Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,716 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk (617 Views)

67 Passengers, Flight Crews Survive, As Valuejet’s Aircraft Skids Off Runway / How Did You Survive Your Divorce In The UK? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2023
Hello great minds, I have a wife and a kid. My wife is a qualified EMT and she already got a COS to resume with London Abulance service. We would be relocating soon if all things works well by next year. But my worries have always been how is the market over there in the web designing industry. Am looking at working remotely though because that's what I have been used to over here in Nigeria.

Who here have been in my shoes and how did you pull through.
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Possessedkid: 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
Web design is not a valid career path, it's more like a hobby

No one will waste money hiring a web designer when they can hire a front end developer who do both design and development

Choose something else and venture into it like database admin, sys admin or cyber sec or

Better still go into trade or drive a taxi
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Hannania(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2023
Possessedkid:

No one will waste money hiring a web designer when they can hire a front end developer who do both design and development

Choose something else and venture into it like database admin, sys admin or cyber sec or

Are you serious about the last part grin? Like he should do that full time
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by IkpemhiTG(m): 11:04am On Nov 03, 2023
Possessedkid:

I do backend development with php and mysql
Hmmm
Tell me more...Are you a python programmer or PHP programmer?
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Possessedkid: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Hmmm

I program as a hobby but I don't have a job but I do have side hustles where I earn little bits

I use PHP and Python
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by IkpemhiTG(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
For how long have you been in the UK sir and how long did it take for you to start getting clients
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by abuhusna1: 4:57am On Nov 04, 2023
IkpemhiTG:
Hello great minds, I have a wife and a kid. My wife is a qualified EMT and she already got a COS to resume with London Abulance service. We would be relocating soon if all things works well by next year. But my worries have always been how is the market over there in the web designing industry. Am looking at working remotely though because that's what I have been used to over here in Nigeria.

Who here have been in my shoes and how did you pull through.
Just apply for software developer Jon and you will get it
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Chukdobz20: 10:07am On Nov 07, 2023
IkpemhiTG:

Hmmm

If you know front end plus php and sql.... Aren't you a full stack developer which one be web designer
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Obagreatdatoye(m): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2023
Chukdobz20:

If you know front end plus php and sql.... Aren't you a full stack developer which one be web designer
I think he's not sure of what he knows
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by bassdow: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2023
Chukdobz20:

FrontEnd + PHP + [MY]SQL is no where enough to regard yourself as fullStack developer.

Even myself wey be Database + Server administrator, ontop being a programmer speaking over 3 serious languages, have never for once called myself any of such funny names
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by bassdow: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2023
IkpemhiTG:
For how long have you been in the UK sir and how long did it take for you to start getting clients
as selfEmployed or Employed by someone else ?
Re: How Did You Survive As A Website Designer In The Uk by Chukdobz20: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
bassdow:

FrontEnd + PHP + [MY]SQL is no where enough to regard yourself as fullStack developer.

Even myself wey be Database + Server administrator, ontop being a programmer speaking over 3 serious languages, have never for once called myself any of such funny names

Woow so who is a full stack developer.

In my knowledge, if you know front end and back end, it's called full stack developer..

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Skills To Study For Japa Plans / New Offer, Russaian Visa : / Bus Rentals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.