Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu (356 Views)

Border Closure: You Can No Longer Escape To Niger, Tinubu Tells Buhari / Expect Knocks On Your Door Whether You Go To Daura Or Niger - Tinubu To Buhari / Tinubu: I Didn’t Invite Soldiers To Protect TVC & The Nation To Avoid Bloodshed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2023
I Deployed Back-Channel Strategies To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger Republic Because ECOWAS Is Angry – President Tinubu

Nigerian president, Bola Tinubu, has disclosed that he was guiding the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) carefully to manage its anger over the military coup in Niger Republic that toppled the democratically elected president.

Tinubu who is the Chairman of the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government, disclosed this when he hosted the French Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs, Catherine Colonna, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Friday, revealed that he deployed back-channel strategies to avoid bloodshed.

“Leadership is about responding to the needs of the people; their cries, and their frustrations. Nigeria shares a border with Niger across the expanse of seven Nigerian states, and most of these states are very populated.  Therefore, I need to guide ECOWAS carefully and steadily so that we manage our anger carefully."

President Tinubu also noted that carrying any action against the military junta would endanger the life and that of the family of the ousted President, Bazoum.
”We have a colleague and a democratically-elected leader, President Mohamed Bazoum, being used as a human shield. If we are not careful, he and his family can be endangered

I am deploying all appropriate back-channel strategies to avoid bloodshed in Niger Republic. We recognise the wishes of our people; they do not want war, but that does not mean we cannot take bold and decisive action,” the president said.

SaharaReporters had reported that the regional bloc had threatened to use force to displace the military junta and reinstate the democratically elected President Bazoum.

Despite the military threats, the junta ignored the 15-member State West African body and instead aligned with neighbouring countries under military rule, stating that it was prepared to take on the body.

Hosting the French envoy, President Tinubu explained that Nigeria is monitoring the situation in the neighbouring country, and exploring diplomatic channels, even as he noted his administration will continue to galvanize international partners to ensure a peaceful resolution to the situation in the country.
He expressed the readiness of France to expand mutually beneficial collaboration with Nigeria across multiple sectors.

While commending the president, Coloma, conveyed the goodwill of President Emmanuel Macron while formally invite him to attend the forthcoming Paris Peace Forum. Ms. Colonna said, “We support your efforts at ECOWAS. We are behind you because we believe that constitutional order is a treasure for all countries, and democracy must be a reality.”
https://saharareporters.com/2023/11/03/i-deployed-back-channel-strategies-avoid-bloodshed-niger-republic-because-ecowas-angry nlfpmod

Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by Taylor93: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2023
You suppose go thanks giving sef say na God save you

Them for commot your rotten teeth
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by kaysi: 10:43am On Nov 04, 2023
Good move by the president
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by madridguy(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2023
Wise man himself. Anytime I see people shouting Tinubu should invade Niger Republic I go just dey laugh.... Tinubu wey like money pass anything will never do anything that will bring wahala to our economy.

Thank you Jagaban for your wisdom and tactics.
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by successmatters(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2023
Just say the fulanis dared you and your bunch of headless generals to try anything funny and return to Iragbiji grin
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by FaceTanke: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2023
Wise man
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by Taylor93: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2023
madridguy:
Wise man himself. Anytime I see people shouting Tinubu should invade Niger Republic I go just dey laugh.... Tinubu wey like money pass anything will never do anything that will bring wahala to our economy.

Wise man keh

He for go Niger naa make them remove him pampers

Thanks Niger for giving this Buffon a befitting name EBOLA

Mumu president wey never secure his osun state people from Fulanis wan go fight Niger

2 Likes

Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by BigBlackPreek(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban!
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by successmatters(m): 10:56am On Nov 04, 2023
Taylor93:

Wise man keh

Mumu president wey never secure his osun state people from Fulanis wan go fight Niger

grin grin
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 10:59am On Nov 04, 2023
He later realised that Niger Republic is not an extension of his so called Lagos agbero fiefdom. Does he observe that Even Buhari that claimed Niger Republic is his first blood country have long maintained a deafening silence approach to the unfolding politico-military events therein?

1 Like

Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 11:00am On Nov 04, 2023
madridguy:
Wise man himself. Anytime I see people shouting Tinubu should invade Niger Republic I go just dey laugh.... Tinubu wey like money pass anything will never do anything that will bring wahala to our .
Being itchy and impulsive is not sagacity. Asslicking is not wisdom.

1 Like

Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by madridguy(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2023
I know you're in sifia pain. Don't worry, with time you will be heal and better.

Racoon:
Being itchy and impulsive is not sagacity. Asslicking is not wisdom.
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by goodnessme1(f): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2023
Coward people
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2023
You cannot force Democracy & Constitutional order on people... They have absolute monarchy in Qatar, UAE & Saudi Arabia yet US, EU, AU e.t.c are doing business with them. I guess Democracy has another meaning when you allow your citizens to burn holy qoran under the guise of freedom of expression but you prevent those who want to protest against the killings of civilians in Palestinian.
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by goodnessme1(f): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2023
madridguy:

People are not shouting tinubu should invade Niger republic.

Tinubu promised and boosted to invade Niger republic.

Even gave ultimatum.

You yoruba Muslims should stop to always change the narrative.

1 Like

Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2023
Nonsense.
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by RenaissanceGuy: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2023
Taylor93:

Wise man keh

Ordinarily, yahoo boys do not have any moral rights to insult any politician, because they are of the same feather.
Re: I Strategies For ECOWAS To Avoid Bloodshed In Niger - Tinubu by slivertongue: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2023
fruitless expedition

(1) (Reply)

Apc Manipulating Results In Brass / Wike flags off Construction Of Rural Roads (photos) / INSIDE LIFE: NIGERIAN Woman Based In United Kingdom Collapses On Duty, Dies Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.