Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid (35950 Views)

The N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth N11,551.46 : Crazy Clown / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Goods Bought In The UK Vs Nigeria: The Difference (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by a4cube: 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:

I disagree. It's investment in Nigeria that made Dangote the richest black man on the planet. It's not all about Nigeria, also it has to do with us.
We MUST believe in Nigeria. I do.
Richest with Govt money. Don't worry Jagaban is about to extract billions from him.
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Bizibi(m): 2:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
very dangerous
don't ever have that kind of mindset,we don't know how the future looks like,we can not predict it. We can't even predict how next 6 years will look like.

My number one rule is invest in your home country before thinking about putting your money abroad.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Bizibi(m): 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunmsg:

It depends on the shares of the company you bought. Most people before 2009 bought overvalued banking shares. A lot of the banks are dead or have her acquired by other banks at ridiculous prices.

First bank is one of the biggest and most capitalized banks in Nigeria till today. They did a public offer in 2007 at about N30 per share. As at the close of trading on Friday, First bank share was sold at around N16. If first bank has lost over half of her share price since 2007, imagine how the portfolio of someone that invested in BankPHB, Diamond bank, First Atlantic, Skye bank, Oceanic etc would be right now.
one of the shares I own is zenith Bank. Got it when oceanic and intercontinental was at the top of their game unfortunately the oceanic shares that is ecobank now has fallen in value.

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by TruthsFM: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bizibi:
don't ever have that kind of mindset,we don't know how the future looks like,we can not predict it. We can't even predict how next 6 years will look like.

My number one rule is invest in your home country before thinking about putting your money abroad.
when major companies are living Nigeria in droves since the last 8 years of Buhari government of APC, you should sit yourself down and think deeply on Nigeria economy and the evil
Government economy policies against Nigeria businesses and its people. Keep on deceiving yourself here. If you are investing your savings in this harsh economy under Tinubu government, you putting yourself at risk seriously 😒

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunmsg:

It depends on the shares of the company you bought. Most people before 2009 bought overvalued banking shares. A lot of the banks are dead or have her acquired by other banks at ridiculous prices.

First bank is one of the biggest and most capitalized banks in Nigeria till today. They did a public offer in 2007 at about N30 per share. As at the close of trading on Friday, First bank share was sold at around N16. If first bank has lost over half of her share price since 2007, imagine how the portfolio of someone that invested in BankPHB, Diamond bank, First Atlantic, Skye bank, Oceanic etc would be right now.

I remember this very first bank scam.

Their shares were trading at around #50 then they came out with an offer of #25 for a humongous share volume

Friends , colleagues and family members were rushing to buy these shares that were being sold off the counter at any first bank outlet.

I did my own research and found out that there was a caveat that said you can not trade in those shares until after 6months of purchasing it .

It so happened that first bank (like all share listed ventures) were into insider trading to prop up their share values before rolling out another offer that was priced at half the ongoing value at the NSE.

I asked myself, why will they be issuing more shares at half the price ? It so happens that this was what first bank used in doing their recapitalisation with the CBN.

After the 6months period, First bank shares crashed to below #20 and ever since then has never recovered it's #50 value.

They are all scammers in suits and the NSE must be burnt down to the ground and every stockbroker with it

They stole so much from civil servants that Obasanjo forced into retirement in 2007. Obasanjo will conduct the greatest civil service retrenchment excersice and pay off civil servants affected but only after they committed to investing their retirement benefits into several govt approved stock brokers who the FG arranged to have counselling course to affected civil servants. All that retirement benefits dissaperared into thin air .

Transcorp was the biggest thief that got most of the civil servants retirement benefits .

Where is Transcorp today ?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by kokoA(m): 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
In my case, thank God my dad handed over the shares certificates he bought in my name to me. I don sell everything use the money arrange myself tey tey..

5 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
when major companies are living Nigeria in droves since the last 8 years of Buhari government of APC, you should sit yourself down and think deeply on Nigeria economy and the evil
Government economy policies against Nigeria businesses and its people. Keep on deceiving yourself here. If you are investing your savings in this harsh economy under Tinubu government, you putting yourself at risk seriously 😒

This the time to know genuine and innovative businessmen.

Where you see gloom , others see a boom.

The import based economic model is out the door as it can never be profitable under the FX floating rules.

Now is time for local industrialists to regain the market share and dominance .
The people not able to recover from this current climate are those who only think imports.

We are going to recover our industrial base and promote jobs and local productivity as against the lazy man import based economy that only siphons wealth out of the economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by TruthsFM: 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

This the time to know genuine and innovative businessmen.

Where you see gloom , others see a boom.

The import based economic model is out the door as it can never be profitable under the FX floating rules.

Now is time for local industrialists to regain the market share and dominance .
The people not able to recover from this current climate are those who only think imports.

We are going to recover our industrial base and promote jobs and local productivity as against the lazy man import based economy that only siphons wealth out of the economy.
it’s 100% unrealistic in a harsh economy under Tinubu government. Very impossible

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
it’s 100% unrealistic in a harsh economy under Tinubu government. Very impossible

As long as there is a market , there is an opportunity.

Local industries will thrive because no one will buy FX at #1300 to import toothpick and other frivolous items and stand to make a profit.

In the 70s and early 80s we were producing most of what we consumed .

There were foreign companies operating factories in Nigeria .

JVC, Philips , Kenwood were all producing or assembling their products in Nigeria.

They shut down because of the importers.

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by seunmsg(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

I remember this very first bank scam.

Their shares were trading at around #50 then they came out with an offer of #25 for a humongous share volume

Friends , colleagues and family members were rushing to buy these shares that were being sold off the counter at any first bank outlet.

I did my own research and found out that there was a caveat that said you can not trade in those shares until after 6months of purchasing it .

It so happened that first bank (like all share listed ventures) were into insider trading to prop up their share values before rolling out another offer that was priced at half the ongoing value at the NSE.

I asked myself, why will they be issuing more shares at half the price ? It so happens that this was what first bank used in doing their recapitalisation with the CBN.

After the 6months period, First bank shares crashed to below #20 and ever since then has never recovered it's #50 value.

They are all scammers in suits and the NSE must be burnt down to the ground and every stockbroker with it

They stole so much from civil servants that Obasanjo forced into retirement in 2007. Obasanjo will conduct the greatest civil service retrenchment excersice and pay off civil servants affected but only after they committed to investing their retirement benefits into several govt approved stock brokers who the FG arranged to have counselling course to affected civil servants. All that retirement benefits dissaperared into thin air .

Transcorp was the biggest thief that got most of the civil servants retirement benefits .

Where is Transcorp today ?

Transcorp was the biggest scam of them all. Daar communications followed closely. I really pity those that invested heavily in these companies back then.

9 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by seunmsg(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Bizibi:
one of the shares I own is zenith Bank. Got it when oceanic and intercontinental was at the top of their game unfortunately the oceanic shares that is ecobank now has fallen in value.

So, imagine if you bought only oceanic and intercontinental shares back then. Your portfolio would have turned to dust and someone somewhere in 2023 will be trying to put the blame on Tinubu. Is Tinubu responsible for the lose you recorded from your investment in oceanic bank?

5 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Bizibi(m): 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunmsg:

So, imagine if you bought only oceanic and intercontinental shares back then. Your portfolio would have turned to dust and someone somewhere in 2023 will be trying to put the blame on Tinubu. Is Tinubu responsible for the lose you recorded from your investment in oceanic bank?
I didn't bother listening to it because I know those worthless shares is because of the current share price. I am not even going to criticize tinubu administration for the mess we found ourselves infact Nigerians Don't know we are still on his predecessor's budget......
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2023
seunmsg:

Transcorp was the biggest scam of them all. Daar communications followed closely. I really pity those that invested heavily in these companies back then.

Dangote
Pat Utomi
Oby

Were the faces behind transcorp scam

4 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by press9jatv: 3:20pm On Oct 29, 2023
Is this not cheating niiii. Nawaoooo

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by motymop: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
TruthsFM:
hmm 🤔. If he was introduced to crypto currency then, he will have one of the silent billionaires in Nigeria 🇳🇬. But no our government in power always stop crypto currency investments on every platform in Nigeria. The government just don’t want progress for Nigeria people. Now it’s the same crypto currency the whole world ventured into now.

If he was introduced to crypto he would be penniless by now.

3 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Addme: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2023
The level of comments up there really showed how people lack knowledge of Capital market.
Crazy Clown could have done better to tell us the Company share his father bought.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Starboytwo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Dangote
Pat Utomi
Oby

Were the faces behind transcorp scam
wetin person go come invest on top like this? Care to share pls.

Following.

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2023
Starboytwo:
wetin person go come invest on top like this? Care to share pls.

Following.

Buy gold.

And I don't mean digital gold .

Real physical gold.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by HitlerWasRight: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2023
Addme:
The level of comments up there really showed how people lack knowledge of Capital market.
Crazy Clown could have done better to tell us the Company share his father bought.

The only shares doing well out there are no longer being quoted on the NSE because their owners don't want to sell .

Multichoice was the first Nigerian traded stock to break #100 barrier.

I am sure they are trading close to $15 per share if they were suddenly dumped on the NSE.

Other than Multichoice , the other shares that performed well are oil companies and Palm oil plantations.

5 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by NoToPile: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
That 2005-2008 period lots of people made money especially those working in stockbroking firms.

They made mad money, my cousins were in a stockbroking firm. I heared them discussing about japaul oil one day, they bought at maybe 3 0r 4 naira it went as high as 15 naira, they sold and they bought quite a huge amount. They were just making money.

The stockbroking guys were big boys that period. I personally think lots of them took advantage of the market, I may be wrong though. What was reigning was shares.

By 2009 everything just came down.

As at now even the fairly okay company shares we bought back then the prices have come down terribly.

8 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by WantsandMore: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
The best investment advice is never to buy at a premium, instead you ought to buy low(discount) sell high (premium) most of our parents back then had money with little financial education. The rule of thumb is when you hear people talking an investment or share price of a bank like too many buzz, it's likely at its premium with exceptions to ipo/ico, you're to keep your money in your wallet and waits for a retracement

5 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
LoL, this one gidi gan o
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Angelfrost(m): 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
Your dad actually believed Nigeria and Naira will appreciate over the years?!!

Seriously now?!! undecided

If that money had been used to purchase landed properties, that would have made sense.

Well, I guess the poor man misjudged the level of rot in the foundation of this contraption.

6 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Godwin4444: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2023
globalresource:
My dad bought plenty shares at different bank with his sweat. I remember 2008 to 2010. God if he had encounter bitcoin then. But now the hundreds of thousands then are nothing to write home about
landed property is d best investment but the so called woke people will never listen to us

Many are already talking crypto n forex they will later regret

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by MSN1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2023
Na mumu dey save in Naira.
If its not business, i have NEVER had even 100k in my acct. for more than a month since i was born, i rather use the unused money to buy properties and resell later.
I have bought Galaxy Note 9 for 75k and sold later for 80k, assuming i left it till 2day, dat wud have been up to 130k+.
Naira nor b currency @ all.
I know a lot of people that have millions in their acct. For years And they feel happy and satisfied seeing it there, little did they know that; they are reducing the worth of their money why som1 somwhere is using their sweat to live large and oppress them.
There is a reason why the rich gets richer, common sense is not common.
If Dangote show u All im acct. Balance; u go fear say such a big man, na poor man for acct.

6 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Godwin4444: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Crazy clown should hold Bola Ahmed Tinubu responsible
so tinubu who became president in less than 1 year should b blamed for what happened 20 years ago

So we should also blame tinubu for your father’s misfortune

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Blaze14k: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:

I disagree. It's investment in Nigeria that made Dangote the richest black man on the planet. It's not all about Nigeria, also it has to do with us.

It's funny some now believe so much in Nigeria. I wonder were u guys are getting this energy from

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by owolabi5: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2023
grin
Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Jcomtrader: 6:10pm On Oct 29, 2023
No kne is shouting scam now cause its not crypto
If it was crypto they would be blabbing

1 Like

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by ceejay80s(m): 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
I thought I saw 11million until I looked closely,
I don dey envy until I cleaned my eyes....
11k. ?
E no even by chicken wey chop belle full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by sonofthunder: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:
He should tell us what company shares his father bought and not to generalize. Those who bought into Nestle shares and Dangote sugar and Cement are much happier. It's all about investment education and knowledge.

Even as a little child I some how knew and expected Nestle shares was going to rise. If only person get money then

4 Likes

Re: N1m Shares My Dad Bought In 2002 Is Now Worth #11,561.46, How? - Craze Clown(vid by Yestogood: 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Lifestone:

To be frank, Dangote has not merely invested in Nigeria, he has taken advantage of the system by playing high stakes, behind - the - scenes poker. He has an inside track to government and enjoys patronage.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kimberly-Clark Opens $100 Million Plant In Lagos / Rental Business - How Profitable? / Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.