Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today (1937 Views)

My Dad Almost Killed Me Today! / I Transferred All My Salary To My Husband- Nigerian Lady / My Husband Gave Me An STD That Nearly Killed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 8:22pm On Nov 02, 2023
Hello everyone
I don’t even know how to explain my thoughts.
I’m typing this from a place of pain and desperation.
My life has been ruined because of virtual gambling. I have lost over 1 million this year

I just lost my salary I got paid today. I will be 26 this November, my life is nothing to write about

I’m tired. I have tried to stop.

Please people save my life. I have sold my laptop, phone all to gamble
I am a fresh graduate who managed to graduate from school after 9 years. I dropped out of school due to gambling but I still find myself indulging in the habit hoping to receiver my losses. I am dying.

I got a job last month after i graduated as a sales boy. I got paid today 40,000 and I lost everything to virtual hoping to win.

Please people help me, how do I stop

Just this year, I spent my school fees, project money of 100,000 to gamble which I lost. I had to beg my old colleagues who graduated ahead of me for help to come up with my project money. I sold my tv stand to also raise the money.

I lied to my parents that I needed extra money for the project which I used that for to pay my fees.

They know about how gambling ruined my first university admission but they think I have stopped which I still haven’t till now.

Today I want to quit, my life is useless, I have nothing. I didn’t even buy pure water from the salary, I went straight from work to the virtual house.

I’m gone. I have tried to stop several time in the past and I still find myself in this habit. I’m tired please help me

I went ahead and lost everything I worked for throughout October. I made all these transfers to the bet shop now I have nothing to survive this November

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2023
Is there a WhatsApp group for accountability for those ready to quit. I want to join please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Boogyman557: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2023
nc
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by JAMO4REAL1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2023
U cant win bet9ja or any bet u people should understand gambin is not good, the amount u cant give out as free that will not pain u dnt place it on bet

5 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2023
JAMO4REAL1:
U cant win bet9ja or any bet u people should understand gambin is not good, the amount u cant give out as free that will not pain u dnt place it on bet
I have been trying to quit this habit since 2018. I keep going back. I’m drained
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Reminderz: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2023
Iseekforpeace:

I have been trying to quit this habit since 2018. I keep going back. I’m drained
that's because you've programmed your brain to always see it as a quick getaway or the shortcut to riches... so your brain won't think of other things you can do to make money, you are even killing your brain because all it thinks about is gambling and nothing else ...

do your best to leave it as soon as possible or else, it will destroy you... if you mingle with friends who see gambling as a hobby, dump them... don't be found in betting shops... engage yourself in productive things instead, learn some new skills, read new books... think outside the box..

8 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2023
Reminderz:

that's because you've programmed your brain to always see it as a quick getaway or the shortcut to riches... so your brain won't think of other things you can do to make money, you are even killing your brain because all it thinks about is gambling and nothing else ...

do your best to leave it as soon as possible or else, it will destroy you... if you mingle with friends who see gambling as an hobby, dumb them... don't be found in betting shops... engage yourself in productive things instead, learn some new skills, read new books... think outside the box..
Thank you sir. I have really tried all these in the past. I find myself going back which I am more determined to stop now. I have nothing left. I have no friends. I live alone. Thank you very much. I hope to give my testimony soon

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Tayorshd87: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2023
Iseekforpeace:

Drop your WhatsApp number let me mentor u with voice note and u will stop 🛑

Same message saved me from bet till date

4 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by okoIYAyin(m): 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2023
I really understand and feel your pain. I wish i could do something to help you stop but in this case, only YOU can help yourself, no one else can. You have to be very determined, ready to count your losses and move on. Won't be easy of course but you have to try, cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by AyarmBoye(m): 10:49pm On Nov 02, 2023
If not that you are stupid without common sense,how can u place ur monthly bet on an AI generated sport(virtual),something that is programed by the bet company
,you think u can beat them to it.Your brain should tell u that it's programmed to favor them.....So you can't wait for trusted real life team even if u must bet...

If you must bet,bet one real life match whose probability of rigging is very low,you decided to bet on something designed to make u lose.....

See you can't stop gambling at once o...first leave virtual alone,,bet on real life matches,u can't waste 40k at once cause u will have to wait several hours to know the outcome and when u lose,you can bet on that set of teams again until some days later thereby cutting ur lose or rate of gambling......

I gamble weekly and God knows I have lost alot,normal shi and I have won more than what I have lost...I will never be tempted to play virtual because u can't beat them lailai......

10 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by AfroBeatDiary: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2023
Virtual betting is rigged to take your money, betting is fun when you're not expecting anything in return.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Possessedkid: 3:20am On Nov 03, 2023
I know you're scared but sometimes the solution might you letting go of everything.

That way you're free of everything and anything

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by MrBroke(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2023
The problem with gamblers is they always think about the money they are expecting to win and not the stake they are wasting away. When ever the urge for it comes think about what you could have done with the money you are about to throw away I think it might help.

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2023
Tayorshd87:

Drop your WhatsApp number let me mentor u with voice note and u will stop 🛑

Same message saved me from bet till date
Thank you sir. 08088802900
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2023
okoIYAyin:
I really understand and feel your pain. I wish i could do something to help you stop but in this case, only YOU can help yourself, no one else can. You have to be very determined, ready to count your losses and move on. Won't be easy of course but you have to try, cheers!
Thank you. Were you once addicted?
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by UptownVibes(m): 7:02am On Nov 03, 2023
Your bad experiences so far is enough to stop you from gambling. From your mates graduating before you,the fact that your life is nothing to write home about.. How can you use your full month salary to gamble? Who will feed you for the rest of the month,who will pay your bills? Don't you think something is wrong with your mental health?

Stop now ,or remain the same way you are now when you are 40years..

Virtual is programmed to make you loose your hard earned money..

Whenever you have the urge to go play virtual bet,deposit the money in Piggyvest lock account.. Start saving your money there,instead of dashing it to some selfish bookies..

My 1cent..
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by westlius(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2023
Virtual betting is fraud
Y not main betting
Thats not mostly programed

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2023
UptownVibes:
Your bad experiences so far is enough to stop you from gambling. From your mates graduating before you,the fact that your life is nothing to write home about.. How can you use your full month salary to gamble? Who will feed you for the rest of the month,who will pay your bills? Don't you think something is wrong with your mental health?

Stop now ,or remain the same way you are now when you are 40years..

Virtual is programmed to make you loose your hard earned money..

Whenever you have the urge to go play virtual bet,deposit the money in Piggyvest lock account.. Start saving your money there,instead of dashing it to some selfish bookies..

My 1cent..
I have to suffer the consequences. I don’t even have what to eat this morning and I have to go to work. It is well. I am done with the virtual for good this time
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 7:24am On Nov 03, 2023
westlius:
Virtual betting is fraud
Y not main betting
Thats not mostly programed

I’m quitting everything

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by UptownVibes(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2023
Iseekforpeace:
I have to suffer the consequences. I don’t even have what to eat this morning and I have to go to work. It is well. I am done with the virtual for good this time
Good! When better hunger touch you this month,you won't dash bookies your next salary..

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Ensa777(f): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2023
Use the hUnger and go on dry fasting.
By the time you fast for the remaining28 days and your head doesn't reset,then surrender to Bandits.

Ppl are looking for money to eat in this economy .You that has something giving you money is betting it away.

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by okoIYAyin(m): 9:20am On Nov 03, 2023
Iseekforpeace:

Thank you. Were you once addicted?
Yeah i used to be some years ago when i was idle, was home doing nothing during one of the stupid ASSU strike. Somehow i found myself hooked to virtual, going to the bet shop almost everyday. I played with any money i could lay my hands on, it was really crazy, most times i trekked back home after losing all my money. After sometime i just made up my mind that this isn't right and not meant for me, so i stopped, not completely at first though but after some time, i completely stopped and the rest is history. You can do it also!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by PinkNature: 10:45am On Nov 03, 2023
Keep on gambling, one day, you'll win some Imaginary millions.

Below is a link where you can get to mingle with fellow gambler's and gamble your lives away.

https://www.nairaland.com/7504940/football-other-sports-betting-season/2037#126766974

Someday, you'll quit. But for now, keep on chasing the illusion of winning millions.
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Musty112: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2023
Rock bottom man! Keep going until you reach rock bottom, then you won't need anyone's help to quit
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2023
Musty112:
Rock bottom man! Keep going until you reach rock bottom, then you won't need anyone's help to quit
I have reached and gone below rock bottom more times than I count. My guys graduated before me because of my gambling habit. I entered the university 2013 but graduated this year. I have tried to quit severally and relapsed. Im determined to stop now. I know how hard I worked for my salary I squandered
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by Iseekforpeace: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2023
okoIYAyin:

Yeah i used to be some years ago when i was idle, was home doing nothing during one of the stupid ASSU strike. Somehow i found myself hooked to virtual, going to the bet shop almost everyday. I played with any money i could lay my hands on, it was really crazy, most times i trekked back home after losing all my money. After sometime i just made up my mind that this isn't right and not meant for me, so i stopped, not completely at first though but after some time, i completely stopped and the rest is history. You can do it also!!!!
Thank you sir
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by LIVINGICONREBOR: 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Betting on real life games alone is tough luck then u go for virtual betting that is already programmed for the bookies to always win. That is like living life on the "hardest" mode.
No mumu yourself , nah new year we dey enter so.🤔
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by jmoore(m): 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
You no see real matches to bet on, na virtual you squander that amount because of lack of patience.

I can pity those that lose bet on real matches but I have no pity for the ones that play virtual.

I dey play bet but virtual is what you should avoid. It is programmed for you to lose.
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by world123: 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
Let's start with selling your phone and go for small phones like Nokia 3310
Re: Bet9ja Virtual Gambling Has Killed Me. I Lost My Salary Today by ICEKING95(m): 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2023
Please I'm also in his shoes. Bet9ja virtual has ruined my life. Would have been a graduate by now but gambling made me a drop out. Please If there is any trust worthy solution let us know.. I'm owing debt of 21k at my work place and I have already spent my October salary about 50 % still went into gambling. Pls I'm gradually losing hope

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husbands, Sometimes Your Wife Just Wants To Have A Good Night's Sleep. / 20 Things You Must Do Before The Age Of 30 / Hope Am Not Overdoing.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.