Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours (19470 Views)

Governor Fubara Appoints Former Assembly Speaker, Edison As Chief Of Staff / High Court Confirms Edison As Authentic Speaker Of Rivers Assembly / Governor Ortom Speaks Amid Impeachment Saga, Explains Why Notice Is Null, Void (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by fergie001: 8:47am On Oct 30, 2023
Rivers House of Assembly removes Ehie Edison (Ahoada East State Constituency II) as Majority leader.

24 out of 32 members of the Rivers Assembly are sitting in the auditorium following the fire outbreak yesterday.

This is amid rumours of ongoing impeachment plots against the Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara.

Rivers Assembly begins impeachment process on Governor Sim Fubara.
Gunshots heard at Rivers State House of Assembly as 24 out of 32 members commence plenary, to serve notice of impeachment on Gov Sim Fubara.

2 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by press9jatv: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2023
Hmm 🤔. Just like that. It’s very early now.

11 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by fergie001: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2023
Tear Gas Fired At Rivers Assembly Over Planned Impeachment Of Fubara
A fresh crisis has engulfed the Rivers State House of Assembly amidst rumors of an impending impeachment procedure against the state Governor Sim Fubara as the House on Monday removed its leader, Edison Ehie.

This is as the Governor stormed the Assembly Complex while House members flee for safety as tear gas is fired outside the Complex.

A protest is also ongoing outside the Complex as of the time of filing this report.

The development comes hours after a fire broke out at the Assembly Complex on Sunday night.

It is unclear if the fire was connected with the political imbroglio but rumours of a rift between Fubara and his predecessor Nyesom Wike who is now Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister have been brewing for some time now.

SOURCE

4 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Taylor92: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2023
Last week I told you people that my chairman who’s in Sims inner circle told me Wike slapped Sim, Instructed Sim never to consent to any project worths 500million and above without his knowledge

You people argued me

Now e no reach one week I talk that thing e don dey sup

Anyone who’s from Rivers state should know that no matter how gentle and loyal a rivers man is he can never be a puppet for anyone

Wike wants to be the Tinubu of Rivers where he can handpick employ and fire anyone

Lol na for rivers state wey be 80% Vikings you wan do that rubbish Tinubu carry from Osun go turn Lord for another man state where as the real lagosians no get mouth

What Wike did to Amaechi is what Sim is doing him

Rivers people loved Wike and was always behind him till he did what he did in presidential election na there him Problem start

Wike if you want to lord over a state or region then go to South West and do that one not PH

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Racoon(m): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2023
Wike! Wike!! Wike!!! Power intoxicates. There will never be peace for wicked people.

28 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Taylor92: 8:51am On Oct 30, 2023
oluseyiforjesus:
Wike still d governor of Rivers

Oluseyi Rivers state is not una weakling Lagos wey una allow non Lagos indigene to control una from 1999 till the rest of his days on earth

Sim invited Atiku to come to PH so they can talk on how to make PDP better

Wike hear the news flew from Abuja to come slap a sitting Governor

Now this is the shock coming to Wike now

Amaechi is coming back to PDP, Atiku is reuniting with Sim so they can maintain Rivers as a PDP state it’s always been

Wike can’t be a strike chief in PDP and be a executioner in APC

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by adesegun121(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2023
Ok
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2023
Wike still d governor of Rivers

2 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by AntiChristian: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2023
Many will blame Wike because his name is similar to wicked!

But it may or may not be as you think!

And I do agree "Power intoxicates"!

2 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Dailymice: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2023
grin
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by ichommy(m): 8:55am On Oct 30, 2023
There are also reports that a warning was sent to FCT minster , Nyesom Wike, telling him Rivers is not his personal estate.

Wike wan commot SIM Card for phone.

Breaking: Gov. Sim Fubara has sacked Wike's handpicked Chief of Staff and CSO.

Some LGA Chairmen are already aligning with Sim to avoid being sacked.
More sacks will be announced this morning. It's a purge .

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by fergie001: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2023
Alongside Ehie, 4 others were also suspended.

24 members are loyal to Nyesom Wike whilst the others including Ehie, are meeting at the Government House.
Governor Sim Fubara says suspension of Ehie Edison as Majority Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Four others is Null and Void.

5 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Mindlog: 8:57am On Oct 30, 2023
Imploding from within.

3 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Appletek: 8:58am On Oct 30, 2023
Racoon:
Wike! Wike!! Wike!!! Power intoxicates. There will never be peace for wicked people.

This one has started crying like a stranded fish seller. He can never contribute anything sensible.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by chrisxxx(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2023
Sim better acts now. He is a man and should not just chicken out,
Bring Amaechi back to PDP. Run to Atiku. All APC Loyalists in Rivers State will run to you including LP including those of us who are without party but sympathetic to you.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by pyyxxaro: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2023
No “PISS” for the Wicked

5 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by theophorus(m): 8:59am On Oct 30, 2023
Drama.

Ordinary to manage una self, una no fit.
Tenure never reach 6months una don dey do rubbish and Yeye politricks.

6 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Appletek: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2023
Rivers never disappoints

7 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Addme: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2023
fergie001:
Alongside Ehie, four others were also suspended.

24 members are loyal to Nyesom Wike whilst the others including Ehie, are meeting at the Government House.

Governor Sim Fubara says suspension of Ehie Edison as Majority Leader of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Four others is Null and Void.
If the bolded is true then we are in for a long ride between Wike and Fubara.

3 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Skillsnigeria: 9:00am On Oct 30, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Mikeak: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2023
Make dem do as dem like
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Kcfresh2103(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2023
grin I new they were going to have serious issues.
What i didn't envisage was their rift coming this early.
Wike look around, left Sekibo, Felix Obua and decided to settle for someone he feels he can command around at will.
That Fubara is quiet is enough for Wike to be scared of him.
Besides, how can you be in Abuja and you are giving instructions to a sitting governor not to execute a project above 500m without his consent.
The governor too don vex, because people are asking questions if we have a governor, pot holes are now everywhere in PH, from Nkpolu Junction to Obiwali, from Conner stone to NTA just to mention a few and insecurity is now high in Rivers State.

20 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by frankmoney(m): 9:03am On Oct 30, 2023
Lol
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Svoboda(m): 9:04am On Oct 30, 2023
I can't be a sitting governor and allow forces to impeach me. Not possible. I will bulldoze those forces to extinction.

The gov has some executive powers. I will raze their properties down and make them flee from the state.

Chimaraoke did it to jim. Sullivan did it to chimaraoke...

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by wittywriter: 9:04am On Oct 30, 2023
Wike-d reactions in Rivers.

Wittyness.

1 Like

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Appletek: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2023
I have no sympathy for Wike. Na wetin he do Amaechi SIM go do am.
SIM wey quiet. Quiet people are deadly.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by Kukutente23: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2023
fergie001:
Tear Gas Fired At Rivers Assembly Over Planned Impeachment Of Fubara

SOURCE

Lol. I told you Wike can't pocket Rivers the way he thinks.
The money is too much and the people too headstrong

20 Likes

Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by simfrost90210: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2023
Funny!
Re: Sim: Rivers Assembly Removes Edison As Majority Leader Amid Impeachment Rumours by happney65: 9:08am On Oct 30, 2023
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It's time for Fubara to rise up and call the bullshit of Wike..

I don't know what else you want again..

Nonesense!

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Petrol May Cost N340/litre After Subsidy Removal In 2022 — Kyari / Umahi: It Is A Shame That Igbo Leaders, Delegates Sold Our Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.