Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got (195 Views)

China's Billion Dollar Loans To Africa: Why US Should Be Worried / Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Arewa Consultative Forum Worried Over Dangote, BUA Feud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got by kenwills(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2023
Good day everyone,
Please I need your urgent advice!
A company based in Germany that I applied to recently approved my application for a job and they gave me an NDA document to sign before I begin. The excitement of securing my first job didn't make me read the terms well enough, so I just signed after glancing it a bit, just the way we barely read terms and conditions.

When I sat down to review the documents again I felt very cold, shivery and worried about the implications of violating the terms. Because a penalty for violation could land me in a court far away and ruin my entire life and reputation. cry

I have been very skeptical about this issues and considered quiting but the legal terms I signed still binds me for some years and kind of restricts me from show casing my current skills publicly even if I choose to quit.

Please have you had any experience signing an NDA for a job as a worker, or as a freelancer? Please I will like to have your advice on this because a case of mistaken violation could put my life at a very big risk if I don't act fast.

Re: Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got by advanceDNA: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2023
Baba relax....

Lol .....Na so NDA dey be......always expecting you not to work or even die once u leave their company ... the lawyers/risk managers wey dey write those things are always on Colombian cocaine... grin

I...most of the time the nonsense they write in those document, which they expect u to abide by often violates your rights as a human being

No NDA can prevent you from totally working and survival for years....... No matter the nonsense they wrote in that their nonsense document and u signed...

.. I've been there ...so I know what I am saying.... When a good lawyer pieces that nonsense they always write in that their NDA, u will see it has very little power in totally preventing you from working........as long as u are not releasing any trade secrets, unique line of code u wrote for them that's key to their product...... Baba u go dey alright

Yeah ..some NDA can restrict u from working for a company that does exactly the same thing as ur former coy....that's normal especially if u are part of product development/ R & D

.but that doesn't mean u wont able to use ur skill at all in another unrelated or slightly related company, or to stand on your own

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got by wittywriter: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2023
kenwills:
Good day everyone,
Please I need your urgent advice!
A company based in Germany that I applied to recently approved my application for a job and they gave me an NDA document to sign before I begin. The excitement of securing my first job didn't make me read the terms well enough, so I just signed after glancing it a bit, just the way we barely read terms and conditions.

When I sat down to review the documents again I felt very cold, shivery and worried about the implications of violating the terms. Because a penalty for violation could land me in a court far away and ruin my entire life and reputation. cry

I have been very skeptical about this issues and considered quiting but the legal terms I signed still binds me for some years and kind of restricts me from show casing my current skills publicly even if I choose to quit.

Please have you had any experience signing an NDA for a job as a worker, or as a freelancer? Please I will like to have your advice on this because a case of mistaken violation could put my life at a very big risk if I don't act fast.
NDAs. are strictly straight confidential based so why the worrying unless you feel incompetent or not sure you'll deliver.

Wittyness.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice I'm Worried About The Job I Got by kenwills(m): 6:52am On Oct 30, 2023
advanceDNA:
Baba relax....

Lol .....Na so NDA dey be......always expecting you not to work or even die once u leave their company ... the lawyers/risk managers wey dey write those things are always on Colombian cocaine... grin

I...most of the time the nonsense they write in those document, which they expect u to abide by often violates your rights as a human being

No NDA can prevent you from totally working and survival for years....... No matter the nonsense they wrote in that their nonsense document and u signed...

.. I've been there ...so I know what I am saying.... When a good lawyer pieces that nonsense they always write in that their NDA, u will see it has very little power in totally preventing you from working........as long as u are not releasing any trade secrets, unique line of code u wrote for them that's key to their product...... Baba u go dey alright

Yeah ..some NDA can restrict u from working for a company that does exactly the same thing as ur former coy....that's normal especially if u are part of product development/ R & D

.but that doesn't mean u wont able to use ur skill at all in another unrelated or slightly related company, or to stand on your own

Thanks for your input! it is well appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

ABOUT ME / I Tried It. See How Much I Have Earned So Far From This App / My MTN Line Stopped Working In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.