Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award (28376 Views)

Messi Proves He’s World’s Greatest Footballer With Eighth Ballon D’or Win- GWR / Lionel Messi Wins Record Seventh Fifa Best Men's Player Award / Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton Wins Record Sixth British GP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2023
zinaunreal:
I remember when this award was sweet and merited. Now it's useless and boxing just proved that most of these sports are rigged.
Go and drink sniper 😂😂😂 y’all gonna cry blood

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by osazsky(m): 12:15am On Oct 31, 2023
Hendrixky:

And the funny thing is that nairaland is a faceless forum

And you don't even know who is behind the keyboard typing

And you asking me to get a life

Can you please tell me your location so I can meet you and you will know who you are talking to

Some Nairaland members are very funny

Are you even aware that igbinedion granddaughter is on this forum
You won't get a reply from me anymore

Good night
I even think say u wan mention mark or Elon daughter..igbinedion is poor na

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:15am On Oct 31, 2023
jaxxy:

even u know it no longer has any meaning to serious sports people. It’s become a disgrace
you’re irrelevant in the scheme of things… focus on your life offline, that’s a good starter.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by UrMomsBabyBoy: 12:16am On Oct 31, 2023
Ojoro. Haaland should have won that shit.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Numerouno94(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2023
LesbianBoy:
This award has lost its value after Ronaldo award was given to modric in 2018. Since then the award no sweet again jor.

They have made it obvious that they love Messi. Even if another player achieve so much, once Messi achieve a little fiammm they will give it to him.

The award did not lost in it's value in 2013 wen Frank Ribery was robbed of his balon d'or and given to Ronaldo? The 2013 event has bn recorded as the most controversial award in the history of the award.

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by emmnprince(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
At 36 year old Lionel Messi still holding off the next generation. He’s the greatest footballer ever liveth, no doubt about that, only penadogs disagree cos they live in their own world which is full of fantasies. Everything Penado dream off in his enter life, Messi did it already and surpass am, I wonder what’s going through his mind right now cos he has been forgotten. 😂😂

I remember when he equalled Messi’s number of D’ors at 5, a journalist asked him if the competition with Leo is over now since they have the same number of awards, he said “it’s just getting started “ modafucka empty barrel…fast forward Leo has 3 more than the loser and topped it with a World Cup, what a sad ending for him, these kind of pain no dey heal, if he like make e score 5000 goals all na wash, good riddance 😂😂😂.

I remember when Messi was asked the same question, earlier this year by a CNN reporter, when he won the Laurel awards, the reporter asked him “Now that you have won the World Cup does that validates your status as the 🐐”… Messi smiled and replied “ I don’t care about individual awards”

Goat or no goat conversations no concern leo, he has never mistakenly or intentionally add “goat” to any of his post ever, na we his fans Dey tag am, things like that no dey move am…. But you see that desert, egomaniac, renowned failure, empty barrel go Dey mumu himself dey call him sef goat, who dash monkey banana, he can only be that in his mind and that of his delusional fanbase who has zero knowledge of football.

I will make reference to day he congratulated King James when he got the highest point in the NBA history, the oloribu tag himself dey call am fellow goat, Ojuelegba goat…😂😂😂

The greatest achievement of penado is being compared to Leo.

Leo is up there with the legends Pele and Maradona, pendu is a nonentity. King of Luxembourg and Sheikh of Al Waziri fc.

PS: Penadogs as usual make una cry in my mentions. I love una tears. ENSR!!! 😂😂

See as you ran your mouth in text-form ehn! What offence has Christiano Ronaldo, a fine and lovely player who has also left his marks on the history of the game, done to you that warrant you to spew all these words about him, ehn?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by aujile(m): 12:18am On Oct 31, 2023
43Ronin:
the short fraud just stole the glory of haaland & mbape same thing he did to lewandowsky
In Justin Timberlake's voice... "cry me a river"

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by zinaunreal(m): 12:19am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
Go and drink sniper 😂😂😂 y’all gonna cry blood

This one isn't about go and cry. I'm stating the obvious. These awards now are fancies . I'm not moved by messis win. Its not just about messi
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Jagabanarmy: 12:19am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE
The greatest footballer the world has ever seen before..the best of them all

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:19am On Oct 31, 2023
emmnprince:

See as you ran your mouth in text-form ehn! What offence has Christiano Ronaldo, a fine and lovely player who has also left his marks on the history of the game, done to you that warrant you to spew all these words about him, ehn?
It’s called banter…. Na payback for everything Penadogs has done to us on this thread, just enjoy it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Slimwhyt(m): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2023
The greatest ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2023
zinaunreal:

This one isn't about go and cry. I'm stating the obvious. These awards now are fancies . I'm not moved by messis win. It’s not just about messi
who’s your father once again? Shey na Fifa president or Pep , omo carpenter, you wey Dey watch football at viewing center think say you get opinion 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Goddyrichie(m): 12:21am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
At 36 year old Lionel Messi still holding off the next generation. He’s the greatest footballer ever liveth, no doubt about that, only penadogs disagree cos they live in their own world which is full of fantasies. Everything Penado dream off in his enter life, Messi did it already and surpass am, I wonder what’s going through his mind right now cos he has been forgotten. 😂😂

I remember when he equalled Messi’s number of D’ors at 5, a journalist asked him if the competition with Leo is over now since they have the same number of awards, he said “it’s just getting started “ modafucka empty barrel…fast forward Leo has 3 more than the loser and topped it with a World Cup, what a sad ending for him, these kind of pain no dey heal, if he like make e score 5000 goals all na wash, good riddance 😂😂😂.

I remember when Messi was asked the same question, earlier this year by a CNN reporter, when he won the Laurel awards, the reporter asked him “Now that you have won the World Cup does that validates your status as the 🐐”… Messi smiled and replied “ I don’t care about individual awards”

Goat or no goat conversations no concern leo, he has never mistakenly or intentionally add “goat” to any of his post ever, na we his fans Dey tag am, things like that no dey move am…. But you see that desert, egomaniac, renowned failure, empty barrel go Dey mumu himself dey call him sef goat, who dash monkey banana, he can only be that in his mind and that of his delusional fanbase who has zero knowledge of football.

I will make reference to day he congratulated King James when he got the highest point in the NBA history, the oloribu tag himself dey call am fellow goat, Ojuelegba goat…😂😂😂

The greatest achievement of penado is being compared to Leo.

Leo is up there with the legends Pele and Maradona, pendu is a nonentity. King of Luxembourg and Sheikh of Al Waziri fc.

PS: Penadogs as usual make una cry in my mentions. I love una tears. ENSR!!! 😂😂
so u waste ur time and energy to write this up cuz of Ronaldo that don’t even know maybe u exist or not
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by aujile(m): 12:22am On Oct 31, 2023
blaise26abj:
Great player no doubt . Ballon dor is an award based on sentiments and not facts . Where ever the mood swings , that’s who wins . Congratulations .
Do you think you know the game better than those that actually vote to determine the winner?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by emmnprince(m): 12:23am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
It’s called banter…. Na payback for everything Penadogs has done to us on this thread, just enjoy it

Abeg, this banter too much na! If to say Ronaldo, by mistake, catch you after reading all these your words ehn?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by zinaunreal(m): 12:23am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
who’s your father once again? Shey na Fifa president or Pep , omo carpenter, you wey Dey watch football at viewing center think say you get opinion 😂😂😂

You talk like someone that is using a forged brain. I didnt even understand what you typed coz you type without thinking . What did you write explain in better English or go find a proper brain.

It's funny how people like you jump out of dark holes and come on here to comment . If you cannot construct your replies crawl back into your hole
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Konjiboii: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2023
At this point it's very glare to see this award ceremony is a scam. Last season and this current season even Ronaldo is performing better. I can't remember last feat messi did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Slimwhyt(m): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2023
Sprints3:
another fool spotted mods feel free to ban me... Nonsense piggy messi clown

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:25am On Oct 31, 2023
emmnprince:

Abeg, this banter too much na! If to say Ronaldo, by mistake, catch you after reading all these your words ehn?
lol, you no dey see the way penadogs Dey drag Leo, most esp that crackhead obemumu, table don turn, eras come to end… I’m their nemesis on this forum… we are just getting started

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:26am On Oct 31, 2023
Goddyrichie:
so u waste ur time and energy to write this up cuz of Ronaldo that don’t even know maybe u exist or not
so you read my write up, you mindless mor0n, if I want him to see it I will paste on his socials, but this na for penadogs make e send una to early grave… ogun kee your papa

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by zinaunreal(m): 12:27am On Oct 31, 2023
Riggers association

Tinubu, israel, fifa, and just recently the boxing association. Them no dey hide am again
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:27am On Oct 31, 2023
zinaunreal:

You talk like someone that is using a forged brain. I didnt even understand what you typed coz you type without thinking . What did you write explain in better English or go find a proper brain.

It's funny how people like you jump out of dark holes and come on here to comment . If you cannot construct your replies crawl back into your hole
I don’t engage ediots, I cursed em, na why you Dey get those response. Nonentity, I don’t waste letters on em

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by zinaunreal(m): 12:30am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
I don’t engage ediots, I cursed em, na why you Dey get those response. Nonentity, I don’t waste letters on em

Now you're trying to prove you have a touch of vocabulary. Old man ran back to his English dictionary. Use better screw drivers to screw in common sense into your head before you type
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Numerouno94(m): 12:30am On Oct 31, 2023
zinaunreal:
I remember when this award was sweet and merited. Now it's useless and boxing just proved that most of these sports are rigged. Humanity is heading for a downward spiral. If you can read between the lines you'll understand.

Thank God for non mainstream media like tiktok that exposes everything. The most hated social media of the American government. I really got no instrest in awards anymore . They dont even hide their scams anymore

The award used to b sweet wen Frank Ribery was robbed and his balon d'or given to Ronaldo in 2013, which was equally described as the most controversial award in the history of the award.

The award used to b sweet wen Ronaldo was winning it back to back.

It's no longer sweet to Pendu fan girls because Messi has bn winning it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by emmnprince(m): 12:31am On Oct 31, 2023
AImiron:
lol, you no dey see the way penadogs Dey drag Leo, most esp that crackhead obemumu, table don turn, eras come to end… I’m their nemesis on this forum… we are just getting started

You mean Obembet? Well, just as every Aboki dey carry their own kettle, na so every football fan and lover dey carry their beloveth player too!

Just as Obembet is for Christiano Ronaldo so is Almiron for Lionel Messi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Iceking1(m): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2023
Interesting
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by zinaunreal(m): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2023
Numerouno94:

The award used to b sweet wen Frank Ribery was robbed and his balon d'or give to Ronaldo in 2013, which was equally described as the most controversial award in the history of the award.

The award used to b sweet wen Ronaldo was winning it back to back.

It's no longer sweet to Pendu fan girls because Messi has bn winning it.

This one quoting like I'm pinpointing just one sport here. My friend wake pass and join crown
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by mayor1814: 12:32am On Oct 31, 2023
I just laugh wen the media, tapnaldo fans and tapnaldo himself talks about the issue of rivalry or debate or whatever, wen clearly there is no any debate. As far as I'm concerned, the debate or rivalry ended about 13/12 years ago in 2010/2011 with all the skills, dribbles, creativity, ball control, beauty etc Messi always come up with. No player can ever do that.

Now to the celebration of messi 8th ballon dor, we that do not allow emotion to cloud our judgment regarding the world best player ever, we are feeding good and fine. We don't go extra miles doing the works of sudden lawyers by mistake defending nonsense because Messi has made our job easier with all the glaring and shining evidence.

Make I continue with my Guinness stout and assorted jare to celebrate Messi. grin
The best football player to ever play the game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by Numerouno94(m): 12:32am On Oct 31, 2023
UrMomsBabyBoy:
Ojoro. Haaland should have won that shit.

U re irrelevant in the scheme of tinz. So keep crying....m
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by HITsquad: 12:34am On Oct 31, 2023
Behold.... The man, the myth... the legend!
Congrats to the one and only undisputed Goat!🐐.

For those shouting rigging, yall should check your brains....

Only Messi's World cup alone is equivalent to Haaland's treble trophies FR.

And when it comes to individual stats?? Haaland had more goals? Yeah. And now You want to base the greatest individual award in global football on goals alone? Really? It doesn't work like that.
There's a reason the Balloon d'or trophy itself has a gold plated football on it and not a football boot! It's because it's an award based on overall performance and not just on goals ok? Leave all that hate behind and Think!!!

Let me break this down in a way that most of y'all brain dead Messi haters will understand.

Listen... if football was a building construction, then Goal scoring is only the roofing stage. So What about the building architecture? What about The building foundation and every other process leading to the final stage of the building... which is the roofing??
Look. This is what sets Leonel Messi apart from Ronaldo and every other supposed "rival...."
And this is also the reason why Messi won the Balon d'or and not Haaland.

"Messi is the overall building process that leads to the roofing! And oh this is where it gets even more interesting: He also happens to be one of the best in the roofing business as well."

Ronaldo is "probably" the greatest goal scorer of our time. Haaland on the other hand is a young goal machine!
But comparing those two to Leo Messi is not and will never be logical.... Only sentimental.

Messi is simply the all round Greatest of all time.... it doesn't take much to see... Just try watching the man from a neutral,unbiased and hate-free angle for 45 minutes.
Only then you would realize that we are all privileged to be part of the generation that witnessed Leonel Messi play live. And also CR7 (to be fair)

Congrats to the GOAT 🐐

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by UrMomsBabyBoy: 12:34am On Oct 31, 2023
Numerouno94:

U re irrelevant in the scheme of tinz. So keep crying....m

Shut up. Your god Messi won World Cup by scoring 10 Ojoro penalties 😂😅😅

#Pessi
#FifaBoy
#EveryoneKnowsRonaldoisTheGOAT
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Record-Extending Eighth Ballon D’or Award by AImiron: 12:36am On Oct 31, 2023
emmnprince:

You mean ? Well, just as every Aboki dey carry their own kettle, na so every football fan and lover dey carry their beloveth player too!

Just as is for Christiano Ronaldo so is Almiron for Lionel Messi
Yes, I don’t want to tag it. What goes around comes around, payback is sweet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts / Jovic Completes €70m Real Madrid Move On Six-year Contract / Taiwo Awoniyi Welcomes Baby Boy After His Goal Against Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.