Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail (20997 Views)

Governor Fubara: ‘I Feel Heavy In My Spirit, It’s Not Been Easy,’ / Fubara: I Would Have Punished You Long Ago – Dele Momodu Tells Wike / Seyi Makinde: I Will Surrender My Immunity If Found Guilty Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Morbeta11(m): 6:30am On Dec 08, 2023

Rivers state governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has vowed that no level of sabotage deliberately staged in some quarters will compel him to abandon his mandate to serve, protect and advance the fortunes of the state.

Fubara, who said he would not relinquish the mandate he received from the people to intimidation and blackmail, insisted that he would follow the path of peace, saying that needless crisis would not benefit the state.

The governor spoke when he declared open the 115 and 116 combined Quarterly General Meeting of Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers in Port Harcourt on Thursday, December 7.

Fubara reaffirmed his commitment to serve with humility, sincerity of purpose, and accountability.

He said: “Although these are trying times, let us not forget that Rivers State is our collective inheritance, presently under my watch, to protect, defend and advance it as the governor.

“I assure you that I will not fail in this responsibility nor will I surrender our mandate and progress to intimidation, blackmail, and deliberate sabotage. I reaffirm my earlier statement and recommit myself to the path of peace as there is nothing to gain in a state of needless crisis.”

Fubara said drastic measures would be taken to strengthen education, healthcare, and social services across the state including the rural areas.

The governor said the 2024 budget of the state would prioritize and provide sufficient funding to create universal access to affordable and quality education and healthcare services in Rivers.

The governor said: “We will also take deliberate steps to unlock the entrepreneurial spirit among our teeming unemployed youths through viable initiatives on skills development, entrepreneurship training, and targeted investments in commercial agriculture.”

Fubara urged traditional rulers to be upright and royal fathers of integrity, who would not compromise their neutrality.

He also enjoined them to be courageous to speak truth to power so that they would not lose their moral authority and legitimacy before their people.

He said: “We must all be worried about the plight of our youths, especially those in rural communities, most of whom are poor, neglected, and almost forgotten in the government’s development plans, policies, and actions.

“As we all know, no human society can progress without peace and security. I will therefore urge you to continue to work tirelessly for the preservation of peace and security to attract sustainable development to your communities.”

The governor also harped on the need for everybody to have faith in the renewed hope agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led administration at the federal level.

He said President Tinubu had shown determination to pull the nation out of the prevailing economic nightmare and usher in a new era of sustainable economic progress.

In his address, the Chairman of Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers, Ohna Sergeant Chidi Awuse declared the firm support of the council to the administration of Governor Siminalayi Fubara, saying he was elected as the best and trusted person to lead the state.

Ohna Awuse urged troublemakers fanning the ember of discord to cease the acts and allow the governor to discharge the functions of his office.

Also speaking, Rivers State Commissioner for Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, Charles Amadi said his ministry had continued to maintain a harmonious relationship with the council and would keep collaborating with them to assist them in discharging their roles as royal fathers.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-wont-surrender-my-mandate-to-sabotage-intimidation-blackmail-says-fubara/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by goodnessme1(f): 6:31am On Dec 08, 2023
Yoruba Muslims are coming for you.

I don't know why they hate yoruba Christians and every christian.

Be ready to be called Omo Igbo because they are taught from kids to hate Omo Igbo,so anyone they hate including yorubas Christians na Omo Igbo.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Righthussle: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2023
goodnessme1:

I don't know why they hate yoruba Christians.

Please what is bringing Yoruba muslims and Christians in what is going on in Rivers State?

If you're reading my comment, I have a message for you.

MIRACLE HEALING IS FAKE. Don't patronize miracle healers. Go to hospital if you're sick

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Lovemeharder(f): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2023
Good for you.
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by JASONjnr(m): 6:51am On Dec 08, 2023
Fubara should be very careful....

Wike is a federal tools......

Just like Amaechi who was used to beautify the north and was later dumped aside.

Wike can get permission from Tinubu to deal with Fubara and nothing will happen.

But after 8yrs, I hope he will not come out seeking for any political position?

4 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by ATEAMS: 7:01am On Dec 08, 2023
Mmmm
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by id4sho(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2023
This fight no go end , put wike in his place tongue

2 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Nahunger(m): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2023
grin
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Kingozymandias(m): 7:03am On Dec 08, 2023
Kafir matters. no onecares

1 Like

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Themanleshey: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2023
goodnessme1:

Be ready to be called Omo Igbo because they are taught from kids to hate Omo Igbo,so anyone they hate including yorubas Christians na Omo Igbo.

What these fools refuse to understand is that there is nothing like Yoruba Muslim and Yoruba Christian in the whole of Yoruba land !

You are just trying to cause division where there is none . So look for something else to masturbate on . ✌️

40 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by adioolayi(m): 7:03am On Dec 08, 2023
Let's see..

Long way to governance
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Iceiscold: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2023
Path of peace entail careful use of words...

2 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by 4tomandchi: 7:04am On Dec 08, 2023
This man should not bite more than he can shew oh...the Ambode treatment is waiting for him.

Wike is Wicked and dangerous

4 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by joseph1832(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2023
Okay.
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by obembet(f): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2023
Family matter
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by k2money(m): 7:04am On Dec 08, 2023
goodnessme1:

You can't divide yoruba with this tactics, the more you people showing hatred to yoruba Muslim the more we know your agenda is to bring chaos to us. Continue sinking Obi.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by tishbite42: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2023
Let's see how it goes
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by erniok(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2023
This is good. He didn't insult and threaten some of them as his predecessor would have done

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by ArmaniUhuru: 7:06am On Dec 08, 2023
Full blooded Ijaw man has spoken. No shaking.

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Mercury12(m): 7:06am On Dec 08, 2023
goodnessme1:

another mad ipob headless mob on the loose undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by k2money(m): 7:07am On Dec 08, 2023
Righthussle:

Please what is bringing Yoruba muslims and Christians in what is going on in Rivers State?

MIRACLE HEALING IS FAKE. Don't patronize miracle healers. Go to hospital if you're sick
Their agenda is to divide South West votes not knowing Yoruba doesn't care about religion. Now glaring their Obi is a religion bigot

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Djele: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2023
And who told you your drug dealer president will even stay up to four years
JASONjnr:
Fubara should be very careful....

Wike is a federal tools......

Just like Amaechi who was used to beautify the north and was later dumped aside.

Wike can get permission from Tinubu to deal with Fubara and nothing will happen.

But after 8yrs, I hope he will not come out seeking for any political position?

3 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Djele: 7:08am On Dec 08, 2023
Nobody gave u mandate, wike rigged u in

8 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2023
Law
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by DoTheNeedful: 7:08am On Dec 08, 2023
Your mandate? grin grin grin

I can't remember this guy saying anything during his campaign. I am sure he did not spend any amount for campaign and mobilization either. grin

This life is funny sha. Wike put him there to gain access to Rivers money. It's obvious that they have fallen apart. People who didn't help Fubara to get there are obviously the ones cheering him on now. Most of those people also want access to Rivers money, which they would not have gotten if Fubara was still loyal to Wike. The remaining people are supporting Fubara because of their opposition to Wike.

Anyway, I don't care about any of them. God-fatherism is bad for the common people.

8 Likes

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by Skillsnigeria: 7:09am On Dec 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by astonished: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2023
Definitely you are sick, so you need to visit hospital urgently, don't use herbal

goodnessme1:

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fubara: I Won’t Surrender My Mandate To Sabotage, Intimidation, Blackmail by SoNature(m): 7:10am On Dec 08, 2023
Righthussle:

You should be ashamed of yourself!

What's the connection between Jesus and the news story?

If someone tells you that your Muhammed is a paedophile, you will start destroying the country but you enjoy doing that which you wouldn't allow.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Treating Nigerians Like Animals, Catholic Church Tells FG / APC Plans Fresh Offensive To Regain Control Of National Assembly / Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.