Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism (635 Views)

Tinubu: FBI Did Not Release Any Tinubu's Record Today 30 - David Hundeyin / Join Tinubu!: David Hundeyin Expels Fraudulent Peter Obi Supporters From Base / Senator Danjuma Goje Retires From Elective Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by tinsel: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2023
After feeding fats from the obidients and feeding them lies, David Hundeying has retired from investigative journalism.
https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1719074230812242173?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

1 Like

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by tinsel: 7:18am On Oct 31, 2023
Read below his detailed lamentations:
In October 2022, Aaron Greenspan and I commenced an FOIA request process regarding Bola Tinubu's extensive criminal records with US law enforcement.

Over the next several months, we worked diligently and in silence as the case made its way through the FOIA rejection appeal and subsequent court process.

I had every opportunity to let the world know about the case and our work on it, but I have always understood that the one superpower I have as an independent investigative journalist is the ability to move in silence and carefully manage information. The extent to which nobody knows how much I know is the extent to which my work has power.

In May, someone decided to do a search of cases involving Tinubu's name on PACER, the public
@uscourts
database. They came across our lawsuit, which was still in its adolescence at the time, and decided to publish it. I checked Twitter one afternoon and lo and behold - the details of this lawsuit, which I had been quietly funding out of my personal PayPal account splashed all over Twitter in the name of journalism.

From that moment, Tinubu's people were effectively given advance notice to pull out all the legal, political and diplomatic tricks in their arsenal. This was the exact reason why I did not publicise the case when we started working on it, but PACER is a public database and the inability of other people to keep their mouths shut is not under my control.

After having initially stated unambiguously that it would comply with our FOIA clearly titled "Bola Ahmed Tinubu and K.O. Tinubu," after we filed the lawsuit, the FBI today has walked back on its position and now claims that it will only release documents not directly mentioning Bola Tinubu.

Of course it is impossible to prove what manner and extent of political interference and lobbying has taken place here, but what I do know is that we never had these problems until Nigerian journalists who were not involved in the case, and who made no effort to investigate Tinubu's background until they saw an opportunity for cheap gloryhunting, involved themselves and destroyed the one advantage we had - stealth.

My 1 year+ of hard work and financial commitment has just gone to waste because some people's need for loud headlines was more important than anything else.

Thank you and goodnight. Una try.
Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by JASONjnr(m): 7:26am On Oct 31, 2023
Dude is controversial.... He should rest biko..

He has gotten all the attention he needed.

He doesn't take sides, he battles any government on power.... For no reason..

Just be in power and David will criticise everything about you....

That's not journalism, but foolishness.

5 Likes

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by EyeCumInPiss: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2023
Yes, he may have failed in exposing Thïefnubu's criminal records, but the druggie still remains a criminal and certificate forger. 👋

2 Likes

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by Stephench: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2023
The fact that Tinubu has a file with FBI is a disgrace to Nigeria. Only hardened criminals have such files
Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by DMerciful(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2023
Stockholm syndrome
JASONjnr:
Dude is controversial.... He should rest biko..

He has gotten all the attention he needed.

He doesn't take sides, he battles any government on power.... For no reason..

Just be in power and David will criticise everything about you....

That's not journalism, but foolishness.
Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by derecho(m): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2023
If true, i respect him.
He has done what FBI, Tsamani,Okoro and many journalists can not do.
At least we now know tinubu
FBI or No FBI

David Hundeyin, The man who demystified Bobo Chicago...Kikikiki

1 Like

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 31, 2023
He was never a journalist. He's a politician

4 Likes

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by raskymonojendor: 8:42am On Oct 31, 2023
Spirit04:
He was never a journalist. He's a politician
He is Atiku's toy.

3 Likes

Re: FBI Refusal To Release Any File On Tinubu: David Hundey Retires From Journalism by Goke7: 8:55am On Oct 31, 2023
grin Na to go hustle student visa now as asylum parole no work

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Best Do You Think Gov. Fubara Should Handle The Current Political Issue? / Open Letter To Gov Fubara Regarding The Recent Peace Agreement - CEO / Election Win: The Strategy APC Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.