Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat (592 Views)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / How I Prepared My delicious Rice And Stew... Please rate my cooking skills / Christmas: Akwa Ibom DPO, Felix Ekpoudom Treat Suspects To Rice, Drinks (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2023
We all know that food is expensive now.In order to keep body and soul together and feed our families,we need food.

A bag of rice is over 50,000 Naira and meat/fish is also expensive.

We will be exploring the best alternatives to rice and meat/fish.

Is there a cheaper alternative to rice and meat/fish?

What other alternatives do we have to fish/meat that is high in protein.

I will appreciate your contributions.

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by CodeTemplar: 11:46am On Nov 03, 2023
Lol. Rice has no real alternative. Meat is bendable though.

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2023
What is the best alternative to meat/fish?

CodeTemplar
post=126769041:

Lol. Rice has no real alternative. Meat is bendable though.

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by ITbomb(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2023
No alternative to rice o
(fast to cook, taste well with minimal condiments)

Meat?
If for soup, try mushrooms, cow skin, pork meat (if possible) or dried fish

2 Likes

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by ahnie: 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
Crayfish/dried prawn.
surrogatesng:
What is the best alternative to meat?

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by gammarays(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Spaghetti, potatoes are cheaper alternatives to Rice 😊😊😊

Pommo abi Kanda is cheaper compared to meat, just that it doesn't have any taste 😊😊

Rice will always be Rice and meat meat 🍖

2 Likes

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2023
Cow skin or pork is still part of meat.

ITbomb:
No alternative to rice o

Meat?

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sir,ponmo is still part of meat.
gammarays:
Spaghetti, potatoes are cheaper alternatives to Rice 😊😊😊

Pommo abi Kanda is cheaper compared to meat, just that it doesn't have any taste 😊😊

Rice will always be Rice and meat meat 🍖

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by gammarays(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
surrogatesng:
Sir,ponmo is still part of meat.
But it's a cheaper alternative to the main flesh 😊
Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by Dangrace01: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sir,can you tell us more about acha and what kind of common staple foods it is used to prepare.

Thank you

Dangrace01:
https://www.nairaland.com/4731183/7-reasons-why-should-start#71156665

Acha
Finio

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sir,what kind of mushrooms are rich in protein?
ITbomb:
No alternative to rice o

Meat?

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by gentility411(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2023
My broda, d best alternative to rice is BEANS, BEANS AND BEANS. Firstly, in Lagos a derica cup of rice retails for ₦750 naira presently, but same measure if beans goes for ₦450. Lets not forget beans have more filling in the stomach than rice. Beans combined with potatoes can fill u up a whole day
Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:48am On Nov 04, 2023
Your suggestion makes sense.
gentility411:
My broda, d best alternative to rice is BEANS, BEANS AND BEANS. Firstly, in Lagos a derica cup of rice retails for ₦750 naira presently, but same measure if beans goes for ₦450. Lets not forget beans have more filling in the stomach than rice. Beans combined with potatoes can fill u up a whole day

1 Like

Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by surrogatesng: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2023
I need more contributions
Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by gentility411(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
surrogatesng:

Your suggestion makes sense.

Lolz............i tell u
Re: A Cheaper Alternative To Rice And Meat by jmoore(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
gammarays:

But it's a cheaper alternative to the main flesh
Leather is not an alternative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Cakes Now Discount / Food, Drinks And Restaurant Detail Here / Thanksgiving Kitchen Items Sale @ Amazon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.