Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP (29498 Views)

Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Pay Estimated Billing For Electricity If I’m President / Atiku To Tinubu: Nigerians Won’t Elect A Ghost President / Showunmi To PDP Governors: Nigerians Won’t Accept "Kindergarten President" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Bobloco: 7:13am On Mar 30, 2023
--Labour Party replies DSS

The Labour Party has said it was confident that Nigerians wouldn’t be intimidated into abandoning their legitimate, legal right to seek judicial redress to reclaim their mandate which was freely given to the LP Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi which was brazenly stolen.

Chief Spokesperson of the Labour Party, Dr Yunusa Tanko, said this in response to an alarm raised by the Department of State Services, in Abuja, yesterday.

The DSS alleged that some politicians were plotting to derail democracy through demonstrations and “obtaining frivolous court injunctions” to stop the inauguration of the President-Elect, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu.

Yunusa said, “We are certain that Nigerians who want to take back their country will not be intimidated or blackmailed into abandoning a legitimate course.

“As a party, we have submitted ourselves to pursuing the course of justice through constitutional means, it will not serve as the interest of democracy collapses in Nigeria.

“We will like to ask, where was the DSS when our members and other Nigerians were being attacked, maimed and killed especially in Lagos?

“Where was the DSS when MC Oluomo and his ilk were engaged in ethnic profiling and violence against Nigerians of a certain ethnic nationality over their democratic choices?

“We needed the DSS to step up its game then but it failed. If it had done what it was supposed to, our nation would have been better for it.

“ Now that Nigerians have decided to follow laid down democratic procedures of drawing attention to injustice warnings and threats are being issued.

“The DSS ought to have issued these warnings from the beginning to show Nigerians that this country belongs to all of us and not the personal fiefdom of an individual or a group.

“We urge the DSS to send these words of caution to those bigots who are pushing this country to the brink of disaster with their utterances and violent conduct against other peace-loving Nigerians who do not subscribe to their political views or speak their language.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/interim-govt-nigerians-wont-be-intimidated-into-submission-labour-party-replies-dss/

203 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Corridon: 7:14am On Mar 30, 2023
Nigerians stand with labour party.

504 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Ireportlive: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2023
Good luck

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by SpartaOfLagos: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2023
Interim government, way to go instead of handing over the country to a drug baron and mandate thief

How can I even tell my friends that a drug baron is my president?

217 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by silvoclaira: 7:15am On Mar 30, 2023
Com'on guys

4 Likes

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by rayvelez(m): 7:16am On Mar 30, 2023
The DSS wey no get shame abi which one

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by N2B2: 7:17am On Mar 30, 2023
The DSS has identified some key players in the plot for an Interim Government in Nigeria.

Which players? Why has the DSS not named & shamed these so-called perpetrators?

Do you now understand why no one takes the agency seriously? The DSS is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the ruling party, only capable of arresting people who criticize the government. Now, it's spreading fake allegations to cause panic and dissuade the political parties in court lawfully seeking redress over the just-concluded election.

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by otuomasirichi: 7:21am On Mar 30, 2023
Somebody should tell Tinubu to return that stolen Mandate now otherwise, i will not say what will happen to Tinubu, because if i say it now people might blame me later. But don't put the blame on me undecided

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by raskymonojendor: 7:22am On Mar 30, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
Interim government, way to go instead of handing over the country to a drug baron and mandate thief

How can I even tell my friends that a drug baron is my president?
Yawn 🥱🥱🥱

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Fattesticles: 7:23am On Mar 30, 2023
Why are APC afraid of interim government.

Is buhari not the best thing that happened to Nigeria after catfish pepper soup?

The same Buhari should remain there till court case is done na, why are you crying?

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by cktheluckyman: 7:35am On Mar 30, 2023
Very funny Government agency.

They should name the so-called plotters let's see

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by cktheluckyman: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2023
naija4life247:
This was the beginning of how Igbos sacrificed over three million of their brethren to the Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala, and Esu Odara between 1967 and 1970.

I think they have given birth to more to be sacrificed again
You people always assume you will be immune to the violence if it gets to that.No region in the country has a monopoly over violence.Nigeria does not begin and end in Lagos

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by DMerciful(m): 7:37am On Mar 30, 2023
Obidients can never be intimidated. We will not allow the swearing in of an unconstitutional govt!

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Dafresh: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2023
naija4life247:
This was the beginning of how Igbos sacrificed over three million of their brethren to the Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala, and Esu Odara between 1967 and 1970.

I think they have given birth to more to be sacrificed again
Hmmm be careful with your words

38 Likes

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by yang(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2023
The foolish people saying Interim government is unconstitutional are the same idiots that attacked people at polling units with machetes some weeks ago, is that constitutional? where was DSS?

They are the same people that threatened and attacked other people not vote anything but APC some weeks ago, is that constitutional? Where was DSS?

They are the same people that changed polling unit results at collation centers and forced or bribed some RECs to declare APC winner some weeks ago, is that constitutional? Where was DSS?

They are the same people that want to swear in a big thief a criminal drug addict who didn't win the election or the FCT, is that constitutional? Why is DSS letting the swearing in happen?

Nigeria needs a military takeover or an interim government. DSS should go to court if they think it's wrong.

Look at the level of suffering of people, it was not this bad even under Abacha, the proponents of this APC govt are evil and must be stopped.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Abfinest007(m): 7:40am On Mar 30, 2023
Prove it that u won, d election no big deal .why are some people scared

Am not against tinubu because when I prayed, I never mentioned any candidate in my prayers I only prayed that God should give us d best

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by bonechamberlain(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2023
angry

1 Like

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:45am On Mar 30, 2023
If this country no break this time around, e no fit break again

The kind lawlessness shown in this regime has never been

The court of law is not even holding them in contempt
undecided

The British are the real enemy of Nigeria. Nigeria never truly had an independence

The youths will rise, take it to the bank!!!

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by NotKnown: 7:52am On Mar 30, 2023
First of all, is that really the true DSS twitter handle?

What if someone is at the background catching cruise with Nigerians?

I think their spokesperson needs to come on air to confirm its their twitter handle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Eniitankorede: 8:01am On Mar 30, 2023
Bobloco:
--Labour Party replies DSS

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/interim-govt-nigerians-wont-be-intimidated-into-submission-labour-party-replies-dss/

You will set Nigeria on fire if you don’t allow the court to decide on your petition. Demonstrations could get violent, and that is you want. So that you can truncate democracy in Nigeria.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Bobloco: 8:04am On Mar 30, 2023
Eniitankorede:

You will set Nigeria on fire if you don’t allow the court to decide on your petition. Demonstrations could get violent, and that is you want. So that you can truncate democracy in Nigeria.

Eniitan, you mean the country was not set on fire when MC oluomo, Bayo Onanuga, FFK and their ilk were engaged in ethnic profiling and violence against Nigerians of a certain ethnic nationality over their democratic choices?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Nightwolf1: 8:04am On Mar 30, 2023
The useless DSS can't be taken seriously

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by seunmsg(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2023
DSS did not mention Labour Party in their press statement so why is Labour Party taking this personal? Are they planning to overthrow a legitimate government? Are they planning an insurrection?

These LP kids don’t even know what they are doing. They think they can usurp political power by making noise on the street? When Donald Trump and his gang of election deniers invaded Capitol Hill, did they succeed? How exactly did Peter Obi think he will be allowed to get away with an insurrection in a country like Nigeria?

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu will be sworn in as president on May 29th, 2023. We will never allow a gang of losers to derail our democracy.

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Racoon(m): 8:09am On Mar 30, 2023
INEC have the electoral and constitutional powers to help Nigeria avoid this constitutional logjam by simply conducting a free, fair and credible elections but it obviously choose to league with APC and Tinubu.

Imagine BVAS/IREV not being used to transmit the results of a hotly contested presidential election more than 48 hours after elections were concluded. When it does, it was confusion galore as incongruent results and even photographs of INEC officials were being uploaded.

Even obvious electoral discrepancies in declared results were being ignored by INEC. Then comes the issue of voters intimidation, suppression, and ethno-religious profiling in an election that is supposed to be fair. There is enough problems on ground.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by Racoon(m): 8:10am On Mar 30, 2023
seunmsg:
DSS did not mention Labour Party in their press statement so why is Labour Party taking this personal? Are they planning to overthrow a legitimate government? Are they planning an insurrection?
This you said this when Rotimi Amaechi, Lai Mohammed, Nasir El-Rufai said similar thing in 2014? These are no more era where you can legalised an illegality and forcefully shove it down a nation and expect the people to accept. Even the military felt the heat when we fought for the restoration of MKO Abiola stolen mandate.

There is nothing legitimate about an illegal govt based on a fraudulent election victory imposed on a nation by a corrupt INEC in an election marked with all the electoral violations, voter’s intimidation, ethno-religious profiling and about all, the many moral baggages a Bola Tinubu presidency is gonna imply upon this nation.

15 Likes

Re: Interim Government: Nigerians Won’t Be Intimidated Into Submission - LP by selmann(m): 8:11am On Mar 30, 2023
thats has been the plan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Engaging Suspected Insurgents In Okene / Dasuki Denies Implicating Anyone In Arms Procurement Probe / Okorocha Demands Apology From Obiano - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.