Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,125 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? (34665 Views)

Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender Indefinitely – CBN / Naira Redesign: Old, New Notes Are Legal Tender – CBN Reveals / FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:31am On Nov 01, 2023
Rich man pikin go think say na the money Judas collect in those days take sell Jesus.

Then they'll be like: “doddy, isn't that ..what's his name...Tafawa Belewa?“

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2023
Indomie generation children go begin Google "Zambia currency pictures"

₦1 know say en no go last naim e use student visa japa early. ₦5 bin dey mock am that time.

Btw, the ₦10 retained some of its designs but it's totally useless today. Even Alvan Ikoku no dey smile for the design again; he's now smirking. It cannot even afford Maggi anymore nor sachet water! The last value na to complete balance.

Tafawa Belewa left the chat.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by tollyboy5(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2023
That longer naira note was the best for me. Polymer na rubbish! Emefiele edition na scam! Major scam!
Obidient supported scam!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2023
We create coins we really no use for once. If you hear the billions wey lost, you go taya. Another billions was lost to convert these to polymer. We still never know the value.

Abi which reasons dem give why we no dey use coins sef? Oh, I even forget ₦20 don dey useless too for Naija.

Let's not even talk of the ink they poured on the currency this year and called it new currency.

Nigeria is the only country now confused about its legal tender. Today they tell us this is invalid, tomorrow it's valid. We dey use two currencies all because political actors are fighting.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:36am On Nov 01, 2023
Do you know that the cost for printing one ₦20 note is one thousand times more expensive than the note?

4 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2023
The reasons they gave for not making the ₦5000 note was also totally illiterate.

For theft safety? Really? So you prefer carry money in $$$ in Nigeria, whereby increasing their FX?

Why must we increasing the $$ forex in Nigeria when we don't really spend it here!! But you can't even try that in Las Vegas gambling pool!

Is this also international relations?
We dumb.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by richeeyo(m): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2023
This are the best and most beautiful currencies Nigeria ever had, small but mighty

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by LeoDeKing: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2023
How can 50 kobo be a note?
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Wujio: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2023
I spent that 1 Naira like bastard. Discontinued i think January 1991

6 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by brain54(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2023
Chai…

Memories just flooded my mind especially when I saw the 20# note.

Nigerians don’t like coins. It’s an open secret.

Reason why printing higher dominations like 5k notes may lead to inflation. It’s always been like that. ( my layman understanding)

But you have a point… people beat the system by carrying bulk cash in dollars.

Nigeria has a unique system and what works everywhere might not work here!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:
I spent that 1 Naira like bastard. Discontinued i think January 1991

When oil was discovered in Nigeria, that was the very time we created our problems.

5 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2023
tollyboy5:
That longer naira note was the best for me. Polymer na rubbish! Emefiele edition na scam! Major scam!
Obidient supported scam!

It was Soludo then, I think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Racoon(m): 8:52am On Nov 01, 2023
Humn! Nigeria's currency evolution was a gross tragedy as its bastardized economy.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Roger3D(m): 8:57am On Nov 01, 2023
When N20 notes were the next best thing. That was the 80's

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Roger3D(m): 8:58am On Nov 01, 2023
chatinent:

It was Soludo then, I think.
2007 exactly. It was Soludo and he did a great job by introducing it

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Bizibi(m): 9:03am On Nov 01, 2023
In 1996 you dare not carry 50 naira as a student in secondary School,in 1988,I carried 5 naira to school and the teacher asked me who gave it to me,she was frowning her face.

I can't imagine the 20 naira I was using to feed everyday in secondary School is the same currency we are using to buy one pure water satchel.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by bhella10: 9:12am On Nov 01, 2023
I checked I didn't see Epini
I checked no Toro
No eye owo
Your list is incomplete

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Wujio: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2023
Bizibi:
In 1996 you dare not carry 50 naira as a student in secondary School,in 1988,I carried 5 naira to school and the teacher asked me who gave it to me,she was frowning her face.

I can't imagine the 20 naira I was using to feed everyday in secondary School is the same currency we are using to buy one pure water satchel.

5 Naira in 1988 is buggest boy o. The standard then was less than a 50kobo or 1 Naira coin per meal. Approximately 2.5 kobo was my daily spending for feeding in school

6 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Bizibi(m): 9:47am On Nov 01, 2023
Wujio:

5 Naira in 1988 is buggest boy o. The standard then was less than a 50kobo or 1 Naira coin per meal. Approximately 2.5 kobo was my daily spending for feeding in school
the teacher knock my head on that day. She told my mother and I got a second knock for stealing the 5 naira. Me wey nor know the worth of am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Cerebellum: 10:58am On Nov 01, 2023
You'll hear, "chibuzor, take this #10 go buy kulikuli
and sugar make you and your brother take during garri, do fast o"

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by chatinent: 12:13pm On Nov 01, 2023
Indomie generation no even know say e get when Indomie na ₦20.

Now Indomie no get taste.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by ahnie: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2023
Chai bring back memories....my papa carry mint #50 note spoil us that year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nigeria My Country!
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Cheryph200(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2023
So what should we do with this ..I want to hear good news please
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Kingkehinde(m): 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
The good old times

Securing your intellectual property through trademark, patent, copyright, and other neighboring rights is not just a legal formality; it's a strategic imperative. In today's dynamic and competitive landscape, these registrations serve as the bedrock of safeguarding your creative and innovative assets. Here's why you need to prioritize intellectual property protection:

1. Legal protection
2. Brand recognition
3. Innovation security
4. Monetary value
5. Global market access
6. Deterrence and enforcement
7. Creative control, and more

Ready to Unlock Your Innovation, Safeguard Your Creations! 🚀 As an Intellectual Property Lawyer, I specialize in registering trademarks, patents, and copyrights.

Excited to turn your ideas into legal shields? Ready to safeguard your brilliance? Contact me today for a consultation. Your ideas, our protection! ⚖️✨
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by socialmediaman: 5:13pm On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by zombieHUNTER: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
tollyboy5:
Obidient supported scam!

Wetin concern Buhari APc appointee like Emefiele with Obidients...

Are you daft?

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Kingpele(m): 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
When naira get value
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by Chigozie321: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2023
It's all memories now.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by emmy4real94(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
grin
https://www.nairaland.com/7912108/rich-nigerians-exploit-poor-kcee#126985732

Let's engage this thread and make it a front page let's discuss Rich Nigerians greed. Once and for all...
Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by saasala(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
The same Naira that has lost its pristine glory making the Frontpage of Nairaland.

Of what use is this thread, please?

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Legal Tender. Do You Remember? by AOB1: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN Gets Approval For Momo Bank In Nigeria As It Diversifies Into Banking / Can 150k Start A Gas Refill Business? / Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.