Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,559 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards (20677 Views)

Why SIM Cards Linked With NIN Are Being Barred - NCC / FG To Disconnect SIM Cards Not Synchronised With National ID Number / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by NaijaCover(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21
I'm Here To Learn
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by fabolouz1(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21
No magic behind it.
It uses processors embedded in tiny circuits just as what you find on electronic devices .

1 Like

Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by EmmyMaestro(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21
Bintabisiriyu2:
Okay now Let me break it down to you - Please try to catch up.

Now when you dial a number on your phone, a tiny invisible giant comes out from your phone and runs very fast to your receiver's destination, (actually these giants are gifted with speed so they usually run very fast)
Now When he gets there he quickly knocks on your receiver's phone and your receiver's own Invisible giant will quickly come out and they engage in "fast talks" once they agreed the receiver's giant will now open the door for your call to enter that is when you will now hear the ringing sound, means your giant has delivered its message.
After which your giant will now quickly run back very fast into your phone and he does this everytime you place a call
Thats why when you hear " your call is unable to reach" or "no service" it means that your giant is down from too much running, the reason why you should stop dialing too many missed calls.

Hope you understood.

I Kant believe I read this grin grin grin
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Johnson225(m): 4:18pm On Mar 21
wink
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by mukthar2000(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21
Nothing much than using of jinn in the waive to deliver ur calls and receive.

Just like how prophet sulaimon do send jinn to deliver and receive messages for him .

Very simple and clear.
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by unmask: 4:28pm On Mar 21
These type of questions have been missing from Nairaland for a while now.

Kudos to the OP
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Quebec91(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21
Na nonsense analysis but e try small sha
Jacku:
I learnt something new but I'm not sure if this it properly addresses OP's question
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Buffalo2(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21
Jacku:
I learnt something new but I'm not sure if this it properly addresses OP's question
Not at all
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Evolutionism: 4:45pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:
Good evening. For years, I have been marveling at how a gold coated chip can receive and communicate both text and voice information.

I know these are business secrets but at least it's 2023 and we can learn.

How exactly does that tiny gold plated
simcard interact? I know waves are real and frequencies are real. But how does it work

SimCard is just part of the group of integrated circuits that carries out the operations you mentioned.

The MicroWave which is an electromagnetic devices transmit most of the informations across the SimCards.

The funny thing is you will be marveled when you get to know that SimCard is just a tiny fraction and the least of what makes up Telecommunications.

It's not a straightforward process as you taught.

The Lists Below

RBS
Baseband
Fibres
Antennas
RRUs
Microwave

2 Likes

Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by aywagze(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21
When they tell you to read and research ..una dey talk school na scam ..everything don dey look like rocket science now ..😂
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by iamtardey: 4:45pm On Mar 21
Come… I go explain no worries
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Chicagograduate(m): 4:51pm On Mar 21
Tear the gold copper of the sim you will find a tiny circuit inside.The base station mast is connected between your SIM card.
That is why you cannot be able to make and receive call when the base station is not available close to your area.
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Pootle: 4:54pm On Mar 21
so many things to pounder about, what the brain can do is limitless i bet something to stop aging will be developed soon if the world doesnt implode.
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by lightuplightup: 5:24pm On Mar 21
Here is my question. How does e-sim work ? since no hardware or physical sim is involved. If e-sim is possible , then we shouldn't need normal sim again
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Armaggedon: 5:26pm On Mar 21
Your simcard is just a card with unique coded information. It cannot send and receive data on its own. The coded message is only there to be read by a mobile equipment.

Now, every network service provider has a database containing several accounts. Each of this accounts matches with the coded message on each SIM card. These message on the SIM card is unique and identifies each subscriber.

It is the mobile communication devices like phones, tablets, modems etc that sends and receives data. They read the unique information on the SIM card, sends it to the service provider database. The Service provider matches the info to an account and gives you access to their services.

The same way the ATM and some finger print services operate.
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by meobizy(f): 5:26pm On Mar 21
When I say illiterates dey this forum, una go type insults for Yoruba. Time constantly vindicates me.
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21
The power of voltage modulations aka ones and zeros aka binaries.

There's a lot of physics, mathematics and engineering under the hood of the abstraction that is a SIM card or any other chip.

It's super interesting what you'll learn, if you're curious enough to dig deeper smiley
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Verbtips(m): 5:56pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:
Good evening. For years, I have been marveling at how a gold coated chip can receive and communicate both text and voice information.

simcard interact? I know waves are real and frequencies are real. But how does it work
go back to your physics and study wave
it is a broad topic sha then you will fully understand,
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by HugeElephant(f): 5:58pm On Mar 21
Verbtips:
go back to your physics and study wave
it is a broad topic sha then you will fully understand,
if I knew it, I wouldn't have asked.
You can share it with nairaland if you know it. No knowledge is a waste
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by HugeElephant(f): 6:11pm On Mar 21
BigDawsNet:
Circuit-embedded chip that stores identifying information on a mobile device.... you need to study basic physics to understand how the engineering works...

You can tell us about it. Share the knowledge on nairaland
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Adewale1603(m): 6:27pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:

what do you mean by business secret.
All what you need to know is online, (the world wide web) just make research and research, you will find the answers you're seeking for in explicit way so you can understand better
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by muyico(m): 6:59pm On Mar 21
Programmer work! Software and hardware combination
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by BigDawsNet: 6:59pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:

Shey I tell u say I bi physicist? 😁😁😁😁
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by BigDawsNet: 7:02pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:

Alright! Imagine a SIM card like a tiny, special brain for your phone. It's a small chip that has all the important information your phone needs to connect to the mobile network. Inside this chip, there are tiny electronic parts that store things like your phone number and a secret code that helps keep your phone conversations and messages safe. When you put the SIM card into your phone, it's like giving your phone its own special ID card so it can talk to the network and do things like make calls, send texts, and use the internet.

Hope you understand now☺️
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Blessedarethepe(m): 7:22pm On Mar 21
fineberry:
Na Oyinbo go fit explain.

So many Technology need explanation
Walai......so many things, I was shocked sef about the submarine cables that made news of recent. I have never heard about it. Even science teachers never explained to us in school.

1 Like

Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Verbtips(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21
HugeElephant:
if I knew it, I wouldn't have asked.
You can share it with nairaland if you know it. No knowledge is a waste
it is a very broad topic my dear,that why i gave you the topic that covers it,you will even learn how radio station signal reach your radio set
and why at times you hear dual radio staion taking at the same time on one radio set
you will enjoy it
it took me 3 days to read this particular topic,i don't read much sha,i read to understand but i can spend more than 6 hours on 2 pages of a texbook.
but since you are reading it to gain knowlegde it may take you a whole day sha
if i wan't to explain,i go explain tire,but you can use your free time to check an online text book or hard copy,i wish you get any of this text book
senior secondary school physics by okeke,
new system physics
and
new school physics,
this are the text book i do combined when reading i sha even now i do so,i have a better understanding of what am studing
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Arabmoney2023: 7:53pm On Mar 21
This is the kind of discussions we needed here in nairaland, kudos @op
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Shomek(m): 8:37pm On Mar 21
The sim is just an id card
the phone is the only one that do all the work
do you wonder why you can listen to the radio without an id
the sim is just used to collect money from us
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by MyExpression(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21
ITbomb:
The SIM does not transmit or receive signals /wave/frequency.
The tech in the phone does that.

What the SIM does is to store information about you, so that when your phone received signal from your network provider, it identifies you as legitimate user on its network and make sure data meant for you are pushed to your phone.

The same scenario happens in your ATM card, it is just an identifier

So why do we need a 4G enabled sim, before enjoying 4G on a 4G-enabled phone?
Re: What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards by Phabulous4(m): 8:50pm On Mar 21
ChatGPT grin grin
sunna4u:
SIM cards serve an important purpose in telecommunications and mobile technology: They link a physical device with the owner’s account, making it possible to route calls for individuals to the right device and allowing phone companies to accurately measure utilization and charge subscribers for their service.

WHAT IS A SIM CARD?
A SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card is a plastic piece with a circuit-embedded chip that stores identifying information on a mobile device. This information helps mobile service providers associate devices with individual customer accounts.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Ur First Ever Phone? / Unlock All New Samsung Phones / How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.