Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference (21676 Views)

Atiku Hails David Hundeyin During His Press Conference / Peter Obi Mobbed By Supporters In Abuja After His Press Conference / Atiku's Speech At The PDP 84th NEC Meeting, Refers Buhari as General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by MS247: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
If Atiku jam Peter Obi one on one for street... E no go funny

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Agwotulumbe1: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2023
MS247:
If Atiku jam Peter Obi one on one for street... E no go funny
creating illusion and living in it
Hehehehehe onu bu onu oyo Ibadan
hiohiohiohio
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by garfield1: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

He said constitutional amendment.
The SC can't annul an amendment to the constitution no matter how bizarre

They can twist or modify it
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:

They can twist or modify it
So the SC is in the business of twisting laws not interpreting it?
Explain how they can modify it
Besides, the dude I quoted claim the SC can practically expunge any part of the constitution not your "twist and modify"
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Xscape1993(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
obembet:
Dear Atilu, I am Ur big fans not cos of politics but cos I know u for one good thing u have done before, but U need to understand that This is the country you all built on lies , you all refused to strengthen the institutions and make it independent from the executive , cause you were benefiting from the status quo now a criminal has taken over now he is going to make it hellish, there may never be any party anymore what will win that sit cause you all allow this virus to fester

on 2027 matter, I would have suggest that u just forget about 2027. You will be 82 or so by then. Give it a rest.

Support younger candidate
You have spoken so intelligently my dear. God bless you richly.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by DrMPH: 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
obembet:
Dear Atilu, I am Ur big fans not cos of politics but cos I know u for one good thing u have done before, but U need to understand that This is the country you all built on lies , you all refused to strengthen the institutions and make it independent from the executive , cause you were benefiting from the status quo now a criminal has taken over now he is going to make it hellish, there may never be any party anymore what will win that sit cause you all allow this virus to fester

on 2027 matter, I would have suggest that u just forget about 2027. You will be 82 or so by then. Give it a rest.

Support younger candidate

As usual, you saw no substance in what he said to guarantee the future of this country. When kids born to some of you experience this same political debauchery years to come in a country that's supposed to be progressive, would then would be your consolation at old age? Yes, he has lost, but he made valid recommendations to strengthen our Democratic process. Politics affect lives
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by DrMPH: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nuheights:
Morality? Mr. Atiku , you are not qualified to talk about it.
Rotational Presidency? If you are so passionate about it, why did you desperately and selfishly, insist on succeeding Buhari? Actions, they say, speak louder than words

Hmmm. So, no comment on the points of law he raised? Nigerians are wonderful people. No wonder politicians believe it's much easier to enslave people than animals. We're talking about strengthening our institutions to guarantee Nigeria's future.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Dchampion65: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
This man is taking for a ride.
He love this country when he was selling the legacy of this country to proxy, crones at ridiculous price.
It is about you not about this nation.

What I did not know, which came out glaringly later, was his parental background which was somewhat shadowy, his propensity to corruption, his tendency to disloyalty, his inability to say and stick to the truth all the time,a propensity for poor judgment, his belief and reliance on marabouts , his lack of transparency, his trust in money to buy his way out on all issues and his readiness to sacrifice morality, integrity, propriety truth and national interest for self and selfish interest"

Olusegun Obasanjo
MY WATCH
Volume 2
Pages 31- 32

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by obembet(f): 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
DrMPH:

As usual, you saw no substance in what he said to guarantee the future of this country. When kids born to some of you experience this same political debauchery years to come in a country that's supposed to be progressive, would then would be your consolation at old age? Yes, he has lost, but he made valid recommendations to strengthen our Democratic process. Politics affect lives

Sometimes u need to read well before u comments, can you tell me Atiku comments when Buhari present NEPA bill? All Nigeria politicians is Wicked, they only form saint when they fall victim

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2023
lukma227gmailcom:
Go n sleep Mallam

Burob:
Idiot Malu, Absolutely Nonsensical Thrash.

I was expecting your retirement from active politics, not theses long senseless jargon.

Mandate2023:
Atiku the dead career politician

Patrioticman007:
Customer Dada ni & press conference na 5 & 6.

adioolayi:
Ogbeni Atiku Abubakar, gbogbo eleyi o necessary jare ..

E ti lose...

E try again na..

grin cheesy grin

VaginaAcademic:
Every election dey chop this man solid 2 odds him go still stake for next election grin grin

emmabest2000:
Finally

Funny you are all mocking a politician that is wealthier than anyone in your family who will return to enjoy life in Dubai while you all suffer with bad roads, no electricity, high exchange rate, hike in foodstuffs and poor governance, You are mocking him for another politician who doesn't give a fvck about you...no be juju be that?

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by bitbillionaire: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Thank you Atiku for your ideas and suggestions on how to move the nation forward.

I totally agree with your idea of a rotational presidency among the six geopolitical zones and the president-elect would be allowed to serve for just a single term of 6 years after which the presidency would go to another geopolitical zone. I love this idea because it is capable of uniting the country more than any other factor, giving every tribe and zone a sense of belonging in the country.

I have two more suggestions in support of the rotational presidency:

1) The constitution must be amended to officially recognise the 6 geopolitical zones

2) The amended constitution should mandate all political parties to field a presidential candidate for their party strictly from the geopolitical zone whose turn it is to produce the next president. The law should clearly forbid politicians from other geopolitical zone from contesting for president if it's not their turn to produce the next president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by membranus: 3:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
afube:

Every Nigerian should save and archive this speech...it is historical and its gonna be a reference point in a few months!

Can you swear you read everything he wrote before writing this comment?

By the time Atiku started claiming moral superiority in this current political experiment, I switched off. His career and political history is full of chicanery, illicit gains and undue profiteering for anyone to believe him.

He should retire quietly to his Dubai hideout and nurse his political wounds.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Buccalcavity2: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
First off, I dislike it when people who have been in power comment on things they could have implemented when they were in power. 1995 recommendation is what Alhaji is pushing in 2023. What happened between 1999 and 2007? Why didn't you push for it?
2ndly, Alhaji lacks moral standing to request rotational presidency because his refusal to abide by that was what made PDP lose.
Lastly, media trial should not be encouraged. Its really unfair on Justices of SC. And laws should be advocated to stop this. You talk in a place where others can't respond to you. You had your day in court and you lost out based on law. It wouldn't make sense to me that appeal court and supreme Court justices were all bribed! Esp when I remember that till date AA hasn't agreed that Buhari won him despite SC judgement. It's a pattern.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by garfield1: 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

So the SC is in the business of twisting laws not interpreting it?
Explain how they can modify it
Besides, the dude I quoted claim the SC can practically expunge any part of the constitution not your "twist and modify"

They interpret laws and in the course of that,can add and subtract to suit the climes.

For instance,the constitution says if you present a forged cert,you will be disq but the SC has added a clause which includes the forged document being constitutional and proving beyond doubt.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2023
I wonder what documents tinubu will submit to INEC in 2027 for re election.....

Someone who submitted a fake documents for governorship elections in 1999 and still submitted a different fake documents in 2022 to INEC.....the battle is in 2027.....we pray to be alive till then!
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Nuheights(m): 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2023
DrMPH:

Hmmm. So, no comment on the points of law he raised? Nigerians are wonderful people. No wonder politicians believe it's much easier to enslave people than animals. We're talking about strengthening our institutions to guarantee Nigeria's future.

For the other things he said, was he not being hypocritical?
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mynd44:
Atiku wants a single 6-year term to be returned amongst the 6 geopolitical zones.

Says the same person that refused to step down to allow his party present a candidate from the south

Worse is that said 6 geopolitical zones are not even recognized by the law. That were just created for political expediencies.

You cannot pass a law saying it is the turn of the NE to present a candidate as it is a violation of the rights of other people from other zones. if they want to contest, they will and a law stopping them is as foolish as the 25% in Abuja thing. It is discriminatory and the supreme court will have the annulled.

Atiku knows this is a waste of time

Don't sell your conscience....all he said is justified.....it's left for the national assembly to look into them and more especially that of INEC.....
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:

They interpret laws and in the course of that,can add and subtract to suit the climes.

For instance,the constitution says if you present a forged cert,you will be disq but the SC has added a clause which includes the forged document being constitutional and proving beyond doubt.
Is your brain doing overheating ni
Can the SC annul a constitutional provision that's the question.
Your example is silly. What the SC has done is to expand the provision to include the procedure for establishing the forgery. It is different from the SC saying for example that forgery cannot be a reason to disqualify a candidate because the candidate was unaware it was a forgery.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
obembet:

Sometimes u need to read well before u comments, can you tell me Atiku comments when Buhari present NEPA bill? All Nigeria politicians is Wicked, they only form saint when they fall victim
What kind of lie is this?
When did Buhari present NEPA bill?
It's saddening to see how fake news has fried the brains of so many youths.
I'm sure you also believe Obi graduated with third class
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
aylipple:
Atiku made some valid points but also contradicted himself & that's the irony of the man; someone who always wants to eat his cake & have it.

If Waziri Atiku actually believed in some of the very good points he raised, he should first of all never have contested the 2023 presidential elections coming; this man attempted to succeed a fellow Fulani who had already spent 8yrs in office. God knows that if the former VP had withdrawn from the race & supported Peter Obi (for instance) to gun for the Presidency, a thousand Tinubu+INEC wouldn't have been able to stop what would've been an early resounding victory at the polls.

However, Atiku being a clever man by half not only jeopardized his own chances, he ruined the Southeast & by extension, many young Nigerians' dreams of having a President that they could try call their own.

Nonetheless, Atiku can still match words with action by ensuring that come 2027, he supports his party (PDP) to identify, elect (at a presidential primary devoid of money politics) & present for presidential election, a candidate - who has good temperament, is credible, reliable, economically & politically sound, not a religious extremist, patriotic & has a nationalistic view etc - of Southeast extraction to run for office.

If he can do that, he would've truly established himself as a patriotic & nationalist!
You really believe Obi will win if Atiku was not in the ballot? How?
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by garfield1: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

Is your brain doing overheating ni
Can the SC annul a constitutional provision that's the question.
Your example is silly. What the SC has done is to expand the provision to include the procedure for establishing the forgery. It is different from the SC saying for example that forgery cannot be a reason to disqualify a candidate because the candidate was unaware it was a forgery.

Madness promax activated from yabaleft.bye Felicia....( For the records,I said twist abd modify not change.) Learn some social etiquette.the foolishness is unbearable
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Babastrong(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2023
THE STRONG TAKE WHAT THEY WANT.
The surest way to survive and excel in nigeria is to be
1. A killer.
2. A thief.
3, and a liar.
all the three leading 2023 presidential aspirants have one or all of these qualities.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by obembet(f): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

What kind of lie is this?
When did Buhari present NEPA bill?
It's saddening to see how fake news has fried the brains of so many youths.
I'm sure you also believe Obi graduated with third class

My dear, am not here to argue political matter with you, am not going to benefit anything from it... I only Share my view which is not a must for you to believe.

If na football now, I can b-e-at u join, let leave politics for politicians, they knows Thier games
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:

Madness promax activated from yabaleft.bye Felicia....( For the records,I said twist abd modify not change.) Learn some social etiquette.the foolishness is unbearable
I am not responsible for your inability to use language appropriately.
You claimed twist and modify and ended making a bogus claim as if SC deleted forgery from the constitution.
Next time, borrow a brain before you jump in to quote me.
Now fuçk off
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2023
obembet:

My dear, am not here to argue political matter with you, am not going to benefit anything from it... I only Share my view which is not a must for you to believe.

If na football now, I can b-e-at u join, let leave politics for politicians, they knows Thier games
Ok. But always get the right information before you make claims. Anyone reading the way you put it will think it's true Buhari submitted Nepa bill to INEC.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you the implication of that
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by BabaRamota1980: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Ykc2:
and tinubu attended secondary school in 1970 while the school was built in 1974 ,anyways na your tribe person so your wrong for supporting him, who go come for public say him mama no sabi cook grin

8million Nigerians said they wanted Tinubu.

Atiku and Obi need to contest that figure and prove to Court that the number was incorrect. They should bring forward the correct number of Tinubu votes for Court to judge.

School attendance and graduation record is a distraction. David Hundeyin is winding Atiku and Obi.

Get sense!
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by garfield1: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

[s[s]][s]I am not responsible for your inability to use language appropriately.
You claimed twist and modify and ended making a bogus claim as if SC deleted forgery from the constitution.
Next time, borrow a brain before you jump in to quote me.
Now fuçk off[/s][/s]
[/s]

Trashy trash.swerve kid... Ntin owo
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sore looser Atiku the Cameroonian, Customer Dada, Marabouts patronizer.
Greediness redefined.
You ganged up against gej, now you reaped the fruits within a short period of Era.
Shame on Fulani Atiku.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2023
garfield1:
[/s]

Trashy trash.swerve kid...I am Ntin owo
Ok
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Meagainstthem: 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wallahi I love seeing atiku wailinggrin
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Basicend: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mandate2023:
Atiku the dead career politician

No sir. . He is still.coming back in 2027 with our remaining money with him. .
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by dbestcno(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Main reason I don't see any reason to stress myself to get a voter's card

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? / Atiku’ll Divide Nigeria If He Becomes President — Miyeitti Allah / Certificate Forgery: Appeal Court Dismisses APC Suit. Obaseki Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.