Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) (23857 Views)

Some Churches Still Lock Their Members In So They Can Pray More. / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by MindOnMatters00(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided
If you in fact read Amos, you would have realized that what is written there instead speaks of what took place thousands of years ago in the same region. What is happening today is not contained anywhere in Scripture. undecided

Pls don't ever quote me anywhere again. I can't risk being contaminated by ignorance and low thinking from a depressed frustrated human.
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindOnMatters00:
■ Pls don't ever quote me anywhere again. I can't risk being contaminated by ignorance and low thinking from a depressed frustrated human.
Again, Stop lying! undecided

If you in fact read Amos, you would have realized that what is written there instead speaks of what took place thousands of years ago in the same region. What is happening today is not contained anywhere in Scripture. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
■ You are the one that is seriously high on something that's why you cannot believe what you have read that Jesus said. So which tribulation was Jesus talking about in Judea. Are you even aware that the Roman empire captured Judea then in AD 70 captured Jerusalem and the Temple, after they captured the Temple what do you think the Roman empire did in the Temple?
I am not even sure you know what you are arguing. Regardless of what you wish to believe happened, the fact is Jesus Christ made clear that the tribulation he spoke of is that which took place in that same generation which his disciples were a part of.
29 “Right after the trouble of those days, this will happen:‘The sun will become dark, and the moon will not give light.The stars will fall from the sky, and everything in the sky will be changed.’[c]
30 “Then there will be something in the sky that shows the Son of Man is coming. All the people of the world will cry. Everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds in the sky. He will come with power and great glory.
31 He will use a loud trumpet to send his angels all aroun
32 “The fig tree teaches us a lesson: When its branches become green and soft, and new leaves begin to grow, then you know that summer is very near.
33 In the same way, when you see all these things happening, you will know that the time[d] is very near, already present.
34 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living.
35 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever. - Matthew 24 vs 32 - 35
And Jesus Christ said this in response to the questions asked Him earlier in that same chapter by His disciples.
1 Jesus left the Temple area and was walking away. But his followers came to him to show him the Temple’s buildings.
2 He asked them, “Are you looking at these buildings? The fact is, they will be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. The followers came to be alone with him. They said, (Question#1) “Tell us when these things will happen.(Question#2) And what will happen to prepare us for your coming and the end of time?” - Matthew 24 vs 1 - 3
All your storyland tales about what happened or did not happen in 70AD mean absolutely nothing in this case. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Josywhyte: 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2023
Op make I ask you one question.
U go like rapture to take place now?
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by MindHacker9009(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not even sure you know what you are arguing. Regardless of what you wish to believe happened, the fact is Jesus Christ made clear that the tribulation he spoke of is that which took place in that same generation which his disciples were a part of. And Jesus Christ said this in response to the questions asked Him earlier in that same chapter by His disciples.
All your storyland tales about what happened or did not happen in 70AD mean absolutely nothing in this case. undecided

What did Jesus christ say will happen immediately after the tribulation of that time?

So which tribulation was Jesus talking about in Judea. Are you even aware that the Roman empire captured Judea then in AD 70 captured Jerusalem and the Temple, after they captured the Temple what do you think the Roman empire did in the Temple?

Here is it again:

Jesus christ said in verse 29: Immediately after the tribulation of those days.

When was this tribulation

In these verses
15 So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’a described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand),
16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18 And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

Where is Judea today? The Roman empire captured Judea then Jerusalem and the Temple in Jerusalem both in Judea in AD 70, then the Roman general that led the battle took a prostitute into the Holies of Holies and slept with her after this the Jews that survived were sold and taken away to Roman. The Roman empire then renamed Judea to Palestine. This was the tribulation Jesus christ talked about and he said immediately after the tribulation of those days he will return in verses 30 to 31 so it's either he came back in AD 70 and he lied.

30 At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,c and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
31 And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

https://www.mesora.org/titus.html
Titus and Christianity
Rabbi Moshe Ben-Chaim
A close friend shared a gemara with me, Gittin 56b:
Vespasian went back to Rome and sent Titus in his place. The Gemara cites a verse that was expounded as referring to Titus: “And he shall say, ‘Where is their God, their rock in whom they trusted?’” (Deut. 32:37). This is the wicked Titus, who insulted and blasphemed God on High. What did Titus do when he conquered the Temple? He took a prostitute with his hand, and entered the Holy of Holies with her. He then spread out a Torah scroll underneath him and committed a sin, i.e., engaged in sexual intercourse, on it. Afterward he took a sword and cut into the curtain separating between the Sanctuary and the Holy of Holies. And a miracle was performed and blood spurted forth. Seeing the blood, he mistakenly thought that he had killed God. Titus saw blood issuing forth from the curtain in God’s meeting place, the Temple, and he took it as a sign that he had succeeded in killing God Himself. As it is stated: “Your enemies roar in the midst of Your meeting place; they have set up their own signs for signs” (Psalms 74:4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y741QbT1YEo&t=851s
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
You are the one that is seriously high on something that's why you cannot believe what you have read that Jesus said. So which tribulation was Jesus talking about in Judea. Are you even aware that the Roman empire captured Judea then in AD 70 captured Jerusalem and the Temple, after they captured the Temple what do you think the Roman empire did in the Temple?
I am not even sure you know what you are arguing. Regardless of what you wish to believe happened, the fact is Jesus Christ made clear that the tribulation he spoke of is that which took place in that same generation which his disciples were a part of.
29 “Right after the trouble of those days, this will happen:‘The sun will become dark, and the moon will not give light.The stars will fall from the sky, and everything in the sky will be changed.’[c]
30 “Then there will be something in the sky that shows the Son of Man is coming. All the people of the world will cry. Everyone will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds in the sky. He will come with power and great glory.
32 “The fig tree teaches us a lesson: When its branches become green and soft, and new leaves begin to grow, then you know that summer is very near.
33 In the same way, when you see all these things happening, you will know that the time[d] is very near, already present.
34 I assure you that all these things will happen while some of the people of this time are still living.
35 The whole world, earth and sky, will be destroyed, but my words will last forever. - Matthew 24 vs 32 - 35
And Jesus Christ said this in response to the questions asked Him earlier in that same chapter by His disciples.
1 Jesus left the Temple area and was walking away. But his followers came to him to show him the Temple’s buildings.
2 He asked them, “Are you looking at these buildings? The fact is, they will be destroyed. Every stone will be thrown down to the ground. Not one stone will be left on another.”
3 Later, Jesus was sitting at a place on the Mount of Olives. The followers came to be alone with him. They said, (Question#1) “Tell us when these things will happen.(Question#2) And what will happen to prepare us for your coming and the end of time?” - Matthew 24 vs 1 - 3
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by MindHacker9009(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not even sure you know what you are arguing. Regardless of what you wish to believe happened, the fact is Jesus Christ made clear that the tribulation he spoke of is that which took place in that same generation which his disciples were a part of. And Jesus Christ said this in response to the questions asked Him earlier in that same chapter by His disciples.

You just like to argue when you have no reason to argue. I have made it very clear to you what Jesus christ said was the tribulation in Judea, so:

What did Jesus christ say will happen immediately after the tribulation of that time?

So which tribulation was Jesus talking about in Judea. Are you even aware that the Roman empire captured Judea then in AD 70 captured Jerusalem and the Temple, after they captured the Temple what do you think the Roman empire did in the Temple?

Here is it again:

In these verses
15 So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’a described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand),
16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18 And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

Where is Judea today? The Roman empire captured Judea then Jerusalem and the Temple in Jerusalem both in Judea in AD 70, then the Roman general that led the battle took a prostitute into the Holies of Holies and slept with her after this the Jews that survived were sold and taken away to Roman. The Roman empire then renamed Judea to Palestine. This was the tribulation Jesus christ talked about and he said immediately after the tribulation of those days he will return in verses 30 to 31 so it's either he came back in AD 70 and he lied.

30 At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,c and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
31 And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Titus and Christianity
Rabbi Moshe Ben-Chaim
Vespasian went back to Rome and sent Titus in his place. The Gemara cites a verse that was expounded as referring to Titus: “And he shall say, ‘Where is their God, their rock in whom they trusted?’” (Deut. 32:37). This is the wicked Titus, who insulted and blasphemed God on High. What did Titus do when he conquered the Temple? He took a prostitute with his hand, and entered the Holy of Holies with her. He then spread out a Torah scroll underneath him and committed a sin, i.e., engaged in sexual intercourse, on it. Afterward he took a sword and cut into the curtain separating between the Sanctuary and the Holy of Holies. And a miracle was performed and blood spurted forth. Seeing the blood, he mistakenly thought that he had killed God. Titus saw blood issuing forth from the curtain in God’s meeting place, the Temple, and he took it as a sign that he had succeeded in killing God Himself. As it is stated: “Your enemies roar in the midst of Your meeting place; they have set up their own signs for signs” (Psalms 74:4).

Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
You are the one that is seriously high on something that's why you cannot believe what you have read that Jesus said. So which tribulation was Jesus talking about in Judea. Are you even aware that the Roman empire captured Judea then in AD 70 captured Jerusalem and the Temple, after they captured the Temple what do you think the Roman empire did in the Temple?
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by MindHacker9009(m): 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You just like to argue when you have no reason to argue. I have made it very clear to you what Jesus christ said was the tribulation in Judea, so:

Here is it again:

In these verses

Titus and Christianity
Rabbi Moshe Ben-Chaim

Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by usagee36: 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2023
Nothing like endtime. You guys keep deceiving yourselves.
jesusjnr2020:
Going by the signs, It's beyond glaring that we're fast approaching a pivotal moment in the history of this world called the endtimes.

I don't think there has ever been a time in history where so many strange things were happening at once at different places in the world it's hard to catch up.

The most interesting part is that these things were happening exactly as was foretold in the Bible concerning the beginning of sorrows in the endtimes.

Luke 21:10-11 (KJV)

Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

Jesus said when we see these things being fulfilled, we should know that we were in the last days.

Matthew 24:33-34 (KJV)

So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Hence Jesus warned us to watch and pray always so we would not be taken unawares when the day suddenly comes.

Luke 21:34-36 (KJV)

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

That's why we ought to pray now more fervently than ever because we're in the very days Jesus warned us about.

God bless
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
usagee36:
Nothing like endtime. You guys keep deceiving yourselves.
The end time written of in Scripture instead refers to the end of God's judgment under the Law of Moses against Israel(and the nation of Judah) and this took place about 1900 years ago. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
flexydote:
Men needs to pray always and not to faint.
Pray to any God you serve to help ease Nigerians pain. But bear in mind as you pray to your gods that we have only one true God and He sent forth his Son Jesus Christ which is now our mediator.
some of you refuse to learn and think that makes you smart. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
MindOnMatters00:
Since your sense of reasoning is short, I want to ask you.
Show me where the Son of Man appeared in Heaven and came down on the clouds in that AD 70?
Ignorance is a Disease..
Una number one problem be say una no dey read the book in context for una own self. The passage clearly tells you that what would appear for them all to see would be a SIGN of the coming of the Son of man. And Jesus Christ made it known that that sign and the tribulation He described would happen in that very same Generation which was His disciples. undecided

If you read further down in the same chapter, you will see where Jesus Christ then talks of His actual return, and makes clear that no one knows when that will happen, not even He knows. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Praying to end or subvert prophecies is just plane stupïdity.
[b][/b]
Pray that you remain incorruptible and holy still to the end and allow God to do his things as he planned them
God Himself put a seal on prophets and hence prophecies about 1900 years ago when He put a seal on prophets and visions of His Old Law of Moses. The problem however is as Jesus Christ warned we are in the times of the false prophets and false teachers who spread lies using the name of God as they match around with their many equally blind followers. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by usagee36: 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yeah right grin Bible was like a constitution for those who first lived on earth. The world has changed alot now. Move on
Kobojunkie:
The end time written of in Scripture instead refers to the end of God's judgment under the Law of Moses against Israel(and the nation of Judah) and this took place about 1900 years ago. undecided
Re: Endtimes: Why We Should Pray More Fervently Now Than We've Ever Done (Picture) by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
usagee36:
Yeah right grin Bible was like a constitution for those who first lived on earth. The world has changed alot now. Move on
The bible was never a constitution. Rather, the Old Law of Moses was presented as the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan. It is specifically stated as such right there in the book. That was the same Nation that God eventually judged and condemned over 1900 years ago. Jesus Christ, however, is God's New Law and Constitution in the Nation that is the Kingdom of God, an everlasting nation — never ending and never changing. And it is only those who are of that kingdom that are called to live by that Constitution which is reasonable. undecided

The change you see in the world has absolutely nothing to do with any of what is presented in the book, nor is it able to render obsolete that which you clearly didn't even know before now. It is written right there in the book.... has been for at least 2000 years, yet.... lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Redeemed Pastor Kidnapped In Ikorodu, Lagos - Metronaija.com / Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry Opens Today, Worshippers Rejoice / I Dreamt I Saw My Sef In Old Secondary School..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.