Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,427 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference (21625 Views)

Atiku Hails David Hundeyin During His Press Conference / Peter Obi Mobbed By Supporters In Abuja After His Press Conference / Atiku's Speech At The PDP 84th NEC Meeting, Refers Buhari as General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Allisgud: 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
As far as am concern mmesoma the result forger sabi book pass tinubu

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by sucess001(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
This speech is one of the best I have read in decades.

Truly the supreme court damaged it's reputation with that verdict. Sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Donedeal1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
Win some loose some, battle of life. Unending.
So Atiku take heart.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by shortgun(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Many did not read the article nor understood it hence the show of shame on the first 2 pages.

What Atiku said is nothing but the bitter truth, same thing the retired Supreme Court Judge said to the CJN's face.
Nigeria has been hijacked and lead by nepolistic corrupt characters.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Gr8amechi: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nemere2020:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DcWs6fhoFcVJKpFu8NLGLT9pgpWovcqQcmAztYUUYjNTaFucV1E27e7hFViYXtGzl&id=100044152610571&mibextid=Nif5oz
I totally reject any plan for any constitutional amendment, what we need is a totally new constitution, it's obvious that the 1999 constitution can never work because it was drafted intentionally with so much ambiguity to aim corruption.

To solve this problem permanently this is the only way:

1. NASS should suspend the 1999 constitution and pass a law for a referendum to draft a new Nigerian People's constitution.
2. the 1963 constitution should be the template, it is clear that the presidential system will never work in our heterogenous state, so let's adopt a parliamentary system with a confederation.
There will no longer be a president, what we now have will be the following:
a. Chancellor, he will be the symbol of the unity of the confederation, he shall be the ceremonial head of state, and the position shall not be partisan as candidates should be only independent candidates and must not have heard any political position in at least 20 years before contesting, the tenure shall be for a single 15 years and the position shall be rotational, he shall retain the power to ask the prime minister for form a cabinet or dissolve it. The seat of the chancellor shall be Abuja.

b. The prime minister shall be the head of government who shall be elected from amongst the NASS members and shall sever a term as the duration of his term in the NASS, each term shall be 5 years but can be dissolved at any time in events of vote of no confidence or if he has lost the support of the majority of the house, also the prime minister shall double as the minister of defense.
The office of the prime minister also shall be in Abuja but the NASS should be in the south, this will keep the legislatures very far apart from the executives

c. Abolish states and replace them with provinces, and divide the country into 6 to 10 provinces with the consent of the people of such provinces.

d. Sign an article of union which shall be renewed every 30 to 50 years through a referendum of continuous union or dissolution.

e. create the office of the attorney general of the federation different and distinct from the minister of justice,
the prime minister should not appoint the AGN but it must be done as a job recruitment by the NJC which shall forward the names of the 3 best candidates from the screening to the NASS which shall then refer to the chancellor for rectification.

f. the Police, Burea of national investigation, and security shall be under the AGN office. Also, the INEC chairman should be appointed by the NJC through an open recruitment format.

g. a new electoral act and constitution shall then be written to give inec powers to screen candidates and also to remove candidates with any controversies from contesting.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by stuffs2002: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
Atiku has been contesting to be president for 30 years now.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by thedio(m): 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
L need somebody to tell me that the senseless message did not come from a former greedy vice president who benefited tremendous from the system he was trying to condemn.
Imagine Atiku talking about rotation after an attempt to take over from a fellow northerner
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by tinsel: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
Don't mingle your business with politics.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Cantonese: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
Well said by Atiku.

Atiku was part of the corruption, painfully. He could not hypocritically be talking of six geopolitical zones, while he contested when it was the turn of the south. The election presented clearly the opportunity to show APC the door, but Atiku damaged that opportunity.

Unfortunately Nigerian politics is all about corruption.

Again, just like Rotimi Amaechi said, the citizens always accept the rubbish thrown at them by politicians.

With the level of poverty in the land, 340 legislators purchased vehicles valued at 160 million each and the citizens just shut their mouths up.

I long ago concluded that the Nigerian voters were bewitched by politicians, who used very strong charms.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Vision101(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
Some of these thoughts are good. He had the chance to bring them into our system but he took care of his personal interest.

He had the opportunity of practicing some of these things in all the parties that he had been, why did he not?

Why is it that only those that speak negatively against the current system are the ones that he loves. The journalist in exile, retired supreme court judge and simple advice from Jega.

On the personality of the person that has been his friend and associate for years, why were you a close friend for years of a person that you believe that has question mark in his character and you want me to believe you now?

I'm not a lawyer but if were president BAT I will drag atiku out and slam heavy charges against him in the area of forgery and identity theft. The civil case has ended at the supreme court let him start the criminal case and let atiku prove beyond reasonable doubt what he is claiming.

I will not listen to a sermon on morality preached by atiku because I will be seeing the face of a criminal preaching.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by aylipple: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2023
Atiku made some valid points but also contradicted himself & that's the irony of the man; someone who always wants to eat his cake & have it.

If Waziri Atiku actually believed in some of the very good points he raised, he should first of all never have contested the 2023 presidential elections; this man attempted to succeed a fellow Fulani who had already spent 8yrs in office. God knows that if the former VP had withdrawn from the race & supported Peter Obi (for instance) to gun for the Presidency, a thousand Tinubu+INEC wouldn't have been able to stop what would've been an early resounding victory at the polls.

However, Atiku being a clever man by half not only jeopardized his own chances, he ruined the Southeast & by extension, many young Nigerians' dreams of having a President that they could try call their own.

Nonetheless, Atiku can still match words with action by ensuring that come 2027, he supports his party (PDP) to identify, elect (at a presidential primary devoid of money politics) & present for presidential election, a candidate - who has good temperament, is credible, reliable, economically & politically sound, not a religious extremist, patriotic & has a nationalistic view etc - of Southeast extraction to run for office.

If he can do that, he would've truly established himself as a patriot & nationalist!
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Seyitosino(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
You and your generation are the losers. You should be serving a life sentence for all your atrocities if Nigeria was a sane clime.

Ole onijibiti. Pot calling kettle black.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Ykc2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Stop talking rubbish.

There is no legal conviction of Tinubu as a forger. You all are pushing moral arguments championed by David Hundeyin, and anecdotal at best! No facts. The points he championed about a frmale Tinubu and that BAT did not attend CSU have all been demolished by CSU authorities in US. Furthermore, an undisputable legal record has now been created for him in US Courts that will bind courts in Nigeria to throw out future challenges on his academic records. In trying to disqualify Tinubu, Atiku helped cement his qualification.

Investors are believers in capitalism. They dont give a fck about moral sentiments. They themselves are architects of immorality.

Get sense!
and tinubu attended secondary school in 1970 while the school was built in 1974 ,anyways na your tribe person so your wrong for supporting him, who go come for public say him mama no sabi cook grin
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Daystar7: 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2023
In as much as I agree with all he said as it will serve the future of this country positively I have problem with his contribution of fostering all this. A single 6 Year term for each region rotationally will help this country to a great extent and reduce the ethnoreligious hatred in the country. Nigeria claims to be one country but it's not really one.
Atiku should have supported either Obi or Wike for presidency knowing Buhari just finished 8 year term and Bat 'll be nowhere near the presidency but his selfishness won't let him. I'm surprised he knows this but chose to be selfish the same way Buhari and Tinubu knew subsidy removal by GEJ was a good move but decieved the whole country by claiming it was a scam and Atiku was also a part of the Tinubu team at the time, I'm sure he regrets that move as that's exactly what led to his desperation after discovering too late that it was a bad move. He could have corrected that mistake by supporting Wike or Obi putting himself in an elevated position of a states man but a black man never sees beyond his present put himself to ridicule and further destroyed the party he started destroying since 2014. Things has been bad since the inception of APC and as it stands now APC has seized power which why they keep doing anyhow and somehow get support. 2027 election 'll be a grave yard, Cos both PDP and LP 'll be weaker, their supporters after seeing what Inec and judiciary did will be uninterested cos a huge voter apathy making it an easy ride for APC. No matter how bad they perform, they 'll win as only them 'll vote. Atiku you contributed hugely to this mess, now go back to Dubai and lick ur wounds. Rest well Sir
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by firearcher: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Do as I say, not as I do.
This man lives in his own alternate universe where he is the perfect and anointed candidate without spot, wrinkles or any blemish - the Messiah Nigeria has been waiting for but do not know.

Nigeria is blessed.

Regardless of what you and your fellow politicians have done, we are still standing.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Ezekiel2122(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2023
To those supporting this man called Atiku, I consider you guys as the wisest because I don't know why someone who is in this country with us for the past eight years, who has seen how fulani man killed people in the Southest, Ondo, Edo, Oyo will still want another fulani man who do not for once condemned his brothers who were busy killing during the tenure of his fellow fulani man. I think you guys are very wise to look through the history northern Nigeria as well as Niger and lesrn from them. I think you people are so wise that, couldn't remember that despite not been in constitution official it's customary that after North, South and it has been like that only for your man to find his way out. I think you people are wise and I really commend you people's act of brevity.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Segunbabba(m): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2023
The people working against the Government of President Tinubu are not from the Southern part of the country.

We conducted some investigations to know the real (both physical and spiritual) face of the people that are against Tinubu, we were thinking they will come from the South East, to our greatest surprise they are from the North.

The North is against Tinubu's regime because they don't want anyone from the South to rule them.
No Fulani man will ever rule Nigeria again. The next president of Nigeria will come from the North Central..
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by occfx: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nemere2020:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02DcWs6fhoFcVJKpFu8NLGLT9pgpWovcqQcmAztYUUYjNTaFucV1E27e7hFViYXtGzl&id=100044152610571&mibextid=Nif5oz

Atiku has gotten my support outside Obi... I like people who are learned. I think atiku understands Nigeria and what may work. My concern is, if given the opportunity, will he implement it? Nobody will agitate if everyone is treated equally democratically. 6years, single term among 6 geopolitical zone is an example of equity not EMI lo Kan bandits. Thank you Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Misterone: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mindlog:
"Worse still, the appointment of electoral officials has also been hijacked by the ruling party as seen in the latest nomination of Resident Electoral Commissioners where card carrying members of the ruling party and aides to politicians in the APC are being appointed into INEC"...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
PDP started this rubbish. They said the requirements for being an INEC commissioner was the same as that of being a member of the house of representatives. Since an HoR member must be a member of a political party, therefore an INEC commissioner must be a card carrying member of a political party. Now from whose party does Atiku want the ruling party to choose those commissioners? Rubbish
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Daystar7: 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2023
aylipple:
Atiku made some valid points but also contradicted himself & that's the irony of the man; someone who always wants to eat his cake & have it.

If Waziri Atiku actually believed in some of the very good points he raised, he should first of all never have contested the 2023 presidential elections coming; this man attempted to succeed a fellow Fulani who had already spent 8yrs in office. God knows that if the former VP had withdrawn from the race & supported Peter Obi (for instance) to gun for the Presidency, a thousand Tinubu+INEC wouldn't have been able to stop what would've been an early resounding victory at the polls.

However, Atiku being a clever man by half not only jeopardized his own chances, he ruined the Southeast & by extension, many young Nigerians' dreams of having a President that they could try call their own.

Nonetheless, Atiku can still match words with action by ensuring that come 2027, he supports his party (PDP) to identify, elect (at a presidential primary devoid of money politics) & present for presidential election, a candidate - who has good temperament, is credible, reliable, economically & politically sound, not a religious extremist, patriotic & has a nationalistic view etc - of Southeast extraction to run for office.

If he can do that, he would've truly established himself as a patriotic & nationalist!

Exactly my point. He has one final chance to redeem himself tho but it seems almost impossible at this point cos PDP is so distabilized at this point.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Daystar7: 1:36pm On Oct 30, 2023
Segunbabba:
The people working against the Government of President Tinubu are not from the Southern part of the country.

We conducted some investigations to know the real (both physical and spiritual) face of the people that are against Tinubu, we were thinking they will come from the South East, to our greatest surprise they are from the North.

The North is against Tinubu's regime because they don't want anyone from the South to rule them.
No Fulani man will ever rule Nigeria again. The next president of Nigeria will come from the North Central..
This is joke 😂.

NE and NW overrun by Fulani will allow NC probably a minority not even Hausa and nit Muslim either to become president, how? Even with the support of the whole South which is impossible in itself. Wake up
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by gabicon: 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nemere2020:

I see some folks getting fooled by these flattery words. Every politician that looses an election suddenly has all the answers to all our challenges, but when they win they can execute any of them. A politician is trained to appeal to your emotions using flattery words.

The supreme court has rules, one of such rules is that you can't present new evidence for a case that has been decided by a lower court, which you seek redress for at the supreme court. Atiku was defrauded by his lawyers.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by OloriDesire: 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2023

As for me and my party this phase of our work is done. However, I am not going away. For as long as I breathe I will continue to struggle, with other Nigerians, to deepen our democracy and rule of law and for the kind of political and economic restructuring the country needs to reach its true potential. That struggle should now be led by the younger generation of Nigerians who have even more at stake than my generation.

Atiku has just officially retired.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by IgOga(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
Atiku is accusing the court of supporting crime. That is a huge allegation shocked

But that is also a careless talk as the court did not uphold crime. If Atiku has a case he can still go to the lower court to argue his case that President Tinubu has committed a crime of forgery. Better still he can approach a US court to get a criminal ruling against Tinubu.

All this gaslighting is for mumudients and co
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Mynd44: 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2023
Kukutente23:

He said constitutional amendment.
The SC can't annul an amendment to the constitution no matter how bizarre
Tue supremem court can and will deem any law that is discriminatory illegal.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 1:48pm On Oct 30, 2023
Mynd44:

Tue supremem court can and will deem any law that is discriminatory illegal.
Where did you get that from?
So why has the SC not deemed sharia law with all its discriminations illegal? Let me guess.... cause it is recognised by the constitution.

The constitution is the ground norm. Nothing in it can be quashed or changed by the SC or any other court for that matter. The only body with the power to make changes to the constitution is the Legislature with its stringent conditions.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Deepthoughts: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
seunlayi:
Atiku is actually right, but many Nigerians won't reason.... They like been manipulated
Exactly my brother.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by MightySparrow: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Inaugural Lecture of a professor of political failure , Professor Siddiqui Abubakar Atiku, Department of Political Failure, Papa Deceive Pikin University, Nigeria.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by MightySparrow: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2023
Emmexguy123:
Somebody should please summarize everything.
My head don knock for now

Inaugural lecture of a professor of political failure.
grin
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Kukutente23: 2:03pm On Oct 30, 2023
I agree with all of Atiku's suggestion with the exception of rotational presidency.
Firstly, nation building involves moving towards a more prefect union and not a more segregated union. Our politicians should push us towards realisation of that ideal instead of away from it. We should look forward to a day when we are not befuddled with where the next president should come from but rather how he should emerge.

As a corollary to the above, our politicians think the best laws is the one that takes care of their whims and not the needs of the nation. It is politicians who brought up rotation, emilokan and such other selfish and divisive tendencies in their lust for power. Same Tinubu who was shouting emilokan for example ran with a Muslim ticket all just to deceive northern Muslims that their interest is his interest. Atiku who fought in 2011 and 2015 claiming it is the turn of the north, turned round to run in 2023. What is important to the average Nigerian or should I say what should be, is good and accountable governance not where the president comes from or how he prays.

Secondly, rotational presidency will breed nepotism and bad governance on a scale we've never seen or envisaged. Atiku is complaining, and rightly so about how SC refused to look at the glaring evidence of forgery against Tinubu and his shady past. Imagine the presidency is rotational. And the sitting president commits an impeachable offence. Do you really expect the NASS to impeach him? Will that not be in conflict with the constitution since the deputy will certainly not be from his region? In other words, the president will simply become unaccountable till the end of his tenure. As a corollary, what if the sitting president dies or become incapacitated? It will mean his Vice can't take over and has to resign for the rotational provision to be fulfilled!
The VP thus becomes an "abobaku" instead of a spare tyre.
Our politicians should realise the country belongs to ALL Nigerians irrespective of religion, class or gender and thus should stop pushing us towards extremes but instead towards integration and unification.
Re: Full Text Of Atiku's Speech At His Press Conference by Nauttyprof(m): 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2023
seunlayi:
Atiku is actually right, but many Nigerians won't reason.... They like been manipulated

He is not right. He is just selfish. Someone who calls for rotation and yet, didn't allow this in his party. Who is deceiving who?

We just keep being swayed by people who do not have the interest of the country at heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Sealed By EFCC In Wuse 2 Abuja Is Not GTB Property / FG-Ijaw Talks Spark Ethnic Tension In Niger Delta / Campaign Posters Of Abdulrasheed Maina In Borno, Kaduna & Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.