Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero (30204 Views)

Labour Declares Nationwide Protest Over Hardship / Ajaero: Organized Labour Declares Nationwide Strike for November 14 / Assault on Ajaero: Labour Lists Six Demands To Shelve November 8 Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by PrinceGallant: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2023
I can't really fathom this? NLC should just be scrapped as they have lost their real focus and becoming a selfish organisation that only cares for its members at the expense of membes of public. Going for National breakdown just because of what? They would just inflict injury on others to fight their opponents. What concerns us if the NLC president is degraded? Yes, what is our concerns?

3 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by reddingtonblack: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
if I ask you to name the primary school tinubu finish from now you will run.

How does that information transform your Life or the economy

The jonathan you know is blood group & 1st day he had sex ... how did that information elevated your life?

Some Nigerians are just unbelievably stupid una go just dey give credence to rubbish and leave real issues. dem swear for una undecided

Tell me us things your primary school certificate has helped you to achieve in Life

2 Likes

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Sharpsharp00123: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
that is not simply. If NLC chairman is beaten, what do you think will happen to others on election day?
Many people will die like what happened in Rivers.
many people died during cashless policy that nlc president supported so wetin happen?

How can an nlc president support cashless policy n still want to b respected?

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by ceejay80s(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
Nonesense ....strike over assault....
What of many Nigerians and youths killed by government?
How many una go on strike for?
Nonsense again

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by MossLuv: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
God1000:
I'm surprised the government has not come out to condemn the vicious act meted out on the NLC president

We are doom government is no longer afraid of what it's citizens can do
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Sharpsharp00123: 8:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
they said go strike in imo state that's where incident happen wetin concern Nationwide pple.. this gragra what ll it yield
this is d main reason y tinubu will never put an igbo in any key point

They are just looking for every means possible to cause chaos n nationwide unrest

Something happened in imo state but d whole nation should pay for it, imagine that madness

An nlc chairman that openly supported a political party n when it’s just 11 days to election u want to declare strike in a state

If na me b d governor I go tell dem make dem kill am

U can’t b openly partisan n expect d other party to lock up

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Malroux: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
gassbee:
if d FG is refusing to implement wat they r demanding for a better welfare wat can d NLC do about it
That's why I said he is only fighting for worker's welfare which he is part of. Not for the majority of Nigerians who are not civil servants.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Johncarlo07: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

Nothing is more sacrilegious than the president of the NLC openly identifying and campaigning for a political party. It has never happened before in the history of this country and the NLC chairman must be ready to face the consequences of his political partisanship.

Anoda senseless individual on d loose.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Johncarlo07: 8:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
From Labour Party(LP) sir smiley

The National Assembly should, as a matter of national interest and protecting our democracy, make laws to separate NLC from a political party.

It's dishonest to force workers , including workers working at INEC and Courts, meant to be apolitical and other workers in different political parties, to support the political interest of Labour Party because they belong to NLC.

What Mr Ajaero is doing by using NLC to push the political agenda of Labour Party is undemocratic and unacceptable. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Soo ur Akamu brain did not let u knw dat Labour Party is owned by d Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) nd Ajaero as d president of nlc has d obligations to oversee d success nd development of d Party?

U need ur brain baked in d saharan desert sun.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by asanausana91: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2023
reddingtonblack:

How does that information transform your Life or the economy

The jonathan you know is blood group & 1st day he had sex ... how did that information elevated your life?

Some Nigerians are just unbelievably stupid una go just dey give credence to rubbish and leave real issues. dem swear for una undecided

Tell me us things your primary school certificate has helped you to achieve in Life
that is why you can never see me licking microphone.
An educated president would have remove the subsidy in stages, an educated president will not ask for a yacht while 134 million of his people are living in poverty. When you vote a certificate forger you will surfer.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by BJanta: 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2023
Treasure17:
Nigeria moving back to 1960 under Tinubu.

Of course, to a backward soul like you.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by dappydozzy(m): 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

Nothing is more sacrilegious than the president of the NLC openly identifying and campaigning for a political party. It has never happened before in the history of this country and the NLC chairman must be ready to face the consequences of his political partisanship.

Even if he campaigns for a political party, it does not warrant such treatment, i keep asking myself are we truly practising democracy, in this part of the world or are we practising hypocritical democracy. Under democracy, you have freedom of right to association, you can associate with any group and you cant be harassed or brutalized for it. It is better we jettison our so called democracy, if we cant practise it as it supposed to be practiced.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by BreconHills(m): 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
the beautiful part of this argument is that your turn is coming. The same police you are hailing today maybe the end of your life tomorrow.

Nobody is praising the Nigerian police. They are an objectionable bunch. But in any country of the world you do not take on a police blockade without getting hurt. Whether it is the US blue line, the UK white line or the Nigerian black line - you do not push through a police blockade without consequence. The same thing would have happened to him in any country of the world.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Spandau: 8:34pm On Nov 03, 2023
seunmsg:

I have no opinion about what happened in Imo. He got involved in the local politics and he should expect the consequences. Whatever the case is, it’s not enough to declare a nationwide strike. If he was arrested illegally and brutalized, he should go to court. That’s the legal thing to do. Going on strike because the NLC president was arrested is senseless, frivolous and illegal.
Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg! Awon eleyi!! Ko ran ku n'se. Oro inu e po ju ti ejo lo. Borbor Kadoso!😜😜😜😝😝😝😝🤪🤪🤪
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by LegacyB: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Strike my foot . Na part 2 una go see corrupt labour thieves. Labour now Labour Party is biting more than it can chew . Why should Ajero’s personal problems become national?

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by ponishah: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
Islie:

Wants Imo CP, others prosecuted

LEADERSHIP
Toothless bulldogs!
Nigeria Looters Congress...continue siphoning the checkup dues of Nigerian civil servants.
Why did you not start the strike today, OK you want another Ghana must go, abi
All the youths and other Nigerians, including civil servants that are killed and beaten in every corner of the country, what has ajaero and NLC done about them?
Na so oshiomole use us finish come make money, use am bulldoze into politics.

Sleep, we no dey go strike, go settle your issue with your paddy paddy politicians

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by tesppidd: 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Nobody is saying it is wrong for Labour union to have a political party BUT what is wrong is for the labour union president should be seen affiliated to any political party in the country.

The goal of labour union and Political party are contradictory cos one is expected to hold the other accountable

Ajaero is not the 1st NLC president neither did Labour party start during his tenure why must his own be different.
Ahn Ahn

I still don't get your logic.

How can you agree that the Labour Union can form a political party but the President of the Union cannot be part of the party...

Tell me what section of the Nigerian constitution supports your argument.

If it is about strike, I hope you know that every Nigerian has the fundamental constitutional right to go in strike.

Even if Imo state PDP decide to go in strike no one can stop them constitutionally.

Even if Imo SDP decide to strike, no one can stop them.

So what exactly is the reason why Ajaaero cannot belong to LP and organize a strike?

If he's not the first NLC chairman dies it make it illegal?
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by LegacyB: 8:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
ponishah:

Toothless bulldogs!
Nigeria Looters Congress...continue siphoning the checkup dues of Nigerian civil servants.
All the youths and other Nigerians, including civil servants that are killed and beaten in every corner of the country, what has ajaero and NLC done about them?

Sleep, we no dey go strike, go settle your issue with your paddy paddy politicians
GOD bless you. You are the real Comrade not those useless come and raids. Who cannot even account for 1 month check off due.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by tesppidd: 8:43pm On Nov 03, 2023
ponishah:

Toothless bulldogs!

In countries where the people are courageous and not tribalistic, they don't wait for Labour before they strike.

Civil groups, Opposition parties, Youth groups lead massive strike.

But for Nigeria if NLC no strike nobody go strike..

NLC is less than 10 percent of our population FFS.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by LegacyB: 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
Same NLC used cane to flog workers in Ondo . What happened to them for that unlawful behavior? It’s called karma. Ajero should be dealt with properly. He and his TUC counter part are not fighting for the masses . They should publish how they spend workers check off dues to the public. Let’s see if they’re different from those they castigate.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by JAYUK(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
8th November is too far, they would have started the nation wide strike today,to show they are serious.
NLC have made enough mockery of themselves,let them go and rest.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by LegacyB: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Big Lie ! since Ajaero he became NLC president as not held one successive strike or lock down that brought about
There is no incident or event that depict Ajaero command full respect from Nigerians so how can the govt see such as a threat

NLC has been dead since the day Oshiomole left, what we have after are caricatures, i have lost count of strike actions Ajaero called off

Ajaero is a joke, he barks but can't bite
Bros NLC died even before Oshiomole. That one was just using packaging to deceive gullible people.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by LegacyB: 8:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Savanahustle:
is it only wen a person gets killed in this country that we react?
Did he declare strike for those killed before? No.
Don’t let this Labor people fool you. They are too corrupt and useless.

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by reddingtonblack: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2023
asanausana91:
that is why you can never see me licking microphone.
An educated president would have remove the subsidy in stages, an educated president will not ask for a yacht while 134 million of his people are living in poverty. When you vote a certificate forger you will surfer.

From one sense to another rubbish, do you even have a Life at all, if educated men/socialite can lick butt hole/pvssy whats more gross about a microphone.

IF not gradual removal what were the previous administrations doing,
Mumu the Budget the currently running on was drafted by Buhari adminstration that is where the yacht came from

Appparently you know nothing you listen to your parent talk and come online to spew nonsense without digging for facts.

When Jonathan that had certificate was President how many houses did your father build or live was good people went to ojota to protest. you are so full of shit bye

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Joshmuch: 9:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
dododawa1:
different scenarios

LP chairman beaten at imo STATE

Not

nationwide beating.
If I beat your head, won't your body feet it? Is it only your head that will feel it?
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Kay25(m): 9:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
Toothless.u didn't go on strike cos of fuel price na because ur leader got beaten..ennn who asked him to dabble into politics?u are on ur own

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Tareq1105: 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
RingRoadCartel:
Tinubu will soon infiltrate them and get one half of the body to pull out of the strike as usual. This country is almost finished, e remain small.

All these actions of NLC would lead to factionalization.

NLC is going beyond its boundaries. So, a public holiday would be declared bcoz of Ajaero?

Let's see how successful it would be. Who asked him to go to Owerri a week to election? Was he not advised not to go? What's his mission to Owerri?
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by imagrg(m): 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2023
Very unserious body.

Oil their palms and they give in easily.

See below in my sign.. and smile to the bank soon! It's free.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Splashme: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
Good
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Enemyofpeace: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Rubbish! Absolute nonsense

1 Like

Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by Tareq1105: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
LegacyB:
Same NLC used cane to flog workers in Ondo . What happened to them for that unlawful behavior? It’s called karma. Ajero should be dealt with properly. He and his TUC counter part are not fighting for the masses . They should publish how they spend workers check off dues to the public. Let’s see if they’re different from those they castigate.

If I were Tinubu, I would commission Obazee to audit NLC and TUC accounts and operations whenever he's through with CBN and NNPC audit.

There you would see mother of revelation of corruption.
Re: Labour Declares Nationwide Strike November 8 Over Assault On Ajaero by reddingtonblack: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
tesppidd:
Ahn Ahn

I still don't get your logic.

How can you agree that the Labour Union can form a political party but the President of the Union cannot be part of the party...

Tell me what section of the Nigerian constitution supports your argument.

If it is about strike, I hope you know that every Nigerian has the fundamental constitutional right to go in strike.

Even if Imo state PDP decide to go in strike no one can stop them constitutionally.

Even if Imo SDP decide to strike, no one can stop them.

So what exactly is the reason why Ajaaero cannot belong to LP and organize a strike?

If he's not the first NLC chairman dies it make it illegal?

As a matter of fact Labour union and Political party are incorporated under different laws and regulation.
Labour union was founded to solicit and look out for the interest of the work force/people.

Ajaero affilitation with political campaign berated the credibility of the office he holds, you can"t just support a party and not look out for the interest of that party, unfortunately interest negate credibility & objectivity

Pre-election Nigerians were dealt with huge blow via cash and fuel scarcity what did Ajaero do about it suddenly he got harassed and he want Nigerians to stand up for him.
At the time Ajaero got assaulted was he representing the people's interest or a political party's interest ??
How does removing the IG of imo benefit Nigeria workers?? what do Nigerians stand to gain at the end of the day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers State Attorney General, Zacchaeus Adangor Resigns / 40 Soldiers Killed, 65 Missing In Boko-Haram Ambush / Metuh To EFCC: I’d Rather Starve Than Refund N400m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.