Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos (25977 Views)

Wike Welcomes German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz, To Abuja (Photos) / German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz Meets President Tinubu (Pictures) / German Chancellor Olaf Scholz To Visit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by lexy2014: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2023
Vixlot:
PHOTOS: German Chancellor Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos

see as Nigerians pack themselves wear suit to host a foreigner (who is so simple) for the visit to a Yoruba cultural centre instead of wearing native. they look like they went visiting a German cultural centre. when the deputy governor saw the chancellor, he realised he was over dressed nd had to remove his tie
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by sagitariusbaby(m): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Padipadi:

As long as you no bring Ekaladerhan story, you are welcome. Cos na Bini people knows where their lost prince take enter one chance bus waka go world beyond sotey dem think say Oduduwa na their Izoduwa.
If dem born any Edo pikin, Niger Delta, Igbo or Hausa well make them talk here this noon if I no go tell you how your papa take borrow money do ya naming!
Wetin you say your papa do again? Born throway like you
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by SonOfDSoil01: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
grin honestly i thought benin like some shameless pigs made us to believe, lagos belong to the benin people cheesy so i wonder why we are not having benin cultural center in lagos instead of yoruba cultural center grin......justice for benin people angry

6 Likes

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Alsenora: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
The culture is indeed very artistic. Their praise poetry and panegyrics are etched in deep oral tradition, quite sonorous too.
aQUINandmore:

As someone from Edo, I find myself drawn to the Yoruba culture of Nigeria. It's not just a fascination; it's a deep appreciation and love that I hold for what I consider to be the most beautiful culture in Africa. It might seem unusual for me to have such an affinity for a culture outside of my own, but there's something truly special about the Yoruba heritage that captivates my heart.

The Yoruba culture is a tapestry of history, a masterpiece of traditions that have withstood the test of time. It's like a living museum of Africa's past, present, and future. I can't help but be entranced by its richness and depth.

What stands out most is the way Yoruba culture weaves together a complex fabric of language, spirituality, art, and community. The Yoruba language is like a dance, with its melodious flow and expressive words that seem to carry stories within each syllable. It's a language that can paint a picture with its very pronunciation.

Their spiritual beliefs are equally captivating. The Yoruba pantheon of gods, the Orisha, is a fascinating blend of mythology and reverence. The intricate rituals, divinations, and ceremonies that honor these deities are nothing short of mesmerizing. I admire the profound connection they maintain with their ancestors, believing that the spirits continue to guide and protect them.

Yoruba artistry is a realm of wonder. The Adire and Aso-oke textiles are not merely fabrics; they are works of art. Each pattern and motif tells a story, preserving their history and heritage in threads. The intricate beadwork, the stunning masks, and the sculptures are a testament to the incredible talent and creativity of the Yoruba people.

Music and dance are like the heartbeats of the Yoruba culture. The talking drums, the rhythms of Sango, and the energy of Ogun's dance, all come together to create a unique and exhilarating symphony. Their festivals, like the Eyo and Osun, are a spectacle of color and joy, a testament to the celebratory spirit that runs through their veins.

What's most striking is the strong sense of community and family in the Yoruba culture. I, from Edo, can't help but appreciate the way they embrace one another, the warmth in their interactions, and the strength of their bonds. They place great importance on names, known as "Oruko," and I admire how they cherish their ancestors and carry their legacies forward through generations.

It's worth noting that my love for Yoruba culture does not diminish my love for my own Edo heritage. Rather, it serves as a testament to the beauty of diversity in Nigeria. We are a tapestry of cultures, each offering something unique and beautiful. The Yoruba culture, in all its magnificence, adds vibrancy to the mosaic of our nation.

So, as someone from Edo with a deep admiration for the Yoruba culture, I can't help but celebrate their traditions and their profound impact on Nigeria and Africa as a whole. The Yoruba culture, with its language, spirituality, art, and sense of community, is a treasure that enriches us all.

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by lexy2014: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
atobs4real:
Welcome to the most recognized cultural heritage
Yoruba leads and others follows

but see the way the yorubas led by the deputy governor are all dressed like white men. they look like they went to germany to visit a german cultural centre. the deputy governor after seeing the Chancellor in his simplicity, realised that he was overdressed and decided to remove his tie. they are hosting a foreigner to a yoruba cultural event and they are wearing suit

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by atobs4real(m): 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
lexy2014:

but see the way the yorubas led by the deputy governor are all dressed like white men. they look like they went to germany to visit a german cultural centre. the deputy governor after seeing he Chancellor in his simplicity, realised that he was overdressed and decided to remove his tie. they are hosting a foreigner to a yoruba cultural event and they are wearing suit
The guest knew what he wants.
To check on cultural heritage not individual dressing.

2 Likes

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by CHAQUR: 3:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
The Yorubas will be the first & the best gainer... If Nigeria divides. Yoruba is the only reason Nigeria is still one. The other two can't stand independently as blessed as the Yorubas. Every factors of consideration for independence favor the Yorubas. Yet, they keep their cool.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by BigBashiru: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2023
The western Europeans are savages...these are unrepentant colonialists always looking for African prey....

Nigeria is much better off dealing with Iran, Brazil, Paraguay, India etc than the colonialists and savages of western europe.

Electricity was first invented in Africa and Middle East....they claimed it was Faraday that invented....they steal from around the world.... they tried to erase African history....though they partially succeeded (most Africans hv inferiority complex) but the truth such as the Timbuktumanuscripts show libraries existed in Mali before they did in Paris....

Nigeria will be much better off running away from the colonial regimes of western europe: France, UK, Belgium, Germany and Portugal and Italy....

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by GreatManBee: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
aQUINandmore:

As someone from Edo, I find myself drawn to the Yoruba culture of Nigeria. It's not just a fascination; it's a deep appreciation and love that I hold for what I consider to be the most beautiful culture in Africa. It might seem unusual for me to have such an affinity for a culture outside of my own, but there's something truly special about the Yoruba heritage that captivates my heart.

The Yoruba culture is a tapestry of history, a masterpiece of traditions that have withstood the test of time. It's like a living museum of Africa's past, present, and future. I can't help but be entranced by its richness and depth.

What stands out most is the way Yoruba culture weaves together a complex fabric of language, spirituality, art, and community. The Yoruba language is like a dance, with its melodious flow and expressive words that seem to carry stories within each syllable. It's a language that can paint a picture with its very pronunciation.

Their spiritual beliefs are equally captivating. The Yoruba pantheon of gods, the Orisha, is a fascinating blend of mythology and reverence. The intricate rituals, divinations, and ceremonies that honor these deities are nothing short of mesmerizing. I admire the profound connection they maintain with their ancestors, believing that the spirits continue to guide and protect them.

Yoruba artistry is a realm of wonder. The Adire and Aso-oke textiles are not merely fabrics; they are works of art. Each pattern and motif tells a story, preserving their history and heritage in threads. The intricate beadwork, the stunning masks, and the sculptures are a testament to the incredible talent and creativity of the Yoruba people.

Music and dance are like the heartbeats of the Yoruba culture. The talking drums, the rhythms of Sango, and the energy of Ogun's dance, all come together to create a unique and exhilarating symphony. Their festivals, like the Eyo and Osun, are a spectacle of color and joy, a testament to the celebratory spirit that runs through their veins.

What's most striking is the strong sense of community and family in the Yoruba culture. I, from Edo, can't help but appreciate the way they embrace one another, the warmth in their interactions, and the strength of their bonds. They place great importance on names, known as "Oruko," and I admire how they cherish their ancestors and carry their legacies forward through generations.

It's worth noting that my love for Yoruba culture does not diminish my love for my own Edo heritage. Rather, it serves as a testament to the beauty of diversity in Nigeria. We are a tapestry of cultures, each offering something unique and beautiful. The Yoruba culture, in all its magnificence, adds vibrancy to the mosaic of our nation.

So, as someone from Edo with a deep admiration for the Yoruba culture, I can't help but celebrate their traditions and their profound impact on Nigeria and Africa as a whole. The Yoruba culture, with its language, spirituality, art, and sense of community, is a treasure that enriches us all.
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by lexy2014: 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
atobs4real:

The guest knew what he wants.
To check on cultural heritage not individual dressing.

individual dressing is a reflection of what cultural heritage?

Can u separate individual dressing from cultural heritage?
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Padipadi(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2023
sagitariusbaby:
Wetin you say your papa do again? Born throway like you
Original born throway, say wetin pass ya Papa mouth make I wozz you slap!
You no dey look face?
Talk history. You be Igbo, Almajiri-Cow Family, Hausa or Fulani, Bini, ijaws or what?
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Patriotsleague: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
Padipadi:

Thank you o for reminding Igbos that they are indeed poor and desperate.
Erm Bini boy, ori e baje.
Yorubas aren't ya mate!
You said you don't need anybody to survive in Nigeria. The fine boy, sleek handsome prince wey Yorubas loan una nko?
I mean Odede wey become ya first king and gave birth to Owomika.
See, no make I enter Edo too much o!
You know say na Yoruba identity una borrow. Meanwhile, you dey talk say I be agbero. You mean a whole medical doctor agbero?
No let me shook you bottle o! 🍾
Stupid agbero, embarrassing reasonable yorubas out there. Stop looking for owomida try and be productive. You indecent area tout, na una dey cause problem for lagosians after sneaking in from Ibadan and ogun states after commiting crimes there, Lagos state government won't spare you because you are Yoruba o, be productive. Mad osa' nle...if you see me walahi you and your bottle go run, in terms of madness and fighting to kill.

Your type are the ones peddling all types of false revisionist stories, claiming they come from Edo chiefs etc, please learn to respect our distinct mighty empire, we don't know any yorubas prince, it's a figment of your false imaginations spread around by your chiefs, who even claim igbos came from yorubas and that Yoruba man was the first human...is that not mad talk?

Where are the similarities in culture, language, symbols, and mannerisms between us, or between Yoruba and igbos?

I don't see any Edo or Benin people on nairaland lambasting yorubas, we don't engage in such childish banters and frivolities...I had to respond to your unwarranted attack, to tell you to your face that you are an area tout, useless to Lagos state and southwest.
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by ChristianMuslim: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Yoruba finally won the contest.. Game Over.. Goodnight Easterner

5 Likes

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Bovis(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
9jatriot:
When we say do not deliberately make your region unsafe, they will think it is hatred. It is beautiful things like this that make us say it.

There is no region in Nigeria that cannot boast of cultural beauty if we all harness our potentials.

Say whatever you want to say about Lagos, it is far better run than any other part of Nigeria. It is one of the many reasons why many of us support Tinubu.

Our hope or belief is that he is able to replicate or even better what he was able to start in Lagos.
💯 you captured it brilliantly as a true patriot

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by seguno2: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2023
9jatriot:
When we say do not deliberately make your region unsafe, they will think it is hatred. It is beautiful things like this that make us say it.

There is no region in Nigeria that cannot boast of cultural beauty if we all harness our potentials.

Say whatever you want to say about Lagos, it is far better run than any other part of Nigeria. It is one of the many reasons why many of us support Tinubu.

Our hope or belief is that he is able to replicate or even better what he was able to start in Lagos.

Whatever you say about Nigeria, it’s still the world capital of extreme poverty and the highest number of children out of school.

Is Lagos part of this Nigeria, such that Lagosians are doing voluntary second slavery to European and North American countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by porthouse7(f): 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
Macdeey:
grin
Meanwhile................... grin grin grin grin

Throwback grin grin grin
this coward
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Mosba: 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Your
expressions are so sweet. You understand English die

5 Likes

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Padipadi(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
Patriotsleague:

Stupid agbero, embarrassing reasonable yorubas out there. Stop looking for owomida try and be productive. You indecent area tout, na una dey cause problem for lagosians after sneaking in from Ibadan and ogun states after commiting crimes there, Lagos state government won't spare you because you are Yoruba o, be productive. Mad osa' nle...if you see me walahi you and your bottle go run, in terms of madness and fighting to kill.

Your type are the ones peddling all types of false revisionist stories, claiming they come from Edo chiefs etc, please learn to respect our distinct mighty empire, we don't know any yorubas prince, it's a figment of your false imaginations spread around by your chiefs, who even claim igbos came from yorubas and that Yoruba man was the first human...is that not mad talk?

Where are the similarities in culture, language, symbols, and mannerisms between us, or between Yoruba and igbos?

I don't see any Edo or Benin people on nairaland lambasting yorubas, we don't engage in such childish banters and frivolities...I had to respond to your unwarranted attack, to tell you to your face that you are an area tout, useless to Lagos state and southwest.
Real Edo Agbero, you head big like Wike head!
The Edo boy that acknowledged Yorubas is a real Benin boy living in Sakponba. I gave you a simple theory. Yorubas borrow Benin Odede yes or no?
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Patriotsleague: 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
Padipadi:

Real Edo Agbero, you head big like Wike head!
The Edo boy that acknowledged Yorubas is a real Benin boy living in Sakponba. I gave you a simple theory. Yorubas borrow Benin Odede yes or no?
That person is an imposter... anyways even if he praised your culture doesn't mean you should let it get into your small head. We don't have anything from Yoruba culture or heritage...our obas and several Benin Chiefs have come out on national dailies to discredit all the lies by your Ooni and that other Yoruba chief that wears dark glasses and behave like a gangster...all myths, lies and fables to suit a false narrative, I suggest you listen to reasonable Yoruba obas and chiefs like Erelu Dosunmu and oba of Lagos, they will tell you a neutral story about Benin rich history and empire.

All your claims have no empirical evidence...all the world renowned monuments are in Benin, the Benin city walls, the Benin moat, the priceless works of bronze, all are in Benin none in Yoruba land. Get some sense little area tout.
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by itsene: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
aQUINandmore:

You are not Edo. The nuances are a little contrived.

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Padipadi(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2023
Patriotsleague:

That person is an imposter... anyways even if he praised your culture doesn't mean you should let it get into your small head. We don't have anything from Yoruba culture or heritage...our obas and several Benin Chiefs have come out on national dailies to discredit all the lies by your Ooni and that other Yoruba chief...all myths, lies and fables to suit a false narrative, no empirical evidence to back any of it.
All liers shall go to hell fire!
So you mean Oranmiyan aka Odede wasn't the first Oba of Benin?
If your lying chief's lied, shey your Obas too will lie?
Have they forgotten the location of their dad's estate in Oyo?
Before I give you finishing, debunk it if Yoruba culture influenced Benin own!
Yes or no?
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Azzik: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
9jatriot:

Stop this your hatred oga it won't take you anywhere...I know you are referring to the igbos...how about the north that is ravage by terrorist and herdsmen...tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Alsenora: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
Reno is Itshekiri, a people more or less Yoruba in culture...
theophorus:
But some people claim say that stay na "no man's land", hope say those people get "no man's" cultural village for that state to show the Germany Chancellor.

One CRV wen dey claim GRV dey talk anyhow.
See as oga Chancellor dey listen carefully cos of interesting briefs wen dem dey give am about Yoruba people.

Well, make we hope say dem go learn to live in peace probably when next that Chancellor comes, he go fit visit their area.

Reno, has been doing a good job for the Yoruba culture PR recently.
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Traplord09: 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
Welcome German Chancellor to the heartbeat and economic nerve centre of Yorubaland and Nigeria

Meanwhile, an Obidient has this to say concerning the German Chancellor's visit to Nigeria..... cheesy

He no hard tinuubff to sell the country.
German chancellor . Having is time at YB land
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by Patriotsleague: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
Padipadi:

All liers shall go to hell fire!
So you mean Oranmiyan aka Odede wasn't the first Oba of Benin?
If your lying chief's lied, shey your Obas too will lie?
Have they forgotten the location of their dad's estate in Oyo?
Before I give you finishing, debunk it if Yoruba culture influenced Benin own!
Yes or no?
You be mumu. Why are the world's renowned monuments like the Benin wall and moat in Benin, what great monuments does your so called Yoruba heritage have?

Why does all the artworks depict our kings, cultures and symbols and not yours?

Why are the priceless bronze works in Benin and not Ile'Ife...it's possible we had interactions, as Benin had lots of slaves, it's possible some yorubas were working for us then, am sure we used slaves to build the Benin city walls, the moats and all our infrastructure then...the Benin moat, city wall, and priceless bronze works are still in existence today... empirical evidence, not fables and myths of oduduwa coming from the sky grin

You are an idiot, show me any similarities between the two regions...in language, culture, symbols and artistry...stop believing in fables, this is 2023. Benin as a location and people, is older than the yorubas. Stop talking like an idiot.

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
highness25:
if na Nigerian Chancellor go their side Dem go give am this kind treatment? I'm just asking!
See another illiterates grin
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by 9jatriot(m): 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2023
That statement applies everywhere including the North as you have correctly mentioned.

How you arrived at me referring to just one tribe is beyond me though.

Azzik:

Stop this your hatred oga it won't take you anywhere...I know you are referring to the igbos...how about the north that is ravage by terrorist and herdsmen ...tribal bigot
Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
BigBashiru:

Don't mind the inferiority complex laden Nigerians....
Chai Jesus, so una plenty like this? I no dey argue for this Nairaland again ajeh, 'cause wtf? grin

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by oloshun(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2023
aQUINandmore:

From your piece up here, I am marveled. Your presentation speaks high volume of your intelligence. If you don't mind, I would like us to engage more on academic issues. I have sent you an email request in your NL page. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by commoditiesnig: 4:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
Welcome German Chancellor to the heartbeat and economic nerve centre of Yorubaland and Nigeria

Meanwhile, an Obidient has this to say concerning the German Chancellor's visit to Nigeria..... cheesy
No no.. I can't believe someone wrote that on X. embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Visits Yoruba Cultural Centre In Lagos by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2023
PDPdestroyer:

You can't blame him. He doesn't know that the word Chancellor also means Prime Minister.

Germans chose to use the word - Chancellor to be different I guess

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi "IRONICALLY" Congratulates Nigeria For Matching China At The COP28 / PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Cries Out Over Inec’s Decision To Use Incident Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.