Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,531 members, 7,854,303 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

Gov Umo Eno Promises New Face For A'ibom Judiciary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Umo Eno Promises New Face For A'ibom Judiciary (113 Views)

New Year: Tinubu Promises New Minimum Wage For Workers / PEPT Judgement: I Hold The Judiciary In High Esteem – Gov Umo Eno / Umo Eno Kneels Down As Governor Udom Annoints Him As Successor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Umo Eno Promises New Face For A'ibom Judiciary by bonnez(m): 6:57am On Nov 03, 2023
Gov Umo Eno Promises New Face for A'Ibom Judiciary

... Commissions High Court of Justice, Onna

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno has disclosed plans to give a new face to the judiciary in the State.

Speaking at the commissioning of the High Court of Justice, at Onna Judicial Division, Awa, Onna LGA, he described the Judiciary as a critical component of governance and assured of his administration's commitment to partner the Judiciary, improve judges' welfare and create a conducive environment for Judiciary workers to enhance the ease and speedy dispensation of justice.

In his words, "I want to say unequivocally that we want to give a new face to the Judiciary in Akwa Ibom State. We want to work and ensure that our judges also enjoy what Judges in other states enjoy.

"We believe that by the grace of God, we will work with you and ensure that you discharge your duties in the best way possible. My aim is to see that our Judges are raised to a standard that they stand out anywhere" he said.

The State Chief Executive reiterated government's commitment to ensuring the establishment of an Appeal Court in the State adding that the necessary efforts would be made to ensure its actualisation.

According to him, "my Lord the Chief Judge has talked about the Appeal Court. We are already working on it, and I want to assure her again and indeed, the Judiciary community that we will work with the Chief Judge to do whatever we can to get approval and ensure that we provide the facility for a Appeal Court here in Akwa Ibom State."

He expressed delight at the serene ambience of the High Court complex, describing it as befitting and a boost to the Judiciary.

The Governor commended the people of Onna for donating the land for the facility and their cooperation throughout the building process which he said made it possible for the timely execution.

Earlier, the State Chief Judge, Justice Ekaette Obot expressed appreciation to the State Government for granting approval for establishment of the Onna Judicial Division.

She particularly, commended the former Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel who initiated the Awa High Court Complex project as well as Governor Umo Eno for seamlessly providing the funds to complete it in record time.

The Chief Judge announced Justice Effiong Effiong as Administrator of the Onna Judicial Division, in addition to the Eket Division where he presently hold jurisdiction, pending the appointment of new Judges by the state government.

In his goodwill message, the Chairman of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Eket Chapter, Barrister Aniefiok Ekwere, thanked Governor Umo Eno for extending his A.R.I.S.E. Agenda drive to the Judiciary thereby making Awa Judicial Division a prime beneficiary, and
assured of continued collaboration with the government for development.

In a related development, the governor made a brief stopover at the General Hospital, Awa to assess the progress of work within the hospital complex where the Akwa Ibom State University Teaching Hospital, AKSUTH, will take off and expressed satisfaction at the pace of work, saying that with the project's progression AKSUTH will commence services come June 2024.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Government Press Statement / Senate Calls For Ceasefire In Israel-Hamas War Says ‘More Than 8,000 Have Died’ / How Kwara NSCDC Ensured Peace, Orderliness In Kogi Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.