Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives (33539 Views)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

You are a liar , there is no such long age practice in amongst the Tiv people it never existed

Tiv does not have a culture against infidelity? Another lie , a Tiv man can ask for his bride price back if he catches his wife with another man

Every one can do that, but Aleku in Idomaland won't wait for brideprice to he taken before striking the infidel.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
Okechinwadike:
they gave me, but not the first wife oooo.Lol
Where in tivland did this happen?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
[quote author=doggedfighter post=126787146]

You run a match making agency or what ?infidelity.

Nope.

I'm sure its not unusual to introduce known friends who are game for marriage, no?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Sylva2147: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.

There's a place in Nigeria that eats human being till today that I witnessed.

But because people always ask you to present an evidence for them to believe which is always very difficult made people to always stay calm and ignore.

Things that happened which is always shameful people will never admit because it's always very difficult to prove it.

You can imagine so many people testifying that they had witnessed the incident yet they they will still ask you to provide an evidence.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:

Every one can do that, but Aleku in Idomaland won't wait for brideprice to he taken before striking the infidel.
Idoma women do cheat on their husbands Aleku or whatever doesn't work

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by abobote: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
History can not lie

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

Idoma women do cheat on their husbands Aleku or whatever doesn't work

Ofcourse they do, but not as loosely terrible like the TIVS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by doggedfighter(f): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2023
[quote author=LadyRosa post=126787630][/quote]

I read you introduced them to clients.

That's why I asked .
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:

Ofcourse they do, but not as loosely terrible like the TIVS.

What happened to the idoma Aleku you talk about?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by hotseat: 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2023
When a lie is repeated continuously, it soon becomes a "fact".

This belief concerning the famed hospitality of the Tiv people giving out their wives to "strangers" to have a swell time is as old as Methuselah.

The veracity of this belief is neither here nor there.

But it's further rumoured that not just all "strangers" are entitled to this red carpet treatment but long time special bosom friends.

Again, all na still dem say!
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by 2metrelaurie(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

They do give out their wives to visitors, although it was an age long practice. But they used to do it in the past.

I'm Tiv , I have a living relative who is 98 years old
This practice was never a thing in Tiv society at any point in this universe's timeline

Like buharis integrity claim no one knows how this claim came about
And like Tinubus identity no one seems have proof of it

4 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by OndoRaph(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

They do give out their wives to visitors, although it was an age long practice. But they used to do it in the past.
How did you know
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

What happened to the idoma Aleku you talk about?

Still very effective till this day in some parts of Idoma land. Infact, the idea alone it exists, effective or not Still instill fear in women.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by SonOfDSoil01: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
Roboto11:

You say?
let that one dey delude herself, even during my camp in umuna bende abia state, we heard that rumor about ngwa people, they were well known for cannibalism and still practised on a low key and many corp members had to redeploy then after camp cheesy or is its a coincidence they are called ipob cannibals? Even in recent news we still see how they decapitate their victims and eat like suya, make she dey play grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by FreeStuffsNG: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2023
Hmmm.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
doggedfighter:

I read you introduced them to clients.

That's why I asked .

'Clients ' I guess is an incorrect choice of word to use. Friends and colleagues is best.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Firstcitizen: 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
It was a cultural practice among them long ago as confirmed by an old man from that area to me many years ago.

The present generation probably do not engage in it hence they feel offended.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:

Still very effective till this day in some parts of Idoma land. Infact, the idea alone it exists, effective or not Still instill fear in women.
What does Aleku mean and what does it do?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Weretuntun: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!
WHY DID YOU GUYS CHANGE THE CULTURE WHEN IS MY TURN,ANYWHERE I HEAD THAT TIV ARE VERY FRIENDLY. AND WILL BE COMING TO EXPLORE THE PLEASURE . NOTHING SWEET PASS bleeping A MARRIED WIFE
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by spencekat(m): 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
They might have done those things in the ancient days

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by spencekat(m): 1:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Firstcitizen:
It was a cultural practice among them long ago as confirmed by an old man from that area to me many years ago.

The present generation does not engage in it hence they feel offended.
Same thing I told someone here.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by AchrafHakimi: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:

Your people in Ngwa eat humans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by AchrafHakimi: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

No mind am.
Small pikin full dis forum
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Roboto11: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
SonOfDSoil01:
let that one dey delude herself, even during my camp in umuna bende abia state, we heard that rumor about ngwa people, they were well known for cannibalism and still practised on a low key and many corp members had to redeploy then after camp cheesy or is its a coincidence they are called ipob cannibals? Even in recent news we still see how they decapitate their victims and eat like suya, make she dey play grin

Even Mr.Ibu attested to it though he didn't pinpoint what location exactly.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by MrBONE2(m): 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
RandomFellow:
E be like these ones done harvest their yams. Normally, these guys go to court after their harvests. If you provoke them, they wait till they harvest their crops, then take you to court grin grin cheesy

grin

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by SonOfDSoil01: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
Roboto11:

Even Mr.Ibu attested to it though he didn't pinpoint what location exactly.
grin no be lie my brother cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by lordchiz(m): 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:
angry

It's an age-long practice and so, TIV men at a point did these things. Whether it practised to date? May not be possible but maybe, TIV men in their reasonable majority do not value their women that much. Unlike the Idomas and igboid groups, which share boundaries, TIV does not have a culture against infidelity so TIV married women sleep with men like breathe to the nose, and it's a habit their men taught them right and well.

It's affecting genuine well brought up TIV girls. Twice I tried to match some good ones with clients looking to settle down, but they rejected them outright on hearing they are TIVS.

Its far easier to see TIV married women in local meat joints drinking and eating meat with men than any other Nigerian tribe.
You have said it all.....No cap sis!

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:

https://dailytrust.com/idomaland-where-the-gods-still-impose-penalties/

https://www.themiddlebelt.ng/2023/10/12/the-harmful-traditional-practice-suppressing-women-in-nigeria/

I read it , and I will tell you it doesn't exist , Tiv people have similar tradition which is called SWENDE it's a kind of tragic misfortune that comes upon a man if he sleeps with another man's wife , in idoma the effect is on the woman but amongst the Tiv it's on the man but still Tiv men still sleep with other men's wives it doesn't work , the SWENDE also comes upon siblings who sleep with each other even if they did it while they were little children if will affect them as adults unless they pass through ritual cleansing , (Anande ve ke adudu) which simply means to burn them , they will be locked up in a tatch house naked and the Tiv priest will perform the ritual and set fire to the tatch house they will break free from the house and run outside naked swearing we are no longer siblings and I will never have anything to do with you , and they will run all the way to the stream and Wash themselves
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by jrusky(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!

With my little knowledge about Tiv people I swear it really sound stupid for anyone to come up with such narrative that a Tiv man will give his wife to a stranger to f u c k, bro it is very annoying statement and I will never belief such happens anywhere in Nigeria.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by LadyRosa(f): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

I read it , and I will tell you it doesn't exist , Tiv people have similar tradition which is called SWENDE it's a kind of tragic misfortune that comes upon a man if he sleeps with another man's wife , in idoma the effect is on the woman but amongst the Tiv it's on the man but still Tiv men still sleep with other men's wives it doesn't work , the SWENDE also comes upon siblings who sleep with each other even if they did it while they were little children if will affect them as adults unless they pass through ritual cleansing , Anande which simply means to burn them , they will be locked up in a tatch house naked and the Tiv priest will perform the ritual and set fire to the tatch house they will break free from the house and run outside naked swearing we are no longer siblings and I will never have anything to do with you

Big LIE!
IT still exists, these one I KNOW FOR SURE.

its how effective it is in some parts of Idoma land should be the issue of these conversation.

Some very wicked traditional idoma societies still incur these Alekwu gods.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:

Big LIE!
IT still exists, these one I KNOW FOR SURE.

its how effective it is in some parts of Idoma land should be the issue of these conversation.

Some very wicked traditional idoma societies still incur these Alekwu gods.
I don't believe it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

85-Year-Old Emir Farouk Welcomes A Daughter With Young Wife (Pics) / Oodua beauty contestants At Ooni Ogunwusi Adeyeye's Palace (photos) / British Tottenham Choir Singing Yoruba song - Ise Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.