Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed (342 Views)

Advice Needed! Is Unhappiness A Good Reason For Divorce? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed by Purvan(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
My mom is going to be getting anywhere from $150k-200k from a dog bite injury due to a negligent owner . She'll be 64 soon and needs to get ready for retirement. Thankfully she has no debts and her house is paid off ( she and my dad are separated). First, I figured she should build an emergency fund as she currently doesn't have any savings. I think about $10k should be sufficient for her for any emergencies. That would leave $140k to $190k for investments.
She doesn't have any retirement investments.
Are there any investments you guys would recommend? I think a small amount in crypto wouldn't be bad either at this point. But I'd rather have most of her money in stocks and bonds because of her age.
Re: Advice Needed by Sirmwill: 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2023
Wow

Dogbites is the new cash out method 🙂✨

Crypto may not be a good path atm but could bring good profits....

The second option is better
Re: Advice Needed by Artiiclebeast: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2023
Two nights ago I decided to take a walk around my neighborhood and came face to face with this dude being dragged by a dog he was supposed to be walking whereas the reverse was what I was seeing.

The dog was dragging his owner and coming towards me while I refused to make a move away from his path.

In my head, I'm like "Whatever happens tonight and I survive it, my retirement might just come earlier than planned".
Re: Advice Needed by youngsahito(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2023
Purvan:
My mom is going to be getting anywhere from $150k-200k from a dog bite injury due to a negligent owner . She'll be 64 soon and needs to get ready for retirement. Thankfully she has no debts and her house is paid off ( she and my dad are separated). First, I figured she should build an emergency fund as she currently doesn't have any savings. I think about $10k should be sufficient for her for any emergencies. That would leave $140k to $190k for investments.
Are there any investments you guys would recommend? I think a small amount in crypto wouldn't be bad either at this point. But I'd rather have most of her money in stocks and bonds because of her age.
why can't your mum sue the person?
Re: Advice Needed by BItt: 12:03am On Oct 29, 2023
Purvan Crypto is not a real investment. The purpose of investing money is to yield a gain.
That's is possible with a physical business.

And yes don't even mention anything like stocks. Your mum will be paid her retirement benefits. You just need to ask her what she thinks she can do
Re: Advice Needed by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:33am On Oct 29, 2023
youngsahito:
why can't your mum sue the person?

Don't you read before commenting??

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed by Nice2023(m): 6:25am On Oct 29, 2023
Purvan:

People who are of that age are often advised to put their money in less risky business/portfolio which means u should eliminate the following;crypto,stocks and other risky investments for a woman of that age.

Treasury bills are low risk...bonds are also good.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Lazarus: How This Ibadan Is Making Use Of Social Media For Visibility / A Side Chic Can Contest Her Sugar Daddy’s Will If She Isn’t Included In Lagos / Help Safe To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.