Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja (22603 Views)

Mother Escapes As Trailer Crushes Children To Death In Onitsha (Graphic) / Trailer Crushes Female LASTMA Officer To Death In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Dangote Trailer Crushes 15 Cows To The Death In Kogi. Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2023
Not fewer than eight persons, among them students, were crushed to death when a tipper conveying sharp sand suffered break failure in Mpape, a settlement close to the Maitama District of Abuja.

The incident, it was gathered, occurred on Thursday around 4 p.m. before the Keke NAPEP Park along the road that leads to Mpape junction.

A witness, Mustapha Aminu, told Daily Trust that the truck rammed into some tricycles popularly called Keke and vehicles, killing at least 8 people, including students.

Aminu said the driver, having seen the havoc he had caused, abandoned the truck and ran away with the help of a motorcycle.

“When the incident happened, I was close to the road. It was very damaging. It killed about eight people as I counted. People were saying the trailer brake failed. To me, what caused the incident at first was that one of the truck’s tires burst, which made it lose control.

“Nobody heard the horn from the truck, because sometimes when incidents like this happen, one would hear the horn from afar, then people would stay clear from the road. If the driver had done this, a lot of lives would have been saved.

“More than seven Keke and several cars were affected. About two students in one of the tricycles died instantly,” he said.

Confirming the incident, the Sector Commander of the FCT, Chorrie Mutaa said their rescue team recovered five dead bodies and 10 injured persons. He added that 13 vehicles, including the truck that caused the accident and a motorcycle, were involved in the accident.

Source: https://dailytrust.com/trailer-crushes-8-to-death-in-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2023
Another Terrible Accident, Coming From Abuja

Don't Forget, Bring This SAD NEWS
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Thundafireseun: 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2023
Thundafireseun:

See More SAD NEWS @ www.. com
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by BOSSkesh(m): 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2023
Very sad
Young minds extinguished because of reckless driving and bad vehicles

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by BOSSkesh(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2023
May sad news not visit us this year
Amen

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by NaijaCover(m): 9:44pm On Nov 03, 2023
BOSSkesh:
May sad news not visit us this year
Amen

A BIG AMEN, My Dear Brother

Dey Follow To Say The Good Prayer
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by SIXTEENTH(m): 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
Oh God what's happening?

Please safe a soul hustling daily just to make a living.

R.I.P to the departed and the bereaved bear the irreplaceable lost amen

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Celoh: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
embarassed
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Abalado(f): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Hope bulaba BALABULU regime will bring peace

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Emmafunds: 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
Ok
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Think9ja(m): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2023
OMG
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by AchrafHakimi: 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2023
Wike's convoy
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by bukalis(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2023
Quick recovery to those who sustained injuries

My condolences to the families of the deceased.

#Peace

6 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by CHIOMAEZEH: 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
Heard 2 people were also crushed in lugbe ....I wonder how these trucks do their road worthiness tests .....Na only private cars road safety and vio like to dey flex muscle on....

I dedicate this video to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex__6LcJr8E

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Aremwayne: 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2023
They should ban trucks from operating during the day in Abuja

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Cnhp: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2023
embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by LeopardX: 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2023
Damn. What a tragedy. RIP to the departed.

Hopefully laws are made to regulate the movement and conditions of all these articulated vehicles now that the issue has reached the capital city.

The avoidable loss of precious human lives is becoming too much
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Dsuck(f): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
Kai
Dem go still buy presidential yat
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by otokx(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2023
If you check, the driver may not have any valid driving license but then this is Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by tunjijones(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
But someone was telling me that it's 21 pple that list their lives..

People and exaggeration....

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by SavageResponse(m): 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2023
Imagine the type of death, killed by a runaway truck while minding your own business

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by hillaryfaith: 10:16pm On Nov 03, 2023

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by NFBI: 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Its a hard know life

1 Like

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by IbileIfe: 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2023
Many drivers of trucks in Nigeria are illiterates.
I still wonder how they got drivers license.

Corruption is the cause of the destruction of lives and properties in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by Tayorshd87: 10:19pm On Nov 03, 2023
Na wike and APC cause am
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by LAXconfidential(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
Tayorshd87:
Na wike and APC cause am
Re: Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja by LAXconfidential(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2023
IbileIfe:
Many drivers of trucks in Nigeria are illiterates.
I still wonder how they got drivers license.

Corruption is the cause of the destruction of lives and properties in Nigeria.
tunjijones:
But someone was telling me that it's 21 pple that list their lives..

People and exaggeration....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Imo, Kano, Enugu Dominate Air Traffic Data 2Q (Photos) / Fire Guts New Warri-Itakpe Train (Photo, Video) / Flood Takes Over Some Parts Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.