Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero (30264 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Ajaero: Organized Labour Declares Nationwide Strike for November 14 / Assault on Ajaero: Labour Lists Six Demands To Shelve November 8 Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Galaxydon1(m): 6:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Na lie. When dollar was rising you no go on strike na now dollar dey come down you wan go on strike, carry only your family members go strike, Dem for beat am well well.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by asanausana91: 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

And that's enough reason for the entire country to be grounded with a nationwide strike? And what are the demands? Removal of the Commissioner of Police and area commanders. How will the removal of Imo state commissioner of police and area commanderschange anything? Are you guys even serious at all?

If Ajaero feels he has been unfairly harassed and brutalized, the sensible thing to do is to go to court. Sue the police for whatever claims the brutalization is worth and not throw the entire country into an unnecessary strike.
sue who. Let me ask you one question.
If Ekweremadu issue had happened in Nigeria will he be in prison by now?
I await your answer.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Jonjam269: 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
NLC Ajaero is an extension of Labour Party, Ajaero is confused and deluded like his fellow obidots.
He was muted during cashless policy brouhaha simply because he thought it would favour the Agulu fraudster.
NLC under Ajaero has lost relevance.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by loliapoopy2013(f): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2023
Far far November 8, what about on Monday?
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Officialmrt: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
grin
dododawa1:
Nationwide

Or

Only

IMO STATE.

grin grin grin
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Vision101(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
@RingRoadCartel
Tinubu will soon infiltrate them and get one half of the body to pull out of the strike as usual. This country is almost finished, e remain small.

@me
Your usual language is nothing but "this country is finished" but you continue to remain a country that is finished. Isn't it hypocrisy?
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Maga123: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Bunch of Jokers
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by RingRoadCartel: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2023
Vision101:
@RingRoad.Cartel
Tinubu will soon infiltrate them and get one half of the body to pull out of the strike as usual. This country is almost finished, e remain small.

@me
Your usual language is nothing but "this country is finished" but you continue to remain a country that is finished. Isn't it hypocrisy?

Give me 8 Million so I can leave.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by DeathToRiggers: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2023
confirmed, you are an animal.
seunmsg:
The reason given for the proposed strike is frivolous and senseless.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Vision101(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2023
@Treasure17

Nigeria moving back to 1960 under Tinubu.

@me
What is tinubu's own in what happened in Imo state? He's the governor of Imo state? Hatred is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by bigtt76(f): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2023
Nor bi only nationwide strike 🀭🀣🀣🀣 People wen don lose respect from Nigerians

Islie:

Wants Imo CP, others prosecuted

LEADERSHIP

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by seunmsg(m): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
sue who. Let me ask you one question.
If Ekweremadu issue had happened in Nigeria will he be in prison by now?
I await your answer.

So, the entire country should go on strike simply because the NLC chairman had an issue with the police?

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by CharleyBright(m): 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

You said same before the last election.

Be patient! You will be amazed one more time.

Things have changed that will warrant change of choices.
Last Election price of fuel was N185, Tinubu took it to N650.
Price of foodstuffs were cheaper during last election, Tinubu has made it worse.

These are issues abokis won't forget when they pitch their tent with any northerner that will contest.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by reddingtonblack: 7:00pm On Nov 03, 2023
tesppidd:
FFS what is wrong with the labour union of a country forming a political party?

You people don't even use your heads,, anything APC feeds you, you just take it hook, line and sinker.

Nobody is saying it is wrong for Labour union to have a political party BUT what is wrong is for the labour union president should be seen affiliated to any political party in the country.

The goal of labour union and Political party are contradictory cos one is expected to hold the other accountable

Ajaero is not the 1st NLC president neither did Labour party start during his tenure why must his own be different.

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

And the police can deal with any politician that is trying to foment trouble. No one is above the law.
And NLC can go to strike if the police misbehave
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Sharpsharp00123: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If not for Ajaero the govt in power would have done worse,he has been trying to make the Govt provide palliatives for workers,he has been active unlike the former chairman Ayuba even though the govt uses the industrial court to frustrate their efforts.
where was he during cashless policy?

He lost my respect when he told us to endure the suffering cos he believed obi will win

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by josilcool(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
K
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Janeola: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
Haba wetin concern us na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
Wasky101:

This is the first time An NLC president will be so partisan openly.
Labour party is different from Nigerian Labour Congress

Lp is for politics while NLC is for activism

If he wants to play politics let him resign from activisim. The 2 can't work hand in hand
NLC owns LP
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by CoronaVirusPro: 7:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
CharleyBright:

Things have changed that will warrant change of choices.
Last Election price of fuel was N185, Tinubu took it to N650.
Price of foodstuffs were cheaper during last election, Tinubu has made it worse.

These are issues abokis won't forget when they pitch their tent with any northerner that will contest.

Okay.

Experience is the best teacher.

Did you say same about Buhari`s re-election?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Vision101(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
@HIGHESTPOPORI

It's a very good reason,if nothing is done,it will be a normal occurrence to commit this kind of sacrilege,so heads would roll.

@me
So a labour issue in a state will become a basis for national strike? I think that NLC under Ajaero is abusing the use of strike.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
where was he during cashless policy?

He lost my respect when he told us to endure the suffering cos he believed obi will win
Cashless policy that was meant to prevent vote buying
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Dejijossy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
National strike action because labour leader was beating. They are now making strike a cheap thing

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Mitsurugi(m): 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
RingRoadCartel:

Fixed. grin

Drop his number let's call that useless man and ask him.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Sharpsharp00123: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Cashless policy that was meant to prevent vote buying
u are not well

The same cashless policy that crashed businesses till today
Many people died cos of that, it affected my business that I am still recovering now

U said it’s to curb vote buying but tinubu still won so what’s d point

So which politician no dey buy vote?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Aonkuuse(m): 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
Get out there, without him another person would have done it, one mentality you people have is that no one is replaceable, it is not the same NLC Oshiomole headed, trace back all the NLC chairmen, this man is a complete failure and partisan
asanausana91:
you have no brain to understand, 35k for federal workers,the nlg buses, etc .
Infact without Ajaero you would have been buying fuel at 900 by now. Do you know that federal government is still paying subsidy?

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by asanausana91: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

So, the entire country should go on strike simply because the NLC chairman had an issue with the police?
that is not simply. If NLC chairman is beaten, what do you think will happen to others on election day?
Many people will die like what happened in Rivers.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Vision101(m): 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
@RingRoadCartel

Give me 8 Million so I can leave.

@me
8 million can only take you to shiithole country. You think say japa dey cheap grin
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
This is the first since independence,NLC chairman would be attacked for doing it's Job and fighting for the right of workers.
they said go strike in imo state that's where incident happen wetin concern Nationwide pple.. this gragra what ll it yield

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Exceed15: 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
That's good to avoid repeat of such.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Igboslayer: 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hahaha hahaha people wey don smoke igbo ....this igbo self
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by reddingtonblack: 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
but we should allow the president to appoint INEC president, INEC commissioners, CJN etc abi?
How can you get free and fair election when the person that stole the election is the same person that appointed the INEC chairman? And CJN.

Is the President fault or those that enacted the constitution
If legislative take a strong stand to amendment and electoral reforms can the president stop them.
HOWEVER;

Jonathan appointed the Inec chairman yet he lost the election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Ibe Kachikwu's Letter To Buhari / "We Will Forget Biafra On One Condition" - Emma Powerful, IPOB Spokesman / Buhari Issues Stern Warning To CBN, Meets APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.