Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives (33529 Views)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Ykc2(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2023
Tiv people una get time ooh,nothing in this world wey yoruba people never accuse igbo people of doing, yoruba people say igbo people dey eat human beings we say ok,yoruba people say igbo people dey wake their parents us with kicking we said OK,yoruba people say igbo people get ori pelebe we said OK,dem called us okoro omo inna dem think say okoro or omo nna na bad name we answer all,today social media came only for us to know that in reality afonjas are mining skulls ,tiv people brace up and challenge the narrative ,don't let any tribe intimidate una
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by ottersberger(m): 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!

Go and sit down. Una dey dash una wives anyhow to your Igbo friends for proper lashing. I still remember Utonkon dat year

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by henrimoto(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
nathyx:
It is only someone who is insensible, that would believe this big fat lie that tiv men give their wives to strangers fat lie, as if e easy to marry wife! go and find wife just carry dash out wow grin
.. Learn from people that have travelled out of there domains. You never travell out of your domain at allll.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by ottersberger(m): 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2023
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/tiv-umbrella-body-heads-to-court-over-claim-they-entertain-guests-with-wives/

F00lish people.

So, a group of Igbos, highly intoxicated with unadulterated Tombo, sues the useless Ohaneze for not challenging someone who lied that Igbos sell their mothers for money.

Or the sniveling cowardly Yoruba urchins here in Nairaland, because of the unrelenting poverty that ravages their lives, sue the Council of Obas for not fighting people who claim that Yoruba are cowards.

These stereotypes are universal.

Mad people everywhere.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Phils: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2023
Sex slavery is common among the Tiv then, and even now. Sexual drive is an individual thing but you cannot take it away that the Tiv has high level of libido and also good degree of promiscuity. Nigeria data of PLWHA can attest to that

On the above matter, the Tiv man of then can go far to a virgin land, away from his people, and start a farming community. He goes there with his wife and also able-bodied young girls/ladies who are farm workers he recruits. As a Tiv man wey him be,he normally sleeps with the girls.

Tiv man is known for love of food/meat/beer and group merriment. They are good host to special friends/visitors too. Then, when his fellow men come around to relax, eat and drink palmie, they see some of the young girls serving them and the host will gladly tell his guest to choose one for the night. To the host, he is just nacking one of my slave. To friends from other tribes (Fulani, Idoma, Jukun, Eggon etc) and neighbours who are aware the host normally sleeps with these girls, they conclude that host is leasing out his wives to friends for quickie. In olden days, whoever you 'sleep' with and is under your roof is considered your wife. Polygamy allowed. These unhealthy tradition made people to hang the stigma of 'wife-leasing' on the Tiv nation.

Hope with these above unedited few points of mine, Tiv will know that they are guilty as accused.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Peterpanny: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.
that one na true o ngwa people day use human being meat day prepared ngwongwo.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Andersonken(m): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Jacksonwar099: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:
grin
Tiv umbrella abegggg I no wan laugh grin grin grin

Out of every rumours there is always an element of truth .....No be lie

This umbrella is just seeking attention...
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Jacksonwar099: 2:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
Jesuschristus:
Just tell us you have stopped,case closed
your head dey there
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Dancebreaker: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2023
\
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Emyogalanya: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

Na lie i've seen it and personally experienced it
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by koning: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2023
So, if your friend likes your wife, he will visit every weekend grin grin grin. Strange custom.

I believe it existed in the very olden days, when most tribes in Africa were semi naked.

I think it still exists today in that tribe in Southern Africa. The Himba, i think. Somewhere in Namibia. But, the sex part is now optional.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Dancebreaker: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:
angry

It's an age-long practice and so, TIV men at a point did these things. Whether it practised to date? May not be possible but maybe, TIV men in their reasonable majority do not value their women that much. Unlike the Idomas and igboid groups, which share boundaries, TIV does not have a culture against infidelity so TIV married women sleep with men like breathe to the nose, and it's a habit their men taught them right and well.

It's affecting genuine well brought up TIV girls. Twice I tried to match some good ones with clients looking to settle down, but they rejected them outright on hearing they are TIVS.

Its far easier to see TIV married women in local meat joints drinking and eating meat with men than any other Nigerian tribe.

Hmmmm
Better be sure of that thing you wrote there o.

Is there any Tiv woman who can confirm it? Was the "kola nut" practice in the past? Is it perhaps still practiced in some remote areas where some people may be more conservative?

If it is or was part of the culture, others have no right to condemn it, even if we hold different values.

Culture is not static. If they wish to now change it, they must respect the minority who may wish to uphold it.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Bimpe29: 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
Does that need to get to Court?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by onadana: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
Thundafireseun:
grin
Tiv umbrella abegggg I no wan laugh grin grin grin

Out of every rumours there is always an element of truth .....

This umbrella is just seeking attention...

Sure,many years ago I had a TIv female friend,who took me to her house introduced her husband to me as her brother in his presence,told me her daughter was her sister's and we were dating.Atimes she would want me to come to her house "let us do it there" but I never agreed to that.She was the one providing for the family..her so call brother drives her car..until one day we lost someone on my street and "her husband" came there to greet.He spoke to someone I knew and when he left I asked the lady of she knew him ..she said yes..nah . that's so...and so.. husband they even have a daughter together,I asked her how she knew..she said she attended their wedding they are family friend's. Your reaction is as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Enemyofpeace: 3:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

You had sex with a Tiv woman and her husband was aware of it ? Kid lie small small
they offered them to me
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by onadana: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.

Sure,many years ago I had a TIv female friend,who took me to her house introduced her husband to me as her brother in his presence,told me her daughter was her sister's and we were dating.Atimes she would want me to come to her house "let us do it there" but I never agreed to that.She was the one providing for the family..her so call brother drives her car..until one day we lost someone on my street and "her husband" came there to greet.He spoke to someone I knew and when he left I asked the lady of she knew him ..she said yes..nah . that's so...and so.. husband they even have a daughter together,I asked her how she knew..she said she attended their wedding they are family friend's. Your reaction is as good as mine.

Ngwa eating humans is not a folklore...you can pay a visit as a stranger...find out.Come and tell us.......you don't...know...
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Thundafireseun: 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2023
onadana:

I schooled in Nasarawa

I have a lot of Tivs as friends

My kid bro schoolled in Uni agri markudi many many years ago

This news is stale …. Buh I can’t really argue it because I haven’t been offered such by any of my friends before
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by CHIATECH: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
GOOD MOVE! Let there be a strong warning to cowards who don't value anyone outside their tribe. The economic lessons we are learning now will teach us that tribal affiliations are negligible in terms of development. The important tribes have installed the failure inherited from their forefathers, who were scammed by the whites in a non-capable and disjointed WAZOBIA marriage. They all need help, and the smaller tribes are significant. Check GEJ's short tenure; despite their gang-up against his good policies, things were better. They say anything against the collective personalities of others with comfort. Until they value actual talents from smaller tribes (according to their unverified political figures) and treat everyone with respect, Nigeria will remain a pity.
>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING! the Takuluku-Avenging Spirit will descend on anyone who tries that defamation close to me.
#WeAreBetterthanYouNow
#WeAreCivilized
#Educated
#OurPopulationIsHidden
#WeAreGloballyQualified
#RespectForAllTribes
#Tiv
#CentralNigeria
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by JOemmy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:

So where did the rumor come from? There's no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Christistruth03: 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

These Tiv people really fall my hand. We all know that such accusation is false,why make their claims relevant.

The Tiv people have a more pressing issue, which is how to stop the killings in their area.

The genocide going on there should be their priority,not this. A man whose house is on fire don't go about chasing rat.

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by seunjungle1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
Exactly that was what they use to say here in Abuja and I never see any TIV man ot woman that argue against it, instead they will be laughing which shows that the statement is true.
There is another one that talks about how TiV girls dish out p**sy freely to guys and we have plenty examples of them truly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Lovelyn451(f): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
I even thought its like a proverb to describe the extent they go to welcome a visitor. cos Theyre extremely accommodating just like in Enugu where it's a tradition to accommodate a stranger that comes to your home, even if he's a murder, u make him feel at home first b4 u start questioning him
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by sacajawea: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:
angry

It's an age-long practice and so, TIV men at a point did these things. Whether it practised to date? May not be possible but maybe, TIV men in their reasonable majority do not value their women that much. Unlike the Idomas and igboid groups, which share boundaries, TIV does not have a culture against infidelity so TIV married women sleep with men like breathe to the nose, and it's a habit their men taught them right and well.

Its far easier to see TIV married women in local meat joints drinking and eating meat with men than any other Nigerian tribe.
Idina nko?
Are they similar too, even if it's slightly?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by sacajawea: 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Zooposki:
As a woman I want make them offer me the husband. πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
And you will collect??
You will collect and 'do'?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by BoldBrainz(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:

If these words had emanated from someone else, we would have taken them seriously.

Unfortunately, you have no business speaking on behalf of Tiv people. You're a cheapskate. A cowardly sell-out who has spent years bastardizing his roots on the altar of political servitude.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Zooposki(f): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2023
sacajawea:

And you will collect??
You will collect and 'do'?

What a man can do, a woman can do better. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜›
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by obrian888: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:

The story or allegation did not say visitors rape or enticed a Tiv man' wife, it is alleged that a Tiv man gives his wife to his guest as a kind gesture, so any man who leaves his house to Tiv man's house and wait for that sacrificial offering, will wait for a very long time and be disappointed las las, so Oga don't get over heated, nobody wan rape your wife.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by sacajawea: 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2023
Zooposki:

What a man can do, a woman can do better. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜›
I see...
You seem to have a high libido and Sex drive.

Cos that comment is completely Random, unexpected, and interesting..
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by sacajawea: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
onadana:

You no add small Lie Join am?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Oshin56(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
TIV people's are very hospitality in nature, but presently the little I knew about them I don't think TIV man can play with His wife
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Amicable24: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2023
Jesuschristus:
Just tell us you have stopped,case closed

Honestly whenever I hear about Tiv people, this issue being discussed is what comes to mind .... It's indeed a big allegation against the Tiv people if it's really a lie .... I think they should do more education to the public concerning this matter because many believe it is true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

85-Year-Old Emir Farouk Welcomes A Daughter With Young Wife (Pics) / Oodua beauty contestants At Ooni Ogunwusi Adeyeye's Palace (photos) / British Tottenham Choir Singing Yoruba song - Ise Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.