Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn (20691 Views)

SCAM ALERT: My Iphone 5s Experience 28th January 2015 / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' / Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by jaysay(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hello friends,

Kindly help me with details of how i can set up my iphone 3g for internet. I am using MTN network. thanks. or if there is any thread that has handled that before kindly refer me to it.

thanks.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by hustla(m): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2010
I use an iPhone 3G too,all u need do is change ur sim to another phone preferably a nokia phone and send settings to 3888, Receive the GPRS settings sent to u by mtn and save em, U can now change ur sim to ur iPhone and wait for a few minutes,u will surely see d GPRS or edge ntwrk depending on ur location,

If u need other helps as regarding ur iPhone,u can mail me on onimoled23@yahoo.com,

One,
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by jaysay(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2010
thank you. I would have tried it, but I sold my iphone cos i could
not configure it. but if i get another one I will try it.

thanks bro.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by smoothine: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2010
@hustla,
pls i need to know how much do you use to browse on your iphone for eg i month on the mtn.i need to know pls cos glo is bleeding me seriously for browsing on my iphone.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by jaysay(m): 2:12am On Jul 30, 2010
maybe you are browsing through wap/gprs.
you need to browse through the internet setting

username: flat
password: flat
APN: gloflat

This setting will work. you can get 150mb for 500naira
1500mb for N5000/month.

I advice you to try with 500. if it works fine, then you
can do the one month if it is fine with you.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by lynxnoon(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
also ensure ur sim is activated for 3G services wink
cheers
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by aieromon(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2010
N500 for 150MB of data?That's cheap,mahn.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by jaysay(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2010
Sure, your sim must be activated for 3G.
lynxnoon:

also ensure your sim is activated for 3G services wink
cheers

To activate your sim for 3G, do the following;

#Type ACTIVATE and send it to 127
#you wil be sent options; 10 to 127 will
give you 150mb for 24hours validity @N500,
11 to 127 will give you 1.5Gb for 30days validity,
But that will cost you N5,000.
p.s, ensure your balance is at least N1.
#It will take Bettwen 10mins to 1 hour for it to
be activated depending on network
# once you subscribe in that manner your 3G
will automatically be activated and delivered between
10mins to one hour.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by emmaugoh1: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2012
A hell of Mb,150 for 500 when airtel I given us 1024mb for 1200,That is not going to last 3days on my andriod phone....For configuring iphone or Andriod phone,just put .MTN GPRS in ur account name box and ,web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net fot ur aCcess point box save and start browsing very easy and direct,no username or even password.
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by tiswell(m): 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
hustla:
I use an iPhone 3G too,all u need do is change ur sim to another phone preferably a nokia phone and send settings to 3888, Receive the GPRS settings sent to u by mtn and save em, U can now change ur sim to ur iPhone and wait for a few minutes,u will surely see d GPRS or edge ntwrk depending on ur location,

If u need other helps as regarding ur iPhone,u can mail me on onimoled23@yahoo.com,

One,
pls i could not activate my mtn sim on my(unlocked) iphone...help pls!
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by somehowpenis(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
tiswell:
pls i could not activate my mtn sim on my(unlocked) iphone...help pls!
type in

web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Under apn

Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by tiswell(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
somehowpenis:
type in

web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Under apn
Thanks man...the iphone still displays 'sim not compatible with the carrier'...any idea/solution on what that means pls?
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by somehowpenis(m): 3:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
tiswell:
Thanks man...the iphone still displays 'sim not compatible with the carrier'...any idea/solution on what that means pls?
your phone must be sim locked
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by tiswell(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2017
somehowpenis:
your phone must be sim locked
How do i unlock the sim activation pls
Re: How Do I Set Up My Iphone To Browse With Mtn by SpaxeX(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
aieromon:
N500 for 150MB of data?That's cheap,mahn.

(1) (Reply)

ALERT:Infinix X450 Race Bolt, is a Substandard Android Phone. / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time / How Do You End Call You're Tired Of Without Sounding Rude?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.