Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives (33532 Views)

Tiv Cultural Group Dazzle At The Lagos Street Carnival (photos) / Beautiful Tiv Brides In Their Costume / Oba Of Benin Reacts To Attack On Octogenarian In Benin Palace, Heads To Asorock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by achimendy(m): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

A Tiv man DOES NOT give out his wife as souvenir to visitors. You will DIE!

Are you sure the tiv tribe didn't practice this act during their primitive era?

I've been hearing this since I was a kid, and a tiv friend of mine wen i was in school told us that they practiced it b4 but not anymore. He said they've stopped it.

So maybe you should investigate properly.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by achimendy(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.

Wen we asked a tiv friend about this same issue back then in school he said they practiced it back then but not anymore.

So I think they practiced it but not anymore.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by achimendy(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2023
LadyRosa:
angry

It's an age-long practice and so, TIV men at a point did these things. Whether it practised to date? May not be possible but maybe, TIV men in their reasonable majority do not value their women that much. Unlike the Idomas and igboid groups, which share boundaries, TIV does not have a culture against infidelity so TIV married women sleep with men like breathe to the nose, and it's a habit their men taught them right and well.

It's affecting genuine well brought up TIV girls. Twice I tried to match some good ones with clients looking to settle down, but they rejected them outright on hearing they are TIVS.

Its far easier to see TIV married women in local meat joints drinking and eating meat with men than any other Nigerian tribe.

Exactly.

But your profile funny sha.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by onadana: 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
sacajawea:

You no add small Lie Join am?

Why will I do that?I didn't even tell the complete story,it's shocking and unbelievable.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mamijoh(f): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2023
benuejosh:
It is very demeaning, foolish and unreasonable for people to actually think that about a Tiv man.

But i want to make it clear for anyone who will want to come to Tiv land for such expedition to please for the peace of the family he travelled and left behind that he should please write his will before living home. It is very important.

A Tiv man doesn't play with his WIFE and food. Going close to a Tiv man's wife when he is fully aware is like talking badly against Mohammed when you're a Christian in Sokoto or Katsina or Jigawa State. You know the result.

They said it was then ennot now
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by DADYLEED: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2023
Omoh na now una no say una get shame for that level, even pikin of two years know say na una way na.My small advice is to Chanel ur energy to the day you will still deny una sister wey d give #500 quikey for all this corner corner brothel in abuja and other states in Nigeria...
benuejosh:

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by justking(m): 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2023
Clearing the air
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by OVB123: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2023
Weretuntun:
WHY DID YOU GUYS CHANGE THE CULTURE WHEN IS MY TURN,ANYWHERE I HEAD THAT TIV ARE VERY FRIENDLY. AND WILL BE COMING TO EXPLORE THE PLEASURE . NOTHING SWEET PASS bleeping A MARRIED WIFE
U are laying curses on yourself. Paradventure, you have been doing it before, it is time to desist from it.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by OVB123: 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Mrfeel:

I read it , and I will tell you it doesn't exist , Tiv people have similar tradition which is called SWENDE it's a kind of tragic misfortune that comes upon a man if he sleeps with another man's wife , in idoma the effect is on the woman but amongst the Tiv it's on the man but still Tiv men still sleep with other men's wives it doesn't work , the SWENDE also comes upon siblings who sleep with each other even if they did it while they were little children if will affect them as adults unless they pass through ritual cleansing , Anande which simply means to burn them , they will be locked up in a tatch house naked and the Tiv priest will perform the ritual and set fire to the tatch house they will break free from the house and run outside naked swearing we are no longer siblings and I will never have anything to do with you
Thanks for this piece of information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by robbase: 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2023
There is no smoke without fire. I am a living witness to this culture of tiv entertaining guests with their wives. In 2015, I and two of my colleagues in the office went to a village close to gboko for a wedding. The grooms uncle and his brothers sent thdir wives to sleep with us. We were giving separate huts to sleep earlier. Oh boy we kna k kpekus tire

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by robbase: 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2023
In the old in days, if a tiv man has a guest that is handsome, he will give out his wife to sleep with the guest, so that his wife will born a handsome child. I don't know if it is still practised now sha.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Machinegun91(m): 10:14pm On Nov 04, 2023
Abeg someone should visit me

I have a beautiful wife
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 10:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
they offered them to me
In your dreams
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2023
OVB123:
Thanks for this piece of information.
You are welcome
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Chuzoetoh(m): 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2023
pocohantas:
No sensible person should believe such story.
Just like the story of Ngwa people eating humans. Sounds ludicrous.
but Ngwa people did eat humans in the past nah
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by VULCAN(m): 10:25pm On Nov 04, 2023
One someone spends so much energy denying a thing, I can sense there is usually some truth there.

I first heard this rumour 30yrs ago so why is it now that noise is being made?

I can bet that this practice existed in previous generations but intead of you people to say "things have changed", you are denying it strenuously.

Oga, Go and sit down

benuejosh:

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by izubext007: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2023
To day is the first day I'm hearing about their umbrella
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Melagros(m): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2023
Jesuschristus:
Just tell us you have stopped,case closed
Hahaha grin grin grin
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Melagros(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
Bulldozer90:
everyone knows it's true.
Hmmmmm nawa ooo angry
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Toktee(m): 2:31am On Nov 05, 2023
FalseProphet1:

They do give out their wives to visitors, although it was an age long practice. But they used to do it in the past.
Brainless ediot, can you drop evidence to support your lies?

Well,your father happened to be your mom's elder brother... how about that?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mgada1ne(m): 3:17am On Nov 05, 2023
This makes us who we are (Africans)

We are good in formulating fake stories against each other. We hardly dig out fact before going out to spread nonsense.

Growing up we were told of the football match between Nigeria Vs India . We all believed the 99 goals saga but now it's clear, we need no one to false or truth this story.

Alot have been said about different African tribes but only sound minded will know how true these stories are .

River Niger was said to be discovered by a foreigner and we all believed to the extent we go about preaching it to the younger generation ,Lol..u could imagine a river our people were fishing in, using as a means of transportation and which serves many other purposes since creation was discovered by a foreigner! These are the kinds of stories we believe in without facts but only the widened Horizons will think twice about these stories.

Not everything we are told that we should believe , most of these are not backed with fact . Let's think outside the box before spreading false information .

You could imagine a man giving his wife to a stranger to sleep with . LoL... How possible.
Let's stop being typical Africans ND think.
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Microwhy: 5:03am On Nov 05, 2023
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/tiv-umbrella-body-heads-to-court-over-claim-they-entertain-guests-with-wives/
Incorporated Trustees of Mzough U Tiv, an umbrella body for Tiv nationalities worldwide, has instituted a suit against the Tiv Area Traditional Council (TATC) over alleged cultural practice by the Tiv tribe.
The allegation borders on claims that the Tiv man entertains his stranger with his wife.
Yeye tribe, TIV tradition have many things to defend.
80% of TIV people are not good character people. I can defend this my claim anywhere.
Thank God they're now trooping out from their enclaves to mix with sane people in other part of Nigeria. They're very backward retards.
Its better to adopt them as slaves than making them a friend. Though, now that they're leaving their dead state with no physical development, their new generation will be much more better after mixing and marrying other tribes.
The Responsible Ministry should as a matter of urgency, ban TIV from marrying themselves. Or in a family of 4, 3 MUST marry from other tribe.In order to purge or extinct their extremely bad character.
They're very greedy and very selfish tribe. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Microwhy: 5:18am On Nov 05, 2023
achimendy:

Are you sure the tiv tribe didn't practice this act during their primitive era?

I've been hearing this since I was a kid, and a tiv friend of mine wen i was in school told us that they practiced it b4 but not anymore. He said they've stopped it.

So maybe you should investigate properly.
People don't know that tribe that's why some of them have the guts to come social media.
I swear, if you go close to a TIV, you will be surprise on how uncultured they're. They're very primitive till date. Those that are speaking out are not in any of their state (Benue). They're the ones that have mix up with other tribes in other states or countries.

2 Likes

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by YourKarma: 5:26am On Nov 05, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

These Tiv people really fall my hand. We all know that such accusation is false,why make their claims relevant.

The Tiv people have a more pressing issue, which is how to stop the killings in their area.

The genocide going on there should be their priority,not this. A man whose house is on fire don't go about chasing rat.

Aswear, I no just understand those people
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by YourKarma: 5:35am On Nov 05, 2023
I don't know how true this is, but what I do know is that they like Bleep pass anything
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by phemray(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
Na mumu dey worry you pple. Na everything dem dey carry go court?

Lolz, but make them wait ooo, what if court rule otherwise??

Meaning it will now be established and compulsory for TIV to continue using Thier wife's legally for entertainment ?...then We die there .. 😂

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by yom2(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Uptheante(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2023
Microwhy:

People don't know that tribe that's why some of them have the guts to come social media.
I swear, if you go close to a TIV, you will be surprise on how uncultured they're. They're very primitive till date. Those that are speaking out are not in any of their state (Benue). They're the ones that have mix up with other tribes in other states or countries.
But many of their women dey easily dish out toto to any willing man shamelessly.
One guy told me that sex to a Tiv woman is just like a handshake.
They see nothing wrong in fucking around, that's why most of them are into prostitution

1 Like

Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Uptheante(m): 8:56am On Nov 05, 2023
Machinegun91:
Abeg someone should visit me

I have a beautiful wife
Shebi you go give me your wife to Bleep for the night?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Uptheante(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2023
robbase:
There is no smoke without fire. I am a living witness to this culture of tiv entertaining guests with their wives. In 2015, I and two of my colleagues in the office went to a village close to gboko for a wedding. The grooms uncle and his brothers sent thdir wives to sleep with us. We were giving separate huts to sleep earlier. Oh boy we kna k kpekus tire
Did this really happened or you just wanna catch cruise?
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Uptheante(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2023
Mrfeel:

Which age long practice that the Tiv elders themselves don't know but you who is not even a tiv person know?

Bro, Tiv girls/ women of even 50 something years full brothels for Abuja, Nasarawa, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano, Gombe, Plateau state, Enugu (Obollor Afor, 9th mile, Nsukka & Enugu city) etc dey sell their toto for as cheap as 1k.
Even many of their married women dey collect preek outside with little inducement.
I once heard from a senior boss, how some Tiv men allow their wives to Bleep Fulani men just to get money for the family

I think only Igbo ladies come close to them in terms of prostitution in Nigeria.
Tiv women's own is even worse because they can easily Bleep without protection & can give you freely, which Igbo girls will never do unless with money
Re: Tiv Umbrella Body Heads To Court Over Claim They Entertain Guests With Wives by Mrfeel: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2023
Uptheante:

Bro, Tiv girls/ women of even 50 something years full brothels for Abuja, Nasarawa, Taraba, Kaduna, Kano, Gombe, Plateau state, Enugu (Obollor Afor, 9th mile, Nsukka & Enugu city) etc dey sell their toto for as cheap as 1k.
Even many of their married women dey collect preek outside with little inducement.
I once heard from a senior boss, how some Tiv men allow their wives to Bleep Fulani men to get money for the family

I think only Igbo ladies come close to them in terms of prostitution in Nigeria.
Tiv women's own is even worse because they can easily Bleep without protection & can give you freely, which Igbo girls will never do unless with money
I don't want to debate about prostitution,

The topic of this discussion is about a cultural practice amongst Tiv men giving out their wives to visitors , I repeat it's a big lie such does not exist amongst the Tiv people, and whoever your boss is , he is a lair.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

85-Year-Old Emir Farouk Welcomes A Daughter With Young Wife (Pics) / Oodua beauty contestants At Ooni Ogunwusi Adeyeye's Palace (photos) / British Tottenham Choir Singing Yoruba song - Ise Oluwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.