Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC (14126 Views)

EFCC Arraigns 11 OAU Students Over Alleged Internet Fraud / Zlatan: Cultists Issue Warning To OAU Students! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by onyxo76(m): 6:46am On Nov 03, 2023
SoNature:

There's nothing wrong with that.

They found out the students were clean and released them

Security operatives raid streets and areas everywhere in the world.
and you think they gave them back their phones and laptops abi, don't be surprised they will collect money to have those items back...very unprofessional organisation, if not for SUG, I can imagine what will happen to those arrested.

3 Likes

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by jojothaiv(m): 6:47am On Nov 03, 2023
Reportbutton:
As human we only criticize what we don't benefits from..
We're all bloody hypocrite.
Regardless, we will not turn blind eyes to the failings of the government of the day, we will keep calling them out, they must be accountable.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by aremubabs: 6:52am On Nov 03, 2023
This is a big disgrace to the whole nation.

You heard that Oduduwa Estate is suspect for fraudulent activities, but didn't even bother to do a thorough investigation before swooping in to start arresting every student that lives there.

2 Likes

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Goddyrichie(m): 7:05am On Nov 03, 2023
Bfly:
Na them still dey become politicians. It is now we can correct it. OAU should work together with EFCC for proper investigation to be done

midnight or no midnight. Criminals must be arrested which ever way. Na burst den burst dem.
Let proper investigation be done.
see Nigeria mentality is that South African Kenya Morocco Senegal Egypt even Benin and Ghana here is that hw they’re security agency operate go to someone house break they’re door and arrest them with no evidence all because they’re young guys with a small car iPhones and live in an apartment person what if they live a fake life what if they make they’re money legit online in a developed country a young guy of 20 21 22 23 own a big car like Lamborghini Bentley new model car worth 100k$ upward live a luxury life but u will never see any security agency disturb even near them but here in Nigeria because one unless man or woman in they’re 20s waste all they’re youth days on pussy and dick get hatred for a young guys that take a risk to make the money and live they’re life
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by membranus: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2023
jikins:

So the trauma and damages inflicted on the innocent students you are fine with it? Its people like you that made me decide never to fight for this country. I mean How will someone read this and say there's nothing wrong with it. You destroyed these students rooms, assaulted them point guns to their heads. Kidnapped them and their belongings took them to another state question and release them without those belongings for them to trek back if not for the student union who were there. And in your head there is nothing wrong with it. You really deserve your leaders I swear

If you are supporting criminality in youths in the guise of studentship, then we don't need you to "fight for this country".

We only need honest and upright citizens to fight for this country, the rest should hide their faces.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Akaegwu(m): 7:16am On Nov 03, 2023
Reportbutton:
You leave politicians dey pursue students and any good looking young boys and girls.

The same efcc are thieves, they go after who they know are harmless and can't do them harm, owning an iphone, MacBook has now become a crime in my dear country.

I'm so sure if those efcc guys are not efcc, many if not all will also be fraudsters or criminal, small opportunity, you're going out of your job description..

As human we only criticize what we don't benefits from..
We're all bloody hypocrite.
Enjoy your country. People where laughing when OBI was saying this.

1 Like

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Reportbutton: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2023
Akaegwu:
Enjoy your country. People where laughing when OBI was saying this.
Oh you mean agulu fraudster, who turned Anambra to baby factory grin drugs and ritual capital of the world grin
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by beardedboy(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Yeye children and they were protesting with their filthy female teen students calling the armed men ole, soon they will still use some of those girls for money ritual.

If found culpable they should face the music
Do you have sense at all?!
No one is asking them not to arrest fraudsters. But kidnapping 69 random people only to find just 11 fit for trial is a most unprofessional act. Mind you, if not for the protest and uproar, many of the released boys could have been asked to pay huge sums for their "bail".

A whole antigraft agency working without intelligence is the definition of anyhowness

1 Like

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by jikins(m): 7:21am On Nov 03, 2023
membranus:

If you are supporting criminality in youths in the guise of studentship, then we don't need you to "fight for this country".

We only need honest and upright citizens to fight for this country, the rest should hide their faces.

No wonder you talk the way you do. You lack comprehension. My post was referring to the innocent students. But all your head could put together is I am supporting criminality. No single comprehension skills,

When I mentioned these words "innocent", "released" I guess they went over your tiny brain. If they had a case to answer why release them? Again I say you deserve anything your leaders do to you. Because you cant even bring your head to comprehend that they assaulted and arrested 58 innocent students, medical students inclusive, hardworking students excelling in various tech fields. even 2 doctors who just signed out. Only to release them later and you now want these doctors to stay in this country or even the medical students. One of the student in engineering won an award for his 3d art work 3 days prior. These are students of sound minds trying to make a way for themselves and you support how they were treated just because they were released. My initial statements still stands people like you are the problem of this country

And yes these students will hide their face and take their talents else where. Where they will be appreciated and respected while you guys will still be here struggling because you succeeded in chasing people who would have helped the country one way or the other if they stay. When you cannot condemn what is wrong you lose good people. And it will continue because of people like YOU. So enjoy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by GloriousGbola: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2023
Efcc have been throughly embarrassed and the regional commander has no doubt been queried. So the 11 alleged confam fraudsters are going to hear it. This will not be the usual shakedown but the full prosecution.

As aside please do not share your laptop or pc. If anyone has been allowing his friend to use his device he would be implicated by now
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Komu1048(m): 7:45am On Nov 03, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

They support criminals within their community but fast to abuse politicians, many of them their brothers do Yahoo... and na rubbish them dey use the money do... go some clubs see rubbish most of them dey do with the illegal money... useless children ... anyone guilty should face the punishment

People who are crooked, manipulative with smartness are the set of people that enjoys this country since dey one.

Youth understands this n that’s y they r making it more. They know hard work, loyalty n sincerity will only make u a pauper in this country. Master the act of lying and manipulation n watch how Nigeria reward you with power n money

2 Likes

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by bitbillionaire: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2023
Good reasoning here. There was indeed some bad eggs among them. It's just unfortunate that some innocent students had to suffer just because of the bad ones.

HandsomeHITLER:
It is not wrong to detain someone for investigation... Especially if they have any proof or reason to. It's only a matter of HOW they're treated in custody; which shouldn't last longer than 24hours. I only wish they were that swift with our politicians. 😒
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Greattha: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2023
jikins:

So the trauma and damages inflicted on the innocent students you are fine with it? Its people like you that made me decide never to fight for this country. I mean How will someone read this and say there's nothing wrong with it. You destroyed these students rooms, assaulted them point guns to their heads. Kidnapped them and their belongings took them to another state question and release them without those belongings for them to trek back if not for the student union who were there. And in your head there is nothing wrong with it. You really deserve your leaders I swear

You don't know these twats...

Look at the imp saying streets are raided worldwide...

Try it abroad and they'll sue your pants off you.

That's why it's called "actionable intelligence "...before you act, there's absolutely no doubt...not this crass trial and error efcc does everytime...it's lazy policing.

Sure there are bad eggs among them but the purpose of intelligence gathering is to fish out those ones and arrest them. Not arresting everyone in the building then sorting.

But leave the imbeciles...when him or his close loved one falls victim then you'll see him crying for justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Greattha: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2023
SoNature:

There's nothing wrong with that. They found out the students were clean and released them. Security operatives raid streets and areas everywhere in the world.

You want them to stop crime, but don't want them to raid bad boys. Those people aren't magicians.

Try this in other places and theyll sue your pants off you...you think other places are lawless like you and Nigeria...

But dont worry.."when" you or your close loved ones fall victim to this same treatment then we'll hear you and all those supporting this madness cry for justice.

1 Like

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Ecardz: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2023
Scam is scam abeg
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by SoNature(m): 8:06am On Nov 03, 2023
Greattha:

Try this in other places and theyll sue your pants off you...you think other places are lawless like you and Nigeria...

But dont worry.."when" you or your close loved ones fall victim to this same treatment then we'll hear you and all those supporting this madness cry for justice.

Oga, you are being unnecessarily emotional.

Again, security operatives raid neighborhoods all over the world. They aren't magicians; taking suspects unawares is one of the ways of stopping crimes.

The most important thing is for them to free people the moment they realise they have nothing on them.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by jikins(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2023
Greattha:

You don't know these twats...

Look at the imp saying streets are raided worldwide...

Try it abroad and they'll sue your pants off you.

That's why it's called "actionable intelligence "...before you act, there's absolutely no doubt...not this crass trial and error efcc does everytime...it's lazy policing.

Sure there are bad eggs among them but the purpose of intelligence gathering is to fish out those ones and arrest them. Not arresting everyone in the building then sorting.

But leave the imbeciles...when him or his close loved one falls victim then you'll see him crying for justice.

They have no emotional intelligence, and no understanding of the right way to do things. No body is saying don't raid. But do it legally. And ensure its the right people you are raiding. How can you break into students rooms at 2am with no search or arrest warrant essentially taking away their fundamental human rights.

First get a search warrant from the court. Obviously no court in their right senses will give you search warrant for all the rooms in a hostel. They will ask you questions and limit the warrants to certain rooms which your so called intelligence can cover.

Obviously EFCC can't answer these questions so they bypass the legal way of doing things and went for the easy and criminal way. If they had a court order in form of search warrant it would have given them some cover. Because it will then be the judge that will face the majority of the heat when it comes. But no we are Nigerians we must do things illegally. Even fighting crime must be done illegally.

And since we are all use to illegalities we support it when security organisations do it, when politicians do it, when rich and influencial Nigerians do it. But when helpless Nigerians do illegality we suddenly activate our brain or when it happens to us or someone we know.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Free2Fly: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2023
[quote author=HandsomeHITLER post=126763810]It is not wrong to detain someone for investigation... Especially if they have any proof or reason to. It's only a matter of HOW they're treated in custody; which shouldn't last longer than 24hours. I only wish they were that swift with our politicians.

What you're saying is that people can be arrested without any evidence and, thereafter, while they're in custody, they can then be investigated for evidence, as long as they're being treated well??

If that's the case, why haven't they arrested your father and mother who are still roaming the streets doing nothing, though haven't been established to have committed any offence??

Some of you can be so senseless, i swear.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Goldbw122(m): 8:25am On Nov 03, 2023
I don't think this is going to stop never ever, the pressure of the society, quick rich syndrome and many other factors are affecting the youth. So I don't blame them for finding a way to make it.. but the way society is going is so bad. Girls on the other hand they will say, where is your ride? Hmm that is part of the pressure you know, parents are there too so there is many things in consideration.

And Nigeria political system and the judicial system are corrupt so what do you expect?
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Greattha: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2023
jikins:

They have no emotional intelligence, and no understanding of the right way to do things. No body is saying don't raid. But do it legally. And ensure its the right people you are raiding. How can you break into students rooms at 2am with no search or arrest warrant essentially taking away their fundamental human rights.

First get a search warrant from the court. Obviously no court in their right senses will give you search warrant for all the rooms in a hostel. They will ask you questions and limit the warrants to certain rooms which your so called intelligence can cover.

Obviously EFCC can't answer these questions so they bypass the legal way of doing things and went for the easy and criminal way. If they had a court order in form of search warrant it would have given them some cover. Because it will then be the judge that will face the majority of the heat when it comes. But no we are Nigerians we must do things illegally. Even fighting crime must be done illegally.

And since we are all use to illegalities we support it when security organisations do it, when politicians do it, when rich and influencial Nigerians do it. But when helpless Nigerians do illegality we suddenly activate our brain or when it happens to us or someone we know.

Thank you jare.

I wish/hope they all read this.

They're so used to illegality that it's now a way of life...

Imagine him still insisting on his point, telling me I'm being emotional and that the law enforcement guys aren't magicians 🤣🤣🤣.

Well, I think most of them probably never left the shores of this country and even if, they don't read and aren't exposed so no surprises.

I find it exhausting engaging them cos it's easier to enlighten a stone wall.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by LillyandDaisy: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2023
Crafteck1:
Nigeria needs to rise up, something is causing this and we all know it, efcc pretends like they dont know the source, nigerians pretend since its not their son being bundled yet, a set of people send their own wards abroad for better life, milk the populace sweat and commonwealth to the extent that most youth cant survive or school without one fraud or the other,
how much is the minimum wage?
How much is a meal?
How much the parents the make monthly?
How much can they give to the kids as pocket money?
How much lecturers(through books and assignments), transport, clothing, housing, beverage etc de consume from these fees?
What are the incentives to give students hope to pull through decently..... (NUMBER 1 CITIZEN DID WURUWURU TO THE ANSWER)

With these minor point... Collectively as a nation.. What were you expecting...

Graciously we are raising a nation of cultists and yahoo boys(breaks my heart but what are the other options?)
Ignorantly we are raising a country of ashewos, women that see themselves as puna and breast only, if dem no nack, they cant eat... Pls i beg, i need someone to logically convince me otherwise, please...

Have you checked the price of treating malaria recently? If 2 poor man picken sick at thesame time, na to they save money for burial... But since those people no get money for data, una wey setill de see small money chop... Continue ignoring them, sloly, every1 is getting there
You just speak up my mind
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by membranus: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2023
jikins:

No wonder you talk the way you do. You lack comprehension. My post was referring to the innocent students. But all your head could put together is I am supporting criminality. No single comprehension skills,

When I mentioned these words "innocent", "released" I guess they went over your tiny brain. If they had a case to answer why release them? Again I say you deserve anything your leaders do to you. Because you cant even bring your head to comprehend that they assaulted and arrested 58 innocent students, medical students inclusive, hardworking students excelling in various tech fields. even 2 doctors who just signed out. Only to release them later and you now want these doctors to stay in this country or even the medical students. One of the student in engineering won an award for his 3d art work 3 days prior. These are students of sound minds trying to make a way for themselves and you support how they were treated just because they were released. My initial statements still stands people like you are the problem of this country

And yes these students will hide their face and take their talents else where. Where they will be appreciated and respected while you guys will still be here struggling because you succeeded in chasing people who would have helped the country one way or the other if they stay. When you cannot condemn what is wrong you lose good people. And it will continue because of people like YOU. So enjoy!

I don't have the patience to read through your long turenchi, but anyway thanks for your insults. But I repeat, stop supporting criminality in our youths.

The gains of criminality only lasts for a short time, ask Escobar. We parents sent them to go and study in their schools, and graduate to bring positive change to the society. And not to be extorting innocent foreigners and living like celebrities in their campuses.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Blitzking: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2023
I have been in these guys shoes before and I can tell you it's not funny beings locked up with criminals..am very sure the remaining students really have cases to answer..if the student union haven't spoken up i tell u that each student picked up will have to drop 50 to 200k to regain their freedom.. they will threaten them by saying if they don't drop money incriminating evidence would be planted..most Internet fraudsters begin as student and before they graduate buy a ride and after graduation remain 1 to 3 yrs in the vicinity of the school. Some might go for service but maintain their apartment and return other might open a small business as front..but a small number of them travel out to Europe. Some get married to foreigners and join the US army.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Bfly: 9:44am On Nov 03, 2023
Goddyrichie:
see Nigeria mentality is that South African Kenya Morocco Senegal Egypt even Benin and Ghana here is that hw they’re security agency operate go to someone house break they’re door and arrest them with no evidence all because they’re young guys with a small car iPhones and live in an apartment person what if they live a fake life what if they make they’re money legit online in a developed country a young guy of 20 21 22 23 own a big car like Lamborghini Bentley new model car worth 100k$ upward live a luxury life but u will never see any security agency disturb even near them but here in Nigeria because one unless man or woman in they’re 20s waste all they’re youth days on pussy and dick get hatred for a young guys that take a risk to make the money and live they’re life

You can decide to simp over this, even call them tech guys, but the story of young fraudsters among Nigerian students is very much, real and clear. The old thieves are out of control, let's take time to deal with the young ones before they get to the helms of public affairs and make life unbearable for the people. The only issues i have with efcc is that, this guys use them to hunt for fvck niggga among them and also collect money from them to free them without justice. Yet those young guys in Nigeria with iphones and benz are menace to the society. Go ahead and call them tech guys.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by madrid5: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2023
Bfly:

You can decide to simp over this, even call them tech guys, but the story of young fraudsters among Nigerian students is very much, real and clear. The old thieves are out of control, let's take time to deal with the young ones before they get to the helms of public affairs and make life unbearable for the people. The only issues i have with efcc is that, this guys use them to hunt for fvck niggga among them and also collect money from them to free them without justice. Yet those young guys in Nigeria with iphones and benz are menace to the society. Go ahead and call them tech guys.
the old thieves steal far more and are more detrimental to society,you don't want to go after the ones making life unbearable to people but efcc want to rob boys because they are easy to intimidate
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:52am On Nov 03, 2023
They need to correct this boy, when I get to Universities community, students don't discourse any other thing asside from Yahoo....

You can't hear anything about school or their future. Is money, dollar, client you go dey hear....
During my days, we are suffering of hunger but drink our garri like that. All we are after is school and studies, if this is not corrected, a time is coming where if this yahoo client did not pay them, this boys will kill you to take your money because they are so use in spending millions...
They can't manage and it's a wrong society!

1 Like

Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Elxandre(m): 10:09am On Nov 03, 2023
membranus:

I don't have the patience to read through your long turenchi, but anyway thanks for your insults. But I repeat, stop supporting criminality in our youths.

The gains of criminality only lasts for a short time, ask Escobar. We parents sent them to go and study in their schools, and graduate to bring positive change to the society. And not to be extorting innocent foreigners and living like celebrities in their campuses.
Gains of criminality lasts for a short time in a country where even the president and most top politicians, have one or more corruption cases in their history and the walk about with full immunity?
Let's keep playing in this country.

A country where the older generation show bad example., and are rewarded for it with power and fame will never produce better upcoming generations.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by jikins(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2023
membranus:

grin grin grin

Well when you lack comprehension skills, not in the least surprised! Your reply is well inline with my profiling of you. Easily proving my point grin. Reminds me of the saying "He who knows not and doesn't know is a fool"

Enjoy!
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by baralatie(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2023
Okay no go waste time
Now now Dem don give suspension until.
Re: 11 OAU Students Face Fraud Trial, Varsity Meets EFCC by Akaegwu(m): 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
Reportbutton:

Oh you mean agulu fraudster, who turned Anambra to baby factory grin drugs and ritual capital of the world grin
Suffering and smiling

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests Notorious Drug Dealer With 6.8kg Of Cannabis In Yobe / Two Suspected Kidnappers, 9 Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Kwara / NDLEA Intercepts 16 Tons Of Illicit Drugs, Arrests 4 Wanted Kingpins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.