where you wan to start from?
Re: A Church All Night Will Not Allow Me Sleep by Emma1Oj(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2023
One thing I look out for when ever I want to move to new area.

I don't rent house where there's any religious center on the street.

Again, prepaid meter/NEPA bill check and how organized the compound is. and I try as much as possible to see two or three co-tenant to kn if they are the type that can be minding their business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop T.D. Jakes Celebrates 37th Wedding Anniversary / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.